AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/)
-   -   New Ride (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/new-ride-760564/)

bl^5 01-21-2010 10:10 AM

New Ride

I got a new ride last summer and I just got around to getting some things done to it and taking pictures.

It was a 5 year hiatus from having a nice car, I traded in my CL-S to get the wifey a SUV at the end of '03 and I took to driving her '94 Kia Sportage 4x4. She entered grad school full time so I added a '00 civic to the fleet along with two more kids! Then last summer she entered the working world again and told me I could get a ride for myself. I had a VERY HARD time making a decision between something practicle that could fit the whole family and something that suited my taste. The wifey pushed me to get the latter as we already had something practile.

So after looking for a long time I found a '06 BMW 330i w/ sport and nav packages that was sitting at BMW of Austin right after a huge hail storm came through. I figured I would get an excellent deal on it, get it repaired for cheap and then be good to go. The dealer, however, wouldn't budge on the PREDAMAGED price. So I ended up with...

https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24761

2006 Infiniti M35 with Tech package.

https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24765
https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24764
https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24763
https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24762
https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24760

Excuse my picture taking skills as they suck and my old digital camera doesn't help much.

I love the car. RWD will probably keep me away from Acura since we never see real snow in Houston. I wish I could have the Honda/Acura Navigation as the Infiniti user interface SUCKS A$$. I changed out the rims and did a mild drop, tinted the windows, and hacked the nav screen to keep it from limiting functionality while in motion. As an added bonus I can actually barely get three car seats in the back. If the wife doesn't get a new car soon, I'll throw some headrest monitors in at the end of this year.

iTimmy 01-21-2010 10:13 AM

I like the wheels, normally I think aftermarket wheels look terrible on M's. I really like the current M's for what they are, and am very eager to see the 2011 in person.

juniorbean 01-21-2010 10:14 AM

Looks awesome! Nice ride. Like the wheels too...

I've always loved these cars but have always been put off by the HUGE tails. Are any Infiniti owners doing anything with vinyl or anything to make them look more proportionate?

vas25tl 01-21-2010 11:36 AM

Congrats!

I'd love me a M45 sport :drool:

gatrhumpy 01-21-2010 11:44 AM

I love the wheels! Nice ride. Could you take interior pics?

princelybug 01-21-2010 11:59 AM

Congrats!

SRK85 01-21-2010 02:52 PM

M35 is one of the most underrated cars I like it.

Dr. Colorado 01-21-2010 03:50 PM

Clean ride and I like the rims. M interior is super lux which interior trim do you have? I love the small things like how the seat belts tighten when braking hard. Birds eye nav system takes a little getting used to no doubt.

JS + XES 01-21-2010 03:58 PM

i don't really like the rims but anyway, nice car!

is300eater 01-21-2010 04:17 PM

cool, welcome to the Infiniti family...

juniorbean 01-21-2010 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by surfer rick (Post 11670018)
I love the small things like how the seat belts tighten when braking hard.

Doesn't that happen on all cars? :confused: It happened on every car I've ever owned. Kinda thought that's how seat belts were manufactured.

Black CL-S 4-Life 01-21-2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by bl^5 (Post 11668780)
I got a new ride last summer and I just got around to getting some things done to it and taking pictures.

It was a 5 year hiatus from having a nice car, I traded in my CL-S to get the wifey a SUV at the end of '03 and I took to driving her '94 Kia Sportage 4x4. She entered grad school full time so I added a '00 civic to the fleet along with two more kids! Then last summer she entered the working world again and told me I could get a ride for myself. I had a VERY HARD time making a decision between something practicle that could fit the whole family and something that suited my taste. The wifey pushed me to get the latter as we already had something practile.

So after looking for a long time I found a '06 BMW 330i w/ sport and nav packages that was sitting at BMW of Austin right after a huge hail storm came through. I figured I would get an excellent deal on it, get it repaired for cheap and then be good to go. The dealer, however, wouldn't budge on the PREDAMAGED price. So I ended up with...

https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24761

2006 Infiniti M35 with Tech package.

https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24765
https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24764
https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24763
https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24762
https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=24760

Excuse my picture taking skills as they suck and my old digital camera doesn't help much.

I love the car. RWD will probably keep me away from Acura since we never see real snow in Houston. I wish I could have the Honda/Acura Navigation as the Infiniti user interface SUCKS A$$. I changed out the rims and did a mild drop, tinted the windows, and hacked the nav screen to keep it from limiting functionality while in motion. As an added bonus I can actually barely get three car seats in the back. If the wife doesn't get a new car soon, I'll throw some headrest monitors in at the end of this year.

Nice ride man and good to see you around..:thumbsup: My cousin has a M45 and it has so many gadgets. I love riding in it.

knight rider 01-21-2010 05:53 PM

Nice car and wheels. You are the 3rd person in a month that I know that got the same car. One of my friends got an 06 AWD M and another got the same car as yours but in the darker grey. Congrats, its a nice car.

Dr. Colorado 01-21-2010 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by juniorbean (Post 11670330)
Doesn't that happen on all cars? :confused: It happened on every car I've ever owned. Kinda thought that's how seat belts were manufactured.

Oh no it's more of an electronically controlled tightening. Not the physical aspect of the seat belt per se which you're talking about but the car's computer recognizes the hard braking and sensing an impending collision, electronically tightens the seat belts. I took a M35 out for a testdrive a few years back and the salesman (who also is a patient BTW) suggested I slam on the brakes without telling me about the seatbelt feature. It was kind of trippy to experience like I was being squeezed for lack of a better description:tomato:

If other cars have this feature that's pretty cool. My 05 Element and 07 911 don't.

ANC297 01-21-2010 06:56 PM

I love the wheels! Beautiful car man.

mrdeeno 01-21-2010 07:13 PM

WTF...is Acura like the gateway to Infiniti?

SuperTrooper169 01-21-2010 08:56 PM

Congrats! Love the M's!

2K2SilverTL-S 01-21-2010 09:11 PM

Mind filling me in on how you hacked the Navi to work while driving????

I picked up an amazing M35X for my mom with Rear DVD/Navi and Rear reclining seats (it was a $10K package on the M). These cars kick bu--. Night and day difference between the M and G interior wise.

Good luck with yours. Looks great :thumbsup:

Steven Bell 01-21-2010 11:04 PM

I'm diggin' the wheels. They might look good on a Type S. Congrats on the ride!

bl^5 01-22-2010 12:02 AM

Thanks for all the compliments! acurazine (or acura-cl.com for the old heads) will always be home for me. We need some infiniti sub forums here. Their current forums just don't cut it!

Originally Posted by juniorbean (Post 11668795)
Looks awesome! Nice ride. Like the wheels too...

I've always loved these cars but have always been put off by the HUGE tails. Are any Infiniti owners doing anything with vinyl or anything to make them look more proportionate?

I haven't seen any infiniti owners do anything, but with the size of them I think it would be pretty difficult to camouflage them. Infiniti did make them smaller for the 08 refresh though. I actually like them but if they weren't LEDs I'd think differently.

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy (Post 11669066)
I love the wheels! Nice ride. Could you take interior pics?

Preciate it! I'll get some interior photos up one day. have to get the car seats out first!

Originally Posted by surfer rick (Post 11670018)
Clean ride and I like the rims. M interior is super lux which interior trim do you have? I love the small things like how the seat belts tighten when braking hard. Birds eye nav system takes a little getting used to no doubt.

Thanks!
I have the tech (non sport) edition with nav, dvd, and 14 speaker dolby surround sound.

Originally Posted by JS + MS3 (Post 11670044)
i don't really like the rims but anyway, nice car!

Thanks. The rims aren't for everybody, but the BMW I was originally looking at had the concave style rims and I really started liking the style. Not to mention I got an EXCELLENT deal on them and the wider width (9.5" all around) combined with the offset really improve the overall stance.

Originally Posted by juniorbean (Post 11670330)

Seatbelts usually will stop moving as a car breaks (you can't move forward anymore than the tension present immediately before the brakes were hit)
This system actually tightens the belts at an emergency braking event (if you were leaning a little forward it will pull your ass back into the seat and tighten). It's kind of like when you were a kid sitting in the front seat of your mom's car and she hit the breaks and her arm would instinctively shoot out and ram you in the chest pushing your body back into the seat. Really caught me by surprise when this happened the first time.

Originally Posted by Black CL-S 4-Life (Post 11670339)
Nice ride man and good to see you around..:thumbsup: My cousin has a M45 and it has so many gadgets. I love riding in it.

This damn thing had gadgets galore! I had it for months before I realized the previous owner had a Sirius subscription that was paid up (I'll be upset when/if it expires).

It's D@MN good to be back in the H mang! Do you still have the Ack? I can't tell you how many times my wife thought you were me back in 02-03!

Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S (Post 11670940)
Mind filling me in on how you hacked the Navi to work while driving????

I picked up an amazing M35X for my mom with Rear DVD/Navi and Rear reclining seats (it was a $10K package on the M). These cars kick bu--. Night and day difference between the M and G interior wise.

Good luck with yours. Looks great :thumbsup:

Thanks!
Your mom has the PREMIUM edition! It doesn't get to much better than that. It has a retractable back window shade too. I'm glad I didn't know about that trim level when I was looking for mine. It is pretty rare and I definitely would have tried to find one.

Just google M35 nav hack and you will find the info. It does two things it makes the system think the car is in park and it bypasses the speed detector.

Originally Posted by knight rider (Post 11670380)
Nice car and wheels. You are the 3rd person in a month that I know that got the same car. One of my friends got an 06 AWD M and another got the same car as yours but in the darker grey. Congrats, its a nice car.

Thanks! Consumer reports sold me on it. I also saw a post somewhere here where someone said as a used car it is the best bang for the buck. I'm all about a BARGAIN!

Originally Posted by iTimmy (Post 11668790)
I like the wheels, normally I think aftermarket wheels look terrible on M's. I really like the current M's for what they are, and am very eager to see the 2011 in person.

I am looking forward to the 2011 too. I'll probably replace mine with a used one in 5 years (or Lord willing a CTS-V)...

Originally Posted by vas25tl (Post 11669045)
Congrats!

I'd love me a M45 sport :drool:

Thanks. That V8 sounds like a beast with a good aftermarket exhaust system

Originally Posted by is300eater (Post 11670099)
cool, welcome to the Infiniti family...

Thanks! No torque steer FTW!

Originally Posted by ANC297 (Post 11670553)
I love the wheels! Beautiful car man.

Thanks!

wrxyboy 01-22-2010 02:03 AM

ive always loved the m35 or m45. They have alot VIP M's and if i were to sell my car this would be one of cars id consider.

mrmako 01-22-2010 04:20 AM

Very nice ride.....

Over here (and I think there too), the sport package has very nice 19" wheels, but for some reason, those wheels work with that Fuga..um, er, the M35/45.....

:thumbsup:

Pitman 01-22-2010 08:15 AM

Congrats on the beautiful ride. We have another addition to Infinitizine family. :thumbsup:

juniorbean 01-22-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by surfer rick (Post 11670483)
Oh no it's more of an electronically controlled tightening. Not the physical aspect of the seat belt per se which you're talking about but the car's computer recognizes the hard braking and sensing an impending collision, electronically tightens the seat belts. I took a M35 out for a testdrive a few years back and the salesman (who also is a patient BTW) suggested I slam on the brakes without telling me about the seatbelt feature. It was kind of trippy to experience like I was being squeezed for lack of a better description:tomato:

If other cars have this feature that's pretty cool. My 05 Element and 07 911 don't.

Originally Posted by bl^5 (Post 11671354)
Seatbelts usually will stop moving as a car breaks (you can't move forward anymore than the tension present immediately before the brakes were hit)

This system actually tightens the belts at an emergency braking event (if you were leaning a little forward it will pull your ass back into the seat and tighten). It's kind of like when you were a kid sitting in the front seat of your mom's car and she hit the breaks and her arm would instinctively shoot out and ram you in the chest pushing your body back into the seat. Really caught me by surprise when this happened the first time.

Ahhh.. gotcha. Yeah, I read the original post about it differently. Thanks for the clarification!!

juniorbean 01-22-2010 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by mrdeeno (Post 11670611)
WTF...is Acura like the gateway to Infiniti?

Based on Car Talk and experience, seems Acura is more of a gateway to German cars... however, Infiniti is very close behind...

1slo23 01-22-2010 08:45 AM

Looks really good man, I like the wheels/drop alot

wasupdog 01-22-2010 09:15 AM

awesome ride! i'd much rather roll on stock wheels than those exe's though, to be honest.

Majofo 01-22-2010 09:55 AM

nice ride.. but WTF is up with the vanity plate? are you an exterminator? lol..

bl^5 01-22-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by 1slo23 (Post 11671801)
Looks really good man, I like the wheels/drop alot

Thanks!

Originally Posted by wasupdog (Post 11671882)
awesome ride! i'd much rather roll on stock wheels than those exe's though, to be honest.

Thanks. If I had the sport edition with stock 19's I would have stayed with them, but the 18's looked to small and bland. I got a KILLER deal on these too...

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 11672011)
nice ride.. but WTF is up with the vanity plate? are you an exterminator? lol..

:D College frat nick name...

Originally Posted by Pitman (Post 11671745)
Congrats on the beautiful ride. We have another addition to Infinitizine family. :thumbsup:

Thanks! We really need to make that move. BMW subforum and Infiniti subforum FTW!

Originally Posted by mrmako (Post 11671590)
Very nice ride.....
Over here (and I think there too), the sport package has very nice 19" wheels, but for some reason, those wheels work with that Fuga..um, er, the M35/45..... :thumbsup:

Thanks! My Fuga errr M35 is not a sport edition otherwise I would have stayed with factory wheels for sure.

Originally Posted by wrxyboy (Post 11671503)
ive always loved the m35 or m45. They have alot VIP M's and if i were to sell my car this would be one of cars id consider.

I just found out about the VIP style recently, big dish wheels slammed and tucked. Not my cup of tea but it looks pretty cool when done correctly.

CLtotheTL32 01-22-2010 02:51 PM

Gorgeous car! I was looking for a M before my TL but I couldn't find one that was in my price range.

Get yourself a nicer camera! Those pictures don't give that car any justice:thumbsup: