my RANT about a local Brake/Muffler shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:03 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my RANT about a local Brake/Muffler shop

okay about September or October I took my 94 Accord to Monroe Muffler and Brake to have front rotors, pads and rear pads all replaced.
Then did it in about 4 or 5 hours(which was fine)
I drive it about 6000 miles(2-3 months later) and notice the brake petal starting to "hop" when i press down on it I take it back to them. and explain to them what's going on. They said "alright we'll look at it."
Couple things to keep in mind
#1. the rotors I had on this before this set was orginal rotors(my family bought the car new and it had over 250,000 miles on the old rotors so even 10,000 miles should be nothing for them)
#2. I paid $550 bucks so it was a little pricey.
It still wasn't acting right so I took it to a Honda Service Center.
THE DUMBASSES PUT THE BRAKE PADS ON THE WRONG WHEEL.(THE ONE THE GOES ON THE LEFT GOES RIGHT AND SAME ON THE OTHER WHEEL). I had Honda technician write up what was wrong.
Then I said could you "mic" the rotors. meaning measure the rotor thickness. He said "OH CRAP DEREK, your only 1 mm(which is about nothing) from needing these replaced"

So i went over to Monroe and show him the statement clearing saying
A. the rotors(which has less than 10,000 miles on them are nearly shot)
B. the pads were on backwards.

Me:"Sir I have a problem I brought my car in here to have it serviced and I brought it back after i had service after that I took it to a Certified Honda Mechianic and he said you failed to do the pads right.
Manager: That can't be right we do tons of Hondas
Me: RIGHT HERE ON THE BILL THE MECHANIC WROTE YOU PUT THE PADS ON THE WRONG WHEEL.
Manager: Okay we did but it doesn't hurt the car just the squeeler tab(which lets you know when the brake pads are low) don't go off.
Me:I paid you to do a service RIGHT AND YOU FAILED
Managerby this point he's PISSED) Look kid why didn't you bring it back here
Me: You F--KED UP THE CAR ONCE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO LET YOU TOUCH IT AGAIN.
Manager: We didn't F--CK UP YOUR CAR IT HAS 270,00 MILES FOR GOD SAKE
ME: I said that's another bitch of mine why the hell is my rotors so thin. You assholes are putting on sh!tty parts.
Manager: We use Bendix which is the best.
Me: right here on the paperwork I had the Honda Mechanic "mic"(which is slang for measure) the rotors he said they are thin. he wrote in the measurements.
Manager: Let me measure em
Me: SO HELP ME YOU TOUCH THAT CAR IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.
Manager: What do you mean
Me: YOUR NOT TOUCHING THAT CAR DUDE. YOUR A NUMBNUT WHO CAN FIX A CAR TO SAVE YOUR ASS PLUS YOU RIPPED ME OFF.
Manager: how do you know the Honda guy didn't mismeasure
Me: I trust Honda more than you, you had once chance to make it right plus it shouldn't be doing this anyhow.
Manager: How the F--K AM I SUPPOSE TO LOOK AT THE CAR WITHOUT PUTTING IT ON THE JACK.
ME: ARE YOU A F--KING TOOL. I JUST GAVE YOU THE MEASUREMENTS OF IT BY A HONDA TECHINICAN PLUS HE WROTE THE PADS WERE PUT ON THE WRONG ROTOR. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!
Manager: GET THE F--K OUT OF HERE OR I'M CALLING THE COPS.
so i got in my car and peeled out of there.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Report him to BBB . Damm S.O.B.s who doesn't know when to apologizes for a mistake. You could come by the shop afterhour and burn it down...
Old 01-13-2005, 04:00 AM
Flap.

Second on the burning the place down :P
Old 01-13-2005, 04:02 AM
I'm back, biatch.

Monroe muffler and brake? I fucking hate them.

Lets to a nationwide burndown.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Retired playa

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why couldn't u just be a little more calm and have them redo the work right for free?
Old 01-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I would've told them to do it right, and I would've stood next to them this time, making sure they do it right.

Now what are you gonna do? The manager is pissed off at you, and won't work with you. Are you going to buy new rotors/pads now? Who's gonna pay for them?

Got a little too hasty, in my opinion, although I totally understand.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
update:
Oh no the war isn't over.
So basically the Manager thought I'd give up and not buy brakes from him again. WRONG
So I call Monro "feedback line"
I talked with a customer service lady. It doesn't sound good for them because have my reciepts for when they put on the rotors, and shoes(they put mileage on the receipt)
then I have the reciept when they claimed they "fixed" it(with mileage on it)
then I have a receipt WITH on it the Honda Techican WROTE ON THE REPORT THE SHOES WERE ON WRONG SIDES OF ROTORS. (which also has mileage on them)

THE ROTORS ONLY HAVE LIKE 8,000 MILES ON EM AND THEIR BETTER THAN 1/2 WAY SHOT.

Lisa the lady who taking care of my claim at Monro asked me to Fax me these receipts.

Then this Lisa lady said "Well what do you want us to do?"
I said "I want money back?"
She was suppose to call back tonight it's 7:30 eastern time and still no call.
she was suppose to call the Monro place where I got the brakes from and get "his side of the story" which I know he'll make me sound like an ass.

Now about burn the place down: sorry guys I'm a firefighter. If I do that they pull my firefighter certifications.

Now about remaining calm:
I gave them the chance to put it on right the 1st time.(which is fine)
they failed( I was getting a little ticked)
I went back the 2nd time: I explained what it was going on they turned the Rotors (after about 6000 miles)(which there's no reason for turning rotors after 6000 miles unless your putting on shitty rotors) I consulted them about why they are turning rotors they said it just depends on driving conditions, weather conditions and crap like that . I knew it was a line of crap because the old set lasted over 200,000 miles. I let it go because they didn't charge me.
about 1000 miles later: it starts again(I'M PISSED) I said Hell with Monro they don't know what's going on I'm taking it to a Honda certified Mechanic.
took it over there they said the shoes were on the wrong side and rotors were low.(he miked em)(I'M REALLY PISSED)
I call Monro up and raise hell with them.
they said bring over the car and paper work. I do that.
He wants to mike it himself. and I say hell no your not touching my car. and he wonders why I'm pissed.
I gave him 2 CHANCES TO PUT ON THE PARTS RIGHT AND HIS ORGANIZATION FAILED BOTH TIMES.

If he was a good business manager he would have said look we messed up we'll make it right sir.
I wouldn't have minded if he would redo them if he simply admit he was wrong but he wouldn't admit he was wrong and GET THIS THE MECHANIC WHO DID FELT HE DID A "GOOD JOB" :shakehead

No he won't admit he's wrong even though I got evidence from a indepent 3rd party. I never told the mechanic the brakes were bad or replaced at a shop other than a Honda shop. I said "Inspect the brakes"
Old 01-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Suzuka Master

my .02 cents

You got to be real calm in those situations... he told you he would look at the vehicle at which time you called him a clown.....so technically he tried to rectify the problem but you became upset and hostile... at which time he can deny you service....granted you are entitiled to freedom of speech but if you spoke to him in that manner he can deny you service/fix within his establishment.... (he could of even brought you up on trespassing charges if you did not leave the property)....you are a firefighter, you know lots of cops, ask one what would/could of happened..

in other words, if you would of handled it in a laid back manner, I am sure you would of had the problem fixed along with a partcial refund (maybe).... but now you got to go through all the red tape...

keep us posted.. and try and breath... life goes on..