My next vehicle...

Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
an acquaintance of mine switched to a bike for his daily commuter about 2 years ago, then last year he ended up rear ending a vehicle on an on/off ramp because traffic came to a sudden stop. He pretty much shattered both forearms and couldnt do anything with his hands for several months. no bikes for me in this area.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg
an acquaintance of mine switched to a bike for his daily commuter about 2 years ago, then last year he ended up rear ending a vehicle on an on/off ramp because traffic came to a sudden stop. He pretty much shattered both forearms and couldnt do anything with his hands for several months. no bikes for me in this area.
In my area turn signals are far and few between, people cut multiple lanes without looking, turn left from the right most lane and vice-versa, excessivley speed, road rage easily, run reds, the list goes on.

Honestly, looking back to the last four months of driving I have to frequently ask myself HOW THE HELL AM I STILL ALIVE? Heck, at one point I had a pickup and an SUV coming at me from both the front driver and front passenger side and a week or so ago a guy ran a red while texting and speeding as I was turning (with right of way via signal) and damn near took off the front end of the civic I was driving.

Sure, a bike is more dangerous, but my opinion (and only my opinion, which is likely to change come spring) is that you can get seriously injured or killed on both cars and motorcycles due to the ignorance and stupidity of other drivers, as well as ones own stupidity and ignorance. Might as well have fun while you are still whole... I figure a bike, with much better acceleration can get out of situations where you are about to be t-boned or crushed from both sides.

Good acceleration, braking and observational skills are probably the only reasons that I am still here and have not had any accidents.

Last edited by Dspr_02; 10-10-2012 at 11:02 PM.