Memory and seat heater problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Memory and seat heater problems

I am currently experiencing 2 issues with my 04 TL that I wanted to share with the group and see if anybody else has experienced them and what the resolution is

1. Has anyone noticed a problem with their memory seating not being saved? This has happened to me several times over the past 2 weeks.....I will look at the memory button (ie- #1) and the light won't be on. After stopping, I will push the button and nothing.....both settings are lost. I have to reprogram it again. I have also noticed that the mirror setting didn't restore at least once between memory 1 and 2. This problem is intermittent. When I brought it to Acura for service, the memory was working just fine

2. Also, has anybody experienced a problem where the driver's side seat seems to get warm even though the seat heater is off.

That doesn't seem to happen with the passenger side seat.

Thanks in advance for help
Old 11-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

someone commented about #1 on TOV and apparantly the dealers know about it and it's a bad memory module that needs to be replaced
Old 11-04-2003, 06:59 PM
9th Gear

I have the memory problem. It has happened twice since I picked up the car last month. Although the last time it happened, I moved the seat position, locked the car with the key fob, then unlocked the doors and I remember the seat moving back into position when I opened the doors even though the memory LED did not light up. I will have to test this again, if it goes out before I get it into the dealer for repair. I reset the memory settings this afternoon and it's working fine for now.

As for the excess heat, I have not noticed anything. I tested the heater once and everything seemed to have worked fine.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro

Yep, happened for second time today, but not only was the seat memory gone, the temps on the climate control was messed up, it was at max heat for the drivers side and max cold for the pass side.

I know that was wrong as my side is never max heat (cold yes, not heat) plus it was on auto 72 for both sides this am before I got out.

On the lighter side, my friends new 7 series (1 year old) died in front of my house, would not start, they called BMW roadside assistance at 5 pm, now at 10, no one has shown up (even with hourly calls to BMW, now that is what I call a $80K screwing!
Old 11-08-2003, 07:29 AM
Pro

Should the temperature settings be memorized too? And if they are how do you set them?
Old 11-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Pro

Originally posted by TorontoTL
Should the temperature settings be memorized too? And if they are how do you set them?
The car automatically remembers the temperature settings when you shut off the engine, and links it to the key fob/driver settings (ie driver 1 or 2). This is new for 2004 on any acura (I think on any).
Old 11-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Pro

Exclamation Update - Acura Working on it

OK, here is the deal as of today regarding a fix to the absent minded TL on memory seats.

Acura Tech Line told my dealer today that many cars are having this problem and they are “working” on a fix. So for now, they are recording those that are having this issue and trying to figure out how to fix it.

I guess there is a ghost in the machine.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:39 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by need4spd
On the lighter side, my friends new 7 series (1 year old) died in front of my house, would not start, they called BMW roadside assistance at 5 pm, now at 10, no one has shown up (even with hourly calls to BMW, now that is what I call a $80K screwing!
On the lighter side...that's cold blooded man. But hilarious!
Old 11-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Jason
On the lighter side...that's cold blooded man. But hilarious!
The best part is that they did not show until 2 pm the next day after repeated calls, and what do they show up with? A HOOK! When we told them no way, flat bed only, the guy says I tow hundreds of these on the hook, anyway before we can even call BMW roadside, the guy takes off, poof, gone, finally we get a flat bed at 3pm.

Too bad the transmission will not shift into neutral as the gear shift is electronic So they can not even move it until we can fake that the car has started.

Wow, don't ever get stuck with the new 7, you need a crane to move it. And it takes almost a day for them to come!!!! Don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere (I am in the NYC metro area)!

Be thankful we have a transmission that has a manual selector!

$80,000 BMW
$50,000 flat bed
$5000 electronically controlled and acuated transmission
$200 battery
$10 alarm sensor that drained battery

Manually actuated gearshift - PRICELESS!

Ok, so when they fix it they say that the battery is too small for the car, and that the alarm sensor draws too much power if the car is not driven enough :'(

Oh yeah, under special campaignes, they replace all the coil packs, replace the SMART keys, and reprogram ALL 8 computers (they said original programs allowed the computers to confilct each other).

And the interior has plastic parts where the finish has worn off (for some reason, BMW likes to paint thier plastic parts a closer shade to match other things, but underneath is a shinny similar color finish????) Have seen this on three different year/model cars.

Thought you can use the laugh!