L.I. Meadowbrook Pkwy 2 Tickets & Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
L.I. Meadowbrook Pkwy 2 Tickets & Need Advice

Well, basically on Saturday night, I was with a friend in my 03 TLS on Meadowbrook Pkwy heading North Bound from Southern Pkwy(For those of you around the area). As I kow this area is patrolled by cops heavily, I don't speed in this area and keep it under 70mph which is what 90% of the cars are driving at. Now I was on the left lane doing about 60mph as there was a car in front of me and we were on our way to mall, and were debating whether to pick up one of my other friends on the way. Suddenly my friend who's in the car says quick we need to pick the other guy up so take this exit which was pretty much comming up real quick, so I checked my mirrors and had an opening so i just bolted over to the right real quick. I understand that this is illegal, but come on, who hasn't done this once in a while when you realize you have to take an exit all of a sudden, so cut me some slack.

Basically 10 seconds later, I see those infamaous Crown Vic Headlights tailgating me which I knew in my head I'm fucked and I was. Got pulled over, routine shit, (Liscence and Registration), thought I was drunk, gave me the pen test then told me what I did was illegal which I apologized for and told him the truth as I had nothign to hide, and asked him if he could cut me a break as I dont drive like this, he didnt even let me finish my sentence and left to go back to his car. He returned with 2 tickets.

1. Improper/No Signal
2. Moved From Lane Unsafely

They are 3 points a piece and I thought what a Asshole this cop was to give me 2 tickets for the same violation. Now I'm not saying what I did was right, and I know was illegal but kind of a hefty punishment. On top of that the cop was pretty nasty basically giving me a lecture on how I need to behave on "his" roads and I'm lucky that he's not arresting me for wrecless driving. Mind it, I was going at no more than 55 to 60 mph. It all boils down to young kid in a nice hooked up car so lets fuck him.

Basically right now I need to know what to do as I can't take 6 points on my liscense, I'm 24 and have a clean liscence. Was looking forward to my insurance rates drop when I turned 25 next month. Is there any way to get rid of the tickets to no points and just pay a fine? Please advise guys.

Thanx
Old 05-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing more you can do than plead innocent, get a lawyer if you really care that much.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:45 PM
The hair says it all

get a lawyer would be the only advice i could give you

that cop sounds like a major dick. which makes sense because its LI. hehe kidding
Old 05-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
100% get a lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Race Director

Received 907 Likes on 550 Posts
2 things, was it a Nassau county cop or a State trooper.

If it was a Nassau cop, go to traffic court and plea bargain, Nassau will plea bargain everything(they just want the money and couldn't give a rats ass about the ticket).

If it is a State trooper, keep postponing the hearing, they get transfered all the time.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Beelzebub
2 things, was it a Nassau county cop or a State trooper.

If it was a Nassau cop, go to traffic court and plea bargain, Nassau will plea bargain everything(they just want the money and couldn't give a rats ass about the ticket).

If it is a State trooper, keep postponing the hearing, they get transfered all the time.
How many times can you postpone the hearing? So basically your saying that by the time I actually do go in, the cop won't show up and I'll get the tickets dismissed?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
3 times, if the cops doesnt show up, then it is dismissed

or u can take a 4 hr lecture, and drop the 6 pts.

good luck
Old 05-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Instructor

Turn in both tickets and plead not guilty for both. You're 24 with a clean driving record, and they are bullshit tickets to begin with. If it was major speeding or something heavy, then I'd worry about it. If you've never gotten a ticket (or have a clean license) chances are that the judge will know they are bullshit tickets and dismiss the case. NO need to get a lawyer. That's ridiculous. If you had a DWI or 3 speeding tickets or missed 4 court cases then I'd say get a lawyer, but in your case, it's not necessary.

You should always have the defensive driving course. It's worth the $50 for the course, and it takes 10% or "removes" the 6 points on your license for 3 years.

My advice: take the defensive driving course anyways, and plead not guilty to the tickets. If you're turning 25 next month, call your insurance company immediately and have them lower your insurance. Plead not guilty for the tickets, and it will take over a month to get a court date. This way, you'll insurance will go down, and worse case scenario, if you get screwed for the tickets, and your insurance goes up, it will be based on your new premium from it being dropped when you're 25.

Good luck..keep us posted
Anthony
Old 05-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Race Director

If it is a State trooper, get a lawyer and plead not guilty. they know the system and can get you out of it. Also this will put you past 25 so you get the lowered insurance rates.

Or you can do this.
there are 2 ebooks on my website
http://www.gotham-enterprises.com/temp/

http://www.gotham-enterprises.com/temp/(Ebook) How To Beat A Speeding Ticket 309k).pdf
http://www.gotham-enterprises.com/temp/(Ebook) How To Beat A Speeding Ticket.pdf

I have a ticket pending in Suffolk county that I got almost a year ago.

ItalnMusINYC, the defensive driveing only gets rid or 4 points. And they only dissapear from the states records not the Insurance company (they can still rasie your rates $100 per year for every point)

Last edited by Beelzebub; 05-16-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Beelzebub
ItalnMusINYC, the defensive driveing only gets rid or 4 points. And they only dissapear from the states records not the Insurance company (they can still rasie your rates $100 per year for every point)
I dunno, when i took it, I was able to get rid of all of my six points. And I think its the other way around - its still on state records, but not on the insurance companies ones.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:41 AM
Race Director

The state knows about it, it doesn't count tward your 12 points but the moving violations are still on your record.

And in NY it only gets rid of 4 point's. I took it last year and still have the book.