Keep the Cobra or buy a Spiral Grey 04 Vette convert.???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
I'll put miles on it this year. Like I said...I did a lot of boating last year....I moved to my own place...I broke up with a GF of 4 years! I worked alot over the summer detailing cars too. Last year I barely drove it...this year will be different!
like you say, you haven't even driven it yet.. you haven't really had a proper chance to fully enjoy it.. your car is an incredible car. it's the best cobra out (until the gt500 comes out), and it's a vert! why not enjoy the car now that you have more time to drive.. and THEN, once you get bored of it, think of getting something new...
Old 03-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by the_Osk
like you say, you haven't even driven it yet.. you haven't really had a proper chance to fully enjoy it.. your car is an incredible car. it's the best cobra out (until the gt500 comes out), and it's a vert! why not enjoy the car now that you have more time to drive.. and THEN, once you get bored of it, think of getting something new...
Hey Osk, how are you liking your Mustang GT convert???
Old 03-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey 65,

thanks for remembering and asking. I'm enjoying it, for the most part. Unfortunately, some of the roads where I moved are really bumpy, which isn't fun in a mustang. I'm thinking of upgrading the suspension in the near future.. lowering it, control arms, etc. But I need to save up a bit first.

Oh, and I kind of had a boo-boo.. and scratched it up.. I'm going to see if insurance will pay for it, but I might have to pay for it myself. I was quoted $1500-1800 by one place.

but other than that, it's really fun. I took it down to San Diego the other day to catch my bruins play their first round. And drive topless whenever I can, like today. It just sucks that it's been cold and/or raining in LA this past month or so. But it'll surely get more sunny very soon.

So overall I'm enjoying it. Sometimes I wish I would have gotten that TSX or an A4 or something. but it's cool, i'll probably get one of those in a couple years as my next car.. so in the meanwhile, I'll just enjoy my sporty car.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:07 AM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CLpower
yea, no

Hell, I ran a cobra vert w/ pulley exhaust and intake yesterday in the GTO, we were dead even (dog fight, he'd pull half, i'd pull half, by 120 we were dead even) from 60-120 last night.

The Vette will be as quick as a lightly modded cobra, but it'll handle a lot better.
who needs handling in a straight line?

after the traction issue is resolved, its just go go go