AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/)
-   -   Juniorbean's Porsche to CTS-V Wagon to E63 - **SOLD! Plus Pics of New Car Pg 18** (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/juniorbeans-porsche-cts-v-wagon-e63-%2A%2Asold-plus-pics-new-car-pg-18%2A%2A-910161/)

Majofo 06-18-2015 12:32 PM

Used 2012 CADILLAC CTS-V Base For Sale in Colma CA | Stock: SC0107376 | San Francisco Bay Area

:biggrin:

2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon | Addison, Texas | Texas Hot Rides

^ still available, but have't dropped price.. maybe negotiable since it's been in the shop for a few weeks now.

juniorbean 06-18-2015 02:06 PM

^ LOL, you suck :tomato:

juniorbean 06-18-2015 02:30 PM

That red one is nice but priced high... especially for no Recaros or Pano. That silver one is nice, but California is so far away...

CLtotheTL32 06-18-2015 02:31 PM

Worth it ;)

rossv1 06-18-2015 02:45 PM

Would make for a nice drive to get acquainted with the car on the way back. :wink:

Majofo 06-18-2015 02:48 PM

Yeah I really like the color.. there are some okay priced sedans out there. One dealership even promotes that they'll fly you out, pick you up, and give you enough gas + a garmin to get you back home. :chuckle:

Not bad.

subinf 06-18-2015 03:30 PM

Congrats on the sale.

Too bad the silver cts is an auto.

juniorbean 06-18-2015 03:35 PM

^ We are looking for an auto Vagon. I'll pick up a manual something else just for me down the road :)

KaMLuNg 06-18-2015 03:37 PM

they drove down from NJ?!!!

Majofo 06-18-2015 03:38 PM

:racing:

asianspec 06-18-2015 04:56 PM

Congrats JB

JS + XES 06-18-2015 05:07 PM

Congrats on the sale! Now, get the new goodie asap. :O

juniorbean 06-18-2015 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg (Post 15472563)
they drove down from NJ?!!!

:nod: He was a nervous buyer... first car transaction online... so he decided to skip shipping, drive down last night, pick it up this AM, then drive home. That's like 22 hours of driving with only a small break. Pretty crazy.

Me, I would have paid the $620 to have it shipped :tongue:

black label 06-19-2015 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by juniorbean (Post 15472431)
That red one is nice but priced high... especially for no Recaros or Pano. That silver one is nice, but California is so far away...

:woot:

Road trip!

ttribe 06-19-2015 02:56 PM

I feel sad again. :sad:

Majofo 06-19-2015 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ttribe (Post 15473590)
I feel sad again. :sad:

:scratch:

ttribe 06-19-2015 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 15473593)
:scratch:

I felt sad when jb said he was going to sell the car.

I feel sad again now that he has, and I've seen the pics of it being hauled away.

Majofo 06-19-2015 03:46 PM

cars come and go.. it's all about variety.
If he misses the cab, he'll get another one. :pimp:

ttribe 06-19-2015 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 15473645)
cars come and go.. it's all about variety.
If he misses the cab, he'll get another one. :pimp:

Still sad. :cry:

JS + XES 06-19-2015 07:30 PM

That picture did get me too..

juniorbean 06-23-2015 08:17 AM

LOL, you guys are too funny. Yeah, the pic is a bit disheartning. Funny thing is we had a wedding in the mountains this weekend and I said to my wife, boy the Porsche would have been perfect for this trip. She just rolled her eyes. :chuckle:

But yeah, the pic makes it final. I did love that car and can definitely see myself in another cab in the future, but selling it for now made the most sense. Plus if I do get another one down the road I'd probably go turbo :devilgrin:

juniorbean 06-23-2015 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by rossv1 (Post 15472469)
Would make for a nice drive to get acquainted with the car on the way back. :wink:

Originally Posted by black label (Post 15473565)
:woot:

Road trip!

Yeah, it would be cool but that's a long trip. Not sure I could work that into my schedule :)

Anyone in the SF area want to look at a car for me? :tongue:

juniorbean 06-25-2015 05:55 PM

Just got the pics back from that Acura dealer listing. Requested them on Monday. They're definitely not giving me a warm and fuzzy to think about doing a cross-country transaction.

May just have to call Shoofin to get the job done when the time comes :D

Yumcha 06-25-2015 09:02 PM

Keep us posted, JB! :ecstatic:

juniorbean 06-26-2015 08:33 AM

Pics look good... car looks clean but not crazy about silver and it has a front plate. I know, now I'm being picky :)

I have my eye on a few others so we'll see. No rush :D

juniorbean 07-24-2015 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, the silver really grew on me so it's on a truck headed my way :ninja:

I'll lock this up and start a new thread when she arrives next week...

Majofo 07-24-2015 09:58 AM

Radiant Silver Buddies!!! :woot: :cheers:

Majofo 07-24-2015 09:59 AM

Bob's first V was RSM too! :boogie:

juniorbean 07-24-2015 10:32 AM

^ It's funny b/c I saw one of his older posts on the CTS-V forum, but didn't see the date... and was confused when I saw the username and a silver CTS-V. lol. I eventually put two and two together :)

Yumcha 07-24-2015 11:00 AM

Congrats! :woot:

Majofo 07-24-2015 11:26 AM

JB.. a few things, research exhaust options. It's soooo quiet. :rofl:

2nd.. the performance settings on the V are ambiguous and the owner's manual doesn't mention much other than how to flip the switches. The V as well as many GM vehicles have traction control as well as stabilitrak (think ESP). The TC button the steering wheel controls both:

Default: Both on
Hit button once: TC off, Stabilitrak on
Hit button twice: TC off, Stabilitrak in Competitive Mode
Hold down button for several seconds: TC off, Stabilitrak off

Turning TC off lets you spin the wheels more than usual (I spin the wheels with everything on in first, second, and third).
Stabilitrak competitive mode is a toned down version. Gives you a little more lateral play / yaw before taking over. Steering effort is also increased to give you tighter control.
Everything off.. clench your butt and hold on. -burnout mode :rofl:

:drag:

There is also a sport suspension setting (shock button on center stack) stiffens up the suspension. You may not notice a huge difference. I noticed it right away because my commute covers some pretty rough roads. The suspension is already pretty firm. I think this setting not only stiffens it up but has quicker inputs from the suspension mgmt side of the pcm.

Flipster23 07-24-2015 11:27 AM

congrats JB.

juniorbean 07-24-2015 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 15504183)
JB.. a few things, research exhaust options. It's soooo quiet. :rofl:

2nd.. the performance settings on the V are ambiguous and the owner's manual doesn't mention much other than how to flip the switches. The V as well as many GM vehicles have traction control as well as stabilitrak (think ESP). The TC button the steering wheel controls both:

Default: Both on
Hit button once: TC off, Stabilitrak on
Hit button twice: TC off, Stabilitrak in Competitive Mode
Hold down button for several seconds: TC off, Stabilitrak off

Turning TC off lets you spin the wheels more than usual (I spin the wheels with everything on in first, second, and third).
Stabilitrak competitive mode is a toned down version. Gives you a little more lateral play / yaw before taking over. Steering effort is also increased to give you tighter control.
Everything off.. clench your butt and hold on. -burnout mode :rofl:

:drag:

There is also a sport suspension setting (shock button on center stack) stiffens up the suspension. You may not notice a huge difference. I noticed it right away because my commute covers some pretty rough roads. The suspension is already pretty firm. I think this setting not only stiffens it up but has quicker inputs from the suspension mgmt side of the pcm.

Awesome! Good to know!

I've been looking at the exhausts and have been leaning towards the Corsa. Since we will do road trips in this it's important to not have any drone while cruising. In the short term I'll likely do an intake and exhaust... possibly a Mamo TB... maybe. Should be good for the performance mods for a bit since it already has over 550hp stock. After that will likely be some appearance stuff (wheels, blackout items, etc)...

Very first mod will be removing that front plate since NC does not require one. Bumper plugs are already on order. That and all-weather mats. Have those on order too :)

Majofo 07-24-2015 12:11 PM

Two things to look out for, the engine might make a rattling noise when shutting off, like a pulley bearing is going out. It's just the stock spring isolator, nothing to worry about. If you ever do a upper pulley swap, get a solid isolator and no more rattle noise. If you hear a bearing whine when the engine is cold and during slow turns, it's more than likely the diff fluid. Buy this one if so: ACDelco 10-4034 Dexron LS 75W-90 Gear Oil - 32 oz.

Also, the tech is pretty good.. so read up. When I bought my V the owner already set up lighting, auto-lock, and other features, which made it very convenient. You can set up so many features and there is quite a bit of info feedback you can scroll through on the dash from a race timer, lat g's, tire psi, trans temp, oil pressure, etc.

One thing you'll notice right away is the weight. Going from the P car to this, your senses will be out-of-whack. Braking may feel spongy, acceleration might feel muted, but you'll soon get a feel for everything. It does everything very well, without much drama (TC and stab on of course). :rofl:

v6cord2k5 07-24-2015 12:32 PM

:woot: Congrats!!

:cheers:

subinf 07-24-2015 01:09 PM

Sweet. Enjoy.

ttribe 07-24-2015 01:48 PM

Congrats on the V!

juniorbean 07-24-2015 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 15504257)
Two things to look out for, the engine might make a rattling noise when shutting off, like a pulley bearing is going out. It's just the stock spring isolator, nothing to worry about. If you ever do a upper pulley swap, get a solid isolator and no more rattle noise. If you hear a bearing whine when the engine is cold and during slow turns, it's more than likely the diff fluid. Buy this one if so: ACDelco 10-4034 Dexron LS 75W-90 Gear Oil - 32 oz.

Also, the tech is pretty good.. so read up. When I bought my V the owner already set up lighting, auto-lock, and other features, which made it very convenient. You can set up so many features and there is quite a bit of info feedback you can scroll through on the dash from a race timer, lat g's, tire psi, trans temp, oil pressure, etc.

One thing you'll notice right away is the weight. Going from the P car to this, your senses will be out-of-whack. Braking may feel spongy, acceleration might feel muted, but you'll soon get a feel for everything. It does everything very well, without much drama (TC and stab on of course). :rofl:

Appreciate the info!

Not sure the weight will hurt to much. I only put about 1800 miles on the P-car, so not much seat time. Most time was spent in a lifted FJ or Jeep... so I'm sure this will still feel like a rocket :) .

QQ... what do you recommend for engine oil? I was going to go Mobil 1 full synthetic, but I did a lot of reading on the forum and it seems like that is not a popular choice. I used to run Redline and Amsoil in the TL, so was leaning that way. Engine will be stock for a while, which also seems to make a difference. Thoughts?

Majofo 07-24-2015 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by juniorbean (Post 15504394)
Appreciate the info!

Not sure the weight will hurt to much. I only put about 1800 miles on the P-car, so not much seat time. Most time was spent in a lifted FJ or Jeep... so I'm sure this will still feel like a rocket :) .

QQ... what do you recommend for engine oil? I was going to go Mobil 1 full synthetic, but I did a lot of reading on the forum and it seems like that is not a popular choice. I used to run Redline and Amsoil in the TL, so was leaning that way. Engine will be stock for a while, which also seems to make a difference. Thoughts?

Can't go wrong with either listed. I'd do M1EP / Redline / Amsoil if you do extended OCIs. If you intend on taking it to the dealer for oil changes, some guys get the M1 only oil cap which is found on the vette, just to make sure they do fill with M1. You'll read some nonsense about only Dexos1 spec / rated oils, which doesn't cover several excellent synthetics. This spec is $$, has nothing to do with meeting engine lubrication requirements.

CLtotheTL32 07-24-2015 04:38 PM

Awwwww yeah! Congrats! :cheers:

Planning on bringing it to C&C next weekend? :wish: