Infiniti G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
TL is better in only 1 area. Gadgets!
Exterior and interior styling is opinion only and is decided on the person itself.
The TL vs. G35 argument is so tired. Can we just move on?
Old 04-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Racer

TL_6SP

Do you post on the G35 boards?
Old 04-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TLover
The TL vs. G35 argument is so tired. Can we just move on?
Yea I agree.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RhodeRunner
TL_6SP

Do you post on the G35 boards?
Yep, too bad I have to come by and correct mis-information.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:54 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
:smackhead :banghead:
Old 04-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Advanced

TL is better in only 1 area. Gadgets!
Exterior and interior styling is opinion only and is decided on the person itself.
Sorry fellas, one last word in please...I just want to post my correct info as well.

Sales figures
March 04 YTD
TL 7310 18620

G35 Sedan 4247 11068

G35 Coupe 2781 7019
Total G35 7028 18087

When you eliminate the FWD vs RWD debate...
when you eliminate the cost comparison (the difference is small between two)
when you eliminate HP and 1/4 mile times (miniscule IMO, cite C&D tests)
all you have left is appearance and preferences...and by the sales figures, the public has obviously made its choice. And this is just for 2004, I can show 2003 numbers as well. (% increase in sales is also higher for Acura TL than G35 meaning the TL train is still steaming hard and still gaining strength)

We can analyze these further but these are the sales figures.

I THINK THE G35 is a magnificent car, but I just prefer the TL.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:03 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by maecrispy
Well, I *do* live in Michigan right now. I agree that you don't *need* FWD to survive in snow country. After all, my first car was an '89 IROC-Z. If you can drive that in the snow, you can drive anything.
you're right, you don't need FWD or RWD, you can still take the bus
nobody died before because they didn't have a car... if that's how people want to live...
Old 04-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I agree, let's move on....can't we all just get along?

Both the TL and G35 are wonderful cars with their respective advantages. I decided I wanted FWD and the TL's gadgets. NEXT THREAD!
Old 04-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Instructor

I drove both auto and 6sp TL's and G35's.

I thought that the interior on the G35 left a lot to be desired. Historically resale value on the TL has been much better than the G. The G is supposed to buck this trend of poor Infinity resale but only time will tell.

The G felt like it had more power in both models. THe engine sounds a lot "tougher" too.

The 6sp clutch felt much better than the TL. The TL release point on the clutch was very high, making me lift my entire foot off of the floor instead of just rocking on my heel.

The interoir and exterior of the TL sold me. Two days later my bother-in-law showed me is new 2.5L/Leather Altima. The interior in this car is almost identical to the G35. The only differnce I noticed was the Guage Cluster doesn't move with the Tilt Wheel.

G35's are everywhere so they must be pretty decent, then again who wants to drive what everyone else is driving?
Old 04-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Instructor

Even though I'd pick the TL over the G personally, I just don't see where the TL is sooooooooooo much better than the G35. The only significant area where the TL beats the G is quality of interior materials. Stuff like interior design and exterior design is entirely subjective and there can be no "better." The extra gadgets in the TL--DVD-audio, Bluetooth, and XM-radio are useless to me.

What I can use is a changer that can read MP3's. The new M is supposed to have that. I can have about 1000 songs in the 6 CD changer. Wonder if TL and RL will add this in the near future. I bet they will.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Banned

Don't forget there are alot more Acura dealers than Infiniti dealers so that does help teh sales a great amount.

Originally Posted by bktabinga
Sorry fellas, one last word in please...I just want to post my correct info as well.

Sales figures
March 04 YTD
TL 7310 18620

G35 Sedan 4247 11068

G35 Coupe 2781 7019
Total G35 7028 18087

When you eliminate the FWD vs RWD debate...
when you eliminate the cost comparison (the difference is small between two)
when you eliminate HP and 1/4 mile times (miniscule IMO, cite C&D tests)
all you have left is appearance and preferences...and by the sales figures, the public has obviously made its choice. And this is just for 2004, I can show 2003 numbers as well. (% increase in sales is also higher for Acura TL than G35 meaning the TL train is still steaming hard and still gaining strength)

We can analyze these further but these are the sales figures.

I THINK THE G35 is a magnificent car, but I just prefer the TL.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Banned

Kinda funny, because the TL resale value has never been better than the G35. NEVER.

G35 / Infiniti has the highest resale value over Lexus. That is a fact.

Originally Posted by TLJohn
I drove both auto and 6sp TL's and G35's.

I thought that the interior on the G35 left a lot to be desired. Historically resale value on the TL has been much better than the G. The G is supposed to buck this trend of poor Infinity resale but only time will tell.

The G felt like it had more power in both models. THe engine sounds a lot "tougher" too.

The 6sp clutch felt much better than the TL. The TL release point on the clutch was very high, making me lift my entire foot off of the floor instead of just rocking on my heel.

The interoir and exterior of the TL sold me. Two days later my bother-in-law showed me is new 2.5L/Leather Altima. The interior in this car is almost identical to the G35. The only differnce I noticed was the Guage Cluster doesn't move with the Tilt Wheel.

G35's are everywhere so they must be pretty decent, then again who wants to drive what everyone else is driving?
Old 04-12-2004, 10:26 PM
10th Gear

I have not seen the article, however the comparisons that I have read do not compare the A-Spec TL against these other cars, they compare the base model. I bet the performance part of the comparison would be much closer if they did run the A-Spec in the tests.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Racer

Yep, too bad I have to come by and correct misinformation.
You don't have to come by and correct anything. You participate in this forum by choice. Posting almost exclusively to G35 related threads in a TL forum is also by choice. I disagree that you're here solely in defense of the G35 though, because you've gone on the offensive with no provocation whatsoever, which pretty much adds up to trolling. You even go so far as to troll under one name, then jump on your own bandwagon and stir it up some more under another. No one makes you do that either.

It's sad that having such an excellent car doesn't seem to satisfy you; you appear to have some irrational need to rub TL owners' noses in it and call them names. Whenever someone calls you on it, you then turn around and cry victim, typically responding with "You're just here to make trouble, buddy", or something similar. What motivates you to post with such hostility in a TL forum? Dude, they're just cars.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by UminChu
You don't have to come by and correct anything. You participate in this forum by choice. Posting almost exclusively to G35 related threads in a TL forum is also by choice. I disagree that you're here solely in defense of the G35 though, because you've gone on the offensive with no provocation whatsoever, which pretty much adds up to trolling. You even go so far as to troll under one name, then jump on your own bandwagon and stir it up some more under another. No one makes you do that either.

It's sad that having such an excellent car doesn't seem to satisfy you; you appear to have some irrational need to rub TL owners' noses in it and call them names. Whenever someone calls you on it, you then turn around and cry victim, typically responding with "You're just here to make trouble, buddy", or something similar. What motivates you to post with such hostility in a TL forum? Dude, they're just cars.
It's a two way street. TL6 does seem prone to "attacking", but he gets his fair share of being attacked as well. Let's not get started on the "who started it" debate. A non-TL owner has just as much right to come here and talk about cars, especially the competition, as a TL owner.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:42 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by jrock65
It's a two way street. TL6 does seem prone to "attacking", but he gets his fair share of being attacked as well. Let's not get started on the "who started it" debate. A non-TL owner has just as much right to come here and talk about cars, especially the competition, as a TL owner.
I agree with you that he gets attacked. I have no idea who attacked whom first, but I agree with you that it doesn't matter who did. Of course non-TL owners have every right to be here. This forum is generally enriched by the diversity, and I welcome the contributions to the dialogs. TL6 has corrected my own mistaken posts about Nissan platform sharing, and I have no heartburn with that. I learned from it and I appreciate being set straight.

I just find it so ridiculous to come here for the sole purpose of seeking out and rehashing the same old argument, over and over, without the slightest interest in what anyone else has to say, much less learning anything. I go to FreshAlloy, G35Driver, and other forums to read and learn about their cars, not to tell them how much better mine is or how bad their cars suck (actually, I don't think G35s suck at all, but I don't go trolling the [your least favorite model] sites either).

I think the list of things both manufacturers did right in these cars is a lot longer than the list of things they got wrong. Isn't it ironic that so much more energy goes into bickering over the subjective negatives? TL6 sometimes even tries to pass himself off as two different people in order to start a fire under one name, then fan the flames under another. What's the point?
Old 04-13-2004, 04:15 AM

G35 / Infiniti has the highest resale value over Lexus. That is a fact.
G35 coupe holds it's resale. The sedan resale blows like the rest of the Infiniti line. Infiniti has the resale value of a bucket of half eaten chicken from KFC.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
G35 coupe holds it's resale. The sedan resale blows like the rest of the Infiniti line. Infiniti has the resale value of a bucket of half eaten chicken from KFC.
The whole G35 line has the best resale value. It is not on just the Coupe.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:30 AM
Dr. TLS

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This is true. The G35 coupe holds value; the rest of the resale blows on the Inifiniti line. The G35 sedan sucks big time in resale value. Even my friend who had a G35 sedan got rocked when he traded it in. The sad part is, the dealer gave him more for the car than a private sale. I guess that's what you get when your company sells out on you and provides your luxury car as a rental through Hertz and Enterprize.

Oh and by the way, 1sicklex is not an Acuraboy or something. He makes plenty of jokes about Acuras. I do like the fact that he's quite frank about things sometimes, even when it comes to Lexus.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vandy786
This is true. The G35 coupe holds value; the rest of the resale blows on the Inifiniti line. The G35 sedan sucks big time in resale value. Even my friend who had a G35 sedan got rocked when he traded it in. The sad part is, the dealer gave him more for the car than a private sale. I guess that's what you get when your company sells out on you and provides your luxury car as a rental through Hertz and Enterprize.

Oh and by the way, 1sicklex is not an Acuraboy or something. He makes plenty of jokes about Acuras. I do like the fact that he's quite frank about things sometimes, even when it comes to Lexus.
That's so BS. The latest reports show the G35 LINE has the best resale value over the rest of the cars. It is not just the coupe. I have the report at the house bookmarked and have posted it on this forum a few times. Your friend just got screwed that is all.

Funny thing is, I see Acuras and Toyotas even some Lexus at a rent-a-car lot here. So that makes no difference on resale value.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Banned

Found it, Copy of the report.

----

Automotive Lease Guide (ALG) has issued a new rating system that shows which new vehicles do the best at holding their value over three years. Vehicles are rated Five-Star if they were among the top 10% among 260 measured by ALG. Four-Star vehicles were among the next 20%. Three-Star vehicles were among the middle 40%. Two-Star vehicles were among those rating in the next 20%. And One-Star vehicles ranked in the bottom 10%.

Five star vehicles
Acura, NSX, RL
GMC Yukon
Honda Odyssey, Accord
Infiniti G35
Volvo C70,S60,V40,V70
Nissan Frontier
Porsche GT2
Toyota 4Runner, Celica, RAV4, Sequoia, Tacoma, Tundra
Mercedes Benz CLK
Mini Cooper
Lexus ES330, GS300, GS430, GX470, RX330, SC430

Four star vehicles
Acura RSX
BMW 5 Series, 3 series, Z4
Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado 2500, S-10 pickup, Suburban, Tahoe
Dodge Dakota, Ram 2500 and 3500 pickup, Viper
Ford F350 Super Duty pickup
GMC 2500 Sierra pickup, Yukon XL
Honda Civic, CR-V, Pilot, S2000, Infiniti I35
Hyundai Santa Fe
Infiniti I35
Jaguar X-Type
Lexus IS300
Mazda Miata, RX-8
Mercedes C-Class, E-Class
Nissan 350Z, Altima, Pathfinder, Sentra, Xterra
Porsche 911 Carerra 4
Saab 9-3
Subaru Impreza, Outback Sport
Toyota Avalon, Camry, Solara, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Matrix, Sienna
Volkswagen GTI, Jetta, New Beetle, Passat
Volvo XC90

Thee star vehicles
Acura MDX,TL,TSX
Audi A4, A6, A8, TT
BMW 7 Series, X3, X5
Buick Ranier, Rendezvous
Cadillac CTS, DeVille, Escalade, SRX, XLR
Chevrolet Colorado, Corvette, Silverado 1500, Monte Carlo, Trail Blazer, Monte Carlo
Chrysler 300M, Crossfire, Pacifica, PT Cruiser, Sebring Convertible
Ford Econoline, Escape, Excursion, Expedition, Explorer, F 150, F250, Mustang, Ranger, Thunderbird
GMC Canyon, Sonoma, Envoy, Sierra 1500
Honda Element
Hummer H2
Hyundai Sonata
Infiniti FX, M45, Q45
Jaguar S-Type, XK-Series
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Wrangler
Kia Sedona, Sorento
Land Rover Freelander, Range Rover
Lexus LS430, LX470
Lincoln Aviator, Navigator, Town Car
Mazda 6, Tribute, MPV, Truck
Mercedes-Benz CL, G Class, M Class, S Class, SL Class, SLK Class
Mercury Marauder, Mountaineer
Mitsubishi Outlander
Nissan Maxima, Murano, Pathfinder, Quest
Pontiac Grand Prix, Vibe
Porsche 911 Carerra, 911 Turbo, Boxster, Cayenne
Saab 9-3 convertible, 9-5
Scion xA, xB
Subaru Baja, Forester, Outback, Legacy
Toyota Corolla, MR2
Volkswagen Golf, Touareg
Volvo S40, S80

Two star vehicles
Buick LeSabre, Park Ave
Cadillac Seville
Chevrolet Blazer, Cavalier, Express, Impala, Venture
Chrysler Concorde
Dodge Caravan
Ford Crown Victoria, Focus, Freestar, F150 Heritage
GMC Safari, Savana
Hyundai Elantra, Tiburon, XG350
Jaguar XJ
Land Rover Discovery
Mazda's Mazda3
Mercury Grand Marquis, Monterey
Mitsubishi Eclipse, Endeavor, Galant, Lancer, Montero, Montero Sport
Oldsmobile Bravada, Silhouette
Pontiac Aztek, Bonneville, Grand Am, Montana
Saturn Ion, L300, Vue
Suzuki Aerio, Grand Vitara, Verona, Vitara, XL7
Toyota Echo
Volkswagen Phaeton
One Star
Buick Regal, Century
Chevy Astro, Classic, Malibu, Tracker
Chrysler Sebring sedan
Dodge Intrepid, Neon, Sprinter, Stratus
Ford Taurus
GMC Safari
Hyundai Accent
Isuzu Ascender, Axiom, Rodeo
Kia Optima, Rio, Spectra
Mercury Sable
Mitsubishi Dimante
Oldsmobile Alero
Suzuki Forenza
Old 04-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vandy786

SORRY BUT YOU ARE WRONG WRONG WRONG. The whole line does indeed hold its value, not just the coupe. THese are 3 year residuals though. I don't car what car you have if you trade it in within the first two years you are going to eat a lot of the cost. You need to wait till the 3rd, 4th, and 5th year to see if that high resale value holds true.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Racer

Wasn't 2003 the first year for the G35? If so, it would be hard to predict what the 3 or 4 year re-sale value would be. Same could be said of the 04TL, since it is a different car than the previous TLs. It might do as good or better than previous models, but then again, it could do worse.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
That's so BS. The latest reports show the G35 LINE has the best resale value over the rest of the cars. It is not just the coupe. I have the report at the house bookmarked and have posted it on this forum a few times. Your friend just got screwed that is all.

Funny thing is, I see Acuras and Toyotas even some Lexus at a rent-a-car lot here. So that makes no difference on resale value.
Fleet sales to rental car companies definitely makes a difference in a cars re-sale value. The simple law of supply and demand. The more used models available, the lower the price. Check the most common rental cars and you will find them in the one and two star rating.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by catsailr
Fleet sales to rental car companies definitely makes a difference in a cars re-sale value. The simple law of supply and demand. The more used models available, the lower the price. Check the most common rental cars and you will find them in the one and two star rating.
Well, not really true. This discussion has been on freshalloy.com for a while about it. The only reason they have them is because Nissan / Infiniti and Toyota / Lexus give better deals on the cars so the rental fleets buy them. There is no proof that they lower resale values on cars.

You think the resale value is gonna hurt toyota on the new Sienna? They use that now for a mini-van for a primary rental for alot of the major fleets now.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UminChu
TL6 sometimes even tries to pass himself off as two different people in order to start a fire under one name, then fan the flames under another. What's the point?
He does?
Old 04-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Pro

My take: IMO, the TL still competes with (though not really marketed against) the Infiniti I35, particularly given the drivetrain setup (w/ auto tranny).

Personally, I liked the G35S at first but now I'm more partial to the I35. (Everybody and their brother seems to have a G35 of one sort or another.) Even though its now 5 years old (inc. Y2k/2k2 I30), the fact that you can get one for under $30G (w/Navi and Sport Package) means even better value. (Too bad it only has a 4sp auto, not a 5sp auto or 6MT.)

IMO, value is only relative to what you paid for it.

Just my $.02. Peace.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Instructor

You wont see a TL on a renta car lot!
Old 04-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Racer

You think the resale value is gonna hurt toyota on the new Sienna? They use that now for a mini-van for a primary rental for alot of the major fleets now.
Yes
Old 04-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Racer

Well, not really true. This discussion has been on freshalloy.com for a while about it. The only reason they have them is because Nissan / Infiniti and Toyota / Lexus give better deals on the cars so the rental fleets buy them. There is no proof that they lower resale values on cars.

Don't you know anything about economics?
Old 04-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Banned

Don't you know anything about economics?
You obviously don't. Maybe if you can read that discussion you will learn something yourself.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Racer

You obviously don't. Maybe if you can read that discussion you will learn something yourself.
You are getting your economics lessons from Fresh Alloy? I got mine the more traditional way. I took an economics class.

FWIW I don't waste my time with Fresh Alloy. The mods are far too trigger happy.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Banned

You are getting your economics lessons from Fresh Alloy? I got mine the more traditional way. I took an economics class.

FWIW I don't waste my time with Fresh Alloy. The mods are far too trigger happy.
Good, they don't like the flames that get caused by people like you. I been there for 6 years, never had a flamewar happen!

Oh yea, speaking of topics. If anyone wants to bring the new TL 6spd to the track here in San Antonio, Texas, I will run you to see who is faster so we can puit this crap to a end once and for all.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Racer

Good, they don't like the flames that get caused by people like you. I been there for 6 years, never had a flamewar happen!

Oh yea, speaking of topics. If anyone wants to bring the new TL 6spd to the track here in San Antonio, Texas, I will run you to see who is faster so we can puit this crap to a end once and for all.
Why should it matter how long you have been there. Your actions on this board would not be tolerated on that board. If you say anything that is not pro-G35 you are banned there. I think I will head over there and flame the G35.

Who cares which car is faster? If I had wanted speed, I would have kept my G35. Yes, it is faster.... so what?
Old 04-13-2004, 10:42 PM
My name is RL.

MT needs to check their offices for a gas leak.

I think that MT liked the way the G35 handled and drove so the RWD/FWD concerns are warranted but the negatives they mentioned are deal breakers for me. Cheesy interior components is one biggie. But G35s do have the auto-tilting and telescoping steering column which I think is a nice feature.

Everyone knows you will drive out of the Infiniti dealership paying more than 31K but with the Acura, as Motor Trend pointed out, the TL has everything. Acura axed a lot of the DIOs that most people don't want and don't buy and produced a car with pretty much everything you want for 32-35K depending on which TL you decide to purchase. They also failed to mention that the TL 6-speed includes the Brembos and limited slip differential at no extra cost. When you consider these things the TL starts to look a lot more attractive.

I visited the Infiniti online build and locate. I selected the G35 6-MT (30.4K). I added the Bose sound system (that's not standard?), a power sunroof (power sunroof is extra?), and the DVD Navigation system. Now I'm at $35,940 and no dual-zone climate control with air filtration (that's extra) and no handsfreelink. With the exception of the Navigation, I get these "options" standard with the TL and I can add the Navigation and still come in under the 36K radar. So, what's the real price of the G35?

The CTS placing ahead of the TL is a borderline slap in the face to Acura. The '04 CTS is a big improvement over the '02 CTS but when you consider there is no 5 speed manual option in the larger CTS engine, not to mention the complete absence of a 6 speed manual, the CTS and the TL should swap positions in my opinion. Also, the CTS is the first GM car to include an engine with variable valve timing. That alone would make me walk the other way if I was even considering the CTS. Plus the value for your dollar with the TL is way better than the CTS in my opinion.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GO_TL
I think that MT liked the way the G35 handled and drove so the RWD/FWD concerns are warranted but the negatives they mentioned are deal breakers for me. Cheesy interior components is one biggie. But G35s do have the auto-tilting and telescoping steering column which I think is a nice feature.

Everyone knows you will drive out of the Infiniti dealership paying more than 31K but with the Acura, as Motor Trend pointed out, the TL has everything. Acura axed a lot of the DIOs that most people don't want and don't buy and produced a car with pretty much everything you want for 32-35K depending on which TL you decide to purchase. They also failed to mention that the TL 6-speed includes the Brembos and limited slip differential at no extra cost. When you consider these things the TL starts to look a lot more attractive.

I visited the Infiniti online build and locate. I selected the G35 6-MT (30.4K). I added the Bose sound system (that's not standard?), a power sunroof (power sunroof is extra?), and the DVD Navigation system. Now I'm at $35,940 and no dual-zone climate control with air filtration (that's extra) and no handsfreelink. With the exception of the Navigation, I get these "options" standard with the TL and I can add the Navigation and still come in under the 36K radar. So, what's the real price of the G35?

The CTS placing ahead of the TL is a borderline slap in the face to Acura. The '04 CTS is a big improvement over the '02 CTS but when you consider there is no 5 speed manual option in the larger CTS engine, not to mention the complete absence of a 6 speed manual, the CTS and the TL should swap positions in my opinion. Also, the CTS is the first GM car to include an engine with variable valve timing. That alone would make me walk the other way if I was even considering the CTS. Plus the value for your dollar with the TL is way better than the CTS in my opinion.

I'm kinda confused. I went to infiniti.com and priced out a G35 6MT w/ Premium and Navi, and it came out to $35,640. This car had dual climate control, and most of the stuff in the TL except Bluetooth and DVD-audio.

Well, 200 watt or not, the Bose in the G (or anywhere else for that matter), just isn't good for the money.

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

The speaker boards treat Bose as the biggest joke. Crappy speakers for the price. They know how to market themselves though. More advertising than all the other speaker companies combined.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrock65
I'm kinda confused. I went to infiniti.com and priced out a G35 6MT w/ Premium and Navi, and it came out to $35,640. This car had dual climate control, and most of the stuff in the TL except Bluetooth and DVD-audio.

Well, 200 watt or not, the Bose in the G (or anywhere else for that matter), just isn't good for the money.

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

The speaker boards treat Bose as the biggest joke. Crappy speakers for the price. They know how to market themselves though. More advertising than all the other speaker companies combined.
And what dealers sell it for would be 33k. I could have added NAV to mine and that would make it maxed out. I already have a fully loaded one minus Nav for 31,2k.

Also the interior on the G35 is not cheap. It is well built. Some materials are less liked, but it isn't cheap. At least our interiors aren't falling apart like the Acura now.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by GO_TL

I hardly know where to start!

No G35 has auto tilt/telescopic steering wheel.

Yes, G35's do NOT come standard with bose or power sunroof - but without these options, you can buy one for under $30K. What's wrong with that? It gives the buyers the option to get is cheaper if they don't want that stuff.

A G35 sedan (no Brembos available) out stops a TL WITH Brembos.

The CTS has variable valve timing - which you apparently think they are incapable of getting right. But if they offered it only without it, you'd probably be the first to bitch about them only offering low tech - am I right?
Old 04-14-2004, 07:21 AM
Outnumbered at home

Originally Posted by jjsC5
I hardly know where to start!

No G35 has auto tilt/telescopic steering wheel.

Yes, G35's do NOT come standard with bose or power sunroof - but without these options, you can buy one for under $30K. What's wrong with that? It gives the buyers the option to get is cheaper if they don't want that stuff.

A G35 sedan (no Brembos available) out stops a TL WITH Brembos.

The CTS has variable valve timing - which you apparently think they are incapable of getting right. But if they offered it only without it, you'd probably be the first to bitch about them only offering low tech - am I right?
Actually i thought G's did have that wheel. Doesn't it automatically move away from you when you turn the car off (in automatics at least)

Braking depends on what mag you are looking at. The C&D with the summer tire option outstopped the G. G does have amazing brakes but the TL with the brembo's is actually pretty good now.

I just hate the CTS so don't have anything to say about the low tech comment
Old 04-14-2004, 07:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 95gt
Actually i thought G's did have that wheel. Doesn't it automatically move away from you when you turn the car off (in automatics at least)

Braking depends on what mag you are looking at. The C&D with the summer tire option outstopped the G. G does have amazing brakes but the TL with the brembo's is actually pretty good now.

I just hate the CTS so don't have anything to say about the low tech comment
No, but it has something better. The whole steering wheel and column with intruments adjusts with the tilt. Everyone loves that. It is better than just the wheel getting closer to you and adjusting by itself.

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35