I want a Grand Cherokee SRT 8....the Cobra is for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
Update?

My buddy just put a deposit down one and should be here in a few weeks. But he says hes getting it for $500 under invoice? Can that be?
I wouldn't be shocked if he's getting it at Champion.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Might be different from when you bought it Beltfed, this local dealer actually has 4 2007 SRT8s in stock.

Originally Posted by Beltfed
I wouldn't be shocked if he's getting it at Champion.
Edit: I just asked him. He is getting it from Champion and he says there were 6 2007s left still.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Might be different from when you bought it Beltfed, this local dealer actually has 4 2007 SRT8s in stock.
Yeah, like most vehicles that have been out for almost 2 years......demand is going to drop. Especially on a vehicle this is not all that cheap and gets really bad gas mileage.

But sitting on the lot for a year is ridiculous, that's due to usually not being negotiable.

We're talking about a GC SRT-8, not a Crossfire.

And having 4 07 SRT8s in stock really isn't a big deal, that's not much of a leftover...they will sell.

Last I looked Champion (who is a large SRT8 dealer) has 10 in stock as of a few weeks ago.....edit now they have 6 according to you.

Chrysler this year ran no incentives or 0% financing on them.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:15 AM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
BS.....if that's the case, the dealer wants too much $.

They don't hang around the lot for that long, even at dealerships in the middle of fucking nowhere.

$500 under invoice isn't easy to get in all geographic locations, in my neck of the woods....you would be laughed out of the dealership.

That aside, it can certainly be had at dealerships like Champion.

nope not BS. the GM of that dealership is my neighbor.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:18 AM
fap fap fap

Originally Posted by is300eater
is Kirkland anywhere near the city where that dude had his Hummer vandalized?

where did that happen at?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Infamous425
nope not BS. the GM of that dealership is my neighbor.
That's great, but his pricing is off......dealers are not getting stuck with year old GC SRT-8 inventory. Only 3k of them were produced in 07, that's nothing.

If he were willing to sell for even invoice, that rig would have been gone long ago.

Vehicles not equipped with Nav are harder to get rid of.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:04 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
is Kirkland anywhere near the city where that dude had his Hummer vandalized?

That was Washington D.C.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Senior Moderator

http://www.corsaperf.com/grand_cherokee.htm

Nicky, whats the deal... when you getting this beast?!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Senior Moderator

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5917

Thats his exact one hes getting tomorrow. Cant wait to drive it.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5917

Thats his exact one hes getting tomorrow. Cant wait to drive it.
Looks REALLY cheap on the inside. Just because they put a Hemi in it doesn't mean they can charge $40k for it. Wow, the older GCs were much nicer inside.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,050 Likes on 1,481 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
Looks REALLY cheap on the inside. Just because they put a Hemi in it doesn't mean they can charge $40k for it. Wow, the older GCs were much nicer inside.
I dunno man... people don't really buy the SRT-8s with the interior in mind. I think for $40k, the performance you get "out of the box" is GREAT! Just my
Old 08-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Suzuka Master

I dunno man... people don't really buy the SRT-8s with the interior in mind. I think for $40k, the performance you get "out of the box" is GREAT! Just my
To be honest, for 40K I expect a nice interior. I wasn't impress with the quality of the SRT8 at the the auto show interior wise. For an SUV it performs well, I will give it that.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by Maximized
To be honest, for 40K I expect a nice interior. I wasn't impress with the quality of the SRT8 at the the auto show interior wise. For an SUV it performs well, I will give it that.
and I understand that... I've never been inside one... but apparently to some people the interior is not up to par... but name me another SUV with that kind of performance with a better interior then... tell me what the price tag is... I assure you it's gonna be 10's of thousands more.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:58 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The interior of the old GC's was much nicer then the new ones, its clearly one corner that was cut to meet a price point. With that said I don't think most who purchase the SRT8 give a shit about the interior, they want performance in an unusual form and maybe a bit of exclusivity because there aren't a lot of them out there.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:02 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
this car is fawking sick...
Old 08-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by Tireguy
With that said I don't think most who purchase the SRT8 give a shit about the interior, they want performance in an unusual form and maybe a bit of exclusivity because there aren't a lot of them out there.
exactly,

personally, when I pull up next to a SRT-8 I don't think of a SUV that's got the mediocre interior that they supposedly have, that doesn't even cross my mind, but I think of a vehicle that can own me without even an effort...

people don't buy cars like this for the interior
Old 08-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Yea he even admits the interior sucks but he needed an SUV to haul dogs in and wanted it to be fun and fast.

In which case, this works. I guesss he got the first 2008 in the U.S
Old 08-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Point taken but what are they going to do with that performance? Track it?

To each their own but the interior is what I see when I drive and that one is well, we've been over it already.

Auto companies have us fool though don't they? Spend all kinds of money making a car look great on the outside (what others see most of the time) and then they often cheap out on the inside (what we see most of the time).

I'm not saying I'll drive a Yugo with a Maybach interior. I'm just saying I'll take something slightly less "pretty" on the exterior if the interior is best-in-class.

Plenty of other people want the opposite and that's fine. I just think it's a shame not to be able to enjoy what everyone else sees all the time
Old 08-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I shoot people

Point taken but what are they going to do with that performance? Track it?
more people take their vehicles to the tracks than you know it...

It's... "whatever floats your boat". Some people like to feel the pull at the tracks and see what best times they can do, and some like to blow away the $60g+ Euro-SUV at the lights.

You can whine and bitch about their interior, but I think Jeep did the right thing cuz they're going for a certain market... I mean, tell Jeep to do better with their interior and they'll probably laugh at you and tell you to go spend another $50g on an AMG...
Old 08-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

more people take their vehicles to the tracks than you know it...

It's... "whatever floats your boat". Some people like to feel the pull at the tracks and see what best times they can do, and some like to blow away the $60g+ Euro-SUV at the lights.

You can whine and bitch about their interior, but I think Jeep did the right thing cuz they're going for a certain market... I mean, tell Jeep to do better with their interior and they'll probably laugh at you and tell you to go spend another $50g on an AMG...
Perhaps and at 3000 a year they don't need to change I guess.

But if there's a $50k gap between the SRT-8 and an AMG then surely they could spend $2k more per car and upgrade it a bit no? Unless $40k is some magical number that people won't spend more for any Jeep no matter how nice.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Suzuka Master

and I understand that... I've never been inside one... but apparently to some people the interior is not up to par... but name me another SUV with that kind of performance with a better interior then... tell me what the price tag is... I assure you it's gonna be 10's of thousands more.
Lets forget that this car is an SUV. Lets talk strictly price relative to performance. For example, you can get a 335i with the same acceleration performance and better handling for 40K. Let's face it, a person shopping for this vehicle wants a PERFORMANCE vehicle that can fit 5 passengers comfortably.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Moderator Alumnus

The interior actually isn't bad, it has more features than my M3 did......all sorts of shit (Nav, bluetooth, power everything, factory remote start, backup camera, etc).

The 2008s add even more stuff like heated rear seats, HIDs, touch screen Nav, etc.

Build quality is fine, its the plastics that could be improved. Most touch points are leather though.

Sure I would like a better interior. but for the $, the vehicle can't be beat.

Stop being a bunch of dash strokers, you get in and drive.

Want a better interior? Get a Lexus RX, those are exciting.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:53 AM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
:

Teh only Lexus I can imagine getting semi-errect for would be the upcoming ISF, and even then - 8 speed auto brings demerit.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

The interior actually isn't bad, it has more features than my M3 did......all sorts of shit (Nav, bluetooth, power everything, factory remote start, backup camera, etc).

The 2008s add even more stuff like heated rear seats, HIDs, touch screen Nav, etc.

Build quality is fine, its the plastics that could be improved. Most touch points are leather though.

Sure I would like a better interior. but for the $, the vehicle can't be beat.

It's not dash stroking. It's ergonomics and design. The interior may be nice looking but it has a center stack that looks like an '89 Cadillac.

And speaking of Caddys, why is it that the CTS gets HAMMERED for it's interior when it's every bit as good/bad as the SRT-8s?

I think there's a ton of hypocrisy here.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
^ because the CTS is a Cadillac, the SRT-8 is a Jeep
Old 08-05-2007, 06:30 PM
The hair says it all

Considering all of its competitors are close to 2x the price, I will forgive the not so nice interior. I revved my engine at one at a stoplight and gave him a thumbs up, he chirped all 4 tires and was out of sight within seconds with the most respectable engine note.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:35 PM
I shoot people

I mean... if people are so up tight about the mediocre interior... how much does it cost to have your interior custom upgraded? Anyway, it's a car that's for the driving enthusiast
Old 08-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Banned

sorry, but I can stroke my dash all I want - it's the part of the car you see the most, & it's a pretty important place in the car. If this was a racing website, I'd understand, but it's an 'enthusiast' website - nothing specific about interior, exterior, performance, etc.

My wife drives a 2004 GC Special Edition that is basically a Limited plus and minus a couple of touches. We dropped by a dealership about 2 weeks ago to take a look at the SRT & maybe even pick one up if everything looked right. IT DIDN'T. The interior, which is important to both of us, was crap. We spent about 20 minutes going through the car like crime scene investigators looking at the goods & the bads and her '04 interior, aside from the quality of leather itself, was much, much better.

That crappy hard plastic they put all through the poor thing is not worthy of Jeep, & made it look like the Nissan Versa my buddy's wife bought . The ergonomics weren't there, either - a lot of the spots to put 'stuff' felt strange and the cabin doesn't hold you as well - it's more like a space that the passengers exist in rather than well-designed machine that hugs you while you drive. Neither of us had any doubt that the '04- interior was much better overall than the '07+.

That being said, the performance during the test drive was jaw-dropping. Jennifer's Jeep has the high output V8 & all-time AWD, but the SRT8 was ridiculous, on straight-aways and curves. I know...a little after all this time to read the reviews about them, but I figured I'd say it again. It definitely is a great driving automobile.

Another note: I just read that note about the tax write-off, and yes - it's quite accurate: You can take a full section 179 deduction on a vehicle as long as it weighs 3 tons. link to updated (not 2003, as was originally posted) information IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT DOING THIS - understand that you HAVE TO BE self-employed (schedule C income), you can not write off more than 25K for a car unless it weighs over 14,000 lbs (like a Hummer ), and if you don't actually use it for business & you get audited:
Old 08-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Moderator Alumnus

It's not dash stroking. It's ergonomics and design. The interior may be nice looking but it has a center stack that looks like an '89 Cadillac.

And speaking of Caddys, why is it that the CTS gets HAMMERED for it's interior when it's every bit as good/bad as the SRT-8s?

I think there's a ton of hypocrisy here.
The last CTS interior is a letdown, because its a Cadillac and just looks terrible...I think the SRT8 interior is actually better and not quite as much of an eyesore.

Now, the new CTS interior is great though.

I think to be honest, you don't know what you're talking about if you're talking about the Jeep. The ergonomics are fine, everything is simple and within reach. I agree on the design, Jeep is getting there (08 int. has an interior update), but could still use some help.

So far the vehicle has no crazy rattles and is solid.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I'm not a big person about interiors or dashes, it just has to be fully functional and not rattle.

As long as the engine and chassis is good, then it's good to go for me. I've got the hots for a new Wrangler.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff
sorry, but I can stroke my dash all I want - it's the part of the car you see the most, & it's a pretty important place in the car. If this was a racing website, I'd understand, but it's an 'enthusiast' website - nothing specific about interior, exterior, performance, etc.

The interior, which is important to both of us, was crap. We spent about 20 minutes going through the car like crime scene investigators looking at the goods & the bads and her '04 interior, aside from the quality of leather itself, was much, much better. :
I actually own the vehicle and its not crap......and I've had lots of high end cars (foreign and domestic). Everything in the vehicle is solid and the quality is there. The plastics could be better that is it. Big fucking deal, there is space in the dash where other buttons could be.

This is an enthusiast website, a true car enthusiast is not a dash stroker. You take the good against the negative, if the good outweighs the negative....then the vehicle is a winner.

If one puts so much weight in interior materials, especially in a vehicle like the SRT8.....buy something else. If choosing an SUV, its not going to be nearly as exciting.....unless you're getting a Cayenne Turbo or ML63. Jeep doesn't build that many SRT8s, so its a moot point....they sell everyone they can build.

And the Cayenne's interior for what it costs isn't so great.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:07 AM
Banned

I actually own the vehicle and its not crap......and I've had lots of high end cars (foreign and domestic). Everything in the vehicle is solid and the quality is there. The plastics could be better that is it. Big fucking deal, there is space in the dash where other buttons could be.

This is an enthusiast website, a true car enthusiast is not a dash stroker. You take the good against the negative, if the good outweighs the negative....then the vehicle is a winner.

If one puts so much weight in interior materials, especially in a vehicle like the SRT8.....buy something else. If choosing an SUV, its not going to be nearly as exciting.....unless you're getting a Cayenne Turbo or ML63. Jeep doesn't build that many SRT8s, so its a moot point....they sell everyone they can build.

I don't doubt that the materials that are used are put on solidly and won't just break apart, but they don't have the flowing, aesthetic appeal of a lot of other materials they could've used (like the ones that were used on the '04-, for example).

I don't think that you can argue what a 'true' car enthusiast is or isn't - if it's all about how the car drives, then why wouldn't all true car enthusiasts just drive boxes w/a chassis & a V-12 or maybe a Busa? Maybe someone should let all those folks at the custom car shows know that their trailer queens they've spent countless hours on still don't qualify them as true car enthusiasts.

I do agree, however, that when it comes down to it, in the real world you have to look at all the positives & negatives of a vehicle & settle on the one that matches your priorities. You made that point, though, in your next to last paragraph. It just depends on what your priorities are to determine exactly what the 'positives' and 'negatives' are & to what degree.

I agree, as well, that the Porsche interiors alone do not warrant the extra price, but I see plenty of them around, so the drive must be fairly exciting - I'm sure they're not all purchased simply for the mystique of owning a Porsche.

Oh, and that ML63 - yeah, that's just fugly inside and out. At least your Jeep is sex on wheels on the outside & can perform just as well for a whole lot less. That and you support F. Thompson.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

The fact that's it's a SUV is irrelevant. This isn't a Turbo Wrangler. It's a $40k hi-performance luxury SUV. Material quality IS relevant IMO. I'm glad you enjoy yours though
Old 08-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Drifting

I was dissapointed with the quality of the SRT-8's interior, but for the price and performance, what exactly is expected from an interior, especially from a company not known for the asthetics of their interiors?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZtotallynakedZ
I was dissapointed with the quality of the SRT-8's interior, but for the price and performance, what exactly is expected from an interior, especially from a company not known for the asthetics of their interiors?

It's expected to be at least as nice as the previous generation, IMO. They're also not known for their 40K+ price tags, but they seem to have pulled that off quite well.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:27 PM
fap fap fap

i actually liked the GC interior. i expected crap like the dodge avenger/charger interiors i had for rentals but was pleasantly surprised how nice the GC was
Old 08-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff
I don't think that you can argue what a 'true' car enthusiast is or isn't - if it's all about how the car drives, then why wouldn't all true car enthusiasts just drive boxes w/a chassis & a V-12 or maybe a Busa? Maybe someone should let all those folks at the custom car shows know that their trailer queens they've spent countless hours on still don't qualify them as true car enthusiasts. .
I find that people, for example many VW owners (GTI, Jetta) are very proud of their interior quality and make fun of other makes that don't have as nice of an interior.

Basically, I find those that make a really big deal out of interior materials...are the ones driving relatively boring and not so powerful vehicles.

When you can't brag about a vehicles performance, you might as well just go off on how great of an interior it has when applicable.

And yes, FT08.....let's go already T.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

The fact that's it's a SUV is irrelevant. This isn't a Turbo Wrangler. It's a $40k hi-performance luxury SUV. Material quality IS relevant IMO. I'm glad you enjoy yours though
The SRT8 is not a luxury SUV, I'm not sure where you got that one from....but it isn't.

So much of a luxury SUV, that my friends didn't want to ride in it to go see The Police yesterday at Giants Stadium.

You want a luxury SUV, as I said buy a Lexus or the like.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Senior Moderator

I find that people, for example many VW owners (GTI, Jetta) are very proud of their interior quality and make fun of other makes that don't have as nice of an interior.

Basically, I find those that make a really big deal out of interior materials...are the ones driving relatively boring and not so powerful vehicles.

When you can't brag about a vehicles performance, you might as well just go off on how great of an interior it has when applicable.

Pssh my interior is better than your SRT8, we can also race.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned

When you can't brag about a vehicles interior, you might as well just go off on how great of performance it has when applicable.

I agree w/both

Quick Reply: I want a Grand Cherokee SRT 8....the Cobra is for sale!