i need heards y-pipe CRA Crank pulley for accord v6 09

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010 | 12:07 PM
Cruisin'

i need heards y-pipe CRA Crank pulley for accord v6 09

Hi there

i want make the accord faster than stock but with little parts for DD accord v6 4D 2009 auto gear
am palning for:
headers and y-pipe or J
crack pulley light weight
cold ram air (better if will not cancel Honda warranty)
tuning and removing speed limiter(name the brand of the module without cutting any wire or program with cable)
delete cat converter
if possible remove a muffler after the cat but without noise so the flow will be faster (i don't want to replace my exhaust system )

i want the accord to be like stock but faster than others
can u tell me a good brand name but not expensive

is my modes good and worth it and how many HP & Torque will i get
Old 06-24-2010 | 12:22 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Originally Posted by thedreamer
Hi there

i want make the accord faster than stock but with little parts for DD accord v6 4D 2009 auto gear
am palning for:
headers and y-pipe or J
crack pulley light weight
cold ram air (better if will not cancel Honda warranty)
tuning and removing speed limiter(name the brand of the module without cutting any wire or program with cable)
delete cat converter
if possible remove a muffler after the cat but without noise so the flow will be faster (i don't want to replace my exhaust system )

i want the accord to be like stock but faster than others
can u tell me a good brand name but not expensive

is my modes good and worth it and how many HP & Torque will i get
Dreamer, wlecome to AZ!

With the '09 Honda Accord, you have a third generation J-series engine, most likely the JA35A4 (I think). With any J-series engine, you cannot add headers to the car because they are essentially built into the engine block. Only thing you can do is to essentially replace your exhaust system, or at leats parts of it.

The lighter-weight pulley will allow your engine to spool up faster and decrease the rotational mass of the pulley, so that might be a worthwhile mod. You can also geta cold-air intake (CAI) which should add some top-end HP (anywhere from 2HP to 5HP), but you might lose some bottom end torque, which you would feel off the line. That's why I didn't go with a CAI.

I would suggest searching the 3rd-gen part of the site for mod ideas. Welcome!
Old 06-24-2010 | 07:39 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Dreamer, wlecome to AZ!

With the '09 Honda Accord, you have a third generation J-series engine, most likely the JA35A4 (I think). With any J-series engine, you cannot add headers to the car because they are essentially built into the engine block. Only thing you can do is to essentially replace your exhaust system, or at leats parts of it.

The lighter-weight pulley will allow your engine to spool up faster and decrease the rotational mass of the pulley, so that might be a worthwhile mod. You can also geta cold-air intake (CAI) which should add some top-end HP (anywhere from 2HP to 5HP), but you might lose some bottom end torque, which you would feel off the line. That's why I didn't go with a CAI.

I would suggest searching the 3rd-gen part of the site for mod ideas. Welcome!
Thx bro for the advice
if the CAI not good so u think better to install K&N filter to stock intake
Old 06-28-2010 | 06:52 AM
Cruisin'

my plan now to buy j-pipe, test pipe (once a month), crank pulley

1- i heard that CAI will lose some bottom end torque, so which one will not, also i heard that Takeda is the best also its 50 state legal or its not worth so i can install K&N filter only and put any shade so the filter will not get hot air

2-under-drive pulley very nice but am afraid it will lower the idle and will lower it more when AC is on.

3-i mailed JET and waiting for answers. do u have any info about piggyback

4- Which resonator u advice me to remove so no noise coming

5- which one better flow more but less noise muffler or resonator

i know i asked too much, sorry for that
Old 06-28-2010 | 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

The cai wont loose nay noticeable low end power.
the undredrive pulley will not lower your idle
Dont waste your time with Jet. No one makes a tune for the ecu's
resonators are to help eliminate a specific tone of exhaust, they dont restrict much. Mufflers are more restrictive.
Old 06-28-2010 | 10:55 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Originally Posted by thedreamer
my plan now to buy j-pipe, test pipe (once a month), crank pulley

1- i heard that CAI will lose some bottom end torque, so which one will not, also i heard that Takeda is the best also its 50 state legal or its not worth so i can install K&N filter only and put any shade so the filter will not get hot air

2-under-drive pulley very nice but am afraid it will lower the idle and will lower it more when AC is on.

3-i mailed JET and waiting for answers. do u have any info about piggyback

4- Which resonator u advice me to remove so no noise coming

5- which one better flow more but less noise muffler or resonator

i know i asked too much, sorry for that
Welcome fellow Accord owner!

1. You won't loose low end torque with a CAI. What you might loose is a tiny bit of throttle response in lower RPMs. You'll gain top end power though which more than makes up for it. AEM, K&N, etc are the best brands, but can be expensive.

2. I live in Arizona where it's 110°F out so I run my A/C all the time. I have the UR underdrive pulley and I have not noticed any decrease in RPM with the A/C on or off. It's a great mod for the $$$ IMO. But if you're that worried about it, you can get the stock diameter light weight pulley which will not underdrive the accessories but will reduce the rotational mass because it's so much lighter than the stock pulley.

3. No clue on piggy back systems, but for what it's worth, unless you're running a race car there's zero reason to be taking of the speed limiter. You'll just find yourself getting into big trouble on the street. Not worth it for an Accord automatic.

4. Lot's of people remove the pre-muffler, the little muffler after the cat. Some have removed both that and the resonator, but it can tend to get raspy. My advice is if you want the best sound, either invest in a quality catback exhaust or have a custom exhaust bent up. Removing the pre-muffler or resonator from your stock exhaust might make it sound cooler, but you won't be gaining any real horsepower.

5. Lot's of people will also have straight pipe welded into place of the pre-muffler and replace the stock resonator with a Magnaflow resonator. Again, it'll sound good but you won't be seeing any increase in horsepower most likey.

BTW, check out the Honda Accord thread linked in my signiture. Lot's of good info there and a few 8th Gen Accord owners that might be able to steer you in the right direction.
Old 07-06-2010 | 03:40 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks my friend

u really helped me

1- i plan for takeda a lot of people advice it

2- i will take underdrive pulley but which brand is good coz i found one in ebay with good price but i don't know the brand. if i installed underdrive pulley with A/C on and gear on D while stop in traffic light no vibration will happen because of low RPM

3- i thought there is a software like up-rev for nissan that will give little HP

4- i will go with high flow cats and J-pipe which brand is good price and quality and is it worth or not, i saw in ebay j-pipe but i don't know if its good

5- Thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2010 | 03:51 PM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

welcome to the site dreamer.

Takeda is a nice intake. I personally am a big fan of Injen Cold Air intakes or AEM cold air intakes. You will not lose low end power. As far as the pulley is concerned you want to buy Unorthodox Racing or UR for short. I have the stock Diameter Unorthodox Racing Light Weight Crank Pulley and not the underdrive. You will have to replace the belt if you go with the underdrive. Also your warranty is going to be in jeopordy anyway when you do replace the stock crank pulley so be aware of that. As far as exhaust systems go a good cat-back system that is specifically designed for your vehicle is the best way to go vs a custom IMO. I personally love magnaflow as that is what I have plus it sounds amazing as well as giving decent gains of about 7whp and 6wtq. I am not to sure about the 8th gen Accord V6 j-pipe as I have a 7th gen Accord V6. I went with Richies V3 J-pipe which is the best Jpipe on the market for my Accord. I don't think he has one available for the 8th gen accord. Go with quality parts only though not ebay genaric stuff. Good luck!
Old 07-09-2010 | 07:08 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks bro