How to negotiate with internet sales managers ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 12:47 PM
New wheels soon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ thanks I know I know I don't plan to head to any of these dealerships until the deal is done as most of the ones that have the car I'm looking at are about 75-100 miles away. So it's not worth the drive. Anyways thanks everyone for all the insight everyone I can't wait to sell my bmw I'm tired of maintance. Also I don't get why people around me think I'm stupid for selling my 323i e46 for an "expensive civic". Anyways just want wanna say thanks for all the help you guys are a friendly forum.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheMirror
Which is how the entire insurance industry works as well. Health, home, auto, renters, etc. All an extended warranty represents is an insurance policy against potentially expensive repairs in a higher-risk scenario....i.e. a car getting older with more miles.

Hey, I'm relatively young still and live in a safe area. That sure doesn't stop me from carrying health and homeowner's insurance. The likelihood of my getting really sick or my place getting ripped off is low, but the risk is not zero. As a matter of fact, I've had a major surgery that cost my healthcare provider WAY more than I've ever paid in insurance premiums.

Neither is the risk zero for a used Acura to have potentially expensive problems. Its unlikely, sure, but you can't lump warranties in with useless add-on crap like special sealant packages or marked up car alarms.

Now, would you send a customer into a Mercedes or BMW dealership to buy a used Benz or Bimmer with the same no-warranty advice? That would border on criminal.
You can't compare insuring your health to insuring parts of a car. Why don't you insure the dust on your shelves while you're busy insuring everything else?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Derk's K24
Right, so explain to me why you have a loan officer for real estate instead of the realtor. Because they are two seperate jobs! Car salesman sell you the car and does the paper work, the finance manager gets you financed and presents you with options that you may want. Their primary responsibility though is to get you financed which is where they actually make the bulk of their money but interest rates fluctuate so much not many people know what kind of rate they are supposed to get. A lot of people think they do based upon what they got 5 years ago or what their neighbor got but most people have no clue.
That doesn't make any sense. You said the financier "presents me with options" which is exactly the same as "sells me things" and you know it. Stop playing dumb.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned

Assumptions that are stereotypical wont get you very far in life. Since I'm black you probably think I can dunk too...

How about talking to the person and actually feeling them out instead of goin in assuming everybody's out to get you. If the person is, fine go ahead with the asshole customer routine. If they arent you'll actually enjoy buying a car and will end up getting a great deal because you are being the customer that most salesman like, a cool one that respects us.
Trusting without verification is at the heart of what it means to be gullible.

Anybody who pays for a salesmen's smile is a sucker. When the salesmen shakes your hand for the first time you should be reminding yourself that his or her job is to sell you something at the highest price they believe they can get away with. To assume anything less is extremely naive.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dam its Johnny
Also I don't get why people around me think I'm stupid for selling my 323i e46 for an "expensive civic".
Anyone who compares a TSX to a Civic has never stood within ten feet of a TSX let alone drove one.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,765 Likes on 804 Posts
Assumptions that are stereotypical wont get you very far in life. Since I'm black you probably think I can dunk too...

How about talking to the person and actually feeling them out instead of goin in assuming everybody's out to get you. If the person is, fine go ahead with the asshole customer routine. If they arent you'll actually enjoy buying a car and will end up getting a great deal because you are being the customer that most salesman like, a cool one that respects us.
You can't dunk? I'm revoking your black card sir
Old 11-14-2008, 03:11 PM
is in Honda heaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wackura
That doesn't make any sense. You said the financier "presents me with options" which is exactly the same as "sells me things" and you know it. Stop playing dumb.

Something has to be bought in order to be sold. They present you with options that you can choose to buy.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:19 PM
is in Honda heaven

Trusting without verification is at the heart of what it means to be gullible.

Anybody who pays for a salesmen's smile is a sucker. When the salesmen shakes your hand for the first time you should be reminding yourself that his or her job is to sell you something at the highest price they believe they can get away with. To assume anything less is extremely naive.

Nobody said pay for a smile. Just act like a normal human being instead of walking in the door acting like a hard ass which is what you are attempting to do now. You are the type of customer that turns salespeople into assholes.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:20 PM
is in Honda heaven

Originally Posted by knight rider
You can't dunk? I'm revoking your black card sir
Yeah I got small hands. What can I say? LOL!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Banned

So you admit the financier sells extras. I assure you the reasoning behind that isn't entirely wholesome.

I'm very nice to sales people. I've never said I was hard ass or rude to them, and I don't suggest others should be. What others should do is not let the salesmen convince them that they have the customer's best interests in mind because that is the impression they will try to give. That's true of any salesmen but a lot of people who buy cars don't have much experience dealing with salespeople and are caught off gaurd but their high pressure manipulative sales tactics. You must walk onto the car lot with the assumption that you are going to get worked hard. Keep a distance and a detachment.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:37 PM
is in Honda heaven

So you admit the financier sells extras. I assure you the reasoning behind that isn't entirely wholesome.

I'm very nice to sales people. I've never said I was hard ass or rude to them, and I don't suggest others should be. What others should do is not let the salesmen convince them that they have the customer's best interests in mind because that is the impression they will try to give. That's true of any salesmen but a lot of people who buy cars don't have much experience dealing with salespeople and are caught off gaurd but their high pressure manipulative sales tactics. You must walk onto the car lot with the assumption that you are going to get worked hard. Keep a distance and a detachment.
I will admit they attempt to sell you extras which is why I never argued about any other the other things you mentioned such as Paint protection and leather care, etc. The way you just worded your statement is something I can agree with but that's not the way you were coming off initially.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:25 PM
New wheels soon

just an update guys
Sold my E46 yesterday and Have emailed every dealer in Cali.
I lowed balled him just to see what he says by offering 19k on a 07 tsx at/w nav. Anyways I knew he wouldn't take it. He was kinda rude, but hes tell why would he sell one when he buys them for 23k off returns.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Banned

Ya 19k is probably too low. I believe that's pretty close to the wholesale price. You probably have to aim closer to 22k. Check Edmunds.com's used car values.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:27 AM
New wheels soon

^ Oh I know 19K is low. I offered 22k for the car and they told me no. So i told call me if they change there mind. I found a few other dealers with 08's models asking the same price.

Also I'm doing what K24 mention explain why my price is offering is fair.
I've found an 09 with less miles CPO for 27k asking
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/919471108.html

I wouldn't buy an 09 but I think it shows a point that newer card with less miles are close to what there asking for 07's and 08's.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Banned

That '09 doesn't have the tech package though. Those models start at under 30k.

I'm a little surprised they would flat out refuse 22k for '07 because that has to be above wholesale, maybe just not enough so for that salesman. Definately hold out if you can afford to wait.