How to adjust the hood after minor front end hit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to adjust the hood after minor front end hit?

Hi folks,
I hit a post by accident as I was trying to maneuver the car out of parking lot.
I think I need to fix the hood. After close the hood, I can see the left-hand side has much bigger gap than the right, between the edge of the hood and the side-panel. Do I need to take off the hood and fix the hinge first? I need advice from you guys. I'll take some pics if you want.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
You'd have to adjust the hood. Loosen (but don't remove) the hood attachment bolts from the hood on the swing arms. Align the hood and then tighten the bolts again.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 6,035 Likes on 3,966 Posts
BFH. Solves all kinds of issues.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by z_johnq
Hi folks,
I hit a post by accident as I was trying to maneuver the car out of parking lot.
I think I need to fix the hood. After close the hood, I can see the left-hand side has much bigger gap than the right, between the edge of the hood and the side-panel. Do I need to take off the hood and fix the hinge first? I need advice from you guys. I'll take some pics if you want.

Thanks in advance.
before moving the hood, check and see that its not the fender or another part that causing the gap!

Once you move a part, the rest of the gaps get thrown off so measure before you move anything! Loosen the bolts finger tight, it helps if you have another hand to help. Move the part slowly and tighten, check progress and repeat. Tighten bolts to spec.
The following users liked this post:
00TL-P3.2 (02-03-2016)