Help needed, 3 cars 1 build!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022 | 04:34 PM
1st Gear

Help needed, 3 cars 1 build!

Limited time to research for builds, limited financing. I have 3 cars at my disposal.

07 Acura TL Base, 3.2 requires rebuild.still runs but can blow at any moment. Also requires full suspension, brake system replacement.

04 Accord, Running good condition K20A2, manual trans requires new brake system and replacement of full passenger side to pass inspection for registration.

99 accord, j30a1 requires rebuild, 1 single rocker arm bearing fully disassembled atm. Suspension requires replacement new brake system.

Would like to put either the k20 into Acura which is still fully assembled and easily move able or fully dissasbled on blocks beginning to be covered by snow 99 accord. Looking for help on what I will require for for either build, links to places to purchase required parts, etc. Short term goal make a vehicle that can move n be insured to get from a to b n reasonable amount of time. Long term goal power, handling, reliability within reason, along with eventual AWD conversion. Prefer to spend money on top quality parts over cheap parts or build my own if absolutely necessary n on budget lol(fyi long term since I could walk adrenalin junkie high tech hillbilly nerd, age 31,few screws loose solo late night road racing through usually 2 hr runs through mountain passes year round in BC Canada). Working on pulling kept n trans atm after work. Can't ride my triple speed any longer for the season n require wheels to get around asap. No time for smart comments would appreciate help to build and create the ultimate personal ride with what I have as effective and efficient as possible along with unique and one of a kind. I enjoy a challenge just require a little direction and info all work will be done myself. Minus any future engine machining. Greatly appreciate any and all feed back and or if someone would care to help give by giving direction with full build. Online or if anyone is in the west Kootenay region in person be great to. Thanks a bunch in advance.
​​​​​
Old 11-09-2022 | 12:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Rebuild the trans on the 07TL and make sure timing components are in good shape, will have a car that'll run well no matter the weather. For suspension, best bang for buck is the Tein's. I believe it's the SA's that are recommended. Besides that do you need to do ball joints and other items like bushings?

You might want to check out the 3G TL section for lots more info:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/

Brakes shouldn't be very difficult on the 07 TL, new fluid, pads and rotors and you'll be good to go.

The 04 accord is a touch confusing, do you have damage to the body on the passenger side? I would leave the K20 in the accord for now and not worry about swapping it. The Accord may be a better option for the AWD conversion. I know some folks use CRV components to do the AWD swap.

99 Accord I would leave for last but you can find parts very easily at most auto salvage places.
Old 11-10-2022 | 05:14 AM
GEEZER

Water S ?