Has anyone here owned a stock car faster than the 6M 04 TL

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
Magazine racer. Real life #s speak for themselves and the truth hurts.
The G35 had its opportunity and failed. The numbers speak for themselves. Why do you feel that you need to qualify their numbers just because the numbers don't support your argument?
Old 08-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RhodeRunner
The G35 had its opportunity and failed. The numbers speak for themselves. Why do you feel that you need to qualify their numbers just because the numbers don't support your argument?
You must be blinded because the #s all show the G35 is plainly faster in the real world. Not just by magazine #s. You spew too much BS. One of these days you will stfu.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:36 PM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 COUPE or G35 sedan?

If u got the sedan, there is only 1 word: ugly~~~ lol

rite???

and no matter it is fast or not... u still slower than mine , 350z~~~ lol
Old 08-24-2004, 06:07 PM
got speed?

Originally Posted by lakeman
My 1988 911 was much faster - out of the chute. Thats what a rear engine car gives you - a real good launch. IMHO, however, I would bet my 6MT TL would easily beat it to 100, but be about even at 60. Thats what Vtech gives you - top end power - almost like a turbo. (I like my TL much better than my 911 - it doesn't do "end arounds" when you get overzealous.)

My last car was a 99 996 Porsche Carrera 2. Had a 94 NSX, 98 Dinan M3, 97 Cobra...All pretty fast cars. Tl has way more refinement but is also slower-but it is by no means a slow car. I am trying to get another 30 ponies out of my car with intake, exhaust, ecu upgrade-then it'll be perfect!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mio
G35 COUPE or G35 sedan?

If u got the sedan, there is only 1 word: ugly~~~ lol

rite???

and no matter it is fast or not... u still slower than mine , 350z~~~ lol

TL = BORING styling and will be outdated soon per reviews.

Your 350z isn't faster than my G35 Sedan 6mt.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brahtw8
There are plenty of existing TL vs. G35 threads, people.

This one was intended to be different. Lets try to get off the G35 debate and focus only on cars that are SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the TL.

Well stated. I started this thread looking for stock cars people here have owned that are faster than their current 04 6 speed TL's. Fine, someone stated they had a G35 that was faster, but why some people are hell bent on getting people fired up is beyond me? I wish people here on the TL board wouldn't fan the flames. Just resist the urge. Their shoud be one sticky thread about the G35 vs. TL war, and keep all the stupid, played out, already argued every point fifty times crap in one spot. It seems to invade every thread.

The thread I started had a lot of interesting cars that people have owned that are very fast. So please keep em' coming. Thanks
Old 08-24-2004, 11:19 PM
mio
Police

TL = BORING styling and will be outdated soon per reviews.

Your 350z isn't faster than my G35 Sedan 6mt.
oh, yeh? who do u think u r? fashion leader? i'll say something wrong with ur taste...

and 350z isn't faster than ur G sedan??? hahaha

yeh! ur G35 is the fastest car in the world ~ lol ~ur G35 is the beautiest car in the world~

and u r Schumacher!!! hahaha no u fukin faster than him!!! Ferrari team is an idiot team

cuz they didn't hire u but Schumacher~ ...
Old 08-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rodney
Well stated. I started this thread looking for stock cars people here have owned that are faster than their current 04 6 speed TL's. Fine, someone stated they had a G35 that was faster, but why some people are hell bent on getting people fired up is beyond me? I wish people here on the TL board wouldn't fan the flames. Just resist the urge. Their shoud be one sticky thread about the G35 vs. TL war, and keep all the stupid, played out, already argued every point fifty times crap in one spot. It seems to invade every thread.

The thread I started had a lot of interesting cars that people have owned that are very fast. So please keep em' coming. Thanks
The TL is the slowest car in this picture. It also has the second largest engine.

Old 08-24-2004, 11:48 PM
mio
Police

The TL is the slowest car in this picture. It also has the second largest engine.

hahah, compare a sedan with sports cars... what r u trying to say?

Do u know wut is the tl's real purpose??? Racing cars???
Old 08-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mio
hahah, compare a sedan with sports cars... what r u trying to say?

Do u know wut is the tl's real purpose??? Racing cars???
I am well aware of the TL's real purpose, as well as that of a sports car. That is my TL in the picture, and my NSX on page 2 of this thread.

The point of this thread, whether you think it is good or bad, is to talk about cars faster than the TL, hence the picture of the TL surrounded by cars that are faster than it, even that lowly DSM with 250k on the end (running 14 PSI of boost).

so what r u trying to say, yo?
Old 08-25-2004, 12:09 AM
mio
Police

I am well aware of the TL's real purpose, as well as that of a sports car. That is my TL in the picture, and my NSX on page 2 of this thread.

The point of this thread, whether you think it is good or bad, is to talk about cars faster than the TL, hence the picture of the TL surrounded by cars that are faster than it, even that lowly DSM with 250k on the end (running 14 PSI of boost).

so what r u trying to say, yo?
still don't understand why did u compare TL with those sports cars...

u were trying to prove TL is faster than sports cars?
Old 08-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mio
still don't understand why did u compare TL with those sports cars...

u were trying to prove TL is faster than sports cars?
No.

I am merely providing examples of cars faster than the TL, in the hope that this thread returns to its stated purpose (or at least closer to it) and doesn't continue to be a TL vs. G35 debate.

That is just a picture from my usual Wednesday GTG with similar-minded enthusaists. That day I brought the TL instead of the NSX, as the NSX was having a problem with one of its wheels.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:23 AM
mio
Police

No.

I am merely providing examples of cars faster than the TL, in the hope that this thread returns to its stated purpose (or at least closer to it) and doesn't continue to be a TL vs. G35 debate.

That is just a picture from my usual Wednesday GTG with similar-minded enthusaists. That day I brought the TL instead of the NSX, as the NSX was having a problem with one of its wheels.
nonono, i m not talkin about G35 AND TL ~ Just some mad G35 driver is trying to prove

his or her G35 sedan can smoke 350z~~~ wowowow~``
Old 08-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mio
oh, yeh? who do u think u r? fashion leader? i'll say something wrong with ur taste...

and 350z isn't faster than ur G sedan??? hahaha

yeh! ur G35 is the fastest car in the world ~ lol ~ur G35 is the beautiest car in the world~

and u r Schumacher!!! hahaha no u fukin faster than him!!! Ferrari team is an idiot team

cuz they didn't hire u but Schumacher~ ...
The G35 weighs 50 lb more than the 350z. Same engine and frame. Just 2 more doors. The car dynos the same. I have the Z tube on mine which really is the only part that makes a difference between the 2 cars and part of the exhaust. I have ran 2 350z and both of us were dead even every time. So don't think YOUR 350Z is faster, because it isn't. It is the SAME CAR.

BTW, LEARN how to spell kid.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:07 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

The G35 weighs 50 lb more than the 350z. Same engine and frame. Just 2 more doors. The car dynos the same. I have the Z tube on mine which really is the only part that makes a difference between the 2 cars and part of the exhaust. I have ran 2 350z and both of us were dead even every time. So don't think YOUR 350Z is faster, because it isn't. It is the SAME CAR.

BTW, LEARN how to spell kid.

I can't believe you spout this BS like its nothing. You claim to be about 50-100 lbs lighter than a coupe yet the coupe is about 200-300 lbs heavier than a Z. A base Z is about 3150 lbs. A base coupe is about 3400 lbs. A base sedan is about 3350 lbs. I see about a 200 lb difference between your base car and a Z. Stock Zs can run 13.7...stock G35s can run 14.1. A 0.4 second difference equals 4 car lengths which equals faster. Sorry but you beat the drivers of the Zs and not the Z itself. In fact you claim you only ran a 14.3. EVERY mag out there has gotten faster times with the Z then the G35. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. So unless your Z tube can magically lighten your car by about 200lbs, please get off the cheap stuff.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EZZ
I can't believe you spout this BS like its nothing. You claim to be about 50-100 lbs lighter than a coupe yet the coupe is about 200-300 lbs heavier than a Z. A base Z is about 3150 lbs. A base coupe is about 3400 lbs. A base sedan is about 3350 lbs. I see about a 200 lb difference between your base car and a Z. Stock Zs can run 13.7...stock G35s can run 14.1. A 0.4 second difference equals 4 car lengths which equals faster. Sorry but you beat the drivers of the Zs and not the Z itself. In fact you claim you only ran a 14.3. EVERY mag out there has gotten faster times with the Z then the G35. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. So unless your Z tube can magically lighten your car by about 200lbs, please get off the cheap stuff.
Well lets see here..

My car weighs 3385 with a full load.

The Z weighs 3247 at least for the touring model which are the ones I have ran. No, we can't compare a base Z buddy. Sure you can to make it look much faster, but the loaded one isn't as light as you think.

I have seen G coupes run high 13s, and I have seen sedans run 14.0-14.1 at 101 traps bone stock. Doesn't take much of a driver to do a highway run at 45+ mph. Now does it. Even other Z owners know the G35 is right with it. But some are blinded like yourself. MAybe you should read my350z.com and learn from other 350z drivers about the brother g35.

But on the highway, weight doesn't mean much. Yes the Z is slightly faster off the line, but on a roll, it isn't any faster than the G35.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:15 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Well lets see here..

My car weighs 3385 with a full load.

The Z weighs 3247 at least for the touring model which are the ones I have ran. No, we can't compare a base Z buddy. Sure you can to make it look much faster, but the loaded one isn't as light as you think.

I have seen G coupes run high 13s, and I have seen sedans run 14.0-14.1 at 101 traps bone stock. Doesn't take much of a driver to do a highway run at 45+ mph. Now does it. Even other Z owners know the G35 is right with it. But some are blinded like yourself. MAybe you should read my350z.com and learn from other 350z drivers about the brother g35.

But on the highway, weight doesn't mean much. Yes the Z is slightly faster off the line, but on a roll, it isn't any faster than the G35.
The enthusiast Z is by far the best selling of the Z models and yes, it does weight around 3150 lbs with full load. I've been a my350z.com member since inception and yes I have read their track times. You know what, most of them are faster than the G35 times. I have yet to see a sedan break into the 13s unmodded. The 350z has done it many many many many many many times.

Go to G35driver.com. I am a regular poster their too and ask which is faster. We have this stupid conversation once a week and everytime its asked, the unanimous answer is that the Z is faster. Sure its not bus lengths but yes, the unanimous concensus is that the Z is a faster. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE I have ever seen that has claimed the G35 is as fast as a Z car.

BTW, I already know the relative speed of the G35....I HAVE ONE. Please refrain from BS, as it is not good for you health.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EZZ
The enthusiast Z is by far the best selling of the Z models and yes, it does weight around 3150 lbs with full load. I've been a my350z.com member since inception and yes I have read their track times. You know what, most of them are faster than the G35 times. I have yet to see a sedan break into the 13s unmodded. The 350z has done it many many many many many many times.

Go to G35driver.com. I am a regular poster their too and ask which is faster. We have this stupid conversation once a week and everytime its asked, the unanimous answer is that the Z is faster. Sure its not bus lengths but yes, the unanimous concensus is that the Z is a faster. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE I have ever seen that has claimed the G35 is as fast as a Z car.

BTW, I already know the relative speed of the G35....I HAVE ONE. Please refrain from BS, as it is not good for you health.

Didn't I just say the 350z was faster off the line? My gosh. But then again there are sedans at teh track beating 350z too. Z is only faster OFF THE LINE, highway, they are pretty much even, and it has been discussed many times before on both sites. Really, obviously you don't read the sites much to think I am the only one that thinks the g35 is just as fast as the 350z.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:36 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Didn't I just say the 350z was faster off the line? My gosh. But then again there are sedans at teh track beating 350z too. Z is only faster OFF THE LINE, highway, they are pretty much even, and it has been discussed many times before on both sites. Really, obviously you don't read the sites much to think I am the only one that thinks the g35 is just as fast as the 350z.
The Z has more horsepower, is lighter, and has the same ratios as the G35 sedan. Sorry but the Z is faster on the highway. The 350z guys would never say that the sedan is as fast. You are absolutely wrong. There are people on g35driver that have run Zs and have admitted that the Z was pulling on them. This is stock to stock. You are so delusional with your car that you fail to see this point.

How can a car with the same gear ratios, less weight, and more horsepower be the same Obviously we won't come to an agreement over this however, my logic makes much more sense than yours.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EZZ
The Z has more horsepower, is lighter, and has the same ratios as the G35 sedan. Sorry but the Z is faster on the highway. The 350z guys would never say that the sedan is as fast. You are absolutely wrong. There are people on g35driver that have run Zs and have admitted that the Z was pulling on them. This is stock to stock. You are so delusional with your car that you fail to see this point.

How can a car with the same gear ratios, less weight, and more horsepower be the same Obviously we won't come to an agreement over this however, my logic makes much more sense than yours.
More hp, but doesn't show it on dynos. So your wrong again. But lighter yes.

You are dilusional to think the 350z is really faster.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:52 PM
mio
Police

more hp, more torque, ligher weight, means slower than u, rite???

and u G 35 sedan got better handling than z , rite???

u r so awesome! Mr. Schumacher~
Old 08-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mio
more hp, more torque, ligher weight, means slower than u, rite???

and u G 35 sedan got better handling than z , rite???

u r so awesome! Mr. Schumacher~

Until you learn how to spell, I shouldn't waste my time with you.

But just to correct your misinformation. The G35 and Z both dyno the same. So no, it does not have more tq or hp.

It's only lighter by 150 lb compared to the Sedan vs Z. That can be .1 tenth in the 1/4.

The G35 Coupe outhandles the Z. But the Z is tighter because of its size on a autox course. The sedan holds its ground very well right behind the Z in terms of handling. It can handle just as good as the Z with Z suspension installed.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:36 PM
mio
Police

whs wrong with my spells? which word is not correct?

and u r trying to say: 287 hp = 260 hp? 274 tq= 260 tq?

or u did something to ur engine???
Old 08-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Burning Brakes

This thread is teh suck.

Now instead of arguing TL vs. G35, you are arguing 350Z vs. G35, which is even less relevant.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mio
whs wrong with my spells? which word is not correct?

and u r trying to say: 287 hp = 260 hp? 274 tq= 260 tq?

or u did something to ur engine???

You are a kid and don't understand what real hp dyno proven equals too. The car dynos alot more than 260 hp, and my dynos prove that. Over 280hp at the wheels, over 280 tq at the wheels.

And please go back to school to learn english.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am surprised that the 03/04 Cobra has not been mentioned yet...AND I second BRAWHT
Old 08-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Racer

Hey, everyone, TL_6SPD is correct. The G35 is clearly the fastest vehicle on the planet. Let's just leave it at that.

Now, all we need to know is whether the G35 coupe is faster than the sedan, or vice-versa? I'm not sure if I'll sleep tonight thinking about that.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:19 PM
mio
Police

You are a kid and don't understand what real hp dyno proven equals too. The car dynos alot more than 260 hp, and my dynos prove that. Over 280hp at the wheels, over 280 tq at the wheels.

And please go back to school to learn english.
yeh? i m kid, how old r u ? i guess u r almost 80 yrs old? gonna die?

my car dynos alot more than 287 hp, and my dynos prove that. Over 300hp at the wheels,

over 294 tq at the wheels~ i think u should go to bed and get some fukin sleep ~

)@$#&%_!#)%&_!#%
Old 08-25-2004, 11:22 PM
mio
Police

Originally Posted by missmyprelude
Hey, everyone, TL_6SPD is correct. The G35 is clearly the fastest vehicle on the planet.
hahaha ~
Old 08-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
tell a lie often enough....

TL_6SPD: Between you and 1SICKLEX, you give a new definition to "delusional."

Neither of you own or drive a 2004 Acura TL. But you spend hours on this Acura TL forum trying to convince everyone that TLs are slow and poorly built.

Are you trying to convince us? Because if you are, it's never going to happen. We own them, drive them daily, and know better.

Trying to convince yourselves? That's probably more like it. You want to justify your own purchase and, perhaps, vent frustration that you can't have one.

Similarly, non-TL owners such as yourselves come on here and pontificate about how the TL doesn't handle well because it's FWD.... and how your old Lexus or G35 sedan is faster.

HA! We take it with a grain of salt because it is coming from wannabe TL owners who are talking out of their @$$, not from personal experience.

Owning and driving one, don't you think we can judge that for ourselves?

So... who are you trying to convince?

XP
Old 08-26-2004, 12:24 AM
Banned

everyting i ever owned, except and maybe my 1979 vw scirroco (it would maybe about even 0-60+) TL,s are not fast cars, if racing a retard on a moped turns you on your going to be a TL street race pro!! now go and buy a real fast car and stop wetting the bed! so you can do it in your new real fast car!
Old 08-26-2004, 01:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Twat say?

Originally Posted by laserbeamtypeS
everyting i ever owned, except and maybe my 1979 vw scirroco (it would maybe about even 0-60+) TL,s are not fast cars, if racing a retard on a moped turns you on your going to be a TL street race pro!! now go and buy a real fast car and stop wetting the bed! so you can do it in your new real fast car!
Since you don't own one... how would you know?

Or, do you mean to say your 2003 S-type is a dog?

XP
Old 08-26-2004, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Xpditor

Neither of you own or drive a 2004 Acura TL. But you spend hours on this Acura TL forum trying to convince everyone that TLs are slow and poorly built.

Are you trying to convince us? Because if you are, it's never going to happen. We own them, drive them daily, and know better.

Trying to convince yourselves? That's probably more like it. You want to justify your own purchase and, perhaps, vent frustration that you can't have one.

Similarly, non-TL owners such as yourselves come on here and pontificate about how the TL doesn't handle well because it's FWD.... and how your old Lexus or G35 sedan is faster.

HA! We take it with a grain of salt because it is coming from wannabe TL owners who are talking out of their @$$, not from personal experience.

XP

This forum convinced me the TL is a POS. So did my pals who purchased the last TL/CL. I didn't start threads of:
paint sucks
Tranny recall
rattles
tranny sucks
tranny slips
leather cracks
rattles
headliner falls
Hids stolen
dealer sucks
etc etc etc
THose threads are very obvious to anyone with eyes. I just read them. I read about them in Car and Driver/auto publications and National newspapers.Why you think all the noobs ask "should I get a TL, the threads scare me"?
I'm on tons of forums, not just here.
Bottom line, you get what you pay for. There is no way in hell you pack all these features in the 2nd/3rd gen TL without sacrificing something. Otherwise, EVERYONE would have done it years ago.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:14 AM

And IMO, the TL-S and 04 TL are fast. Very swift. That is a fact and to deny it is foolish.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Banned

Delusional by what? Facts are facts, and if you can't understand that, then you need help.

I was about to own one before the TL, but I wanted more of a sports car like ride, and better quality service and build quality, so I got the G35 instead. Why would I try to convince a bunch of TL loyalist. You guys are happy with your TL as you should be, but when MISINFORMATION is spewed, it needs to be corrected. Why would we EVER need to justify our purchase when we are NOT the ones that keep bringing the G35 up in a ton of posts on here. You guys are. You guys are the ones UPSET that you bought a POS car made in the USA. Since I have driven both cars many many times, I know which car performs better. If you want better gadgets, get the TL, if you want a mixture of sports, handling, warranty, luxury, and better build quality, get the G35. You are a sorry excuse for a moderator to even post something like this.

XP
Old 08-26-2004, 08:01 AM
Pro

This thread went south fast. IMO, the G35 6MT is quicker the TL 6MT but not by enough to make a big difference. (If the G35 driver hesistates for a moment, he'll become well acquainted with the TL's rear end.) BTW, this is not unlike the old "TL-S vs 2k2/3 Maxima" debates: splitting hairs; and that debate ended up being a moot point.

Now if someone has a Mustang Cobra or WRX STi, THAT would be measurably faster than a 6MT TL but, the G really is comparable to the TL in straightline performance.

Peace.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Bottom line, you get what you pay for. There is no way in hell you pack all these features in the 2nd/3rd gen TL without sacrificing something.
We're back to that again? "You get what you pay for?" If that were true, the jails wouldn't be full of con-men.

It seems your biggest problem with the TL is that it doesn't cost enough. That would bother me too if cost was my major criteria for evaluating an auto. I, however, put a big emphasis on value for the money.

Another problem you seem to have with the TL is that it is built in America. I guess that would qualify as anti-American prejudice. That's your right.

Some (repeat: "some") of the topics/threads you mention have been covered here, of course. Just like they are covered on other brand-identified fora. Yes, even Lexus has them until members are banned for bringing it up. E.g: recently announced transmission problems.

But in all our discussions/posts in multiple threads, I can't remember any TL member calling an Infinity or Lexus a "piece of shit" (POS) or saying they were made from cardboard White Castle boxes. In general, we acknowledge both as fine autos.

So, don't be surprised when you come to our house and want to take a dump in the middle of the living room- that your rude behavior is responded to in like fashion.

It's called everything from trouble-making to trolling. You know: that stuff you don't tolerate on your home forum?

Now, let's get back on topic.

XP
Old 08-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Banned

But in all our discussions/posts in multiple threads, I can't remember any TL member calling an Infinity or Lexus a "piece of shit" (POS) or saying they were made from cardboard White Castle boxes. In general, we acknowledge both as fine autos.

So, don't be surprised when you come to our house and want to take a dump in the middle of the living room- that your rude behavior is responded to in like fashion.

It's called everything from trouble-making to trolling. You know: that stuff you don't tolerate on your home forum?

Now, let's get back on topic.

XP
Your blind then. Because in almost every topic with a g35, your members do say POS about other brand of cars.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Racer

Your blind then. Because in almost every topic with a g35, your members do say POS about other brand of cars.
I don't recall seeing that reference in this thread.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:33 PM
mio
Police

hahaha ! MR. 280 hp G35 SEDAN return!!! wowow~~~ hE GOT a fuckin' Z TUBE in his

sedan~~~ LOL

Now , his car is the fastest car in the world..

Quick Reply: Has anyone here owned a stock car faster than the 6M 04 TL