Got RAPED by a Cayenne Turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got RAPED by a Cayenne Turbo...

Here's the story: I'm driving down the freeway at about 60-65 mph, when I pull along side a silver Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I look over and he's got his wife and two kids in the car. He kind of nods and when we get to an open spot on the feeway, we both gun it. We went up to about 100 mph, and I'm not exaggerating when I say he put 4-5 car lengths on me and was still pulling away hard. I would love to own one if I thought they were better looking.

By the way, I've got a '03 TL-S with a comptech ice box, and he appeared to be completely stock.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Hello!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TT V-8. 450hp. Nice death.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Safety Car

I'm sure his wife and 2 kids enjoyed it as well.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Old 12-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Banned

If ours cars had twin turbos...well....
Old 12-24-2004, 09:45 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I get raped by my dad's from a stop but from say 40mph to 100 or so I can pretty much stay dead even with him. But from a stop, he can put 3 to 4 cars on me...

Now his 911T can lay thewasteoftheeverlovinglord upon most anything...
Old 12-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by r10apple
Now his 911T can lay thewasteoftheeverlovinglord upon most anything...
haha sorry but that is hilarious
Old 12-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Cayenne's are FAST !!!
Old 12-26-2004, 03:56 PM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 92NSX
Cayenne's are FAST !!!
WRONG!!!
reg cayene and type-S cayene as slow mothers
Only the turbo one is insanely fast 0-60 in 5.5s !
Old 12-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by etxxz
WRONG!!!
reg cayene and type-S cayene as slow mothers
Only the turbo one is insanely fast 0-60 in 5.5s !
Well you better tell a couple of others on here that say our TL can do 0-60 in 5.6 sec. Therefore losing by 0.1 of a second isn't bad at all.
Although I strongly disagree with the #'s the other person quoted.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bradb1us
Here's the story: I'm driving down the freeway at about 60-65 mph, when I pull along side a silver Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I look over and he's got his wife and two kids in the car. He kind of nods and when we get to an open spot on the feeway, we both gun it. We went up to about 100 mph, and I'm not exaggerating when I say he put 4-5 car lengths on me and was still pulling away hard. I would love to own one if I thought they were better looking.

By the way, I've got a '03 TL-S with a comptech ice box, and he appeared to be completely stock.
Sorry, but you are wrong in choosing to race this idiot.
AND HE'S AN IDIOT FOR SUCH AN ACTION, WITH HIS
WIFE AND KIDS IN THE SUV.

Listen to the little voice inside(do you even have one?) you;
How would you have felt if something had gone wrong, and said wife
and kids got killed.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:31 PM
@ slide or die @

hah, i recognize this dud from his "you're an idiot" phrase. He's left neg rep points TWICE on me for racing. BUDDY, a friendly dash to 100mph doesn't cause accidents. ONLY CARELESNESS CAUSES ACCIDENTS. CARELESNESS doesnt happen to those who KNOW AND APPLY the limits of their cars speed ans safety.

chill the fuck down, i'm sure you've done 100mph+ so dont bitch. Yes it might be dangerous but cars nowadays are built to endure 100x more. It would've been dangerous IF there was traffic, IF they were dodging cars OR competiting...this wasnt even a race, it was just a showoff of power.

Dont look at life as "what IF" or "something might go wrong" because then you'll be the saddest person alive...A word of advice, "The greatest risk in life, is NOT TAKING ONE".
This doenst mean yeah, go and race every time, take a risk. No, it means have the balls to responsibly do something you're not too sure. ie: how'd you ask your first girl out?

no flame war, neg points to get back at you. Chill and drive safely. enjoy the hollidays,
etxx

*edit: but then again, i'm young and there's lots of things i'll learn the hard way, hopefully they wont be too serious[nocking on wood]. peace bro
Old 12-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 92NSX
Well you better tell a couple of others on here that say our TL can do 0-60 in 5.6 sec. Therefore losing by 0.1 of a second isn't bad at all.
Although I strongly disagree with the #'s the other person quoted.
Well, the Cayenne Turbo CAN run 0-60 in 5.5 secs stock. No stock TL, to the best of my knowledge, has ever run a 5.6 sec 0-60. Oh and it's called a Cayenne S not type-S, etxxz. Just givin ya a hard time.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:52 PM
@ slide or die @

ya i see...i've never seen a cayene turbo in action, but i'd love to 'cause i've the cayenne S floring it from a light and it sounded like a frikin muscle car! can't imagine what a turbo'd S would be like
Old 12-27-2004, 01:54 PM
@ slide or die @

ya i see...i've never seen a cayene turbo in action, but i'd love to 'cause i've the cayenne S floring it from a light and it sounded like a frikin muscle car! can't imagine what a turbo'd S would be like
Old 12-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Pro

hah, i recognize this dud from his "you're an idiot" phrase. He's left neg rep points TWICE on me for racing. BUDDY, a friendly dash to 100mph doesn't cause accidents. ONLY CARELESNESS CAUSES ACCIDENTS. CARELESNESS doesnt happen to those who KNOW AND APPLY the limits of their cars speed ans safety.

chill the fuck down, i'm sure you've done 100mph+ so dont bitch. Yes it might be dangerous but cars nowadays are built to endure 100x more. It would've been dangerous IF there was traffic, IF they were dodging cars OR competiting...this wasnt even a race, it was just a showoff of power.

Dont look at life as "what IF" or "something might go wrong" because then you'll be the saddest person alive...A word of advice, "The greatest risk in life, is NOT TAKING ONE".
This doenst mean yeah, go and race every time, take a risk. No, it means have the balls to responsibly do something you're not too sure. ie: how'd you ask your first girl out?

no flame war, neg points to get back at you. Chill and drive safely. enjoy the hollidays,
etxx

*edit: but then again, i'm young and there's lots of things i'll learn the hard way, hopefully they wont be too serious[nocking on wood]. peace bro

You recognize me? Nah bro!

Yes, I did 100mph plus, once, when I was coming from Miami, (on my way to Orlando) but that was at night, and I was younger.

You r way too young to understand.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by vybzkartel
You recognize me? Nah bro!

Yes, I did 100mph plus, once, when I was coming from Miami, (on my way to Orlando) but that was at night, and I was younger.

You r way too young to understand.
And you're 31 with next no posts. I would highly recommend toning down the YELLING unless you want to get blasted with negative rep points.

Either way, the Cayenne Turbo is obscenely fast for an SUV. And no TL will ever be able to outrun one, stock.

Plus, I'll bet the guy driving the Turbo had his wife in the passenger seat yelling at him to slow down.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:27 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

I went to Raceway Park to race on a Friday night once and this guy who looked like a real tool was driving a Cayenne Turbo and took it down to the track. It was that really beautiful burgundy color but the guy had a frickin' child seat in the back so I had to laugh. The guy ended up doing an even 14.00 and then he had a later run of like 13.92 and I was automatically shocked. That truck is fast as hell, even though it's not as fast as a Lightning or SRT-10, I've seen those beasts pull 13.3 and lower.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
And you're 31 with next no posts. I would highly recommend toning down the YELLING unless you want to get blasted with negative rep points.

Either way, the Cayenne Turbo is obscenely fast for an SUV. And no TL will ever be able to outrun one, stock.

Plus, I'll bet the guy driving the Turbo had his wife in the passenger seat yelling at him to slow down.

What does being 31 have to do with post count?

I've been on this board for over a year. I'm just not the opinionated type.

No harm, no foul.

Your ignorance baffles me.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jayhawk815
Well, the Cayenne Turbo CAN run 0-60 in 5.5 secs stock. No stock TL, to the best of my knowledge, has ever run a 5.6 sec 0-60. Oh and it's called a Cayenne S not type-S, etxxz. Just givin ya a hard time.
I fully believe the Cayenne will run those numbers. I also completely agree with you about the times for our TL. But look at post #21 and see what it says.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=105419&page=1

I don't think it will do it either. I have seen 6.1 as best time for 6spd.

a friendly dash to 100mph doesn't cause accidents. ONLY CARELESNESS CAUSES ACCIDENTS. CARELESNESS doesnt happen to those who KNOW AND APPLY the limits of their cars speed ans safety.
Really??? Do it in front of a cop and then tell HIM that and see what happens.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:23 PM
@ slide or die @

o god, he'll take me to jail and put a box of donuts up my ass!!
Old 12-27-2004, 06:25 PM
@ slide or die @

o men, he'll take me to jail and put a box of donuts up my ass!!
Old 12-27-2004, 06:27 PM
@ slide or die @

o bro, he'll take me to jail and put a box of donuts up my ass
Old 12-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah you are and hopefully you won't take out anybody else in the process of learning.
Be careful out there
Old 12-27-2004, 07:24 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

BUDDY, a friendly dash to 100mph doesn't cause accidents. ONLY CARELESNESS CAUSES ACCIDENTS. CARELESNESS doesnt happen to those who KNOW AND APPLY the limits of their cars speed ans safety.
Errr... correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'd certainly say that a dash to 100 against a man with his wife and kids in the car equals carelessness!

How about IF there was a woman and two kids in the SUV? It would NOT have been dangerous IF he didn't think he had something to prove? Eh?

I highly doubt the person who originally said that ever considered this situation. How about if we don't call it playing the "what IF" game -- we call it thinking of the consequences of his actions.. Also known as being an adult.

Hopefully it won't involve deaths of other innocent people.

Old 12-28-2004, 08:25 AM
@ slide or die @

You must be one of those dick lawyers buddy. As i might've been wrong in some parts, there is some truth in what i said, and you just looked for fragments that you could use...an important reason why USA is going to peaces is because of people like you.

Now, they were already going at a high speed on the freeway and increasing their speed by 30mph once it opened woulnt be considered life threatening. Yes, it might go a bit into the careless side, but, other than reaction time, it woulnt make a difference if something happened at 70mph or 100mph...they would've still died. Now, tell me that you've never speed up to 100mph with someone in the car...Oh no! you must be so careless...whopty do bro.
Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
How about IF there was a woman and two kids in the SUV? It would NOT have been dangerous IF he didn't think he had something to prove? Eh?
i dont really understand this...but does this mean you are also trying to prove something by modding you car? or by being a Jackass? Eh?
I highly doubt the person who originally said that ever considered this situation. How about if we don't call it playing the "what IF" game -- we call it thinking of the consequences of his actions.. Also known as being an adult.
its a fact most people under the mid 20s make lots of careless decissions (not implying that people over 30 dont). Are you blaming me for being young? how the **** do you want me to act like 50 and wise. This will never change, we'll just have to wait.
Hopefully it won't involve deaths of other innocent people..
Somewhere we agree, knock on good and good luck to you.

peace
Old 12-28-2004, 08:29 AM
@ slide or die @

You must be one of those dick lawyers buddy. As i might've been wrong in some parts, there is some truth in what i said, and you just looked for fragments that you could use...an important reason why USA is going to peaces is because of people like you.

Now, they were already going at a high speed on the freeway and increasing their speed by 30mph once it opened woulnt be considered life threatening. Yes, it might go a bit into the careless side, but, other than reaction time, it woulnt make a difference if something happened at 70mph or 100mph...they would've still died. Now, tell me that you've never speed up to 100mph with someone in the car...Oh no! you must be so careless...whopty do bro.
i dont really understand this...but does this mean you are also trying to prove something by modding you car? or by being a Jackass? Eh?
its a fact most people under the mid 20s make lots of careless decissions (not implying that people over 30 dont). Are you blaming me for being young? how the **** do you want me to act like 50 and wise. This will never change, we'll just have to wait.
Hopefully it won't involve deaths of other innocent people..
Somewhere we agree, knock on good and good luck to you.

peace
Old 12-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Intermediate

Sorry, but you are wrong in choosing to race this idiot.
AND HE'S AN IDIOT FOR SUCH AN ACTION, WITH HIS
WIFE AND KIDS IN THE SUV.

Listen to the little voice inside(do you even have one?) you;
How would you have felt if something had gone wrong, and said wife
and kids got killed.

Thank you for voicing your opinion. However, your argument is as baseless as all the other "you're a moron for driving fast" arguments out there. You were not there, you didn't see the road conditions, and you didn't see how long it lasted. Let me tell you the details so you have a more clear picture of what it was like. Flat, recently paved road with five open lanes, not a spot of moisture on the road, no traffic for a mile in front of us and a half mile behind. How long did this race last? Probably about 10 seconds. If you believe those 10 seconds put anybody at more risk of injury than driving 65 miles per hour in bad traffic (where most accidents occur), I believe you are sorely mistaken. Had we been weaving in and out of traffic while accelerating, yes, you would have been right; that would have been dangerous. But we weren't. Bottom line: I don't care if he had the damn Pope and the President of the United States in the car, the increased "risk" of danger was so extraordinarily minimal that it made practically no difference.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
What does being 31 have to do with post count?

I've been on this board for over a year. I'm just not the opinionated type.

No harm, no foul.

Your ignorance baffles me.
Now you're calling me ignorant after one post?

Man, you have a serious attitude problem.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Instructor

is it me or does his join date say nov 2004 .... thats just over a month not just over a year on my calendar ....... just my 2 cents
Old 12-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
If vybzkartel is like most drivers from NYC, he probably drives UNDER the speed limit in the left lane of major highways. :P Living in NJ, we're subjected to this highway cholesterol regularly on the NJ Turnpike and GS Parkway.

But I will say that I am MUCH less inclined to run anyone who has passengers (esp. children) in their car. Good kill Brad but I wouldnt encourage doing any runs against people with kids in the cars, other than brief sprints to ~speed limit from a stop light (maybe). And the moron in the Cayenne should known better.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:03 AM
@ slide or die @

Check out this stats...dayuumm!!

Cayenne Turbo:
TT 32v DOHC 4.5L V8 w/ 450hp @ 6000rpm + 457trq @ 2250!!
Power To Weight Ratio 11.6...Tl is like 10.xx NSX is in the 12ves...go figure
0-60: 5.5s
100 bhp / liter...tl is ~ 74
top speed: 165 mph <- this is the electronic limited speed (governor @ 165)
counlt find any 1/4mi times but should be high 13s to 14flat

Old 12-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Drifting

C&D has gotten 13.5s in the 1/4 mile I haven't seen one on the track yet though.

PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO

Vehicle type: front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door wagon

Price as tested: $94,980

Price and option breakdown: base Porsche Cayenne Turbo (includes $765 freight), $89,665; sunroof, $1100; keyless-entry system, $995; Electric Comfort package (includes power tailgate latch, self-dimming mirrors, and integrated garage-door opener), $890; 19-inch wheels and performance tires, $850; in-dash 6-CD changer, $715; trailer hitch, $590; logo wheel hub covers, $175

Major standard accessories: power steering, windows, seats, and locks; A/C; cruise control; tilting and telescoping steering wheel; rear defroster and wiper

Sound system: Bose AM/FM-stereo radio/CD changer, 13 speakers

ENGINE
Type: twin-turbocharged and intercooled V-8, aluminum block and heads
Bore x stroke: 3.66 x 3.27 in, 93.0 x 83.0mm
Displacement: 275 cu in, 4510cc
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Engine-control system: Bosch Motronic ME7.1.1 with port fuel injection
Emissions controls: 3-way catalytic converter, feedback air-fuel-ratio control
Turbochargers: 2, KKK
Waste gate: integral
Maximum boost pressure: 8.7 psi
Valve gear: chain-driven double overhead cams, 4 valves per cylinder, hydraulic lifters, variable intake-valve timing
Power (SAE net): 450 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 457 lb-ft @ 2250 rpm
Redline: 6400 rpm

DRIVETRAIN
Transmission: 6-speed automatic with lockup torque converter
Final-drive ratio: 3.70:1, limited slip
Transfer-gear ratios: L, 2.71:1; H, 1.00:1

Gear ... Ratio ... Mph/1000 rpm (L/H) ... Max. test speed (L/H)
I ... 4.15 ... 2.0/5.4 ... 13/34 mph (6400/6400 rpm)
II ... 2.37 ... 3.5/9.4 ... 22/60 mph (6400/6400 rpm)
III ... 1.56 ... 5.3/14.3 ... 34/92 mph (6400/6400 rpm)
IV ... 1.16 ... 7.1/19.2 ... 45/123 mph (6400/6400 rpm)
V ... 0.86 ... 9.6/25.9 ... 61/161 mph (6400/6200 rpm)
VI ... 0.69 ... 11.9/32.2 ... 76/161 mph (6400/5000 rpm)

DIMENSIONS AND CAPACITIES
Wheelbase: 112.4 in
Track, F/R: 64.6/65.2 in
Length: 188.3 in
Width: 75.9 in
Height: 66.9 in
Ground clearance: 6.2-10.8 in
Curb weight: 5724 lb
Weight distribution, F/R: 52.9/47.1%
Fuel capacity: 26.4 gal
Oil capacity: 8.9 qt
Water capacity: 10.6 qt

CHASSIS/BODY
Type: unit construction with a subframe
Body material: welded steel stampings

INTERIOR
SAE volume, front seat: 57 cu ft
rear seat: 49 cu ft
cargo volume, seats up/down: 19/63 cu ft
Practical cargo room, length of pipe: 128.0 in
largest sheet of plywood: 61.0 x 45.5 in
no. of 10 x 10 x 16-in boxes, seats in/out 14/28
Front seats: bucket
Seat adjustments: fore and aft, seatback angle, front height, rear height, lumbar support
Restraint systems, front: manual 3-point belts; driver and passenger front, side, and curtain airbags
rear: manual 3-point belts, outboard curtain airbags
General comfort: poor fair good excellent
Fore-and-aft support: poor fair good excellent
Lateral support: poor fair good excellent

SUSPENSION
F: ind; unequal-length control arms; 6-position height-adjustable, self-leveling air springs; 3-position cockpit-adjustable, electronically controlled shock absorbers; hydraulically engaged anti-roll bar
R: ind; 1 control arm, 1 lateral link, 1 diagonal link, and 1 toe-control link per side; 6-position height-adjustable, self-leveling air springs; 3-position cockpit-adjustable, electronically controlled shock absorbers; hydraulically engaged anti-roll bar

STEERING
Type: rack-and-pinion, power-assisted
Turns lock-to-lock: 2.7
Turning circle curb-to-curb: 39.0 ft

BRAKES
F: 13.8 x 1.3-in vented disc
R: 13.0 x 1.1-in vented disc
Power assist: vacuum with anti-lock control

WHEELS AND TIRES
Wheel size: 9.0 x 19 in
Wheel type: cast aluminum
Tires: Pirelli P Zero Rosso, 275/45ZR-19 108Y
Test inflation pressures, F/R: 38/42 psi

C/D TEST RESULTS

ACCELERATION Seconds
Zero to 30 mph 1.7
40 mph 2.8
50 mph 3.8
60 mph 5.0
70 mph 6.8
80 mph 8.5
90 mph 10.5
100 mph 13.0
110 mph 16.0
120 mph 19.6
130 mph 24.8
140 mph 32.6
Street start, 5-60 mph 6.1
Top-gear acceleration, 30-50 mph 2.8
50-70 mph 3.6
Standing 1/4-mile 13.5 sec @ 104 mph
Top speed (drag limited) 161 mph

BRAKING
70-0 mph @ impending lockup 170 ft
Fade none light moderate heavy

HANDLING
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad 0.82 g
Understeer minimal moderate excessive

FUEL ECONOMY
EPA city driving 13 mpg
EPA highway driving 18 mpg
C/D-observed 12 mpg

INTERIOR SOUND LEVEL
Idle 43 dBA
Full-throttle acceleration 72 dBA
70-mph cruising 67 dBA
Old 12-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Good write up.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
brad, you're a fooking idiot... did you think you even had a chance?
Old 12-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by F23A4
If vybzkartel is like most drivers from NYC, he probably drives UNDER the speed limit in the left lane of major highways. :P Living in NJ, we're subjected to this highway cholesterol regularly on the NJ Turnpike and GS Parkway.

But I will say that I am MUCH less inclined to run anyone who has passengers (esp. children) in their car. Good kill Brad but I wouldnt encourage doing any runs against people with kids in the cars, other than brief sprints to ~speed limit from a stop light (maybe). And the moron in the Cayenne should known better.
This is the first post regarding the morality of racing that even makes half-sense.

Hey we're all young once, so I can forgive some of that kind of thing... but having a sedan once turned into an ultra-compact by a dude who was just "having fun" at (and wait for it folks) an estimated speed over 100, my opinion on the old fox and hound game has kind of soured over the years.

Sorry... I couldn't not say something, and pts. to F23A4 for a dobble of common sense.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shoofin'TL
brad, you're a fooking idiot... did you think you even had a chance?

Did I think I had a chance? Not really. By that rationale, should I only race people that I'm sure I'll beat? Agreed, I shouldn't have done it when I knew he had kids in the car. I, unlike some people, don't mind getting beaten by other automobiles on the road.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by BadaBingMan
is it me or does his join date say nov 2004 .... thats just over a month not just over a year on my calendar ....... just my 2 cents
I said it once, and I'll say it again; I've been visiting this board for over a year.
I registered last year, under a different name. I forgot my password, since I
hardly posted. I

I figured my opinion would count; I guess it doesn't.

This will be my last post in this thread.

Sorry if I offended anyone.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:12 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I said it once, and I'll say it again; I've been visiting this board for over a year.
I registered last year, under a different name. I forgot my password, since I
hardly posted. I

I figured my opinion would count; I guess it doesn't.

This will be my last post in this thread.

Sorry if I offended anyone.
Don't ever apologize for offending anyone on a forum. Sheesh...If anything in what they said was true, just don't give someone negative feedback if you disagree with their opinions.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by r10apple
Don't ever apologize for offending anyone on a forum. Sheesh...If anything in what they said was true, just don't give someone negative feedback if you disagree with their opinions.
Unless you were being purposefully hurtful, dont apologize for anything.

As with real life (as opposed to cyber-life), not everyone will appreciate another's point of view. C'est la vie.

Quick Reply: Got RAPED by a Cayenne Turbo...