G35 interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:33 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TypeSDragon
I was mistaken of an 06 G35x, it is in fact the 07 with the new interior. I believe there is a significant improvement from the old interior, but not to the point that I was "wow" by it. If I compare the 2nd gen TL to 3rd Gen TL, I will say that's a Acura definitely got their head straight with the styling. And no need for inappropriate remarks from some of the members here, this thread is solely talking about the interior, not the overall quality of the G35.
You don't think there is much of an improvement from the first gen G interior to the second? That statement, paired with the fact you own a 08 TL makes me think you are just trying to justify your purchase to yourself. Both the current TL and G35/37 have good interiors for their segment, to say one is superior to the other would be saying chocolate is better then vanilla or vice versa.

I had a 04 TSX and bought it over the similarly priced G35 because the interior in the G at that time was pretty poor. When I traded in the TSX, the 07 G35 was a large improvement over the previous model so I went with the infiniti. I had no problems or real complaints about the infiniti, my needs changed so I traded in the infiniti for a S2000. Having lived with both Acura's offering and Infiniti's and not owning either to cloud my judgement, I can't say one has a clear advantage over the other, in terms of interior.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti interiors should be the model car for RUBBERMAID
Old 06-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by izmyttz
Infiniti interiors should be the model car for RUBBERMAID
not sure wat u mean by that
Old 06-18-2008, 02:16 AM
Got a Job!

Originally Posted by Dem1K
blah, I love my interior

You guys really don't like the interior? Great 3 spoke wheel with sport orange stitching and audio controls (lit orange w/ the rest of the cluster, which I like), nice new guages as opposed to the 03-04, great layout IMO, awesome vented seats w/ Infinfi logo, two-tone (well my color choice is: ebony dash, wheat seats), real aluminum, MP3 capability, dual climate zones, heated seats, aluminum pedals, pop-up navi (if so equipped). Before I bought the G35c, I test drove a 6spd '05 TL, and while I fell in love with the interior, I fell in love w/ my interior as well, and from that point on, it was a much easier choice on which car to get. As mentioned before, anyone who rides in my car loves it, and I can never wipe the damn smile off my face. It's just crazy how many people I see that trash on their interior. Yes, I wouls say the TL is better, but not but a huge margin. And personally, my gf and I thought the TSX had a terrible interior, but we only sat and test-drove one of them. I felt like I was in a civic. What I'm trying to get it, is perpahps each of us sat in a poorly suited vehicle to base our judgements on, and it isn't entirely fair. but so be it.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:40 AM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
WHile there are some small bits of unfortunately cheap looking plastic (ahem, center console), overall I am very pleased with the interior of my G. THe washi aluminum is a nice touch and the integrated nav screen looks fantastic. I prefer the gauge cluster to that of the TL as well, though overall dash design I would give to the Acura....
Old 06-18-2008, 04:09 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Never thought an analog clock was luxury or cool looking...
The buttons are a bit odd and too much square rectangle shapes.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Race Director

You guys really don't like the interior? Great 3 spoke wheel with sport orange stitching and audio controls (lit orange w/ the rest of the cluster, which I like), nice new guages as opposed to the 03-04, great layout IMO, awesome vented seats w/ Infinfi logo, two-tone (well my color choice is: ebony dash, wheat seats), real aluminum, MP3 capability, dual climate zones, heated seats, aluminum pedals, pop-up navi (if so equipped). Before I bought the G35c, I test drove a 6spd '05 TL, and while I fell in love with the interior, I fell in love w/ my interior as well, and from that point on, it was a much easier choice on which car to get. As mentioned before, anyone who rides in my car loves it, and I can never wipe the damn smile off my face. It's just crazy how many people I see that trash on their interior. Yes, I wouls say the TL is better, but not but a huge margin. And personally, my gf and I thought the TSX had a terrible interior, but we only sat and test-drove one of them. I felt like I was in a civic. What I'm trying to get it, is perpahps each of us sat in a poorly suited vehicle to base our judgements on, and it isn't entirely fair. but so be it.
ouch really a TSX felt like a Civic to you?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:03 AM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think we can all agree that the G's interior in the 1st gen certainly didnt fit with how the rest of the car felt.

The 2nd gen is pretty nice tho - I've driven one myself a couple times and feel like im in the cockpit of a jet
Old 06-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TypeSDragon
I started carpooling with my coworker and he happen to drive his wife's 06 Infiniti G35x. All I can say is that the interior is just plain FUGLY. The plastic is so cheap and what's with the "flurry" aluminium trim. The center console is just crap, looks very similar to the maximas. I was doing my best to be nice to him and couldn't wait to go back home to drive my TLS.
Like others have said, there is really no need to justify your purchase by making disparaging remarks about another brand. You just sound jealous and desperate more than anything else.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Got a Job!

Originally Posted by Mokos23
ouch really a TSX felt like a Civic to you?

Yeah, my gf and I were very disappointed with it. Like I said, it was a barebones package, with the most neutral of colors. I'm sure if I went back and sat in a premium package TSX, it would be much better
Old 06-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the refreshed 1G interior looks better than the 2G. The only thing I like about the new one is the steering wheel, but that in the refreshed 1G and I wouldn't even look back
Old 06-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Got a Job!

Haha, I just noticed how bad my typing was in that paragraph. Looks like the meds were kicking in
Old 06-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Senneca01
Like others have said, there is really no need to justify your purchase by making disparaging remarks about another brand. You just sound jealous and desperate more than anything else.

Why will I be jealous or desperate? The G35 falls in the same class and price of the TLS. I am not hear to tell you that the TL is a better car, I am just voicing my opinion that the interior just doesn't look good as the TL. One of the main reasons that I didn't go with Infiniti. People like you need to relax. You take this too seriously.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Race Director

Could be worse. The 7 series is over 70k and has a pretty bad interior. At least the old G35 was only 30k and up.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:12 PM
10th Gear

Newer G35 interior is nice...