Found out bad news about my 05 GT order

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Found out bad news about my 05 GT order

Well I placed the order on 11/29 and have very,very patient. Girlfriend made a call and found out the car is still 2 weeks away, no biggie. Well the kicker is she is leaving her current dealership for a new one and when the car comes in they will not budge on the sticker price nor will they dealer trade my car. Only IF I want to pay full sticker, and thats not going to happen, I can get it on Feb 4th. So it looks like after this whole waiting time that I will be putting another order for the car I want. I will now be waiting a total of 5 months(probably) for the damn car. Rant ended.........

Good news is that I can save more money for the down payment.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Shoulda gotten the deal in writing...
Old 01-19-2005, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Shoulda gotten the deal in writing...
Its up to the deaership if they want to sell it at A-plan, they dont have to. Since she is leaving they are being dicks about alot of things and one thing is the car.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mustang GT's gonna be hard to get a hold of.... ford dealer near here said that the waiting list goes to next year, for a GT as a stick
Old 01-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

damn :/

I like the GT.

Its fast right off the showroom floor.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by MemRheins
New Mustang GT's gonna be hard to get a hold of.... ford dealer near here said that the waiting list goes to next year, for a GT as a stick

as in 06?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:27 PM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

I know you're all the way in Houston, but a local dealer here had 2 Gt's the last time I went over there...so whoever is telling people a year wait is full of shiot
Old 01-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Banned

when does the new Cobra come out?
Old 01-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Banned

Old 01-19-2005, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by ShopTalker

holy shit, where did you find that pic? any more?
Old 01-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Automobile Aficionado

yes where did u get that....more more
Old 01-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Banned

Old 01-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Banned

MRT Interceptor... not a bad alternative for now

love that rear window, gonna do that on mine whenever i get one

Targa-top
Stereo
Old 01-19-2005, 07:51 PM
givin the business

that interceptor is nuts... i'll take 3 of them please
Old 01-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Suzuka Master

If that is not a chop and is real, WOW!

Rep points for a great find.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:40 PM
///M POWER

maybe the change is for the good and you'lll end up getting a diff car
Old 01-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Registered AssHat

Originally Posted by jz-97-c7
that interceptor is nuts... i'll take 3 of them please
The last of the V8 Interceptors! (I love Mad Max).
Old 01-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by darrinb
maybe the change is for the good and you'lll end up getting a diff car
why would he want that... 2005 Mustang GT.... Id take one in a heart beat
Old 01-20-2005, 07:11 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
GTO>Rustang
Old 01-20-2005, 08:21 AM
Banned

2007 SVT Cobra to be unvieled at the Detroit Auto Show starting March 25

SVT Still Kicking, Ford Says

"With no cars currently on the market, there’ve been plenty of rumors working their way through the industry grapevine about the future of Ford Motor Co.’s high-performance SVT unit. But “reports of its demise have been greatly exaggerated,” the head of the brand-within-a-brand told TheCarConnection.com, lifting a turn-of-phrase from Mark Twain. “We’d hate to give up on the brand equity we’ve established over the last 10 years,” insisted Hau Thai-Tang, the new boss of SVT, who until recently led the development of the new, retro-styled Mustang. An SVT version of the Mustang will be unveiled at the upcoming New York Auto Show, said Thai-Tang, and though he wouldn’t confirm production plans, sources told TCC it’s a bit more than a year away. Several other possible SVT models are under consideration, with an emphasis on adding a more mainstream product, such as a high-performance Fusion sedan.

SVT’s current hiatus was not due to problems with the unit, Thai-Tang insisted, but simply the result of limited resources being shifted to the development of the Ford GT supercar. Going forward, SVT intends to return to its roots, the Vietnamese-born executive explained during an exclusive interview. It will focus on building high-performance, limited-volume products with “substance” and value. But rather than putting a premium on off-the-line acceleration, future SVT models will likely strive to have broader appeal, much like the vehicles sold by European high-performance brands, such as BMW’s M line. That means they’ll have to handle and stop as well as they launch at a light, said Thai-Tang. Do not expect an SVT version of every Ford division product, sources report, though it is possible SVT may eventually lend its name to products sold by other Ford Motor Co. divisions.

Meanwhile, Ford is likely to develop other high-performance options. It is expected to expand its ties to Shelby Motors, the tuner firm run by racing legend and longtime Ford consultant Carroll Shelby, as well as Saleen Motors, the California firm best known for its customized Mustang models."

This additional stuff was taken off another forum:

First off, it is official that Ford will be bringing a Cobra to market for MY2007. SVT is not dead. At least according the new head SVT (the guy who designed the 05 Mustang) who said as much a couple of days ago at the Detroit Auto Show.

Then, this surfaced and although it is still conjecture, it does seem quite likely to be true based on what Ford said about re-using the 5.4L Ford GT engine in other cars.

This is exciting stuff. The three most interesting details:

- 465HP, 6-speed manual running in the low 12's with a trap speed of 120mph! That's not z06 territory, but that's definitely standard corvette country.

- You choose the rear suspension set up, either IRS or Solid Rear Axle with the IRS apparently pulling over 1.0g in the corners... which would instantly put the Mustang Cobra in very special company.

- The Price... in and around 30k. That I find hard to believe.

Anyways, read all the juicy details for yourself. There's also some mention of Ford taking on the new Camaro come 07 with a higher output GT model as well.

This was copied and pasted from southfloridaracing.com which on there was copied from somewhere else. Seems like a bunch of wishful thinking to me but if it does happen I want to be the one that said it first. I will belive it when I see it.

From an extremely reliable inside source at SVT (who is best friends with my sister's husband), this is supposedly the gospel of a lot of what we will see in the new Cobra. This car is already scheduled to debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January of 2006 with delivery available in mid (May/June) 2006 as a MY2007. Prototypes that are on the streets today are almost indistinguishable from other SN197's other than tires and exhaust note. There are a couple using unorthodox hood arrangements but these are supposedly not the cars with the drivetrains we will see. Here is what I was told will be the heart and soul of the next Cobra. Time will tell...

Motor: 5.4 Supercharged, 3 valve heads (with HUGE valves), forged internals similar to the 4.6 (Crank, rods, etc), modestly rated (under rated actually) ~465 HP/495 lb ft Torque, using a twin screw S/C similar to that on the Ford GT but pullied differently, hence the lower HP. This motor was supposedly made official (in house only) just in the last few days. It will NOT be rated the equal or even close HP-wise as the Ford GT exotic for exclusivity reasons. It will have more restrictive intake/exhaust systems than the Ford GT which is partly to blame for the lower performance numbers. Also, a cold air induction system will purportedly being looked at as an option but may be standard if it can get past the bean counters.

Transmissions: 6 speed manuals standard with a heavy duty 5 speed auto (the tranny used on the Ford Superduty but programmed/geared differently) as an option in late '07 or the '08 M/Y.

Suspensions: A re-engineered, heavy duty IRS will be an option with a modified 3 link/panhard bar-live axle setup as the standard rear axle. SVT will be going for the Road Race buyer as well as the straight line racer with both axles optional. However, the Axle options are not set in stone as of the moment but look highly likely to be approved. The Cobra will be lowered about 1.5" from a stock GT.

Bodywork: The retro theme will continue with a serious nod to the '67 Shelby. The fenders may be flared more than the standard '05 but that is not for certain as of now. The ducktail will be factory installed. Also, no convertible is planned for now but no reason was given other than concerns over chassis reliability due to the torque volume.

According to "John Doe" (he does not want to get 'relieved' of his assignment), only 3 of the Cobra protos built so far have the S/C'd 5.4 in them. There are actually 6 or 7 on the streets now, not all at the same time but there are similarly painted versions of different cars. There are also supposed to be three Protos with 6+ liter motors in them, 2 with blowers, one that is N/A but these will not be used in the next generation Cobra.

Supposedly, the 6+ Liter motors (he does not know the precise specs on them) are a Hurricane based engine with radical camming and a "first for Ford style of fuel delivery." I have no idea what he means by that and he would not elaborate to my sister either - apparently he was only repeating what he was told.

Tires: Alledgedly, the 5.4 S/C'd cars are running 315's on the rears, 275's on the fronts using 18" rims. Similar setups are on the other Protos. However, the 315's may only be optional with 295's being the standard fare.

Performance: The 5.4 S/C'd cars have been clocked in the very low 12's (12.10-12.25) in the quarter at nearly 120 mph and have been traction limited, according to "John". They are also supposedly able to pull over 1 G in handling.

Per "John", SVT is also adding enormous brakes and will be using an air cooled Intercooler, opting away from the water cooled version used previously due to reliability concerns (?). Other touches will possibly include some form of active/adjustable suspension as an option but he did not know much about it.

Supposedly, we should expect a price to be in the very high $30k range (base price - 6 speed, live axle, base tire/wheel combos) according to his sources in the know.

Also - prototype Mach 1's are also on the streets. These are supposedly running N/A'd 5.4's, tuned for 370hp with the 6 speed transmissions for now and debate still ongoing about which auto to use. None of the proto Mach's are running the Shaker hood to keep them cloaked to spying eyes. This car is supposed to appear for the '06 M/Y with some final tweaking to be set in stone by Jan/Feb 2005.

"John Doe" is considered to be an extremely reliable source. He said that Ford will rely heavily on already built/designed components rather than exotic pieces.

He also said that Ford is hoping to stymie the rumored F-body's comeback sales numbers with more powerful engines in the V6/GT Mustang in M/Y 2007 cars, perhaps as high as 20% increases in HP/Torque with 10-12% increases in fuel economy. If true, we could be seeing 320/325 HP GT's in 2007! Purportedly, GM is planning to use detuned LS2's in the F-bodies and Ford wants to head them off early with upgraded 3v motors.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1killercls
GTO>Rustang

Old 01-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by 1killercls
GTO>Rustang

-Tom
Old 01-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Banned

That 2007 Cobra>GTO
Old 01-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Drifting

That 2007 Cobra>GTO
x1000000000000
Old 01-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Current Cobra
Old 01-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

http://www.mrt-direct.com/

Mustang Racing Technologies (MRT) announces the release of their NEW, “Interceptor”™ Mustang package. The Interceptor is exactly what you would expect from MRT - Heritage styling, re-engineered suspension, all new interior, classic exterior style, muscle car exhaust, powertrain additions and more. MRT is known for systems engineering excellence in aftermarket modifications and the Interceptor is proof again why MRT is on top.

Product Scope:
MRT has transformed a Black 2005 Mustang GT into the ultimate “Outlaw” Mustang called the MRT Interceptor™. The MRT Interceptor™ takes on an aggressive muscle car look with a balance of performance from powertrain to chassis to interior. This well balanced car says performance, rebel and outlaw to passers by.

Base Vehicle:
2005 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Premium
4.6L, 3V V8 engine
5-speed manual transmission

Powertrain:
Custom Stainless exhaust with black chrome tips
Custom Intake Manifold and valve covers by Chad Ricks at “The Kandy Shop”
Paxton supercharger kit
Custom CPR Billet aluminum fuel rails
Quarter Master low mass clutch and fly wheel

Chassis:
MRT Street Performance suspension package
MRT performance chassis components
Stainless Steel Brakes

Wheels & Tires:

New BBH Black Chrome Wheels

Aggressive Pirelli tires

Exterior:

Interceptor™ custom front air dam, hood scoop, quarter window louvers, rear spoiler, side mirrors by MRT and Classic Design Concepts
Glass roof by Classic Design Concepts

Auto tint headlights, Grille delete, Rear window louvers and rear defuser by MRT and Visus louvers

Custom body work by Joe Clark, paint by Chad Ricks at “The Kandy Shop”

Interior:

Seating by Sparco

Custom Rear seat and interior packaging by MRT

Custom Interceptor™ gauge package featuring Stewart Warner Gauges

Custom interior materials by TMI

Dynomat acoustic management

Custom MRT Shift knob

Black chrome appointments on instrument panel

Custom shifter and shift knob

Sparco 4 point safety harnesses

Rockford Fosgate audio video system, packaged by MW Designs
Old 01-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Banned

cobra>mrt
Old 01-20-2005, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Zapata
Current Cobra
I am kinda thinking about that now
Old 01-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Contagious

Not sure if you qualify for any of these, but there are incentives on the new mustang.

Might help a little. Still sux that the stealership is being a jerk about things......

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/ford...ives.3.6.Ford*
Old 01-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gdubb
Its up to the deaership if they want to sell it at A-plan, they dont have to. Since she is leaving they are being dicks about alot of things and one thing is the car.
Got my X-plan in writing. As for the 07 Cobra pic below, its photoshopped.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:33 PM

wow, that cobra is nice...def a lot more appealing then the previous gen
Old 01-22-2005, 09:20 PM
go like hell

Originally Posted by gdubb
Well I placed the order on 11/29 and have very,very patient. Girlfriend made a call and found out the car is still 2 weeks away, no biggie. Well the kicker is she is leaving her current dealership for a new one and when the car comes in they will not budge on the sticker price nor will they dealer trade my car. Only IF I want to pay full sticker, and thats not going to happen, I can get it on Feb 4th. So it looks like after this whole waiting time that I will be putting another order for the car I want. I will now be waiting a total of 5 months(probably) for the damn car. Rant ended.........

Good news is that I can save more money for the down payment.
no offence but are you crazy?
150,000 grand for a FORD!!!
even if they agreed to come down 10% and pay tax and title you're still looking at 135,000 out the door.
I would have went with a E55AMG or SLK55AMG(which is very sexy) or the new M5 or even S type R. Plus with the left over paper you could take that E55 or SLK55 and put headers,pipe, CAI,stereo/DVD system and a nice set of rims on it.
yes in raw speed the GT a beast but Ford just doesn't have the image for 150 grand machine.
I think the GT will be a short lived machine because it will cost so much to build to the amount sold the ratio will be way out of wack.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:23 PM
go like hell

BTW:the new GT just got recalled for "possible suspenion failure" for 150 grand car they better provide me with a limo while they fix it.
F--KING Ford will never get it.
for 150 grand they better get everything right the first time.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I read that's a fake, although I hear is close to what the Cobra will look like.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Water-S
no offence but are you crazy?
150,000 grand for a FORD!!!
even if they agreed to come down 10% and pay tax and title you're still looking at 135,000 out the door.
I would have went with a E55AMG or SLK55AMG(which is very sexy) or the new M5 or even S type R. Plus with the left over paper you could take that E55 or SLK55 and put headers,pipe, CAI,stereo/DVD system and a nice set of rims on it.
yes in raw speed the GT a beast but Ford just doesn't have the image for 150 grand machine.
I think the GT will be a short lived machine because it will cost so much to build to the amount sold the ratio will be way out of wack.
WTF are you talking about? He is talking about getting a 2005 Mustang GT. BTW you should read up about the history of the Ford GT40 then come back here and say the Ford GT has no image.

Originally Posted by Water-S
BTW:the new GT just got recalled for "possible suspenion failure" for 150 grand car they better provide me with a limo while they fix it.
F--KING Ford will never get it.
for 150 grand they better get everything right the first time.
Check how many recalls Ferrari has. The Ferrari 360 Modena alone had eight recalls and five in the first year in production.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:03 PM
EVO IX MR

1. Wait till at least the 2nd production year of the Mustang, never buy a car the 1st year it comes out w/ major changes, they will eliminate a lot of the bugs the 2nd year after they find them in the 1st production year. Find another dealer and/or get shit in writing.

2. There is no way it will cost only 30,000 for a new Cobra in 07. I'd say closer to 40,000.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 2003type-s6
1. Wait till at least the 2nd production year of the Mustang, never buy a car the 1st year it comes out w/ major changes, they will eliminate a lot of the bugs the 2nd year after they find them in the 1st production year. Find another dealer and/or get shit in writing.
If he's going to have to wait five months he should just wait a few more months until the 2006 comes out.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2003type-s6

2. There is no way it will cost only 30,000 for a new Cobra in 07. I'd say closer to 40,000.

I have given that some major thought.... I just keep getting drawn to this car, and since I get my girl's discount it seems that the timing is right..
Old 01-23-2005, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by DownUnder
If he's going to have to wait five months he should just wait a few more months until the 2006 comes out.

the 5 months wil be the combined total wait since I will have to reorder the car. If I had to 5 months for this, then yes I would wait for the 06 model.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Banned

gdubb...for that car id wait, if u wanna go ahead and get a 04 SVT Cobra, I cant blame u either, personally im shooting for an 01 Bullitt Right now myself

Quick Reply: Found out bad news about my 05 GT order