Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 10:45 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Factory Performance Package for RSX-S '03

www.acuranews.com
www.vtec.net

Acura To Offer Factory Performance Package for RSX Type-S

Cleveland, Ohio 07/11/2002 -- Acura will offer its first Factory Performance package for the RSX Type-S at dealerships nationwide beginning in early 2003, the company announced today.
The Factory Performance package features track-tuned shocks and springs that lower the car by approximately one inch. These shocks and springs combined with lightweight aluminum alloy wheels, 17-inch high performance tires, slotted brake rotors and performance brake pads give the RSX Type-S razor sharp handling, reduced body roll, increased cornering grip and enhanced braking performance. A rear wing spoiler, an under-body spoiler kit and an interior trim package featuring a Factory Performance shift knob and badging, give the car an aggressive, high performance look.

"Since the RSX Type-S is already so popular with the performance enthusiast market, it gives us the perfect opportunity to launch this exciting collection of factory high performance components," said Stony Furutani, manager of accessory marketing. "An RSX owner can now build a pure Acura performance vehicle with no compromises and without voiding the factory warranty on their car."

The Factory Performance package will have an MSRP of $4,800 plus installation. While Acura offers a wide range of dealer installed accessories, the introduction of the RSX Type-S Factory Performance package marks the first time Acura will offer a comprehensive high performance kit to be installed by dealers and covered under a factory warranty.

"The warranty coverage alone makes buying the Factory Performance package a smart move versus buying aftermarket parts," explained Furutani. "And since it includes only genuine Acura parts, you know you're getting the same high level of quality as the rest of your vehicle."

The RSX Type-S Factory Performance package will include:

High performance, track-tuned shocks and springs
Slotted brake rotors and performance brake pads
Lightweight 17x7.5 inch alloy wheels
High performance tires (225/45VR17)
Factory performance rear wing spoiler
Under-body spoiler kit
Metallic look interior trim kit
Factory Performance shift knob
Factory Performance badging

Old 07-12-2002, 10:49 AM
JOE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why the HELL can't Acura do the same with the CL???? And they wonder why sales have been drastically declining for the CL.. What is it going to take for Acura to get off of their dumb asses and do something like this for the CL brand????
Old 07-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by JOE
Why the HELL can't Acura do the same with the CL???? And they wonder why sales have been drastically declining for the CL.. What is it going to take for Acura to get off of their dumb asses and do something like this for the CL brand????

They will Wait the introductin of of whatever sport coupe they come out with in a few years. I'm just as upset as you but hopefully the new car whatever it is wil have a true sports coupe design with the engine behind the axle, stick, IMA.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

$4800 is bit over priced for $25K car. Maybe I will buy this pack for the invoice price of $3000

What a sec, its for the RSX
Old 07-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Old timer

That's really cool! Here's hoping it sells well so they get the balls to offer ENGINE performance mods in the future.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Racer

Over priced for bodykit, wheels, springs, shocks, brakes...

We all can add this to our cars for less !

Dealers always trying to rip off the consumers... I guess they have to make money somehow...
Old 07-12-2002, 11:01 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by CharlesNguyen
Over priced for bodykit, wheels, springs, shocks, brakes...

We all can add this to our cars for less !

Dealers always trying to rip off the consumers... I guess they have to make money somehow...
Well remember there are always people who don't want to deal with modding their car themselves and would be willing to just buy that package from the factory. Plus it would all be 100% warrantied.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:04 AM
JOE
Instructor

I almost feel like Acura is spitting in the face of everyone who bought a CL... Acura is almost saying that if people want factory mods or performance options that you need to get an RSX.. What the hell is that?? Not to offend anyone who has an RSX but I feel like I would be downgrading if I decided to go with an RSX. Zapata, you said wait a few years and hopefully Acura will come out with something much sportier.. I'm not going to hold my breath.. I'm already looking into getting the G35 coupe because Infiniti treats their cars right... If it's a sports coupe then offer all the goodies so that customers can decide what options they want... I've already spent good money on my CLS and sorry if I sound pissed or impatient but there should be factory options available for us CL owners NOW!
Old 07-12-2002, 11:11 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by JOE
I almost feel like Acura is spitting in the face of everyone who bought a CL... Acura is almost saying that if people want factory mods or performance options that you need to get an RSX.. What the hell is that?? Not to offend anyone who has an RSX but I feel like I would be downgrading if I decided to go with an RSX. Zapata, you said wait a few years and hopefully Acura will come out with something much sportier.. I'm not going to hold my breath.. I'm already looking into getting the G35 coupe because Infiniti treats their cars right... If it's a sports coupe then offer all the goodies so that customers can decide what options they want... I've already spent good money on my CLS and sorry if I sound pissed or impatient but there should be factory options available for us CL owners NOW!
Well, i want the factory mods as well but with sales in the tank like they are now it's not going to happen.

G35 coupe go for it. Remains to be seen how the interior will be....I can't stand the design of the ass. Seems like a nice car

I just hope Acura will learn from the RSX and S2000 when a new luxo-sport coupe is introduced.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:29 AM
JOE
Instructor

The main reason why I have kept my car stock was the slim chance that Acura would decide to offer factory perfomance options for the CL. I guess my prayers to the Acura God's will never be answered.. I guess I could do what a lot of you guys on this board have done and mod the car myself but I wouldn't have minded spending extra for factory performance options. Plus, as someone already pointed out it would be fully covered by Acura's warranty..

I love my CLS but hate the way it's being treated by Acura.. Hmm, maybe if Acura's management department was overhauled like Infiniti's we would be sitting on a CL with AWD and 300 HP!!
Old 07-12-2002, 11:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Goto to love this quote

Factory Performance shift knob
Factory Performance badging
Performance should be headers, intake etc
Not body kits spoliers, & stickers,
Old 07-12-2002, 11:37 AM
trying to get a lil V-I

wow....that doesn't look bad at all (minus the spoiler). Although it seems a bit pricy, when you break down all the separate parts + labor it doesn't seem too bad.

here's my guestimate:

High performance, track-tuned shocks and springs ($700 - $850)
Slotted brake rotors and performance brake pads ($500 - $700)
Lightweight 17x7.5 inch alloy wheels ($800 - $1000)
High performance tires (225/45VR17) ($600)
Factory performance rear wing spoiler ($400)
Under-body spoiler kit ($700 - $800)
Metallic look interior trim kit ($200)
Factory Performance shift knob ($50)
Factory Performance badging ($50)

Total of: $4000 - $4650 for parts only....

If aftermarket labor is calculated in, it would go up probably another $500.

I'm no "professional acura service manager" so these prices are not accurate...only a guess using the knowledge of aftermarket parts i have purchased in the past.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:48 AM
Old timer

Yup, btw, it's VERY logical for the RSX to get this package - it's the little sporty car in Acura's line up. It's the new Integra. There is much more of an enthusiast crowd with that car than ours. 75% of people that buy a CL never touch it. You know - you see them on the road - stock 4x4 CLs. :-\

Just like there is already a couple companies working on turbo kits for the RSX and surely Comptech is researching a supercharger for it.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:02 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
So basically it's a RSX Type R without the engine.

That car is going to be $27-$28k with all that stuff. Seems like too much.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:03 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Originally posted by chikai
wow....that doesn't look bad at all (minus the spoiler). Although it seems a bit pricy, when you break down all the separate parts + labor it doesn't seem too bad.

here's my guestimate:

Lightweight 17x7.5 inch alloy wheels ($800 - $1000)

Is that the actual package pictured? Those wheels are Yokohama Kreuzers, correct? I think they will set you back $2000 easy.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:12 PM
Suzuka Master

for some reasons engineers at acura think VR are performance tires.

but good for the RSX-S. May be comptech will move in house or somehting like AMG
Old 07-12-2002, 01:11 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

If nothing else, why the F*** wouldn't Acura at least give us 7.5 inch wheels so we wouldn't have all these G** D*** problems putting tires on our car?

Overall, though, good for the RSX. That will really make it kick some serious ass in the sport compact comparisons.

But at what price? 30,000 dollars for a boy racer is a lot of cash.

Not to mention, the RSX still looks like someone smashed it and made it about 8 inches shorter than it should be.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:16 PM
I love my G sedan

They should change the logo on the rims to Acura logo.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:23 PM