View Poll Results: Would you drive with a revoked license(read post please)
Yes, only drive to work
11.69%
Yes, drive to work and grocery store
11.69%
No, not drive AT ALL
76.62%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Driving with a revoked license

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow. You are far too young to have that kind of driving record. I suggest you do right by the law and not drive while your license is revoked. If you do, you are begging for yet another violation. Just follow the rules and shape up. Clearly, it is time to start being smarter about the decisions you make.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
For one thing, fight the tickets

Another thing, when fighting them, if its excessive points that is messing you up at this point, see if they can give you a restricted licensing so you can at least drive the car to and from work between certain hours of the day.

Oh, and slow the fock down!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
I'm sorry I might have missed this but why don't you take the damn bus.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
you apply for a special permit or driving exception I believe...not sure how it works with a revoked license...but its the shit for people with DUIs who get special permission to ONLY drive to and from work.

Other wise...tough titty...take a cab.

You got your license taken away for a reason. Driving with a revoked license is even more illegal then your speeding tickets.

Pick up a used 50cc scooter or something. They usually do not require a license for operation. Sell it in the summer after your 6 months is up.

Otherwise, take a cab or carpool. You fucked up, now deal with the consequences the right way. Fucking youth of America today
Old 12-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by greco9885
Would you drive with a revoked license? My license is getting revoked for atleast 6months because 3 speeding tickets(82/55, 73/55, 38/35...dont even get me started on that speeding ticket).

With my job I know alot of cops, i do security at a club. I have been pulled over 3 times by them on my way home, 2x i knew them, the other time i said where i worked and he let me go after just looking at my license. Im just alittle nervous about it because if i get caught this will be my 2nd offense of driving with a suspend/revoked. The first time i was charged with a misdemeanor(3rd degree), but it was reduced to a simple violation. 2nd time is a misdemeanor(2nd degree) also, and i doubt i will get it reduced to a violation again.
Would you chance it under these circumstances:
Drive to work: 8 minutes one way
Never drive drunk
Friendly with majority of cops(since i work at the front door and deal with them regularly, some of them even bring me coffee.
Dont speed or run red lights, but i have no front plate and tinted windows
If you know a lot of cops then they must know you have a revoked license. They also would know what you look like and what car you drive.

You been pulled over already for driving with a suspended license? Man you got lucky that time, i wouldnt chance it again!!

I dont get how you got 3 tickets if you "know so many cops". Do you know the local cops only and got tickets by state police?

Buy a friend at work to drive you.

I used to drive on a suspended license too. This was many years ago though and i did it carefully. Funny thing is that i drove cautiously for 3 months, dead stop at every sign and red lights, used all my turn signals, followed all the laws to the "T". Then I got my license back and still drove that way since i was used to it.Some good came out of it i guess.

Not saying that was a good reason to do it. Just dont come back bitching if you get pulled over AGAIN and have your license suspended even longer.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not allowed to get a restricted use license because you are allowed 1 every 3 years and i had to get one 2 summers ago because my job was far away. Like others said Long Island public transportation sucks. I pretty much fucked my self driving wise a year-2 years ago. lol I would never come back on here saying f the police because they got a job to do and its not their fault I fucked up, its mine. The hardest part is getting to work, i can get a ride home very easily. I'm not going to drive. I can't fight the tickets because they are already done with. And the last ticket I got part of the plea deal states, I can not appeal this ruling. Six months really isnt that long of a time. Oh well we will see
Old 12-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
If you know a lot of cops then they must know you have a revoked license. They also would know what you look like and what car you drive.

You been pulled over already for driving with a suspended license? Man you got lucky that time, i wouldnt chance it again!!

I dont get how you got 3 tickets if you "know so many cops". Do you know the local cops only and got tickets by state police?

Buy a friend at work to drive you.

I used to drive on a suspended license too. This was many years ago though and i did it carefully. Funny thing is that i drove cautiously for 3 months, dead stop at every sign and red lights, used all my turn signals, followed all the laws to the "T". Then I got my license back and still drove that way since i was used to it.Some good came out of it i guess.

Not saying that was a good reason to do it. Just dont come back bitching if you get pulled over AGAIN and have your license suspended even longer.
I know the cops because they always stop by at work, they do not know what car i drive. I know Suffolk county police, and I was caught in Nassau county. I do have a few PBA cards but some cops just dont care about them. When i got caught driving with a suspended, it was crazy, no pba card in the world would of helped me, i showed them to the guy and he just threw them. That cop must of had a shitty day cause he took it all out on me, and he damaged my door on my truck. I do not plan on bitching if i get caught, I just wanted peoples opinions and to see if anyone did it before.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:44 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Not allowed to get a restricted use license because you are allowed 1 every 3 years and i had to get one 2 summers ago because my job was far away. Like others said Long Island public transportation sucks. I pretty much fucked my self driving wise a year-2 years ago. lol I would never come back on here saying f the police because they got a job to do and its not their fault I fucked up, its mine. The hardest part is getting to work, i can get a ride home very easily. I'm not going to drive. I can't fight the tickets because they are already done with. And the last ticket I got part of the plea deal states, I can not appeal this ruling. Six months really isnt that long of a time. Oh well we will see
Good choice. We all believe you.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
:shakehead
Old 12-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
I know the cops because they always stop by at work, they do not know what car i drive. I know Suffolk county police, and I was caught in Nassau county. I do have a few PBA cards but some cops just dont care about them. When i got caught driving with a suspended, it was crazy, no pba card in the world would of helped me, i showed them to the guy and he just threw them. That cop must of had a shitty day cause he took it all out on me, and he damaged my door on my truck. I do not plan on bitching if i get caught, I just wanted peoples opinions and to see if anyone did it before.
Um, OR he was just pissed that you were driving on a suspended license and trying to get out of it.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:03 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
no pba card in the world would of helped me, i showed them to the guy and he just threw them.
Nor should any "card" help you. Maybe you need to own up to your own behaviour and not expect anything or anyone else to get you out of trouble all the time.

That cop must of had a shitty day cause he took it all out on me
Or maybe cops are tired of people like you who don't learn from the first time...or second....and continue to repeat the same irresponsible behaviour with the same lame excuses.

I just wanted peoples opinions and to see if anyone did it before.
Why does it matter what anyone else has done? If you really wanted to take responsibility for yourself and your actions, you'd already know what you need to do. The fact that you even question what you should do shows you still haven't learned and just don't "get it."

EDIT: Crazy beat me to it.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Drifting

no see, heres the short version of that stop:
approached me in car when gun drawn, 4 cop cars surrounding me. i was accused of vandalizing a house, which is complete bullshit. slammed my car doors repeatedly when i wouldnt tell him i vandalized property because i didnt. threw me up against my own car repeatedly. and then thats it. he let me go without arresting me because he found the pba cards in my wallet when he searched threw it, and he technically assaulted me and damaged my property.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:56 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
I'm not going to flame you but try to give you some wisdom from the experience that comes with time.

It is NOT worth it - trust me, I know. Everyday, you'll get more and more paranoid; always worried that something will go wrong - pulled over, fender bender, whatever.

Don't do it. You WILL get caught (sooner or later). Everytime you get caught, the hole gets deeper.

Here is what you need to do:

- Find a new lawyer. One that will work with you and the court;
- Get your shit together; pay unpaid tickets, etc;
- Have the lawyer work with you to clean up the mess you've made and try to get either driving privledges to/from work OR a re-instatement of your license or a probationary re-instatement;
- Straighten up and drive right.

Yes, it'll cost more than you want/can afford to pay. That's the price for F'ng up and learning a lesson. A *good* lawyer will work with you to get you back on track AND work out a payment plan with you.

NOW is the time; you know what's right and what's wrong. Do the right thing and get your act together.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Looking for the check box, "Ignore all laws I don't like".
Old 12-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
I'm not going to flame you but try to give you some wisdom from the experience that comes with time.

It is NOT worth it - trust me, I know. Everyday, you'll get more and more paranoid; always worried that something will go wrong - pulled over, fender bender, whatever.

Don't do it. You WILL get caught (sooner or later). Everytime you get caught, the hole gets deeper.

Here is what you need to do:

- Find a new lawyer. One that will work with you and the court;
- Get your shit together; pay unpaid tickets, etc;
- Have the lawyer work with you to clean up the mess you've made and try to get either driving privledges to/from work OR a re-instatement of your license or a probationary re-instatement;
- Straighten up and drive right.

Yes, it'll cost more than you want/can afford to pay. That's the price for F'ng up and learning a lesson. A *good* lawyer will work with you to get you back on track AND work out a payment plan with you.

NOW is the time; you know what's right and what's wrong. Do the right thing and get your act together.
i paid all the tickets/fine. its just revoked cause of speeding tickets. i have straighted up, the last time i got pulled over when i was actually breaking the law was a year ago. its not the court that revoked it, it is the DMV. money isnt the thing, its just there is nothing i can do.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
dont drive

just dont drive illegally

period
Old 12-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't do it...your life is over if you get caught.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Don't do it, it's not worth the risk. Do the time and in the mean time, get a scooter or get a nice bike and ride to work.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
OP- it's people like you that keep people like me in business.

Take the advice given here- don't drive. Cab it or call a friend/family member.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:31 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq

what do you do?

and my vote goes toward not driving

and maybe you can put up an ad on craigslist saying you need a ride from A to B and see if anyone goes that way at the same time
Old 12-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
driving on revoked = ass rape by insurance company when you get reinstated........

They will

Tow your car
Take you to jail

and then you will have to pay the big ass fees that go with that.........

lol but since OP has no common sense, let him get ass raped.......
Old 12-24-2008, 12:36 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by UNCONQUERED
Princelybug?

Are you serious?

You would DRIVE to work with a suspended license?

Aren't the 10 Commandments your Avatar?

Wouldn't BREAKING THE LAW violate at least one of those 10 Commandments?

WOW! I didn't expect the "Religious One" to reccommend violating the law.

Impressive Testimony.
Hey bro, I think you are misinterpreting my response. If you go to court, they will actually allow you the ability to drive strictly to and from work. That's all I meant. By all means, a suspended license, is a suspended license.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:41 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts

Originally Posted by TommySalami
what do you do?

esq = Esquire.

My guess: gg is a lawyer. i.e. gg, ESQ.

Just a guess.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:43 AM
Drifting

is it possible i can get another restricted use license then?

Originally Posted by princelybug
Hey bro, I think you are misinterpreting my response. If you go to court, they will actually allow you the ability to drive strictly to and from work. That's all I meant. By all means, a suspended license, is a suspended license.
i very highly doubt the traffic court system overrides the DMV
Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
^^^I don't know how it works exactly, whether it's the DMV or the courts, or a combination of both, but I'm pretty sure that you can get work>home, home>work driving privileges somehow.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:21 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by princelybug
^^^I don't know how it works exactly, whether it's the DMV or the courts, or a combination of both, but I'm pretty sure that you can get work>home, home>work driving privileges somehow.
usually u can, but i had a restricted use license already. and the dmv revoked it, not the court system
Old 12-24-2008, 06:14 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
if youre being punished it means you have something to learn. why skip out on your lesson and risk a more severe penalty? take the bus. pay the taxi. 16 bucks a day is part of your penalty. Man up to it and accept your responsibility.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
is it possible i can get another restricted use license then?

Sorry- I can't give you any legal advice because I dont know NY laws.

In Florida- the answer would be a no.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:16 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
my daughter had her license suspended in NJ for 6 months-She could not get a restricted license in Jersey (they are no longer given out) She works about 6 miles-she has walked there, rode a bike or received rides from co-workers. I am sure you can find a way if you really tried. DO NOT DRIVE
Old 12-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Lovely thread.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
do what you have to do... I personally won't recommend driving again.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TzarChasm
Also, I don't know how it works in NY but I don't know that your insurance is going to cover you if you are driving illegally........If you get into a major accident, you will be paying for it for the rest of your life. Don't ruin your whole life because of your immaturity now.
+1 ^^^

Having a valid license is a condition for being insured. If you have an accident your insurance company won't pay off a dime and you will be on the hook for the whole thing; damages to both cars, medical, etc.. And the state will likely have something to say to you.

It's a PIA but be smart and walk.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm from Pennsylvania and got a first offense DUI. I'll be losing my license for 60 days. It will be tempting to drive during that time, being as I'm 8 miles from work and live in a small town with no public transportation. However, get caught and it's 60 to 90 days in jail, an additional 1 year suspension, and get ARD revoked, which means get prosecuted for the DUI which would mean 72 hours to 6 months in jail and a 1 year license suspension. Basically I'd be fucked, so I'll be riding bike. I'm not sure how New York laws work, but there's plenty of public transportation in and around New York City. You guys say Long Island sucks for that, so I have no idea, but might as well make it easier on yourself and obey all laws. I know I fucked up once and I ain't fucking up again.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Long Island ... I'm stunned.

Definitely drive. I'd speed as much as possible. In fact, do donuts in the local police barracks parking lot.

Anything to get you off the road.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:12 PM
:( Harminder Is Lost In

Get a bike.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Banned

I wouldn't...
Old 03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
wow grecco,
next time I should give you an asswhopping personally

bro, dont drive....think about it in the long run...what if you lose your license permanently..now what?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:46 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
guess you won't be at march 22nd
Old 03-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i knew a few guys in college that got DUIs and still needed to get to school/work

they bought scooters/ those mini 49cc motorbikes where they don't count as a motor vehicle. Not sure if they have the same laws in NY, but could be an option if work isn't TOO far.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:13 AM
HOME SWEET HOME....

go to the judge let them know that ur only means of transportation to your job and for ur elderly(enter relative), to see if u can get it restricted, if u cant do that, nassau county jail, and suffolk county jail will def have some nice warm beds for u. count your blessings that you got out of/avoided other tickets because u knew the officers. u wont always be that lucky so i wouldnt press my luck.

Quick Reply: Driving with a revoked license