Does this GS-R look ok to you all or does something seem of

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 04:29 PM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does this GS-R look ok to you all or does something seem of

I know this forum is more for the modern Acuras, but I more just need people with good eyes for body work and such.

I'm planning on going out to look at an Integra tomorrow and was wondering if some of you could take a look at the Craigslist listing and let me know if there's any red flags or something i should take a closer look at.
I have a friend that works a lot on hondas so luckily i have some good backup too.
https://yakima.craigslist.org/ctd/d/...454075732.html

Funny enough, while trying to pull up more info on this car, i found that there was a NP/CP article about it on Jalopnik: https://jalopnik.com/at-4-433-would-...s-r-1820249834

Based on what people are saying in the comments, looks like there's some discrepancies with:
  • The paint on the rear driver side door and that rear panel, but looking at pictures that are from different angles it looks fine.
  • Bumpers potentially having some weird fitment and paint
  • Inside looks hella armourall'd
  • Engine Bay looks too clean, like it was pressure washed
  • "Underhood shot suspiciously doesn’t show front end structure."
General consensus on there seems to be that it's increasingly hard to find an unmolested GS-R nowadays, and if it can be bought in the mid-low $3k then it would be worth it.

I've looked all over my area, and finding a GS-R with a clean title is hard, basically all over 5.5k .
I really want one of the later year ones with the Leather, power windows, and as stock as possible. This is one of the 3 GS-R's within 200 miles that fits the bill.
Since it's out in Yakima they'd be having a hard time selling it, hence why the price has dropped from $4,433 to $3999.

Here's the carfax report for it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1smm...ew?usp=sharing
Old 01-10-2018, 07:57 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
omg looking at that interior reminded me of my '94 Integra LS. Completely forgot what it looked like lol. Those 4 doors look so weird (mine was a 2 door).

Def some rear bumper damage.
Engine bay does look really clean for a car that old.
Puke stains on carpet flooring

I don't give a fk if it is in 'great' condition and it is a GS-R. No way I'd pay 4k for a car that old. You can buy an '05 TL in just as good condition for less.

Last edited by imj0257; 01-10-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Other than what you already mentioned, front end looks to be repaired, newish bumper (non-matching paint), and non-oem looking headlights. The radiator and components toward the front of the car look new.

The carpets being stained are probably from water getting into the interior:
. The rest of the interior looks clean. I'd have it put on a lift to check out the exhaust. They're notorious for rusting out. I recently replaced mine, luckily I was able to separate it from the catalytic converter and just had to buy a cat-back replacement.

I currently have an 01 GS Coupe as my daily beater.

Someone posted this great GS-R in another thread the other day...
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd...421347022.html
Old 01-11-2018, 07:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
It does look like it's in pretty good shape for a 19 year old car, not perfect but way above average especially for an integra. One thing I liked about the integra is that they are so plain and simple and very easy to work.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:04 AM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakes_tl
It does look like it's in pretty good shape for a 19 year old car, not perfect but way above average especially for an integra. One thing I liked about the integra is that they are so plain and simple and very easy to work.
See that's what I'm thinking, I understand that theres something to be said about these things that are pointed out, and i think that they make sense and it's something I should make sure to take a closer look at.

But the fact of the matter is, I just can't find many GS-Rs in my area that aren't all beaten up or really modified. Most have a salvage title or something too.

Compared to those, this is fairly clean, and tbh this is going to be my project car, I'll most likely convert the front, add the power folding JDM mirrors, get it professionally painted and probably replace the carpet.

With all that in mind, as long as theres not something terribly wrong with it, I'll probably buy it, and I'll probably be able to talk down the price.

Wish me luck!
Old 01-11-2018, 10:32 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
It looks like one of the rear doors has been repainted... and the dealership did it's best NOT to show that side of the car. I'd be suspicious of the lot this car is on. They're just trying to cash in and run.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
But then again.. those B18C engines are bulletproof. Guaranteed it burns oil like crazy, though. At 200k miles, I'm betting this thing goes through a quart of oil, every 1000km (~620 miles). That's not to say the engine will fail any time soon... but it means you've lost a bit of compression and horsepower. B series engines are notorious for consuming oil. However, I've seen plenty of B Series engines with similar, or higher mileage, that would hit VTAK all day, errrrday, without issue.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
k-swap it... /endthread