Common sense question about wheel balancing

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Common sense question about wheel balancing

Ok so I recently got new wheels for my explorer. I took them to NTB to get my current tires taken off the stock wheels and put on these new gloss black wheels. So the first time I got them mounted the wheel company sent me lugnuts that were too short and the front two wheels ended up coming loose and damaging them and the studs. So I got replacement wheels from the company and NTB agreed to cover remounting. So now to my real reason for this. The first time they mounted the wheels they used the inside stick on weights, which were fine. The second guy who mounted them used the outer clamp on style weights, which look horrible in my opinion. So I called to complain and they guy said it was my fault for not asking for the other weights even though I never had to request them the first time. Im thinking they installer should have noticed they wheels he was taking off had the other type of weights and so did the rears . In fact if there are two options good customer service would say you ask which kind the customer prefers.
Anyway is it just me?

Here is a pic from the first time they mounted them.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:24 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
The way we used to do it...if they came in with the clamp on weights they left with the clamp on weights. If I had to unstick weights, I stuck them back on. That is weird they switched them without asking.