Cobra Vs CL65 Vid

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember too that that Mercedes is stock with a four year/ fifty thousand mile warranty as opposed to that heavily modified Ford. And also, the Mercedes has the potential for much more torque, but the transmission cannot tolerate all the power.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Pit Stop?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FastAcura
As you can see in the German review, the FI 700 lb/ft tq engine lost to that one.

So no, I'd be yelling "My 5L NA V10 beat your Supercharged 5.5L V8"
The CLS55 AMG DOES NOT HAVE 700 lb/torque! I'm not sure where you got that number from but it's wrong. At the most it would have 516, since that is the number for the SL600, and they wouldn't want it stepping on that cars toes.

As for the E55 versus a Viper (who thought of THAT comparison?), there is no replacement for displacement. It takes Dodge 8.3L to make 500HP, while it only takes 5L for Mercedes to make the same number, sure it has forced induction, but that wouldn't make up for a THREE litre difference.

As for a Cobra VS the CL65 AMG, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't care WHO beat me, I'm rolling around in a $175,000 coupe, so I could give a fuck less about what passes me while accelerating.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Old 12-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Minch00
As for the E55 versus a Viper (who thought of THAT comparison?), there is no replacement for displacement. It takes Dodge 8.3L to make 500HP, while it only takes 5L for Mercedes to make the same number, sure it has forced induction, but that wouldn't make up for a THREE litre difference.
The MB engine is 5.5L, and there are forced induction Viper engines making over 1000hp - 2x the HP that the E55 MB makes stock. More than makes up for an almost 3L difference.

My point? Both engines are awesome, but 500hp from a FI 5.5L v8 isn't anything completely special. There are plenty of LS1&6's (5.7L) making well over 500hp with FI as well. It's a great engine, but not groundbreaking.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:16 PM
-S namyaC-

You are talking relatively low boost on the MB too. Up it, and the sky is the limit. The 1000hp Vipers are running serious boost.

Let's not forget the SLR motor either...
Old 12-14-2004, 11:13 PM
///M POWER

those are drag radials on the cobra right??
Old 12-15-2004, 12:24 AM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Minch00
The CLS55 AMG DOES NOT HAVE 700 lb/torque! I'm not sure where you got that number from but it's wrong. At the most it would have 516, since that is the number for the SL600, and they wouldn't want it stepping on that cars toes.
You're right, I just realized that.

To quote the Germans "Noch mehr Drehmoment, naemlich Sieben Hundert Newtonmeter entwickelt der Merzedes"

Their "700 Newtonmeter" isn't the actual lb/ft of torque. I guess they calculate their torque in a different way.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're right, I just realized that.

To quote the Germans "Noch mehr Drehmoment, naemlich Sieben Hundert Newtonmeter entwickelt der Merzedes"

Their "700 Newtonmeter" isn't the actual lb/ft of torque. I guess they calculate their torque in a different way.
ah yes, the Germans have caused your ignorance.... blame it on them...

I being German, don't appreciate that....
Old 12-15-2004, 09:55 AM
I

Originally Posted by SiGGy

Who "blamed it on Germans?" I just said they calculate it differently, I didn't say "it's their fault"

Plus, I hate people who call themselves "German" or "Italian" becuause theyt think it's "cool" but can't even say a sentance in their "own" language. If you were so "German", you would have understood some of that comparison. Maybe you have some German blood in you, but that's it. You're giving the German people a bad name by calling yourself German.

They're nice people.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Who "blamed it on Germans?" I just said they calculate it differently, I didn't say "it's their fault"

Plus, I hate people who call themselves "German" or "Italian" becuause theyt think it's "cool" but can't even say a sentance in their "own" language. If you were so "German", you would have understood some of that comparison. Maybe you have some German blood in you, but that's it. You're giving the German people a bad name by calling yourself German.

They're nice people.

Now you've stepped 1/2 a step away from getting banned.

Ah, speaking from you ass again. I am second generation of my family who came from germany you ass.

I'm 1/2 sweedish and 1/2 german... 2nd gen sweedish & 2nd gen German... very tight nit family.

I also speak mainly northern German fluently (somewhat, I don't use it much anymore because my family is not where I live). But in your ignorance I bet you think german=german=german... When there's major differences in the language between different areas in Germany... it translates differently.

My point was your too stupid to notice the measurement was not in ft/lbs... Europeans (most of the world) work in the metric system... and instead of admitting you were wrong/mis-interpreted the results. You pushed it off in a different direction.

You've been 100% off in this entire thread....

to translate, it would be something like this

"still more torque, indeed the mercedes develops 700 newton meters" (i had to lookup newton in a german dictionary I'm not fam. with that word)

however anyone who took german and payed attention in high school could have translated that. I took spanish. A lot of good that did.

I suggest not posting in this thread anymore if you enjoy these forums...

You stated all sorts of BS, then didnt admit you were wrong
continue to run on hot air since you have been shown wrong by various people in the thread.
Now you continue to act like a kid assuming you know everything, and you insulted my heritage/family.

admit your wrong, say "sorry", And move on...
Old 12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Dude, what is your problem? Why do you turn a car discussion into "one more step and your going to get banned." And it really makes you look stupid trying to say he blamed it on the Germans. Me and you both know he isn't, just looking for more nit picking? Grow up.

One of your other famous escapades...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=supra

Old 12-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cobra with a few bolt ons is a force to be reckoned with
Old 12-15-2004, 05:10 PM
I

Originally Posted by KCPreki11
Dude, what is your problem? Why do you turn a car discussion into "one more step and your going to get banned." And it really makes you look stupid trying to say he blamed it on the Germans. Me and you both know he isn't, just looking for more nit picking? Grow up.

Thank You.

as for him saying "You stated a lot of BS and didn't admit you were wrong"

What does this mean then:

"You're right, I just realized that.

Their "700 Newtonmeter" isn't the actual lb/ft of torque. I guess they calculate their torque in a different way."

Does that mean "The germans are wrong" or does that mean that "I thought they calculated it the same way, which isn't true?"

Anyone could have used Altavia to translate that sentence. It's not "indeed", it's "even". Too bad "indeed", "still" and "even" mean the same thing in German and you have to KNOW German to understand it. I lived 8 years in Germany. I speak German better than English and better than my 1st language. What type of "northern German" do you speak??? I've never heard of "northern German" and I lived right by Berlin, which is in the north. Are you talking about "Hochdeutsch", which probably less than 1% of Germany speaks? Now, I'm not even from the U.S. and I know that this sentence doesn't make any sense "still more torque, indeed the mercedes develops 700 newton meters"

The right translation would be: "Even more torque is what the Mercedes develops, 700 Newton Meters to be exact"

Also, you're a moderator, you're not supposed escalate fights to a different level, you're supposed to stop them. Just because someone doesn't agree with you on the BMW vs. Benz debate, you wanna persuade them by threatening to ban them?

Also, you could have been the bigger man (like all other moderators would have) when I said that I made a mistkake when I misinterpreted Newton meters and thought it means torque. But instead you blamed me and said I blamed it on "the Germans."
Old 12-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Thank You.

as for him saying "You stated a lot of BS and didn't admit you were wrong"

What does this mean then:

"You're right, I just realized that.

Their "700 Newtonmeter" isn't the actual lb/ft of torque. I guess they calculate their torque in a different way."

Does that mean "The germans are wrong" or does that mean that "I thought they calculated it the same way, which isn't true?"

Anyone could have used Altavia to translate that sentence. It's not "indeed", it's "even". Too bad "indeed", "still" and "even" mean the same thing in German and you have to KNOW German to understand it. I lived 8 years in Germany. I speak German better than English and better than my 1st language. What type of "northern German" do you speak??? I've never heard of "northern German" and I lived right by Berlin, which is in the north. Are you talking about "Hochdeutsch", which probably less than 1% of Germany speaks? Now, I'm not even from the U.S. and I know that this sentence doesn't make any sense "still more torque, indeed the mercedes develops 700 newton meters"

The right translation would be: "Even more torque is what the Mercedes develops, 700 Newton Meters to be exact"

Also, you're a moderator, you're not supposed escalate fights to a different level, you're supposed to stop them. Just because someone doesn't agree with you on the BMW vs. Benz debate, you wanna persuade them by threatening to ban them?

Also, you could have been the bigger man (like all other moderators would have) when I said that I made a mistkake when I misinterpreted Newton meters and thought it means torque. But instead you blamed me and said I blamed it on "the Germans."
1st off my "blame if on the germans" was being sarcastic maybe I should have put the after it. If your from germany I'm not sure how you didn't notice the difference between metcis and english systems.

ya, I didn't say I'm a german expert. My translation was pretty good considering I don't write german... it was more to the point you don't always know who your talking too.

There wasn't a disagreement. You said the m5 was faster, it's not. You said their engine technology was better. I agreed N/A to N/A. However MB makes more powerful engines and faster cars... you were wonrg again saying the BMW was faster (again)... I *tired* to get you to compare apples to apples, you didn't want too. I.E. e55 to M5...

Personally insulting is not what i consider part of debating. Nor is ignoring perfect facts presented to you... which you ignored. And they were posted by multiple people...

Plain and simple you fell off your rocker in the discussion. Most people would have said, ya know what.... your right... and moved on. you, no... you just kept at it...

I'm a moderator, blah blah blah. i'm suppose to do this, and do that... NO, I speak what I am thinking... tuff if you dont like it. Complain to someone who cares.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Read above about the germans... it was a sarcastic answer to him not acknowledging he messed up. Like all the other facts he ignored posted in this thread. I was just poking at him displacing blame... it wasn't meant to be taken seriously... however I should have put a winky on it or something....

Famous escapades? stick up your rear. It was a F/I discussion, I brought a manufacturer to the table no one knew about to contend the "supras are gods/unbeatble" comments. where was my ban threat in there? ... explain escapade, please... I was holding an argument about a product no-one had any clue about, and they were way ahead into design over hennessey. Unless your talking about the movement to the "my city is better than your city" discussion. I didn't start that... but i wasn't going to let someone think they lived in the end all be all of racing.. it was a ludacris discussion... there's fast cars everywhere... (probably even alaska.. LOL) one thing I should have done was stopped when he said "given the cars are equal power, i think the supra would win"...

I've NEVER banned anyone (well, exluding one person. but i was asked to do it) never even mentioned it prior to this..

Taking my personal stuff and using it against me, or anyone on here is not allowed. period.

And I kept thinking he was talking about the 6.5l engine because he kept saying 700 ft/lbs of torque. So his miscommunication was confusing...

Why don't you find threads where I have helped people... sheesh... and if you really thought what you had to say was going to help me and the board. Why didn't you send a PM and say "dude your not being nice to that guy". Good approch to take...
Old 12-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by joedokes28
Cobra with a few bolt ons is a force to be reckoned with

however that video /w the chipped/pulley/exhaust Cobra against the E55 was wierd. He couldn't take the E55....

Forgot who posted it, but they posted the 1st races and the 2nd follow-up (weeks later) races. Same results...
Old 12-15-2004, 05:43 PM
-S namyaC-

Why don't I book all of us a room at my uncle's bed and breakfast in Deutschland, and we can take his CLS55 (close to E55) and rent a new M5 and have us an old fashioned duel auf der autobahn?
Old 12-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by proaudio22
Why don't I book all of us a room at my uncle's bed and breakfast in Deutschland, and we can take his CLS55 (close to E55) and rent a new M5 and have us an old fashioned duel auf der autobahn?

lol, sounds good to me. Wonder where can you rent a M5 though? (hehe) GF would prolly like the trip besides all the speeding. She'd be white knuckled...

It's only a matter of time before a few mags have E55 to M5 comparisons.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally Posted by proaudio22

der autobahn. nein!!

some real racing.....anybody can be a shift monkey....

Old 12-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Pit Stop?

Mmmmmmmmm............Nurburgring.............:droo l:

13 miles of track, 172 turns.................

A life goal is to drive an Enzo around it
Old 12-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Read above about the germans... it was a sarcastic answer to him not acknowledging he messed up. Like all the other facts he ignored posted in this thread. I was just poking at him displacing blame... it wasn't meant to be taken seriously... however I should have put a winky on it or something.......
You typed that whole paragraph up just for a joke? Long day or what?

I've NEVER banned anyone (well, exluding one person. but i was asked to do it) never even mentioned it prior to this..
Why threaten to ban someone over a discussion?

Taking my personal stuff and using it against me, or anyone on here is not allowed. period...

Why don't you find threads where I have helped people... sheesh... and if you really thought what you had to say was going to help me and the board. Why didn't you send a PM and say "dude your not being nice to that guy". Good approch to take...
What does helping people have to do with this? Of course everyone on here has helped someone in the PAST. I'm not going to keep my opinion of how your acting to myself just because "you've helped someone."
Old 12-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, so many incorrect facts flowing through this thread, and talk about :hijacked:.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

You typed that whole paragraph up just for a joke? Long day or what?

Why threaten to ban someone over a discussion?

What does helping people have to do with this? Of course everyone on here has helped someone in the PAST. I'm not going to keep my opinion of how your acting to myself just because "you've helped someone."
dude, anyway...

this is the "paragraph" is typed.

When he said I shouldn't call myself german I got a little pissed. As I should... who the hell is he to say something like that. The comment was said as a sarcastic joke... albeit I should have told him it was one on the next post, but my anger got the best of me.

The *paragraph* was in regards to calling myself german. At least get your facts right.

90% of what I do on here is helping people. I don't do much else besides post stupid websites in ramblings... Just because you choose to focus on a couple of threads that got out of hand doesn't take away any of what I do here.

In the PAST, as you post your reply I'm helping you. Your on MY servers, and on MY hosting... I've donated (continually) a lot to this site hardware/hosting (neither come cheap) and my time. (luckily not as much since we moved to new servers) While it's soopa's website, he code's everything, manages all the admins/ops/people does just about everythign web related. But I don't expect him or anyone to let me run around like chicken with my head cut-off. Reality is everyone who is passionate about things goes off in wierd routes/tangents occasionally. I dunno maybe you live in boredon and don't get excited over anything...

Your obviously stubborn if you can't see past a few conversations... not to mention if you don't like me then don't respond to my threads and put me on ignore... And maybe realize I've done a lot more to contribute than you think around here... granted I'm passionate about a few things, and very opinionated... I'm at least not doing what your doing, I'm a face value kinda person...
Old 12-16-2004, 10:05 AM
I

Well, sarcasm is not an easy thing to get online. I thought you were trying to start a fight even after I said that I didn't know that Newton Meters does not = Torque. That's why I made the German comment.

Of course I know the difference between the Metric and the English systems, it's just that I wasn't worried about what "Newton Meters" translates into English or what Torque means in German when I was 13 years old.

I'll be in Germany in 2006 for the World Cup, so we can deffinitely take the CLS AMG for a ride
Old 12-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Well, sarcasm is not an easy thing to get online. I thought you were trying to start a fight even after I said that I didn't know that Newton Meters does not = Torque. That's why I made the German comment.

Of course I know the difference between the Metric and the English systems, it's just that I wasn't worried about what "Newton Meters" translates into English or what Torque means in German when I was 13 years old.

I'll be in Germany in 2006 for the World Cup, so we can deffinitely take the CLS AMG for a ride
it's all good. my net etiquette isn't the best....