The cars are 2 different colors
Old 03-25-2006, 07:25 PM
That was uncalled for...

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
Different cars...
Old 03-25-2006, 07:42 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
dumb to bump this thread; there's no way "axis" would make clear wheels.

:troutslap
Old 03-25-2006, 08:04 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
:buzzkill:
Old 03-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think this is the 3rd time the Clear Wheel has been posted as well as other sites. Congrats to the master PS'er. They're real but they don't exist, wah:scooby:

Last edited by heyitsme; 03-25-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Master Graphic Artist

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
it is a clear aluminum. look up transparent aluminum.

This is what I found

"Transparent Aluminum:
according to this recent article entitled "Glass breakthrough," transparent aluminum (or aluminate glass) was created from aluminum oxide. it's stronger than glass and steel."
Wasn't this stuff in Star Trek 4?

Transparent aluminum is a material described in the Star Trek universe which was introduced in the movie Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986). This material was long considered just a work of science fiction; however, there are similar real substances.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:38 AM
Advanced

lo u guys are funny.... the wheels are real assholes....... i seen them and touched them and thats all i got to say ,,,funny thing is we laugh all the time about how u fools come up with these ridiculous ... ideas of what it really is and dude who said he should have done the photoshop then do something even close becaus i haven even see a person try .. would u lik eto see more pics.. anyhow just to let u know thanx for all these posts you just pumping it up for the market...lol just becaus u cant have em there not rea right ? or becaus u cant explain how its done it cant be real.. the fucken internet doesnt tell every product out there!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by PixelHarmony
Wasn't this stuff in Star Trek 4?

Transparent aluminum is a material described in the Star Trek universe which was introduced in the movie Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986). This material was long considered just a work of science fiction; however, there are similar real substances.

Any Star Trek nerd (such as myself) would have known this was BS at the beginning of the thread
Old 04-11-2006, 04:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by KILL4FAYGO
lo u guys are funny.... the wheels are real assholes....... i seen them and touched them and thats all i got to say ,,,funny thing is we laugh all the time about how u fools come up with these ridiculous ... ideas of what it really is and dude who said he should have done the photoshop then do something even close becaus i haven even see a person try .. would u lik eto see more pics.. anyhow just to let u know thanx for all these posts you just pumping it up for the market...lol just becaus u cant have em there not rea right ? or becaus u cant explain how its done it cant be real.. the fucken internet doesnt tell every product out there!!!!!!!
And why should we believe you?
Old 04-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice engrish skittles
Old 04-11-2006, 01:54 PM
CSI
Instructor

I saw one with those rims on yesterday.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Advanced

moderator can u please remove all my posts... this is never gonna get throug people heads..until it breaks the ice and people bust out with it...sorry u think its fake.. why would i come out of knowwhere and bust out a pic nobody has seen befor.. yes theres clear rim pics online that got leaked a while back.. and i just thew out a new one that hasnt been online.. one day you will be believers.. and ur day is coming soon...
Old 04-19-2006, 08:24 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
moderator can u please remove all my posts... this is never gonna get throug people heads..until it breaks the ice and people bust out with it...sorry u think its fake.. why would i come out of knowwhere and bust out a pic nobody has seen befor.. yes theres clear rim pics online that got leaked a while back.. and i just thew out a new one that hasnt been online.. one day you will be believers.. and ur day is coming soon...
how much would one of these wheels cost? I want a set.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:52 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by billlikessuger
The cars are 2 different colors
both are silverstone. the color changes shades in different lighting.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,765 Likes on 804 Posts
All we were doing is hypothesizing on what clearly is a hoax or phenomenon.

You remind me of the kid in the front of the class that can't wait to let everyone know that you know the answer. Owh, Owh, Owh, I know the answer and I'm smart and you're dumb and I touched the clear wheels with my own two dick beaters.

SO WHAT. you act like you invented them.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Safety Car

If you're such the smartass, just get a camera and a current newspaper and take a pics of the car, post them up. But considering you are already so familiar with everything going it would seem you would have pics from numerous angles already to satisfy anyone right? So I should expect pics very soon. Nothing like a jackass pimping a product that doesn't support the engineering limits of the forces applied by the drivetrain. What you and your bois come up with a new clear composite? Because thats what it is. A product that would allow auto companies to stop using steel as their cheapest wheel.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:02 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
U r goin' knowwher becoz thos rimz r fake, sucka.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
looks like the same stuff bank windows are made from, liek that bullet proof shit. I ahve a few slabs of the stuff in my garage, when this local bank went out of business and got rifd of them. Friggin super strong stuff, and damn heavy, but I think it works in this situation. this could be the next big thing, if it isn't patented already. Which company makes the wheels anyhow?
Old 04-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,255 Likes on 5,219 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
Which company makes the wheels anyhow?
and that's the question of the century... I think we need to get Geraldo in here to find the real truth.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:35 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
clear aluminum hahaha
Old 06-22-2006, 06:34 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jiggaman
clear aluminum hahaha
Yeah as if

But i work in the Aluminium and glass trades and i have to say its true

Look up Aluminium Oxynitride
Old 11-03-2006, 11:55 AM
7th Gear

I laugh when I read some people claiming to know the inventor of these wheels; however, when I seen your user name I was LMAO, as it's a dead giveaway for those of us who really know who you are. We know that you know the inventor personally! Of course, I won't give you up but the name is SO you. I still can't get over you using that name!

If you want to lay low and be inconspicious..don't use that name...LMAO

Trust me, he's legit!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Sad to see people blaming this guy for making up stuff when these wheels are real. They were at SEMA this year. Now you owe him a apology.

See below for more pics and info.

Wednesday November 1, 2006 3:41 PM EST - By: Michael Kwan

Car enthusiasts are like kids in a candy shop when they walk into SEMA. It truly is the granddaddy of them all, the absolutely best car show there is. We see some of the craziest innovations there, and today is no different. First, we saw spinners. Then, we saw wheels with LEDs in them. And now, D'Vinci Forgiato has come up with clear wheels. Yes, clear. As in absolutely transparent.

Apparently made of "Lexan or something", they give the appearance that your tire is simply floating around your disc brakes. The reps say that these wheels are just as safe as any other wheel on the market, but I'd imagine it'd be a bit of a pain in the you-know-what to clean out the brake dust. There are also versions available for motorcycles.

You're rolling on dubs? D'Vinci Forgiato is rolling on clear... like deodorant.

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C10295/
Old 11-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
holy hell I want those rims...skeptical people tsk tsk. Technology is always innovating.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
WOW those like niceeee
Old 11-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
wonder how they help keep the brakes cool if the entire wheel looks like a solid plate of lexan.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:40 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by NBP_TSXY
Im going to have to agree with him on this one. Even though I have heard nothing about this, I cant imagine (based on the description) that these things are cheap.

http://www.cartv.com/content/researc...vent/pagenum/1

This is a video inteview with Doug McGoon, the inventor of the rims, talking about his rims. In addition, keep in mind, the price quoted is WHOLE SALE only.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:43 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by CSI
I saw one with those rims on yesterday.
Really? And where was that at?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:46 PM
7th Gear

Cool

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
Sad to see people blaming this guy for making up stuff when these wheels are real. They were at SEMA this year. Now you owe him a apology.

See below for more pics and info.

Wednesday November 1, 2006 3:41 PM EST - By: Michael Kwan

Car enthusiasts are like kids in a candy shop when they walk into SEMA. It truly is the granddaddy of them all, the absolutely best car show there is. We see some of the craziest innovations there, and today is no different. First, we saw spinners. Then, we saw wheels with LEDs in them. And now, D'Vinci Forgiato has come up with clear wheels. Yes, clear. As in absolutely transparent.

Apparently made of "Lexan or something", they give the appearance that your tire is simply floating around your disc brakes. The reps say that these wheels are just as safe as any other wheel on the market, but I'd imagine it'd be a bit of a pain in the you-know-what to clean out the brake dust. There are also versions available for motorcycles.

You're rolling on dubs? D'Vinci Forgiato is rolling on clear... like deodorant.

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C10295/
I just love the way the articles say DVinci came up with them...LOL..no they did not! Doug McGoon did. DVinci may be the name behind them after Doug signed on with them AFTER he invented this rim and patented it.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Breezin
http://www.cartv.com/content/researc...vent/pagenum/1

This is a video inteview with Doug McGoon, the inventor of the rims, talking about his rims. In addition, keep in mind, the price quoted is WHOLE SALE only.

WOW, $2000 per wheel for 22". i guess u can't really put on a price on clear wheels.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:58 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by INSPIRE 32V
WOW, $2000 per wheel for 22". i guess u can't really put on a price on clear wheels.
Once again, that is WHOLE SALE only. I was told before they made their unveiling at SEMA, they would be $10,000.

Doug won 14 trophies for these rims, not too shabby, huh?
Old 11-05-2006, 04:09 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
meh...He owes the world an apology for making wheels.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Yeah, spinners had the same hype surrounding them, untill they knock offs came out and the kids RC cars had them. After that and the patenting lawsuites, everybody dropped them like hotcakes. Maybe this will last a little longer, but it will still be a trend that will go fairly quickly. The key is to come up with something very unique and anticipate the next trend then patent it.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:39 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by rondog
Yeah, spinners had the same hype surrounding them, untill they knock offs came out and the kids RC cars had them. After that and the patenting lawsuites, everybody dropped them like hotcakes. Maybe this will last a little longer, but it will still be a trend that will go fairly quickly. The key is to come up with something very unique and anticipate the next trend then patent it.

True. However, were just an enhancement, so to speak. This is something that has never been developed (invented) before in the rim world. All of the other ones are just...who can make the trendiest, coolest, most desirable design but still it's basic, so to speak. BUT..these are one of a kind. However, you never know how long a trend is going to last. Time will tell. The good thing is they can't make knock offs of these because of the patent.

Believe it or not, originally Doug wasn't into it with money in mind..only to develope a rim for himself due to his idea. However, he decided to patent and market them...alas, along comes DVinci. And DVinci didn't step into the picture until just VERY recently.

My hope is that we don't have a repeat of any deaths like those that occured due to the spinners. Spinners are still hot in certain areas, they have just faded in popularity in different areas.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro

True. However, were just an enhancement, so to speak. This is something that has never been developed (invented) before in the rim world. All of the other ones are just...who can make the trendiest, coolest, most desirable design but still it's basic, so to speak. BUT..these are one of a kind. However, you never know how long a trend is going to last. Time will tell. The good thing is they can't make knock offs of these because of the patent.

Believe it or not, originally Doug wasn't into it with money in mind..only to develope a rim for himself due to his idea. However, he decided to patent and market them...alas, along comes DVinci. And DVinci didn't step into the picture until just VERY recently.

My hope is that we don't have a repeat of any deaths like those that occured due to the spinners. Spinners are still hot in certain areas, they have just faded in popularity in different areas.
How did people die due to spinners?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:35 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by diori
How did people die due to spinners?
People were killing the people and jacking the car for the rims when they were first hot. Seems to happen with a lot of trends...even shoes!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
People were killing the people and jacking the car for the rims when they were first hot. Seems to happen with a lot of trends...even shoes!!!!
too much attention isn't good sometimes.

indeed, those wheels are unique.