Chick in a 3 series Bimmer gets a lesson...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I use my turn signals.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Words: BRAKE CHECK. lol!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Aman
It's not your job to "teach others a lesson", especially on public roads. If anything, it's just aggravating the situation and making it worse for everyone involved. If you have a tailgater, move to the right and let him/her pass you and be on your way, instead of trying to evade them.
Thanks for the lesson mom. I can't control if someone tries to follow me through a corner. Its not my job to limit peoples speed for them. In fact your constant lessons are a bit annoying.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
I don't think you're really in a position to play victim here. You went through a corner faster than than you would in normal situations only to try to get away from her. That was pointless.

If you agree that it isn't your job to limit people's speed for them, why didn't you just move over when you saw somebody tailgating you?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
^cuz its fun.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Sounds more like pointless and dangerous.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Team Owner

I don't think you're really in a position to play victim here. You went through a corner faster than than you would in normal situations only to try to get away from her. That was pointless.

If you agree that it isn't your job to limit people's speed for them, why didn't you just move over when you saw somebody tailgating you?
Who's playing victim? People are free to make their own decisions. I took a corner fast and someone tried to follow, big deal. You don't know the situation, the layout of the streets or anything to make an educated statement. I've been driving on the street and track for 17 years and not a single accident, I don't need a kid telling me how to drive everytime one of these threads come up.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:49 PM

shit, if some one was egging me from behind, i'd do the same as I hate cars.
lose the fuck outta them.

with those sticky tires, and the way matt has set up his car, i bet he could out drive most people.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

If you just moved over, you would've lost them anyways. And IHC said himself the tires were still a bit cold.

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Who's playing victim? People are free to make their own decisions. I took a corner fast and someone tried to follow, big deal. You don't know the situation, the layout of the streets or anything to make an educated statement. I've been driving on the street and track for 17 years and not a single accident, I don't need a kid telling me how to drive everytime one of these threads come up.
Bit more than that, but whatever. Again, why didn't you just switch lanes and let her go about driving aggressively?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
Old 02-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Team Owner

If you just moved over, you would've lost them anyways. And IHC said himself the tires were still a bit cold.

Bit more than that, but whatever. Again, why didn't you just switch lanes and let her go about driving aggressively?
Honestly I'm not even upset. I had just watched Vitor get knocked out when I posted the last one and I was pretty pissed/sad/nauseous.

Anyway, I know the car very well. I know where the limit is when the tires are cold. I go to work at 4:30am every morning when I'm alone on the road so I know the cold limits very well. I have the car setup very well at the limit and these tires give you a ton of feedback and warning when you're exceeding the limit. Even on cold tires I had another 5+mph left in them. When they start to go, the front will start pushing and if you continue it will do a nice 4 wheel drift which my grandmother could control.

I don't know how to say this without sounding arrogant so I'll just say it and hopefully no one will take it the wrong way. Not all of us are equal drivers. From the day I got my license I've had amazing car control. The day I got my license I was drifting perfectly in the family car. I've gotten used to going sideways at 80+mph in the GN. Car control is second nature to me, it's just about the only thing I've ever been naturally good at. I can just jump in friend's cars and drift them perfectly right away with no practice. As arrogant as this sounds I've never screwed up or over corrected. If anyone wants a ride I'll take you sideways through an old abandoned subdivision without going straight once.

I think some people that preach this stuff are less than confidant drivers and driving near the limit seems scary. You can't assume since you don't understand driving at the limit that everyone does not understand it. It's easy and I always leave a huge margin of error just in case there's dirt, water, people, or whatever in the way. I would never drive at 10/10ths on a public street but taking a slow speed corner faster than normal because some dumb girl is a foot off my rear bumper is perfectly acceptable. At this intersection if I lost it at any point around this corner, the only thing to hit is a wall or a pole. There's not even a sidewalk at that point.

Taking a low speed simple corner at a quicker than normal pace is far from dangerous. I take the corner twice a day and many times it's at early morning hours where I can push the limits. Trust me with traffic around I drove it with a huge safety margin.

Now on to the chick... If she wants to follow me that's her problem. I'm not her babysitter. Some people have to learn the hard way. If it was some dude following me I probably would have taken it harder but I do have some compassion since it was a girl. If I wrecked it would be my fault, I would not blame it on the girl that was tailgating me. On the other hand, how could you possibly blame me if she wrecked because she was trying to be a bitch and tailgate me.

I guess the answer to your question of why not let her pass.... First, I was in the right lane already and I could not change lanes not that I would have anyway. The simple answer is because it's fun. I'm not going to let some chick by because she has a bad attitude and there was no where to go anyway. I don't go around looking for trouble but I'm also not a little bitch either.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
To the OP.. this response doesn't apply to you. It was in response to some other posts I read in this thread. Now on to my rant.

What pisses me off is people that play games on the road. If someone is driving fast it doesn't necessarily mean they are driving stupid. Stupid driving is driving 10-40 mph UNDER the speed limit. Drifting across lanes without using turn signals, as one person pointed out that they do frequently (another pointless and dangerous game) and people who text while driving and drift across four lanes of rush hour traffic, sideswipe a pickup in the left lane and send a 20 year old girl to her grave (happened on westbound 264 in Virginia Beach last summer).

I am one of those people who regularly drives faster than normal. I don't rant and rave about people in front of me if they are doing the speed limit. I could care less and I don't go out of my way to get around them as it can potentially endanger those around me. Though it is because of my ability to drive smartly that I've avoided many accidents. Speed doesn't always equate to bad driving. Yeah you might say "what a jackass" and sometimes you might be right depending on whether or not he's doing 100mph and only a few hundred meters from someone's ass, but screwing with people just because they drive FASTER than you? Seriously. Fucking grow up. You aren't law enforcement in your TL or Tahoe. Let law enforcement ENFORCE the laws. They aren't always around when you need them, I know.

However, you become the shitty driver you bitch about so much when you play the games other dumb ass drivers play.

For you that simply drive smartly, quickly and get to where you need to without incident, good on you. This little rant doesn't apply to you.

For those of you watching your rear view mirror for the "faster guy" more than the road in front of you... well, good luck with that and see where it gets you.

Last edited by Tannis; 02-06-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:01 PM

Honestly I'm not even upset. I had just watched Vitor get knocked out when I posted the last one and I was pretty pissed/sad/nauseous.

Anyway, I know the car very well. I know where the limit is when the tires are cold. I go to work at 4:30am every morning when I'm alone on the road so I know the cold limits very well. I have the car setup very well at the limit and these tires give you a ton of feedback and warning when you're exceeding the limit. Even on cold tires I had another 5+mph left in them. When they start to go, the front will start pushing and if you continue it will do a nice 4 wheel drift which my grandmother could control.

I don't know how to say this without sounding arrogant so I'll just say it and hopefully no one will take it the wrong way. Not all of us are equal drivers. From the day I got my license I've had amazing car control. The day I got my license I was drifting perfectly in the family car. I've gotten used to going sideways at 80+mph in the GN. Car control is second nature to me, it's just about the only thing I've ever been naturally good at. I can just jump in friend's cars and drift them perfectly right away with no practice. As arrogant as this sounds I've never screwed up or over corrected. If anyone wants a ride I'll take you sideways through an old abandoned subdivision without going straight once.

I think some people that preach this stuff are less than confidant drivers and driving near the limit seems scary. You can't assume since you don't understand driving at the limit that everyone does not understand it. It's easy and I always leave a huge margin of error just in case there's dirt, water, people, or whatever in the way. I would never drive at 10/10ths on a public street but taking a slow speed corner faster than normal because some dumb girl is a foot off my rear bumper is perfectly acceptable. At this intersection if I lost it at any point around this corner, the only thing to hit is a wall or a pole. There's not even a sidewalk at that point.

Taking a low speed simple corner at a quicker than normal pace is far from dangerous. I take the corner twice a day and many times it's at early morning hours where I can push the limits. Trust me with traffic around I drove it with a huge safety margin.

Now on to the chick... If she wants to follow me that's her problem. I'm not her babysitter. Some people have to learn the hard way. If it was some dude following me I probably would have taken it harder but I do have some compassion since it was a girl. If I wrecked it would be my fault, I would not blame it on the girl that was tailgating me. On the other hand, how could you possibly blame me if she wrecked because she was trying to be a bitch and tailgate me.

I guess the answer to your question of why not let her pass.... First, I was in the right lane already and I could not change lanes not that I would have anyway. The simple answer is because it's fun. I'm not going to let some chick by because she has a bad attitude and there was no where to go anyway. I don't go around looking for trouble but I'm also not a little bitch either.

I've loved watching Vitor fight for many years but after the Sonnen fight, Anderson cemented his p4p rank as the best in the world. It could have went either way last night but definitely glad Vitor was okay after that kick. I mentioned in the MMA thread that a kid (18-20) ate a front kick in the same manner at a local tkd tourney and broke his neck either on the kick or falling back (he was wearing head gear). These guys are definitely built better to absorb damage but it was still a scary moment especially after the medics were stabilizing his head. Vitor will be back.. he was a phenom at a young age and he still is.

In regards to the rest of your post.. You're getting nicer the older you get, you are old enough to be Aman's dad.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Majofo
I've loved watching Vitor fight for many years but after the Sonnen fight, Anderson cemented his p4p rank as the best in the world. It could have went either way last night but definitely glad Vitor was okay after that kick. I mentioned in the MMA thread that a kid (18-20) ate a front kick in the same manner at a local tkd tourney and broke his neck either on the kick or falling back (he was wearing head gear). These guys are definitely built better to absorb damage but it was still a scary moment especially after the medics were stabilizing his head. Vitor will be back.. he was a phenom at a young age and he still is.

In regards to the rest of your post.. You're getting nicer the older you get, you are old enough to be Aman's dad.
That was a scary kick. There was some talk last night of it making the banned list. There aren't a whole lot of UFC fights that get me fired up anymore but I really wanted to see Vitor win this one.

This is way off topic but here's me and Tito and some friends after his fight with Vitor. Notice the dark glasses and this was a very dark club without the flash. He looked like quasimoto. He was drugged out on painkillers that night and only made the appearance because he was required to. He might have won but Vitor beat the hell out of him. I'm the one that looks like I'm staring at that girl but I wasn't lol.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:36 PM

^lol good shit.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:10 PM

Poor tito. Awesome pic.

Tito is the almost like the Brett Favre of MMA.. except Tito has a championship.. lol.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:28 PM
pby
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tannis
To the OP.. this response doesn't apply to you. It was in response to some other posts I read in this thread. Now on to my rant.

What pisses me off is people that play games on the road. If someone is driving fast it doesn't necessarily mean they are driving stupid. Stupid driving is driving 10-40 mph UNDER the speed limit. Drifting across lanes without using turn signals, as one person pointed out that they do frequently (another pointless and dangerous game) and people who text while driving and drift across four lanes of rush hour traffic, sideswipe a pickup in the left lane and send a 20 year old girl to her grave (happened on westbound 264 in Virginia Beach last summer).

I am one of those people who regularly drives faster than normal. I don't rant and rave about people in front of me if they are doing the speed limit. I could care less and I don't go out of my way to get around them as it can potentially endanger those around me. Though it is because of my ability to drive smartly that I've avoided many accidents. Speed doesn't always equate to bad driving. Yeah you might say "what a jackass" and sometimes you might be right depending on whether or not he's doing 100mph and only a few hundred meters from someone's ass, but screwing with people just because they drive FASTER than you? Seriously. Fucking grow up. You aren't law enforcement in your TL or Tahoe. Let law enforcement ENFORCE the laws. They aren't always around when you need them, I know.

However, you become the shitty driver you bitch about so much when you play the games other dumb ass drivers play.

For you that simply drive smartly, quickly and get to where you need to without incident, good on you. This little rant doesn't apply to you.

For those of you watching your rear view mirror for the "faster guy" more than the road in front of you... well, good luck with that and see where it gets you.
Finally, a post from someone with an IQ > 100. Too bad you have to share the road with the remaining 50% of the population.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Ultra Negro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Meh I don't play games with the stupids on the street/highways, I usually let them go buy so I can film them messing up or crashing and calling the police telling what I have seen and what not.

Like when we got the huge snow storm here in chicago I was on my way home from downtown to the south suburbs and this guy is in the left lane doing 75 when there is only 2 lanes that can see pavement, I immediately said, that guy is going to spin out, it was goldish colored Chevy Caprice the round body style, and sure enough at about 73rd street one of his wheels hit some clean pavement and he went clear across all five lanes of traffic on 90/94...SIDEWAYS., thank goodness he never hit anyone, i think he was about 5 feet from hitting a 18 wheelers trailer and it was the garbage trailer too, that would have been nasty.

Just let the stupids kill themselves, Survival of the smartest.

Last edited by OperationDarkie; 02-06-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Whether or not you choose to drive "near the limit" on public streets doesn't say anything about your confidence or fear. I'd be willing to bet Tanner Foust doesn't drive near the limit all the time on the street, but I'd never say he's scared of it, or that he's "less than confident" at all. They're completely unrelated.

You can't try to "teach someone a lesson" then try to brush your hands off. If you believed you weren't her babysitter, you wouldn't have done anything out of ordinary in the first place, no?

I'm not saying you should be blamed for what she did, just saying there was a much, much better way to handle the situation.

You could've just said it was impossible to let her pass in the first place

As for the second part about your paragraph, not adding fuel to the fire isn't being a little bitch, the opposite in fact. But whatever, I guess you think this is "preaching".

We'll just agree to disagree.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Team Owner

Whether or not you choose to drive "near the limit" on public streets doesn't say anything about your confidence or fear. I'd be willing to bet Tanner Foust doesn't drive near the limit all the time on the street, but I'd never say he's scared of it, or that he's "less than confident" at all. They're completely unrelated.

You can't try to "teach someone a lesson" then try to brush your hands off. If you believed you weren't her babysitter, you wouldn't have done anything out of ordinary in the first place, no?

I'm not saying you should be blamed for what she did, just saying there was a much, much better way to handle the situation.

You could've just said it was impossible to let her pass in the first place

As for the second part about your paragraph, not adding fuel to the fire isn't being a little bitch, the opposite in fact. But whatever, I guess you think this is "preaching".

We'll just agree to disagree.
Your way of thinking is so backwards I don't care to debate with you anymore. Everything myself and others said went completely over your head. Kids these days lol. I'll just put you on ignore, problem solved.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Team Owner

Poor tito. Awesome pic.

Tito is the almost like the Brett Favre of MMA.. except Tito has a championship.. lol.
Yeah, I really feel bad for him. When he was on top of the world, it would take us an hour to walk from one side of a casino to the other. People would swarm him everywhere we went. It's amazing how quickly the fans turn on fighters once they start losing. He's a really nice guy and even though we weren't exactly friends he did help me through some tough times. Most of my time with him was when he was married to Kristin and he was a little more fun to be around. I hear he ditched a lot of people when he met Jenna.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
yo dude i live in bakersfield and yeah we have some stupid drivers here. they think the street is a race track
Old 02-06-2011, 11:48 PM

Yeah, I really feel bad for him. When he was on top of the world, it would take us an hour to walk from one side of a casino to the other. People would swarm him everywhere we went. It's amazing how quickly the fans turn on fighters once they start losing. He's a really nice guy and even though we weren't exactly friends he did help me through some tough times. Most of my time with him was when he was married to Kristin and he was a little more fun to be around. I hear he ditched a lot of people when he met Jenna.
I feel so bad for Kristin.. I don't know the circumstances which they broke up but it seemed like she was his rock through the tough times especially the initial fall out with the UFC. Tito is still a champ.. his recent losses were close decisions which could have gone either way in my book. His next big match against Nogueira will be good. Hopefully he's healthy going in.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Team Owner

I feel so bad for Kristin.. I don't know the circumstances which they broke up but it seemed like she was his rock through the tough times especially the initial fall out with the UFC. Tito is still a champ.. his recent losses were close decisions which could have gone either way in my book. His next big match against Nogueira will be good. Hopefully he's healthy going in.

Wow, I hadn't heard of that fight. Interesting matchup for sure.

She was a nice girl in so many ways. Nearly every time I ever hung out with them, she was dropped off at the hotel pretty early on in the night....
Old 02-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
It's not your job to "teach others a lesson", especially on public roads. If anything, it's just aggravating the situation and making it worse for everyone involved. If you have a tailgater, move to the right and let him/her pass you and be on your way, instead of trying to evade them.
Play it cool? Only if I was medicated. My ego gets in the way too often.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:37 AM

I'd make the tailgater feel sorry he/she ever tried!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Play it cool? Only if I was medicated. My ego gets in the way too often.
I like your way of thinking.
Originally Posted by justnspace
I'd make the tailgater feel sorry he/she ever tried!
see, I was doing her a favor. She was obviously in a hurry so I tried to speed up to get out of her way. I could've done a brake check but I did the courteous thing.