CAR WRONGFULLY REPOSSESSED? sorry for the long post without paragraphs

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After a long discussion with my lawyer and insurance adjuster, my car is at the repair shop and the insurance decided to make a claim since it was considered a "stolen"car by the police i can make an insurance claim and the insurance will be going after the bank...form the glance the shop took, i need two engine mounts (front and back) and alignment two front tires but to avoid anymore confusion the insurance co. is going to replace my window. so im driving my parents Volvo S80 T6 and im actually liking it
Old 05-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Glad your insurance co. is getting it taken care of. It's bad enough having your car wrongfully taken from you, let alone getting damaged because of it.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:27 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by georgy_d28
So i went to work as usual and just before quittin time i walked out to my car...and i came inches from crying, as i look at absolutley nothing in my parking space. i stuble inside thinking that my car has been stolen i get on the phone and call the police to inform them that my car has been stolen. when the dispatcher was very friendly when she said that my car had been tagged for repossesion. But the only thing is, is that my car has never been financed through a bank my parents paid cash for it brand new, and i had always made my payments for the car to them. by this time i swear i could feel my skin on fire i was soo made that in essence someone had still stolen my car. so i call the bank that had my car "tagged" and i started out very calm...then when they told me i would be without my car for up to 10 business days while they verified that it was in fact MY car!!! I asked if they verified the V.I.N. before towing my car...they said the tow truck company could not see the number on the dash (i keep it covered) so they went off of the one on the driver's side window. So meanwhile im on the phone screaming my head off about how incompetent they are and how if this is how they ran business that others needed to know and how i was going to be the one to inform them. After about three hours on the phone and probably stroke level blood pressure we figure out that my car was towed by mistake because the V.I.N. that was on the window was from another car that i bought about 6 months ago from a guy parting out his wrecked TL so i thought nothing of it. Well it turns out that his car was going to be repossessed so he wrecked it. So i throw a huge fit and threaten to sue, thats when they decide that if i can produce the title than i can have the car back. I grabbed my title and went to the banks main branch, they release my car from the impound lot. But when i get back in my car and drive off my car starts vibrating and clunking everytime i press the gas, so once again with my keys in one hand and a phone beeping "low battery" i walk back to the counter at the impound lot-when i told them what was wrong they responded with "its the bank, we just do what they pay us for" so i call the bank and they said to go after the impound lot...any advise on who to go after to get this fixed?

This memo documents the process currently used by the Internet community for the standardization of protocols and procedures. The Internet Standards process is an activity of the Internet Societyt hat is organized and managed on behalf of the Internet community by the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG). Internet Standards The Internet, a loosely-organized international collaboration of autonomous, interconnected networks, supports host-to-host communication through voluntary adherence to open protocols and procedures defined by Internet Standards. There are also many isolated interconnected networks, which are not connected to the global Internet but use the Internet Standards. The Internet Standards Process described in this document is concerned with all protocols, procedures, and conventions that are used in or by the Internet, whether or not they are part of the TCP/IP protocol suite. In the case of protocols developed and/or standardized by non-Internet organizations, however, the Internet Standards Process normally applies to the application of the protocol or procedure in the Internet context, not to the specification of the protocol itself. In general, an Internet Standard is a specification that is stable and well-understood, is technically competent, has multiple,independent, and interoperable implementations with substantialoperational experience, enjoys significant public support, and is recognizably useful in some or all parts of the Internet. 1.2 The Internet Standards Process In outline, the process of creating an Internet Standard is straightforward: a specification undergoes a period of development and several iterations of review by the Internet community and revision based upon experience, is adopted as a Standard by the appropriate body (see below), and is published. In practice, the process is more complicated, due to (1) the difficulty of creating specifications of high technical quality; (2) the need to consider the interests of all of the affected parties; (3) the importance of establishing widespread community consensus; and (4) the difficulty of evaluating the utility of a particular specification for the Internet community. Section 2 describes the publications and archives of the InternetStandards Process. Section 3 describes the types of Internet standard specifications. Section 4 describes the Internet standards specifications track. Section 5 describes Best Current Practice RFCs. Section 6 describes the process and rules for Internet standardization. Section 7 specifies the way in which externally- sponsored specifications and practices, developed and controlled by other standards bodies or by others, are handled within the Internet Standards Process. Section 8 describes the requirements for notices and record keeping Section 9 defines a variance process to allow one-time exceptions to some of the requirements in this document Section 10 presents the rules that are required to protect intellectual property rights in the context of the development and use of Internet Standards. Section 11 includes acknowledgments of some of the people involved in creation of this document. Section 12 notes that security issues are not dealt with by this document. Section 13 contains a list of numbered references. Section 14 contains definitions of some of the terms used in this document. Section 15 lists the author's email and postal addresses. Appendix A contains a list of frequently-used acronyms. The Internet Standards process is an activity of the Internet Societyt hat is organized and managed on behalf of the Internet community by the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG). Internet Standards The Internet, a loosely-organized international collaboration of autonomous, interconnected networks, supports host-to-host communication through voluntary adherence to open protocols and procedures defined by Internet Standards. There are also many isolated interconnected networks, which are not connected to the global Internet but use the Internet Standards. The Internet Standards Process described in this document is concerned with all protocols, procedures, and conventions that are used in or by the Internet, whether or not they are part of the TCP/IP protocol suite. In the case of protocols developed and/or standardized by non-Internet organizations, however, the Internet Standards Process normally applies to the application of the protocol or procedure in the Internet context, not to the specification of the protocol itself. In general, an Internet Standard is a specification that is stable and well-understood, is technically competent, has multiple,independent, and interoperable implementations with substantialoperational experience, enjoys significant public support, and is recognizably useful in some or all parts of the Internet. 1.2 The Internet Standards Process In outline, the process of creating an Internet Standard is straightforward: a specification undergoes a period of development and several iterations of review by the Internet community and revision based upon experience, is adopted as a Standard by the appropriate body (see below), and is published. In practice, the process is more complicated, due to (1) the difficulty of creating specifications of high technical quality; (2) the need to consider the interests of all of the affected parties; (3) the importance of establishing widespread community consensus; and (4) the difficulty of evaluating the utility of a particular specification for the Internet community. Section 2 describes the publications and archives of the InternetStandards Process. Section 3 describes the types of Internet standard specifications. Section 4 describes the Internet standards specifications track. Section 5 describes Best Current Practice RFCs. Section 6 describes the process and rules for Internet standardization. Section 7 specifies the way in which externally- sponsored specifications and practices, developed and controlled by other standards bodies or by others, are handled within the Internet Standards Process. Section 8 describes the requirements for notices and record keeping Section 9 defines a variance process to allow one-time exceptions to some of the requirements in this document Section 10 presents the rules that are required to protect intellectual property rights in the context of the development and use of Internet Standards.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by fdl
This memo documents the process currently used by the Internet community for the standardization of protocols and procedures. The Internet Standards process is an activity of the Internet Societyt hat is organized and managed on behalf of the Internet community by the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG). Internet Standards The Internet, a loosely-organized international collaboration of autonomous, interconnected networks, supports host-to-host communication through voluntary adherence to open protocols and procedures defined by Internet Standards. There are also many isolated interconnected networks, which are not connected to the global Internet but use the Internet Standards. The Internet Standards Process described in this document is concerned with all protocols, procedures, and conventions that are used in or by the Internet, whether or not they are part of the TCP/IP protocol suite. In the case of protocols developed and/or standardized by non-Internet organizations, however, the Internet Standards Process normally applies to the application of the protocol or procedure in the Internet context, not to the specification of the protocol itself. In general, an Internet Standard is a specification that is stable and well-understood, is technically competent, has multiple,independent, and interoperable implementations with substantialoperational experience, enjoys significant public support, and is recognizably useful in some or all parts of the Internet. 1.2 The Internet Standards Process In outline, the process of creating an Internet Standard is straightforward: a specification undergoes a period of development and several iterations of review by the Internet community and revision based upon experience, is adopted as a Standard by the appropriate body (see below), and is published. In practice, the process is more complicated, due to (1) the difficulty of creating specifications of high technical quality; (2) the need to consider the interests of all of the affected parties; (3) the importance of establishing widespread community consensus; and (4) the difficulty of evaluating the utility of a particular specification for the Internet community. Section 2 describes the publications and archives of the InternetStandards Process. Section 3 describes the types of Internet standard specifications. Section 4 describes the Internet standards specifications track. Section 5 describes Best Current Practice RFCs. Section 6 describes the process and rules for Internet standardization. Section 7 specifies the way in which externally- sponsored specifications and practices, developed and controlled by other standards bodies or by others, are handled within the Internet Standards Process. Section 8 describes the requirements for notices and record keeping Section 9 defines a variance process to allow one-time exceptions to some of the requirements in this document Section 10 presents the rules that are required to protect intellectual property rights in the context of the development and use of Internet Standards. Section 11 includes acknowledgments of some of the people involved in creation of this document. Section 12 notes that security issues are not dealt with by this document. Section 13 contains a list of numbered references. Section 14 contains definitions of some of the terms used in this document. Section 15 lists the author's email and postal addresses. Appendix A contains a list of frequently-used acronyms. The Internet Standards process is an activity of the Internet Societyt hat is organized and managed on behalf of the Internet community by the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) and the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG). Internet Standards The Internet, a loosely-organized international collaboration of autonomous, interconnected networks, supports host-to-host communication through voluntary adherence to open protocols and procedures defined by Internet Standards. There are also many isolated interconnected networks, which are not connected to the global Internet but use the Internet Standards. The Internet Standards Process described in this document is concerned with all protocols, procedures, and conventions that are used in or by the Internet, whether or not they are part of the TCP/IP protocol suite. In the case of protocols developed and/or standardized by non-Internet organizations, however, the Internet Standards Process normally applies to the application of the protocol or procedure in the Internet context, not to the specification of the protocol itself. In general, an Internet Standard is a specification that is stable and well-understood, is technically competent, has multiple,independent, and interoperable implementations with substantialoperational experience, enjoys significant public support, and is recognizably useful in some or all parts of the Internet. 1.2 The Internet Standards Process In outline, the process of creating an Internet Standard is straightforward: a specification undergoes a period of development and several iterations of review by the Internet community and revision based upon experience, is adopted as a Standard by the appropriate body (see below), and is published. In practice, the process is more complicated, due to (1) the difficulty of creating specifications of high technical quality; (2) the need to consider the interests of all of the affected parties; (3) the importance of establishing widespread community consensus; and (4) the difficulty of evaluating the utility of a particular specification for the Internet community. Section 2 describes the publications and archives of the InternetStandards Process. Section 3 describes the types of Internet standard specifications. Section 4 describes the Internet standards specifications track. Section 5 describes Best Current Practice RFCs. Section 6 describes the process and rules for Internet standardization. Section 7 specifies the way in which externally- sponsored specifications and practices, developed and controlled by other standards bodies or by others, are handled within the Internet Standards Process. Section 8 describes the requirements for notices and record keeping Section 9 defines a variance process to allow one-time exceptions to some of the requirements in this document Section 10 presents the rules that are required to protect intellectual property rights in the context of the development and use of Internet Standards.
huh?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Suzuka Master

huh?
He's complaining about the lengthy block of text and the absence of paragraphs. At least he didn't whip out AD's "Water-S" smiley.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
He's complaining about the lengthy block of text and the absence of paragraphs. At least he didn't whip out AD's "Water-S" smiley.
geeez i apologized even before people read lol, that was some crazy reading though
Old 05-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Not Asian

geeez i apologized even before people read lol, that was some crazy reading though
you actually read it.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:09 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

do BOTH the front windaws have teh vin etched in it? If so the tow truck drivers should have checked both windows, if the etching was only in the front drivers window.... How areteh tow truck drivers supposedto find out what TL it is? Irregardless they sholdn't have touched it, espically damaging it when towing it..

What would happen if the car was repossesed legally andthey caused that damageto the car? The Bank would get it fixed at a high priced mechanic and then bill the previous owner of the car, thus screwing the driver again..

That's why they told you to deal with the bank about the damage... the bank probably tells them to drag it/ break it/ whatever to reposses the car.... " the owner will pay for it anyway"
Old 05-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
do BOTH the front windaws have teh vin etched in it? If so the tow truck drivers should have checked both windows, if the etching was only in the front drivers window.... How areteh tow truck drivers supposedto find out what TL it is? Irregardless they sholdn't have touched it, espically damaging it when towing it..

What would happen if the car was repossesed legally andthey caused that damageto the car? The Bank would get it fixed at a high priced mechanic and then bill the previous owner of the car, thus screwing the driver again..

That's why they told you to deal with the bank about the damage... the bank probably tells them to drag it/ break it/ whatever to reposses the car.... " the owner will pay for it anyway"
the only window that had the VIN on it was the drivers side...which is the one that is being replaced.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:31 AM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
THE BANK IS RESPONSIBLE. The repo company is working on behalf of the bank as a third party to secure the bank's collateral. if the repo company does something wrong and causes damage to someone else's property the bank is still on the hook. In your position you can try to go after the repo company too. the towing company is either part of the repo co. or is sub-contracted by the repo co. Your best bet is to file a police report and have your attorney send them both a letter after you get an estimate on the damages. if the letter goes unresponded have your attorney file a dual complaint citing both of them. they will most likely have someone appear in court and then the thruth will come out and you will be awarded a judgement that one party will surely pay to avoid post-judgement remedies.