View Poll Results: Is this car hot or am I old?
You're old
72.16%
It's hot
27.84%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Is this car hot or am I getting old?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
its better than what they have been putting out in the last 15 years.. ever since their muscle car days, they've lost all hope with the younger crowd.

its nice, but i still dont see anyone under 40 years old picking that up.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:41 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean
He was the one who was assuming something about why some people (which included me) did not like this car, and yes, I quoted him and was replying to him specifically to let him know that his assumption (which included me) was wrong. Hence me quoting him and addressing him directly.

So, yes, what you quoted when you replied to me was specifically for him. It's odd that someone else (in this case you) could disagree with me when I was talking about a specific comment someone else made. I then was directing my comments directly to them to let them know that their comment, which was in part directed at me, was not accurate.

Bottom line: How can you disagree with me telling him that his assumption of how I formed my opinion was wrong? That's why I replied saying I wasn't talking to you... b/c I wasn't and there's no way you can disagree with me on that specific comment.

The other point I was trying to make was that I don't care if someone agrees or disagrees with me. It's my opinion and it's not going to change. It's an ugly car and I don't like it. I don't care if you are going to give me 20 more examples and even change the examples from cars to food to women or whatever. I still think the car the OP posted (which is what this topic is about) is ugly. I also have no idea why you keep bringing up how well other ugly cars sell b/c of their badge. That has nothing to do with this car being ugly and me not liking it.

Did you personally have some input into the design of this car? Why is it so important to you that I like it?
I happened to agree with him, thus why I used your post as a point of reference. You disagreed with him, and though I didn't state my opinion yet at the moment, I just happened to disagree with you, though I put it more bluntly than you did: "that's a negative..."

I don't care if someone likes it or doesn't like it..... my point was that a person's opinion of a brand DOES affect the car's image, not only figuratively but also literally. I also acknowledged that yes, there are people who judge a car strictly upon its looks and amenities, but that isn't always the case. That's why I mentioned my days as a Honda fanboy. I don't work for GM, though I do own one and I come off a bit biased sometimes.... but truth be told, I've been against the bailout since day one and still am, and I could care less if one of the Big 3 goes down in flames, whether its GM or not. It would be their damn fault, let that be an example for the other remaining automaker(s)
Old 01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
A clean ride is in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like it!! But I'm old.....