Best real estate vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 09:50 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Aman
To say the least...

OP, you have a car in good working condition that isn't costing you money. This is great. It's especially great because you haven't started making any money yet.

Don't fuck with what isn't broken. You're at least a year away from considering changing vehicles, and that's only if the MDX has proven to be a poor fit. That's unlikely
I personally would like to get my parents a better vehicle since their current one (2019 Nissan Rogue) is a total garbage. Just from talking with a moderator and going with general consensus, I am sticking with my MDX regardless how hard I try to justify to get a newer vehicle, but eventually I would buy one in the future whenever the time comes, even with my plan to use the MDX for the first 12 months to see how things go. I always had a plan to put a Million miles on a car (first would've been our 99 Accord, but I got a 16 Rogue, then that one got totaled yet I abused that vehicle alot, especially while I was a delivery driver for Pizza hut and dominoes). With that said, this opens the opportunity for me to save up the money. Although my MDX does drive me nuts with that steering wheel shimmy and those out of character noises, it is honestly my attainable dream car. By end of 2021, I am expecting the ODO to read between 70k to 80k miles, its currently at 47100 miles.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:49 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
Hey good luck dude. I do real estate on the side and Miami isn't the rest of the US. People do care about presentation. Miami is NOT a practical town unfortunately. Having said that, EVERYBODY here has their license. You will run into tons of competition so definitely keep your expenses low. I have a client that we've offered on 6 houses and lost even when offering asking price. It's a tough biz.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Doom878
Hey good luck dude. I do real estate on the side and Miami isn't the rest of the US. People do care about presentation. Miami is NOT a practical town unfortunately. Having said that, EVERYBODY here has their license. You will run into tons of competition so definitely keep your expenses low. I have a client that we've offered on 6 houses and lost even when offering asking price. It's a tough biz.
Yeah, I am going to keep using my MDX. I am in the Orlando area, and houses are like hot potatoes here, and are way overpriced. Even if I want to, I cannot work in Miami for the first two years since I will be associated with a broker in the Orlando area. Eventually, once I do get a brokers' license, I will want to spread into other parts of the real estate business, such as appraisals, property management, etc. And knowing our FL education works in AL and GA, I will also obtain licenses for those states and expand. If anything, I will be saving money and using it to invest into my work and savings.
The following users liked this post:
nist7 (01-04-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 12:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
Yeah it's a different association in Orlando too. My association I believe ends in Palm Beach county.

BTW, if you want to appraise with USPAP guidelines, you'll need to go to appraisal school and that shit sucks because after you get your license you HAVE to be a junior for a few years under someone. I wasted time and money going for that because appraisal management companies ("AMC") killed the biz. My buddy used to be an appraiser, now he delivers mail. You can manage now though as long as a CAM isn't required which is pretty much only for condos. You sound like a go-getter. Sales isn't a passive business.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Doom878
Yeah it's a different association in Orlando too. My association I believe ends in Palm Beach county.

BTW, if you want to appraise with USPAP guidelines, you'll need to go to appraisal school and that shit sucks because after you get your license you HAVE to be a junior for a few years under someone. I wasted time and money going for that because appraisal management companies ("AMC") killed the biz. My buddy used to be an appraiser, now he delivers mail. You can manage now though as long as a CAM isn't required which is pretty much only for condos. You sound like a go-getter. Sales isn't a passive business.
Lol yeah. Not what I imagined life to throw at me out of nowhere, but beats being a Pizza Delivery driver and some stuck up field worker for the county. I looked at pros and cons at this field, and it looks like it will work for me and shows that I ain't no normal regular med school applicant. Just a different route, but at least it gives me a huge opportunity to show that I can manage few businesses. I got the Appraisal exam opened up for me alongside the real estate exam for some odd reason. But right now, focus is on these first two years and then obtain the brokers license.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:24 PM
Instructor

We do have a 2019 Rogue that is more of a garage queen than my MDX (surprising honestly), but nobody honest gave that a thought too, lol. I still need to order GROM VLine VL2 for my MDX since 2017 MDXs didn't come with Android Auto at all, and I am not sure if the 2020 map update will have all the recent and new roads. The Rogue has Android Auto integrated, and I prefer to put miles on that so by the time its 3 years old, we can dump it and get something better to replace it. My idea is to give my father my allocation of the Tesla Cybertruck, and use the Rogue as trade-in to purchase a luxury vehicle for my mom (she never driven a luxury vehicle at all; MDX was driven by me and my father ONLY).

So I am looking at the Lexus NX and few other luxury SUVs for her (will be using the saved money that I earned from this stuff; parents gave me everything, and I want to give something back to them). My goal is still to get a million miles on my car, so I am going to use my MDX regardless, even when its fully modified and built to match my personality and tastes. This was definitely a wake-up call for me, that I am too young to get into more debt and if Dave Ramsey was on here, he'd make me to retract my thoughts about getting an additional vehicle alongside my MDX.