Automotive news...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gocubsgo55
Aren't/wern't GM I4's also Honda engines as well?
As it is now these engines are Ecotec engines, and they originate from Opel/Vauxhall I believe.

And I sure as hell hope the older gen engines were not Honda, they were OHV engines. I don't know that Honda ever built these types of engines.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:42 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
SICLEX is getting owned over and over in here. Gilbo and him should retreat and regroup. Come back when they have a valid point to make. In which case we may never see them again.

Now, I did read somewhere that Lotus was turned away by Honda and turned to Toyota, but I can't rememeber where, you'll just have to trust me on this.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by domn
SICLEX is getting owned over and over in here. Gilbo and him should retreat and regroup. Come back when they have a valid point to make. In which case we may never see them again.

Now, I did read somewhere that Lotus was turned away by Honda and turned to Toyota, but I can't rememeber where, you'll just have to trust me on this.
Ain't no one getting owned. We are debating here. Honda is now behind on hybrid tech. Honda=efficiency. Fabulous 4-cylinders. Budget concious buyers. Shit like that.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by domn

domn, I did some research on this, and while there doesn't seem to be much documentation about it, you are right about what you said. My guess is Honda wanted some specific clauses that Lotus refused, and they just turned around and said no. Kinda like the way they got rid of JV.

One thing is clear about them, it's that they run their business their own way, nobody's gonna run it nstead of them, and they never miss an occasion at passing that point along.

And 1SICKLEX, Maybe if you keep searching frantically to find Honda at fault, it might just happen, they all have weaknesses.

I would certainly expect Toyota to be ahead of Honda on the hybrid technology, with the Goliath-esque means they have to R&D. Yet, it is not the case. Honda is not far behind and is probably the main competitor that is pushing Toyota to advance in their hybrid tech R&D. There again, Toyota are sitting on their asses where Honda is putting in a lot more efforts compared to their actual potential. If Toyota was R&D'ing up to what they could do, we'd be 5-7 years in advance compared to what we are now.

Food for thought dude...
Old 08-13-2004, 04:31 PM
has been here awhile

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
...Honda is now behind on hybrid tech...
How so? Honda is releasing it's Accord Hybrid VERY VERY soon...ahead of the Camry...and not only is it effecient...it's pretty darned powerful.

Honda behind on hybrid tech? I think not.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Ain't no one getting owned. We are debating here. Honda is now behind on hybrid tech. Honda=efficiency. Fabulous 4-cylinders. Budget concious buyers. Shit like that.
It's not debating when you continuously come here to troll, ignore the facts, put your spin on things the way you like it and have us correct you.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:41 AM
Moderator Alumnus

That's almost like when Napoleon came back from a war he lost to the Russians and by extension the Austrians and then said: "I declare peace for all of Europe. This war has been tiring me out!"

The guy had just lost the war!
Old 08-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by SPUDMTN
How so? Honda is releasing it's Accord Hybrid VERY VERY soon...ahead of the Camry...and not only is it effecient...it's pretty darned powerful.

Honda behind on hybrid tech? I think not.
Not to mention using the J30A motor. Toyota hasn't said (that I am aware of) whether their motor will use an I4 or a V6.