Auto Show in Motion Bishes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Show in Motion Bishes!!!

The autoshow in motion is back in southern cali again and there are still spots open. Im going Sunday morning. If you guys don't know what this is, check this out:

Auto Show in Motion

It's a test drive put on by GM with probably 150 different cars. All are drivable on closed course tracks set up on an air field (at least here). I went last year and it is soooo much fun. You get to tear it up in the cars and not have to worry about wrecking yours. They are even going to have the new c6 corvette and I think a c5 Z06.

If anyone wants to meet up PM and Ill get you all the info.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:00 PM
i souport publik edekason

Cool

I went this morning with the wife...

Got to drive the new C6... WOW...

Great show...

They said their coming back in August...

Ciao
Old 02-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Team Anthracite Member

The C6 was fun wasn't it
Old 02-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
How does one get a driver's pass to register?
Old 10-22-2005, 02:22 AM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
I also thought you had to pre register, but you can just show up. Just went to this today in Alameda. Definitely go during a weekday if it's near you. There was nobody really around. I got to drive a CTS-V, C6 manual, GTO, Solstice, Hummer to name a few.

We were there for 3 hours and drove about 20 cars.

Solstice was a kick to drive. Like a go cart, but the seating position was less than desireable. I felt like I was sitting in a deep bathtub and had a hard time getting comfortable. It did drive nice, decent power, great handling. They are going to sell alot of these.

The CTS-V and C6 were in the performance track. Scary fast that's all I can say. The shifter in both were very notchy and I felt like I had to force it to shift. Unfortunatley the track was very short, but it was thrilling to drive something that powerful. Given the course size you were never past 2nd gear. The handling as you can imagine is night and day different between the CTS-V and C6. The C6 was just so planted. I felt invicible in that thing. I wanted to push it even harder into the turns, but the GM "ride along" guy kept telling me to slow down.

Most of the time was spent in the Luxury section. Drove a A4 3.2, TL, 530i, C230, E350, CTS, DTS, STS, SRX, Saab 9-3 Sedan / Convertible, 9-5 Wagon. It was great to be able to test drive them back to back. Since it wasn't busy the wait was minimal. Less than 5-10 minutes for the Imports. No waits for the GM stuff. Although that also has to do with the fact that they only had 1 of each of the Imports and 2-3 of the GM products. I was actually impressed with the CTS and the STS. Handled really well, good power and felt solid.

The Hummer course was a kick. It was a true off course track and not just dirt piled up on the asphalt. They used a bob cat to carve into the ground area next to the pavement sections to make the course. Everything from 35 degree slopes on 2 wheels to testing the approach and departure angles to logs you drove over. It demonstrated the Hummers offroad features nicely. Drove the H3 on this course and there was a GM guy with you so you didn't get in trouble.

I didn't get a chance to drive a Civic Si they had to compare to a Cobalt SS which I also didn't get to drive. People were beating the shit out of the Cobalts on the tracks. The officials kept warning them over and over.

Sorry, but no pictures. I lost my camera at the event early on. Luckily I found it on the way out. Someone turned it in to lost/found.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:03 AM
That was uncalled for...

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
Probably not going to be any Canadian dates, of course.....