Anyone get accepted for the Nitto Motivo Trial On Here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Anyone get accepted for the Nitto Motivo Trial On Here?

First off, I'm hoping this thread is in the right section, if not, sorry.

Anyway, I didn't bother applying for it seeing as how I don't have stock wheels and I haven't accumulated many posts here ( I thought that would negatively affect my chances of being accepted because my words in the mandatory review I had to publish wouldn't carry much weight)

Now, Ebay is having this temporary 100 dollar rebate on tires and i'm interested in the Motivo's and DWS' which are usually out of my lowly price range. However the Motivo's have no reviews on them and I don't like being a guinea pig. The early/only reviews by journalists attending an event by Nitto state that they grip nearly as well as a summer tires and much better than the OE Continental's. However one reviewer said they ride rather stiff. That being said, this was a controlled test by Nitto so I took it all with a grain of salt.
I was curious to see if anybody here got accepted for the Motivo trial because I'd like your input. I'm also considering the DWS' so any input on that or any other long lasting, quiet, and reasonably sporty tire that you like is appreciated as well. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by ChaiLatte; 03-22-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: I had to better define the tire I want
Old 03-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
If you can wait, the DWS is rolling out a "v2" tire with a revised compound.

It wont be renamed or anything to my knowledge, but the new compound should deliver better performance for the same price point.

The revised compounds should be out in mid-late April depending on the tire size you need

I dont really have a source but ive chatted with some reps for dif. tire companies and this is the best I could piece together, apologies in advance for any erroneous information on this front.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the info, i'd really have no problem waiting seeing as how I still have good tread on my tires, but I really don't want to pass up a 100 dollar off deal like this.