Another G35 Mop up story

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats just odd they have a rwd car with 280 and 287 hp while the tl is 270 and fwd

2 things:
1 they were auto or
2. they cant drive stick (let alone at all)
Old 11-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
yeah, im pathetic, lol.

peace.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:13 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

15 seconds in what condition? The times are meaningless unless you state humidity, elevation, and temperature.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:26 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry a TL won't win against any G35 or 350Z...
Old 11-26-2004, 09:40 AM
Drifting

Unless the TL is modded.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by drkangel348
sorry a TL won't win against any G35 or 350Z...
Ahhhh man here we go again. Another guy who thinks that those are the fastest cars in this class. Think again buddy, just like downunder said unless the TL is modded which i'am fully modded. Oh yeah your right a TL won't but a TL-S will.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DownUnder
Unless the TL is modded.
yea a hell of allot
Old 11-27-2004, 04:45 AM
Pro

RWD > FWD from a dig
The VQ35DE is DOHC and .3 liters more = more torque throughout the powerband...
So even on a highway, a stock TL or TL-S would not win unless the TL-S is a 6-speed and the g35/350z are auto.

Don't get me wrong though, the TL is the best car in its class.

Nissan interiors and quality =
Old 11-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Banned

RWD > FWD from a dig
So even on a highway, a stock TL or TL-S would not win unless the TL-S is a 6-speed and the g35/350z are auto.

Yeah ok!!!! Keep telling yourself that. I've mopped up plenty 350z and g35's from a dead stop or on a roll. Maybe you should buy a Type-S then maybe you will know what i'am talking about
Old 11-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
RWD > FWD from a dig

Do we have another magazine racer in our hands??

Yeah, let's just throw out some engine designation code, camshaft configuration and displacement difference. Maybe I'll look smart.

You can sit there and argue based on published numbers or numbers you've read about all day long. The truth is, ANYTHING is possible out there.

Oh, I forgot to add that the TL-S was never available with a 6-speed transmission. Please go back to your magazines and research.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 21 Posts
nice kill, regardless of the numbers anything can happen on the street. Although I own a G I could only imagine how shocked they were that they could not pull on you.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:19 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

I don't know why everyone is so surprised that a TLS could beat a G35...anything can happen in the streets. My worse beating came from an old style chevelle and a riced up civic. I couldn't believe how many car lengths that civic put on me. Of course i've ran a Type-S before and put several car-lengths on it so I guess everyone must be shocked that 1fasttl and I had different results

Anything can happen in the streets so don't bother to call out the original poster because you're not gonna convince them that their cars are slower because of THEIR personal experience.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Do we have another magazine racer in our hands??

Yeah, let's just throw out some engine designation code, camshaft configuration and displacement difference. Maybe I'll look smart.

You can sit there and argue based on published numbers or numbers you've read about all day long. The truth is, ANYTHING is possible out there.

Oh, I forgot to add that the TL-S was never available with a 6-speed transmission. Please go back to your magazines and research.
LOL Exactly Thanks Tonio for the props
Old 11-28-2004, 03:12 AM
Pro

Dyno's don't lie, the stock VQ35DE puts more power down to the ground than any generation STOCK (J32) TL.

car vs. car (stock) the 350z/g35 will always win.
driver vs. driver is totally different.

Just accept the fact that the VQ35DE is the superior engine that has better whp/wtq figures.

The new G35 puts down almost 300HP with better torque numbers than the TL to boot, and you're going to tell me that the TL can beat it?

Now FI any TL and then you'd be able to beat 350Z's/G35's.

I don't like Nissan at all I'm just pointing out the truth.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:37 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 1fasttl
I went to the track in palmdale about 6 months ago and ran 15.0 flat.
You're doing all this woofing on G's and THAT is your best time!?!?

14.4 at 98+ in my first time ever on a 1/4 in my slightly modded AT G35c. Another AT coupe driver I know has twice gone 14.0 at 100+. He has even fewer mods than me - only a Z tube intake and Brembo brakes (which don't make him faster.) There are plenty of 6MT coupes w/o any FI who will run sub-14's at 100+ and I know of more than a few AT G sedans with good drivers who will beat me on a 1/4 mile without problems. 6MT sedans are even faster - again, with a good driver.

I prefer the racetrack to the dragstrip though - RoadAmerica and Gingerman where I wax my fast 1/4 mile buddy because I have handling mods (Brembos, Tein Flex w/EDFC, stiffer bushings, lightweight rims) and can pull 1.00+ on a skidpad. A 350Z I track with can handle with my coupe and he is better driver still - maybe I can catch him next year.

I only have a cutom intake and a GReddy exhaust for performance. The G coupe has - for now anyway - enough power for me in stock form.

Listen pal - the TL is a good car. I like Acuras, I have owned more than a few, including a Legend that I kept for years. But the TL is a FWD pretend sports sedan. I have yet to see one on a racetrack. I love NSX's and the S2K is a great track car, but the TL or TL-S or the new TL are just fairly fast entry-level luxury sedans. This doesn't mean the TL isn't a good car - it's a fine one. But reading your BS about 'another mop up story' simply goes against the facts.

There is certainly a TL/TL-S driver out there faster than me - but it ain't you. Normally I don't respond to fanboy drivers like you but every now and then I can't stand it any more. I am never going to post on a forum about how I took an M3 on the street, because, even if it was true (which I don't know if your story is), it's probably because the M driver either didn't want to go 100%, or didn't know how to drive, or maybe, just maybe he has a brain. And if I did 'mop up' an M3 on the street I wouldn't be bragging on it - because street racing is for punks.

So, grow up and take it to the track. I'm ashamed of the G and Z drivers who raced you like some FastNFurious boys on the street - their judgement skills are about on par with their driving ability - zilch.

- Riff
Old 12-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by riffster

[- Riff
Well said
Old 12-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Banned

Easy there tuff guy. You guys have to remember that back east your times are alot better then us guys here on the west coast. I know a guy in that lives on boston with the same mods as i do and he runs about a full sec faster then me. And as for growing up, wether your older then me or not you act like you have never done this before. You must be watching to many movies to know about fast&furious scene's. I have 2 kids, house payment, 2 car payments etc.... Now if you think i don't have my shit straight and i need to grow up, you need to think again. What does it matter if i mess around on the freeway a little. There is a difference. Driving fast & driving fast stupid. I drive fast but not stupid and i do know when to stop. i just don't understand if some of you guy's are such datsun, oh i mean nissan lovers what the hell are you guys doing in this forum? Well at least to me it doesn't make any sense. Anyways back to messing around on the freeway, i've had older guys roll up on my in bmw's and other cars wanting to race. So just because i'am 28 that makes me a punk? If it does what does that make them?
Old 12-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by riffster

14.4 at 98+ in my first time ever on a 1/4 in my slightly modded AT G35c. Another AT coupe driver I know has twice gone 14.0 at 100+. He has even fewer mods than me - only a Z tube intake and Brembo brakes (which don't make him faster.) There are plenty of 6MT coupes w/o any FI who will run sub-14's at 100+ and I know of more than a few AT G sedans with good drivers who will beat me on a 1/4 mile without problems. 6MT sedans are even faster - again, with a good driver.

I prefer the racetrack to the dragstrip though - RoadAmerica and Gingerman where I wax my fast 1/4 mile buddy because I have handling mods (Brembos, Tein Flex w/EDFC, stiffer bushings, lightweight rims) and can pull 1.00+ on a skidpad. A 350Z I track with can handle with my coupe and he is better driver still - maybe I can catch him next year.

I only have a cutom intake and a GReddy exhaust for performance. The G coupe has - for now anyway - enough power for me in stock form.

Listen pal - the TL is a good car. I like Acuras, I have owned more than a few, including a Legend that I kept for years. But the TL is a FWD pretend sports sedan. I have yet to see one on a racetrack. I love NSX's and the S2K is a great track car, but the TL or TL-S or the new TL are just fairly fast entry-level luxury sedans. This doesn't mean the TL isn't a good car - it's a fine one. But reading your BS about 'another mop up story' simply goes against the facts.

There is certainly a TL/TL-S driver out there faster than me - but it ain't you. Normally I don't respond to fanboy drivers like you but every now and then I can't stand it any more. I am never going to post on a forum about how I took an M3 on the street, because, even if it was true (which I don't know if your story is), it's probably because the M driver either didn't want to go 100%, or didn't know how to drive, or maybe, just maybe he has a brain. And if I did 'mop up' an M3 on the street I wouldn't be bragging on it - because street racing is for punks.

So, grow up and take it to the track. I'm ashamed of the G and Z drivers who raced you like some FastNFurious boys on the street - their judgement skills are about on par with their driving ability - zilch.

- Riff
I heard that!
Old 12-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Advanced

just so you guys know too , 1fst is running at LACR anyone who has been there can tell you that it's 2,710ft about sea level which will effect your times..This is the reason he only got a 15 flat , this would equal out to a 14.5 or lower all day long at any other track..Because of the track conditions and so forth i remember personally running a full sec off at LACR over Pomona when it was open ( this was on another car but the facts still remain ) so just because your moded G35c can pull out a 14.5 doesn't mean that your car is faster because you have to weight in track conditions and where it's at..Now don't get me wrong , i looked at the g35c before i picked up my TL , but i wanted a 4dr car so i went with the TL over the g35 sedan because it's just ugly..The coupe if a very nice car , but comparing a stock g35 to a modded TL there is no comp..And this is what we are talking about , he never mentioned that the g35 had any mods or that it was fair..A kill is still a kill as long as both drivers are trying..My TL has been taken out my civic's before but these kids didn't just have intake and exhaust , we are talking about swapped motors and built motors..Doesn't mean that at the end of the day , my car is still worth more according to KBB ( LOL )..I think we have heard enough about how a modded TL can be faster then a stock g35 if you guys can't except it , then move on and keep dreaming , we already did the math on how much HP the mods make and although the g35 has a lil more torque , it still doesn't add up to the extra hp or torque that the TL has after being modded..All and all , we are just saying that a modded TL can take a stock g35 it doesn't mean that the g35 sucks or is any less of a car , it just means it's possible..Simple as that..

And on a side note , don’t think that just because 1fst races or because he enjoys testing the limits of his car that he is a kid..All of us have been racing for many many years and I personally have known 1fst for over 5 years now , a kid he is not..We are not little kids that don’t know what the hell we are talking about and just race our cars because it’s coo..All of us have had heavily modded cars before and at one point in time we were going to the track every weekend to test out the new mods to our cars..Out of the group ( about 5 of us ) 1fst has always been the best driver , so you can take that kid sh** somewhere else because 1fst has been around for many years in import racing , before all the hype ( fast and furious sh** ) and he deserves a lil more respect then that..
Old 12-08-2004, 01:01 PM
10th Gear

My problem with the post ain't the car - I think I said enough about the fact that I like Acura's, including the TL. But it is an FWD, and I have yet to see (on numerous track days at about six tracks in the Chicago area) a TL on either an HPDE or a track day. Heck, I've seen Mercury Marauders, Taurus SHO's, and a lot of other cars you might not expect out there, but not one TL.

It doesn't mean that a TL driven well wouldn't be okay on a track, but it does mean that it is a car that most people just use for transportation - and that's cool because that is what I use my G for most of the time!

As to the altitude excuse, that's fine - I know altitude, temps, and a lot of other factors can come into play on comparing time slips. I have my excuse ready too - I was tracking the coupe as newbie (never done 1/4's, not really my interest) and I was doing it on a 40 degree day with summer tires. Whatever little my engine gained with Nature's CAI I lost with the fact that my Kuhmo Ecsta MX's were spinning like crazy on each shift.

A 6MT coupe with OX pulley had even worse problesm - his Toyo summers were like hockey pucks. I beat him every time we lined up together (tho not by much), but I am sure that if he had on the right rubber he would have left me looking at his coupe's booty. Then again, I should bring the Snowsport Pirellis I use for winter tires and I think I could hang with him.

The other coupe AT we were with that was running 14 flat at over 100 had on all-seasons - kind of shows you how important experience (he has been doing quarters in his coupe since he bought it about 2 years back) and tires are! His gf ran a 14.2 in the car - with no experience and using full auto!!!

As to racing on the street, I don't retract one freaking word. Anyone who does it is a punk, and if I see you or a G driver doing it (has nothing to do with the car), I'll call your @ss in to the cops. I don't give props to streetracers - I might give them something else though.

- Riff
Old 12-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Banned

Hey jackass!!!!! Grow up. You will acll in the cops? Aw man your like one of those fucken old guys that see's someone make a incorrect lane change or use your cell while driving. "I'am going to call the cops". Get real. IDIOT
Old 12-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Advanced

well then i guess it's a good thing a**holes like you are in Chicago and not here in cali cause being stupid like that will get yea killed..We are not talking about racing in traffic or doing anything that the limits of the car are not capable of doing..But either way , this is a battle that no one will win in..It's a matter of option and if you tell me you have never exceeded the speed limit , your a damn lyer , so what you saying is if you exceed the speed limit with another car around , your automatically a punk..Wow..Well either way , you showed us how much of an a**hole you are , please move on to the next post..

And as far as excuses on why his times are lower , im not talking about tire pressure or any of that.. If you are racing 2,700 feet about sea level your tires don’t matter , your reaction time doesn’t matter cause you will still run slower even if you are the best driver in the world..So as far as excuses it’s not an excuse that LACR is 2,700 ft above sea level it’s a fact and that factor has to be weighted in when your talking numbers ( which was your first response talkin about how your car runs a faster ¼ then his ) and just so you know , he is running stock tires too which im sure are a factor , but you don’t hear him saying anything about that as being an excuse on why he didn’t do better then your times..Get out of here with that shit..Why don’t you take your ass back to the kiss ass g35 form and keep this one for actual TL owners who want to share there story’s..It’s not a pissing contest..
Old 12-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Instructor

Hey jackass!!!!! Grow up. You will acll in the cops? Aw man your like one of those fucken old guys that see's someone make a incorrect lane change or use your cell while driving. "I'am going to call the cops". Get real. IDIOT

Nothing like displaying you intelligence on a worldwide board. Grow up an realize that street racing quite possibly could get you killed. Think about your family's needs instead of feeding your ego in a street race.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by shodog
Nothing like displaying you intelligence on a worldwide board. Grow up an realize that street racing quite possibly could get you killed. Think about your family's needs instead of feeding your ego in a street race.
well technically any kind of driving can get you killed..Drinking and driving can get you killed , im sure you don't go to your local bar and start talking shit about how they could kill someone when they are going home do you ??? Why , because im sure someone would just kick your ass and keep drinking , But im sure your real quick to jump on someone for street racing over the internet..You act like you have never done it , im sure at one point in your life you have and under the right conditions you felt that it was safe enough to be able to handle the limits of the car..I think your impression of street racing may be people doing it around other cars or during the day in traffic or something and u know what i would agree , street racing can be dangerous, but i know 1fst and he wouldn't do anything stupid that would jeopardize his family , we are talking about racing on streets or freeways when there is little to no traffic and the conditions are right..You would be a dumbass to race in the rain or in traffic , this i would agree..I dunno if you guys just live in the city or what , but around here there are places to race that are perfectly within limits and not anymore dangerous then driving in general..
Old 12-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Banned

I actually ran a G35 last night off a second gear roll and I pulled on him by one car. We took it half way through third and then cut it

I was surprised as well but from driving the g35 previously, second gear didnt feel as great as third or fourth for some reason? OH well
Old 12-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Advanced

hey Hurleysurf24 , what mods do you have ??
Old 12-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by leeo
well technically any kind of driving can get you killed..Drinking and driving can get you killed , im sure you don't go to your local bar and start talking shit about how they could kill someone when they are going home do you ??? Why , because im sure someone would just kick your ass and keep drinking , But im sure your real quick to jump on someone for street racing over the internet..You act like you have never done it , im sure at one point in your life you have and under the right conditions you felt that it was safe enough to be able to handle the limits of the car..I think your impression of street racing may be people doing it around other cars or during the day in traffic or something and u know what i would agree , street racing can be dangerous, but i know 1fst and he wouldn't do anything stupid that would jeopardize his family , we are talking about racing on streets or freeways when there is little to no traffic and the conditions are right..You would be a dumbass to race in the rain or in traffic , this i would agree..I dunno if you guys just live in the city or what , but around here there are places to race that are perfectly within limits and not anymore dangerous then driving in general..
your right driving in general is dangerous. I rarely engage in a street race. there are too many factors beyond your control to consider. here in the Bay Area CA you see all kinds of idiots racing around. sure there are road out in rural areas in which you can open it up but then again you never know when some farmer on his tractor is going to put out onto the road.

The thing is if you think your car is fast, your going to be sporting it around all the time. That just puts you into too many situation that you could hurt yourself or others.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Banned

all i have is a CAI and slipping treansmission (it grabbed third so freaking late lol)

g35 appeared stock
Old 12-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by shodog
your right driving in general is dangerous. I rarely engage in a street race. there are too many factors beyond your control to consider. here in the Bay Area CA you see all kinds of idiots racing around. sure there are road out in rural areas in which you can open it up but then again you never know when some farmer on his tractor is going to put out onto the road.

The thing is if you think your car is fast, your going to be sporting it around all the time. That just puts you into too many situation that you could hurt yourself or others.
Well stated.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:03 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by leeo

Well, I'll respond to one person instead of engaging in a flamefest over this.

Streetracing, like any illegal activity, can be rationalized. The streets aren't for racing - period. You don' t have rights to treat them as tracks. There are no right conditions on the streets - I guess one can say that it's okay in the middle of the desert on a deserted highway.

But then, if you do come up over a rise at 125 and some poor guy is changing a tire past the dip and you delay a half a second - WHAM. That happened near me about five years ago and a friend of mine who is an EMT had to pretty much scrape up the remains of the poor guy who who was splattered all over the back of his car and the surrounding area. Something like that probably has happened on a track someplace - but every driver out there knows the danger and has agreed to it - in legal and personal terms.

That is NOT the case on the public roads.

The point is 1) the other drivers who may come upon an impromptu race haven't agreed to participate, and 2) no one can 'guarantee' the conditions - the fact that you or someone else tells me that they've deemed someplace 'safe' is completely BS and without validity. You cannot assure yourself of legal or logical safety in those surroundings. You're 'safe' until all of sudden .... you're not.

As to being quick to step on someone about streetracing on the internet - well, that works both ways. Some people (or rather person) is/are being real brave now and flaming back - I doubt that they'd act that way if we were 'in person.' And that basically means this argument is moot and doesn't mean squat. So what? Something is either right or it isn't.

Streetracing is stupid and dangerous - you can kid yourself about being cautious and safe about it, but unless you have your own track or private road, you're on my dime (and every other taxpayer) when you hit the public roads thinking you're Dale Earnhardt Jr. There are plenty of dragstrips and tracks with reasonable rates waiting for your car - whatever its' marque.

Take it to the track.

- Riff
Old 12-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Banned

Hey i dont know if you guys know this but this is a acura tl site so all you nissan guys need to go to your own site and talk shit to the m3 guys that are mopping you guys up.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Senior Moderator

and talk shit to the m3 guys that are mopping you guys up.

....cause the TL sure aint doing it!!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:58 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by F23A4

:padlock: :padlock: :padlock:
Old 12-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by EZZ

:padlock: :padlock: :padlock:
I couldnt pass that up.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Banned

Who the hell are to say anything. You drive a slow ass piece too. A maxima, please. And you had a CL before then. And from what it looks like from your name it was a 4cyl. So shut your slow ass up nissan
Old 12-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Instructor

I couldnt pass that up.

Triple amen on that!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Who the hell are to say anything. You drive a slow ass piece too. A maxima, please. And you had a CL before then. And from what it looks like from your name it was a 4cyl. So shut your slow ass up nissan

Yeah a "slow ass piece". Seems like you should know.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Banned

Yeah a "slow ass piece". Seems like you should know.
Yeah, that makes no sense what so ever. I'll mop you up all day. So about me having a slow car, you better think again. Don't be mad that your car doesn't compare to the TL or G35. Oh yeah, shut up the big boys are talking
Old 12-10-2004, 01:03 PM
10th Gear

Hey i dont know if you guys know this but this is a acura tl site so all you nissan guys need to go to your own site and talk shit to the m3 guys that are mopping you guys up.

Wtf? I wasn't talking sh1t to anyone but you '1fasttl' - I probably would like 90% of the Acura owners. I was an Acura owner too, and if I'm lucky I'll be an Acura owner again too one day (of an NSX - love those sweet things.)

As to talking trash about M3's - the Infiniti site I am on most is pretty decent and we don't fanboy race everyone - most of us actually take it to the track and keep it there.

My problem on Acurazine is YOU 1fasttl - not the car, not the marque!

- Riff
Old 12-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Banned

Yeah Yeah. Let it go already. Your like a bitch. Always wanting the last word. If it makes you a bigger person then there you got it. Your funny. You have a problem with me? Why cause of one stupid little race!!! Let it go man, Let it go!!!

Quick Reply: Another G35 Mop up story