Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
his crazy idea!
Old 07-06-2004, 09:31 AM
10th Gear

You really think that im gonna make such a big effort in grammar while im on the net. You 2 or 3 fools who were talking about my english.
1. Most of the people from that school are poeple who come from other countries (like myself). Due to that fact why should i bother making a huge effort to write correctly on the internet in a language that is different from mine.

So to these ignorants who have nothing better to do than just critisize others: Ron A, Eduardo, Nighthawker.
JUST THINK BEFORE WHRITING DOWN STUPID SHIT, and stop hating.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:50 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by YungEl
You really think that im gonna make such a big effort in grammar while im on the net. You 2 or 3 fools who were talking about my english.
1. Most of the people from that school are poeple who come from other countries (like myself). Due to that fact why should i bother making a huge effort to write correctly on the internet in a language that is different from mine.

So to these ignorants who have nothing better to do than just critisize others: Ron A, Eduardo, Nighthawker.
Speaking other languages correctly is just out of respect. Whenever I speak or write English or Chinese I make sure to use propor grammar and/or spelling. So if you are indeed a college graduate as you say you are, you should understand the kind of etiquette needed to properly communicate yourself or else you just make yourself look like a fool. You are being far more ignorant by calling out fellow members. How would you like someone to go to your country and speak poorly and not care how they use the language? You are the one being a tool.

back on subject, my vote goes for the Acura TL.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Instructor

YungEl

hey man, chill and ignore those boneheads. and again, CONGRATS on your being a grad from Yale!!

Back to your initial question. Did you decide on the 300 or the TL. If the TL recommend wither White or Pearl Blue.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Instructor

I see the 300 as a Bentley wannabe. I can picture all rappers buying them and throwing dubs on their cars. It's shape reminds me alot of the styling that Bentley puts into theirs cars.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Pro

One thing about the 300C is that it garners a lot of attention. Which could be a bad thing in my experience (i.e. speeding tickets). I pulled into work today and had about 10 people fawn over the car and asked me how I liked it, etc. It seems to appeal to men more than women for whatever that's worth. Heck, even my previous car (BMW 528i) didn't get half the attention this car gets.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mobilezen
Speaking other languages correctly is just out of respect. Whenever I speak or write English or Chinese I make sure to use propor grammar and/or spelling.
Dude, if you're going to come out and blast someone for grammar and spelling, you should at least follow your own advice. Now you look like a bigger ass!
Old 07-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Life is good.

Originally Posted by Radcliffe1
"ANYWAY i love the front grill of that car, and my mom owned the Chrysler minivan n now Mercedes ML. They are both general motor cars and she's never had a single problem with those cars, they are well bult."..quote by YungEl

Ya both General Motor's cars...hehe
Yes, General Motor's cars. How about you :noob: .
Old 07-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mobilezen: before you brag that you use PROPOR grammar and spelling, you might want to spell check yourself.

As for the decision of the two cars.. Sure, the 300C has the option of the 5.7L. I hate just calling it the "Hemi" because if you come down to it, our engine is a Hemi, too. Ask anyone and I bet 9 out of 10 can't even tell you why it's called a Hemi.

A co-worker of mine just bought the 300C with the 5.7. It's built more solid than my 04TL, the body panels line up, the interior is much larger and more comfortable. Sure the nav screen is smaller and not touch and not voice, but hell it still works. It does appear to be the same software was ours, the fonts and the maps look nearly identical.

Sure she gets 9mpg city because she's a leadfoot. But I got the snot beat out of me doing 80mph on the highway by another 5.7L 300C when he just floored it and drifted away like I was doing 5mph.

The interior is more subdued and a little more mature. You have to admit our TL is a gadget car and it looks very technological and it was made to look that way.

And I wouldn't dare to say that Chrysler has anything less than Acura for build quality. This 04TL is the ripest pile of crap Honda has ever put out in the last 20 years.

She got hers with the 5.7, HID, Navi, and 6disc changer out the door with taxes for just under 38K. I walked out for just over 37K for the 5AT. So it's not a HUGE difference.

Drive both and see what ya like.

Sure I'm an Acura fan and I love the "spirit" of my TL, but I'm soured on all the issues I'm having with it.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:43 PM
SOLD

Am I the only one who sees that for the back end of the 300 they pretty much transplanted the trunk of the Neon?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:46 PM
10th Gear

Thank you campIIIMAF,
After all this i think i might just go for a TL even tho is has massive construction defaults from wat ive heard. Its true the 300C is a massive car so ill probably end up wit a nice NBP TL.
Plus i much rather have a manual transmission, ive always thought automatics are kind of boring and in general they are slightly slower.
I know i would regret having a Tl if i had to go with the 300C so i guess ive made my decision. TL all the way.
Thanks to all of you who helped ( not the haters ).
Old 07-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Burning Brakes

congrats Yung. get a late build (over 50 or 60K vin#) 04, or see if you can even hold out till 05 since they are only around 3 months away. Hopefully a few more bugs can be worked out and you can get a sweet ride from the start.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:03 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by VQ35DE
My wife (the consumate Domestic car hater) saw the 300M parked next to my Max and fell in love with it. IMO, the car is DEFINITELY more of a looker than the TL and it has performance to boot. (even the 6MT TL cant run with it). The style screams GANGSTA!!! (Not unlike the Infiniti M45.)

However, I wouldnt get it over the TL. I'd just feel better saying that I have an Acura TL in my garage than a Chrysler 300M.

$.02
300M or 300/C, the 300M is the outgoing car?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Burning Brakes

As a couple of people have said, with the QC problems the TL's experiencing (as confirmed by Dick Colliver), I wouldn't dismiss the 300 as a "piece of shit Chrysler". A lot of the drive train is from the M-B E Class and the car has a lot going for it. If I was looking for a big high performance 4 door, I'd definitely consider it. Props to Chrysler for both going back to RWD and producing a car that's not a clone of every other car on the road.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Shoulda kept the pedal down...

But I got the snot beat out of me doing 80mph on the highway by another 5.7L 300C when he just floored it and drifted away like I was doing 5mph
Well you shoulda just kept the pedal down a little longer. The 300C is speed limited to 126 mph because of the cheapo tires. The TL would have eventually caught up and passed the 300C, all the way to a non limited 145 mph.

The Hemi is hardly a stellar engine. All it has going for it is the cylinder deactivation, if you want to call that signficant, and raw displacement. If you look at the HP and torque output per litre there are other engines doing considerably better today than the Hemi on that basis.

As for the looks, I agree with the post above about the 300 being too visible on the road and ripe pickin's for the constabulary to home in on. And the Magnum looks like something sat on the rear end and squashed it down.

Regarding the comment about somebody from Toyota working at Chrysler so the quality should be better, don't hold your breath. Toyota quality is ingrained from top to bottom in the company, it isn't based on one person. If it were that simple, GM, Ford, and DCX would have caught up with Toyota years ago since they all hired away plenty of people from Toyota, to no particular effect.

On the flip side there are a several people who went to Toyota from da "big 2.5" and they would never go back because they wouldn't want the frustration of not being to get the job done. Read the book "The End of Detroit" and see what they have to say.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Wassup all of you people
Im 21 just graduated from Yale and as a gift i am to get a car. The TL was on my mind for a while but lately the new 300C has gotten me confused.
Wat amazes me is that it only starts at 23K and change.
Tho i am a pretty big guy and the 300C is quite bigger and cheaper i might just go for it also knowing that i can get the 300C with a 5.7 V8 340hp with all the options i want for 35K and change and the TL would just be a bit more.

I just wanted to know wat u guys thought about this crazy idea of mine

CHRYSLER 300
While I have had my fair share of issues with my TL, I would not recommend a Chrysler anything over any Asian car, now I am not thrilled with my TL, so if it is TL vs. 300C only then I would say TL. Otherwise maybe look at G35. There is nothing like the feel of a good old V8, but the quality of Chyrsler even with the influence of MB has still not been up there with the Asians.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aegir
There is no comparison unless the 300C has the Hemi. Price it loaded and the 300C is quite a bit more (with fewer options) than the TL, and don't expect any discounts. IMO the 300C does nothing as well as the TL except accelerate in a straight line. Drive them both, preferably back to back, and that will be apparent.
Saw one a month ago with $1500 discount and $500 dealer cash back. This kind of promotion on a brand-new, not new generation, but BRAND NEW car is enough to scare me away.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Monte TLS,MAX
300M or 300/C, the 300M is the outgoing car?
The 300C Monte. You can see how much attention I pay to any Chrysler product. (...took me several months to realize that the Prowlers I've seen on the road really were production cars, not Barrett-Jackson acquisitions by a few enthusiasts.)

The last Chrysler I had any regard for was the Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ccin1492
Dude, if you're going to come out and blast someone for grammar and spelling, you should at least follow your own advice. Now you look like a bigger ass!

OWNED!!! Mobilezen----->
Old 07-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Mike

Originally Posted by jrcase
I am going through a buyback on my car that I have owned for two months. I have (had) a Chrysler 300C (Hemi) and the quality bug bit it hard. LOT's of people are having quality problems already. See my story here:

http://jrcase0.tripod.com/my2005chrysler300cnightmare/
Did you see this? I'm not sure the link is still there.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikekit
Did you see this? I'm not sure the link is still there.
No, the link is no longer valid. At the request of Chrysler, I took it down. Keep in mind, I know of two others going through a buyback too. The 300 forums are full of people who are having the same problem I was. If you want the 300C, I would wait until next years model (2006). Maybe they can get things worked out by then.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Mike

Originally Posted by jrcase
No, the link is no longer valid. At the request of Chrysler, I took it down. Keep in mind, I know of two others going through a buyback too. The 300 forums are full of people who are having the same problem I was. If you want the 300C, I would wait until next years model (2006). Maybe they can get things worked out by then.
Were you happy with the way Chrysler treated you during your ordeal with the 300C? Did you remove your letter because you were satisfied?
Old 07-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikekit
Were you happy with the way Chrysler treated you during your ordeal with the 300C? Did you remove your letter because you were satisfied?
In the end they came through. I removed the website because they are doing what I consider fair (now). It is a shame I had to create the website in the first place, however.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Advanced

The Chrysler is big and in my opinon getting uglier each time I look at it. Also, the Chrysler will be in the shop probably 30 to 45 days a year based on my experience with their products.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Road Rage
A 300C in 5 years will be less expensive than a new Civic. Then there is the terrific quality control at Daimler-Chrysler; even the Mercs are crap these days. They cannot keep their parts suppliers QC high enough to make a reliable car, so how do you expect Chrysler can? I looked at the 300C Hemi and the Dodge Magnum, and I ended up here. I voted with my dollars.
This guy just graduated from Yale and he is getting a >35k car as a gift. Resale value is probably not foremost on his mind. Good thing, Chryslers have none.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It is a shame I had to create the website in the first place, however.
Well, there's one telling difference to consider. It took a damning web site to get Chrysler to the table on your vehicle. The member here, who got his TL replaced, didn't have to go to that extreme to get a settlement from Honda. 'Nuf said.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Drifting

Aww damnit! @$%#$^#% I messed up my own ownage. I can laugh at myself. It's good to be humbled once in awhile. It's not like I'm gonna hang myself or what's worse, go buy a G35. :fingerfawk:
Old 07-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Burning Brakes

I know one guy got his TL bought back, but who got it replaced ?? Maybe I need to talk to him about my saga and them ignoring me for 3 weeks now about replacing it.

I think both sides can say .. DON'T BUY A FIRST PRODUCTION YEAR

the TL and the 300C both have their production bugs.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:19 PM

I see the 300 as a Bentley wannabe. I can picture all rappers buying them and throwing dubs on their cars. It's shape reminds me alot of the styling that Bentley puts into theirs cars.
Cough, like the TL being a BMW wananbe down to the blatant rip in the side (crease). Pot calling the kettle black bub.
The last Chrysler I had any regard for was the Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo.
Viper? I'd get one in a hearbeat (i actually like the previous model better).
I cannot believe ya'll are bashing the dude for grammar (its the fucking internet not a job interview) and the 300C like the TL is built any better.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:24 AM
9th Gear

Take it easy YungEl. Bad English is bad English regardless of where you're from or that you're writing it on the net. Your English didn't come across to me as if you were from another country so if that's your excuse, fine. Everyone on this forum (myself included) misspells or uses grammar incorrectly once in a while, but to accept it just because it's written on the net is not an excuse. No "hate" intended either. Heck, if you were going to get down on me on something, I thought it would've been about me making fun of you thinking Chrysler and Mercedes were part of General Motors.

I know this forum is for discussing the TL so forgive me as I'm off this grammar soap box and congrats on making the right TL decision.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Not my cup of tea. The Stealth RT Turbo (aka 3000GT VR4) has some serious mod potential but stock they ran sub-5 second 0-60 times and upper 13s. With mods, they're SICK!!! But, this is just me.

Digressively, I'd still get the Z06 over the Viper. I dont believe the Viper to be $30G+ better than the Z06. Especially given that Vettes can easily be modded to Viper performance levels. I dont like Chevy's but I've gotta give credit where credit is due.

$.02
Old 07-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Cough, like the TL being a BMW wananbe down to the blatant rip in the side (crease). Pot calling the kettle black bub.
I cannot believe ya'll are bashing the dude for grammar (its the fucking internet not a job interview) and the 300C like the TL is built any better.
Why is a moderator from ClubLexus who does not own a TL and does not intend to buy a TL posting on the Acura TL forum?

BJ
Old 07-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by boltjames
Why is a moderator from ClubLexus who does not own a TL and does not intend to buy a TL posting on the Acura TL forum?

BJ
Trying to sway potential TL owners to get a Lexus ES series? lol. Who knows. These are open forums, people can post as they please. You know there's always 1 or 2 troublemakers in the batch.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:56 PM
SOLD

BJ
Billy goat billy goat...
Old 07-07-2004, 09:58 PM

BJ
Not anymore. The Acura-Cl board's members are a breed above some of you. Some of you are simply the saddest, stupidist muthafuckers on the planet, which many internet forums agree with. This site has plain ol gotten WORSE with the new TL and a new breed of turd.

You'll be posting from the dealership soon when your shit breaks down, still in denial. Peace.

P.S. If you want to buy American made products, do us all a favor and buy a Chevy or something.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:03 PM
You touch my tra la la...

You're a tard.

P.S. I'm a new breed of turd.

guess these forums suck so we won't see you anymore, kthxbye
Old 07-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Guys, enjoy your cars...