Acura mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:28 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura mods

hey guys im a first time mod guy and jw something to do to my integra for speed and hp without spending ton of money?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

What version Integra do you have? LS, GS-R, Type-R?

If you're going for speed, I would start by upgrading your intake and headers. It'll definitely help get your car breathing better. Exhaust will help minimally, but not as much as intake/headers would. I may be wrong, but a bigger exhaust IMHO won't do much. I feel that it is a waste of money for most cars simply becuase unless you're doing some heavy mods, you won't be building up enough back pressure to warrant the need for bigger piping.

The next step after intake/headers would be to upgrade your throttle body, port match your stock intake manifold or replace the intake manifold entirely with an aftermarket one. One thing to note though is that if you increase hte runner length on the intake manifold you're going to lose low end torque, but will certainly add HP at the top end.

There's lots you can do, just depends on how far you're willing to go, and what your wallet size is. Don't expect that much power from intake and headers though.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 PM
4th Gear

its an ls and i was thinking about maybe switching my head to a b16 vtech and ordering the golden eagle ls kit for it, buying skunk2 cams and ordering injectors but not sure what kind is the best for these acuras.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:04 PM
4th Gear

whats the cc for the injectors for an ls integra?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by integra98
its an ls and i was thinking about maybe switching my head to a b16 vtech and ordering the golden eagle ls kit for it, buying skunk2 cams and ordering injectors but not sure what kind is the best for these acuras.
to be honest i never wanted to upgrade the cams and injectors on my integras because i always felt that upgrading the cams and componenets in the head put a lot more pressure on the internals so i never did it because i would want to upgrade my pistons, rings, crank to avoid blowing my motor. thats just me thou. there are a few more guys on the board that have integras so hopefully they will chime in on that subject matter.

i dont know if you have a manual, but one thing you could do to help deliver power to the wheels is to upgrade to the type-r flywheel if its compatible with the clutch in the LS integra or go aftermarket. i went with the type-r flywheel because its lighter and you get the oem reliability
Old 11-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
if your really interested in doing the LS-VTEC, I can hopefully give u some pointers having previously had one.

when I built mine, I used a b16A2 head from a 99-00 civic si.
I left the head stock, and in awhile you'll see why.

as far as the block, I had the crank and rods micro-polished,and P30 pistons out of a JDM b16.

to control all of it, you will need to use an OBD1 computer, which could possibly mess with your emissions test in your state(if applicable) it didn't bother me. the tuner I used chipped a P28 ecu with Crome and wrote/had a map for LS-V's.(you will need this saying that this motor was never produced by Honda and therefore doesn't have an ecu that can control it off the shelf.

as far as the intake/exhaust, I used a 3" short ram intake with a BPI velocity stack and a K&N filter. for the exhaust side, I had a Hytech replica header mated to a catless 2.5" exhaust.

when all was said and done, it ended up being roughly $4-5k with labor, tuning, etc. it was slightly pricy, but I had an all-motor mostly stock setup that put down 175whp and 145ft-lbs.

sure, u can leave the block as-is with the LS internals, but if your going this route, I'd suggest upgrading the pistons. get rods if you'd like to eventually boost it. the head would be fine stock unless you have plans, whether it be all-motor or forced induction.

anyhow, there's my 2 cents. good luck, and enjoy your teg!