Acura DN-X Concept To Make Debut at New York Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Certified Lurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura DN-X Concept To Make Debut at New York Auto Show

From Hondanews.com.......isnt this simaler to the stuf on the Honda Dulenote (sp?) otherwise, this thing is gonna be a screemer Only prob. is its prob. going to look rediculous like the RD-X...thers pics of it on the site, and although there sketches, it looks stupid.

Infused with the latest technology and combining the style, handling and exhilarating driving experience of a high-performance sports car with the comfort and convenience of a luxury sedan, the Acura DN-X concept sports sedan will be introduced at the New York International Auto Show, the company announced today.
The mid-engine, all-wheel-drive DN-X concept is equipped with a unique 400 horsepower hybrid powertrain that combines a high-output, 3.5-liter, DOHC, i-VTEC V-6 engine powering the rear wheels and a supplemental Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system that provides additional power to all four wheels via electric motors to produce outstanding performance as well as unprecedented fuel economy.

Designed as a true sports car, the DN-X has been given a lightweight, highly rigid, state-of-the-art chassis tuned to provide the ultimate in handling and maximum aerodynamic efficiency. A wind tunnel-designed monocoque body, highly effective front spoiler, independent front and rear double wishbone suspension, large ventilated disc brakes and alloy wheels are just a few of the features enhancing the DN-X's sporty personality.

The DN-X concept also incorporates advanced technology such as night vision cameras, voice guidance, adaptive cruise control, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and the Active Torque Transfer System (ATTS) for increased traction control, and other features to enhance the driving experience.

Additional details on the Acura DN-X concept sports sedan will be available Thursday, March 28 at the New York International Auto Show. For more information about Acura's line of luxury performance automobiles, please visit www.acura.com. For media inquiries, please go to www.acuranews.com.
Old 03-20-2002, 07:11 PM
mister D

repost
Old 03-20-2002, 07:15 PM
Certified Lurker

oh...my bad.....i got to wake up........
Old 03-20-2002, 08:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like Honda is finally getting serious about making a true sports sedan. Hope they stay true to the concept.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:24 PM
Suzuka Master

original:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...light=dualnote