View Poll Results: Acura Customer For Life?
You bet! I will always buy Acura!
7.48%
I love my Acura but will always be open to other cars.
76.87%
I won't buy Acura again!
15.65%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Acura Customer For Life? All owners chime in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:17 AM
2010 SHAWD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Acura really rubbed me the wrong way with the handling of the transmission issue. We should have received a replacement transmission of their usual high quality standards but instead they give us the shaft and after 100k miles it's my issue.

I may purchase another Acura one day but no time soon. They simply don't have a car that appeals to me and they seem overpriced. I'd rather get a Lexus for the price I'd pay for a TL.

I'm selling my CLS on Wednesday and I've been driving a 1986 Mercedes. The Benz has less rattles than my bone stock CLS, which is pretty pathetic. Good riddance Acura, I hated having to drive 45 miles to get good customer service, I hated the transmission and your lack of loyalty to providing us with a decent fix to it.

Last edited by sonnyboyacura; 04-23-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
This is my first Honda product and I am more than happy with the driving fun and reliability. I am already considering adding a new Civic Sedan MT to the garage.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll always be open to considering Acura, but my next car will be a 335i. I'm tired of front wheel drive.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:36 AM
me,gill,and tl-s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a:

02 TL-S
94 Integra LS
Had a 93 integra GS
My cousin has and 02 CL-S
My best frieneds girlfriend has a 91 Integra LS
My best friends just bought and 86 Integra

my next car will be a 91 acura NSX-T

Acuras for life: but not the new acuras i have a problem with there styling.

this list does not even include the amount or hondas we have all had.

thanks,

Mrproul
Old 04-23-2007, 12:15 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
option #2.

but it will really depend on what's out there. if i was going to buy a car now, i would probably lean towards the g35 than tsx/tl. i just need to see what acura will offer. my next car will probably be bigger in size than my tsx. so i'll have to see what acura offers with the tl and rl. (or mdx?!). but i have no reason to not consider another acura.

i love my tsx and have had no major problems (knock on wood). and i've had pleasant experiences with acura and service. also, value is a big thing for me, and acura does offer lots for value at the moment.

but i would like to say that i will strongly consider a hyundai as my next car.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:01 PM
The Boss

I am a fan of Honda, but this is my first Acura.....

I am very impressed what the 3G TL has to offer they need to come out with something extremely impressive for me to get another TL...... otherwise I'm getting a Lexus or benz
Old 04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by sonnyboyacura
Acura really rubbed me the wrong way with the handling of the transmission issue. We should have received a replacement transmission of their usual high quality standards but instead they give us the shaft and after 100k miles it's my issue.

I may purchase another Acura one day but no time soon. They simply don't have a car that appeals to me and they seem overpriced. I'd rather get a Lexus for the price I'd pay for a TL.

I'm selling my CLS on Wednesday and I've been driving a 1986 Mercedes. The Benz has less rattles than my bone stock CLS, which is pretty pathetic. Good riddance Acura, I hated having to drive 45 miles to get good customer service, I hated the transmission and your lack of loyalty to providing us with a decent fix to it.
Your the first person I have ever seen that has said that the Acura is too expensive i.e. compared to a Lexus.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:03 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
If Honda/Acura stay with the current/future designs they have been showing, along with no V8 and no RWD, it's fair to say there will be no Acura's in my future.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I find this thread very funny in light of all the arguments going on over in the RL forum, particularly the "How come the RL is not selling well..." thread.

Hope some of the "fannish" people over in that thread don't see this thread, because you'll each be labeled "HATER!" like i've been for offering my opinion on why the RL does not sell or why I won't be driving an Acura anytime in the near future.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,882 Likes on 14,018 Posts
I like my CL-S...and am impressed with the lineup so far. That being said, I'm not closing the books on anything...

Future car considerations for me must include Infiniti, BMW, and even Lexus before I can honestly make a good decision.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:19 PM
S2000: S stands for Sheep

Originally Posted by Yumchah
I like my CL-S...and am impressed with the lineup so far. That being said, I'm not closing the books on anything...

Future car considerations for me must include Infiniti, BMW, and even Lexus before I can honestly make a good decision.
Sounds about right for me too... I have an 04 TL which I love, but so far have considered the new TL-S, G35, Lexus IS, a few Bimmers, and just this past weekend test drove a new Civic Si.... so there's still alot to consider when my lease ends...
Old 04-23-2007, 03:21 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumchah

My last 3 cars have been Honda/Acura so I'll likely be buying something else just for the sake of change. Unless Acura brings RWD to the table in the next few years. That could keep me in the fold.

But like many, besides the MDX there is currently NOTHING in Acura's lineup that I'd want. The fact that so many people here feel that way should be concerning to Acura exec's who I hope stop in here from time to time.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

They have until my warranty is up.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,982 Likes on 1,458 Posts
a couple of sad facts here... first of all, #2 is getting so many votes... and second, for an Acura forum/site... I keep getting Volvo's ad popping up
Old 04-23-2007, 05:49 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
04EuroAccordTsx, BoostedJack, CLpower, DelawareCLS, Edr0e, michiamo, Moog-Type-S, mypoorTSX, runnerX, sonnyboyacura, TypeSAddict = no love for acura.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
04EuroAccordTsx, BoostedJack, CLpower, DelawareCLS, Edr0e, michiamo, Moog-Type-S, mypoorTSX, runnerX, sonnyboyacura, TypeSAddict = no love for acura.

I love Acura/Honda, but they just don't have what I want...
Old 04-23-2007, 06:45 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by runnerX
I love Acura/Honda, but they just don't have what I want...
I know.. I probably get something else as well.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Race Director

Of course performance isn't that great with all their cars either FWD or SH-AWD. I want some RWD.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Race Director

Heres my take my car has been very good to me the one year I have owned it (actually 1 year tomorrow). I live near a GREAT acura dealer that have always treated me like I bought a fully loaded RL from them even though I bought a used TL from a private party. I LOVE the way the new acuras look. They seem to be problem free for the most part with the expection of a few little things. Also im not looking to buy again anytime soon either so who knows what they will have in a few years.

As far as competition lexus is too expensive once you pack on options. I know im going to get flamed for this but im just not a huge infiniti fan I just dont really like the way they look but of course to each his own. As far as the germans go yeah they are beautiful but once again we come back to the options thing. BMW in my opinion doesnt make great interiors (although they are fun to drive.) Benz is now at the bottem of realiablity ratings and im not that huge a fan anyway. Audi is actually my favorite german car but once again they can get pricey with options.

So for now I guess acura has a loyal customer. Its just too bad this loyal customer is broke and wont be buying a new car for a quite few more years anyway.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:51 PM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
What's funny is, most of them have an Acura in their screen names ..
Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Uses turn signals in my

If they bring back the CLS with RWD (I'd be alright with SH-AWD) then I'm definetely game. I like the new TL, MDX and all, but I'm thinking my next car may be a GTO, G35, IS350 or some sort of similar vehicle, I miss RWD, use to drive v8 RWD cars/trucks all the time when I was learning how to drive at 13.

But it doesn't matter to me right now because I got a long long time before I'll be able to afford a different car.

BTW: I love my CL! kicks ass! v6 engine with plenty of power and great gas mileage (I average 24.5 mpg+ easy with suburban driving), can't do much better at my age.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I too voted #2 but most likely this will be my last Acura for awhile (that is unless they come out with something that really turns my head). I want something slightly larger than my TL with RWD. Not some form awd.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I would love to own a RWD car since most of the cars I've owned had always been FWD. However, I have not found any in the same class that I really like. I'm not too fond of German cars due to their red interior lights and plastic interior. Infiniti seems to like that side profile for ALL of their cars, thus, they all look the same despite having a FMC, e.g., 1G and 2G Infiniti G35 looking alike. I would love to own a Lexus, but they're pricey and their sport model don't offer a manual except in the IS250. That's why I'll be holding onto my 6MT 3G TL for awhile until something really catches my eyes.

One good thing about Honda/Acura is that they know how to design their interiors. I've always admire how well they build cars around it. And I agree with everyone about the styling . . . it needs to be bolder rather than bland.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Burning Brakes

my acura's been great to me but it just doesn't offer the excitement that other cars do, mainly because of it's age, but even after driving other newer models, they still dont compare. the TSX, for example, doesn't offer the fit and finish/excitement of the BMW 3 series, which will most likely be my next car.

acura makes a good product but until they come out with something great, (which doesn't appear to be anywhere in the near future) i wont be purchasing from them.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:01 AM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
Of course performance isn't that great with all their cars either FWD or SH-AWD. I want some RWD.
I feel you.. I came from rwd so wanted to try fwd but after having my tsx I think I'm going back to rwd.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:01 AM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by mystikk
What's funny is, most of them have an Acura in their screen names ..
you're right..
Old 04-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I feel you.. I came from rwd so wanted to try fwd but after having my tsx I think I'm going back to rwd.
I've read so many times here about people wanting to go RWD...but where are the people that have RWD that want to go back to FWD...especially in the TL's class and higher? maybe Acura should look at that statistic.

Around me, it snows during the winter. we're not as bad as up further north, but we still get at least 2 decent snow storms per winter. I know some people with TLs or Camries and Accords who bought their car for the good performance/value/quality, but not because they HAVE to have FWD. The people who worry about bad weather usually end up getting AWD (subi's and audi's or SUVs).

I think there are some people that still believe that they should buy a car for 5 days out of 365 days (those 5 days that there is actually snow on the road around here), but those people include my parents and grandma who aren't car people...most "think" FWD is better in snow (product of dealer mis-information over the years of FWD glory), but still bought their FWD car for other reasons besides the FWD.

I may end up getting a used 2-gen RL when my lease is up, mostly because of the price for what you get. But besides that, unless Acura goes RWD with something other than the next NSX, I'll be looking elsewhere.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:19 AM
2010 SHAWD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tell those idiots at Acura to give me a darn transmission that doesn't die every 2 miles and then maybe I'd stuck with them. The transmission just recently started going to neutral on its own while its in drive.

The other thing is that their lineup has nothing that interests me at the time and is imo overpriced. The TL is cool but for that money I'd rather get a Lexus. At least I wouldn't have to worry about the transmission are terrible customer service. It's a shame that I have to drive 40 some miles to Tischer Acura just to get good service.

The only thing I like about Acura is this great forum, it's posters and administrators.

My next car may be one of the following...
GS
G37
S2000

Last edited by sonnyboyacura; 04-24-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
i'd like a new RL as a second or third car
Old 04-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
well after all the issues with the tranny's, i wouldn't blame anyone if they jumped ship...hell, if i had an auto w/ problems, i'd never buy an acura again either
Old 04-24-2007, 01:17 PM
me,gill,and tl-s

Originally Posted by SG81
well after all the issues with the tranny's, i wouldn't blame anyone if they jumped ship...hell, if i had an auto w/ problems, i'd never buy an acura again either

bah! a tranny is easy to fix they seem to have figured it out. if my tranny goes out i will just have it fixed and drive the car. i have gone through so many trannys in all my civic's and integras that it is just a fact of owning any car. all cars have there problems, benz's have horrible electrical problems, volvos are made like shit thanks ford, saab is gm crap, beemer is alright but they just seem they have to give you free maintinace for 5 years, and it is limited to the douche bag population. for the money and reliability i would have to say acura.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
The only car i like in the whole acura line up is the new MDX... which i wont buy.

i wont buy another acura ever: #1 their shitty service #2 they do not listen to their customers #3, they kept on offering accord look alike flagship

on the other hand.. i dont think we are their target market anyways,..

Their target is camry/accord buyers.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:24 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

i have no problems buying another acura, i've owned honda's all my life. (doesn't mean i don't drive other cars)

man, too many haters...
Old 04-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I like the new CTS. I have my eye on that.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I lust for either a TL-S or 328I both 6 speed. Other than that pretty much nothing I would pay top dollar for.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Moto Enthusiast

The RL is my first Acura and my last. It was one of those "Best bang for the Buck" purchases that left me disappointed and bored a year later. Despite some minor problems, it's still a good car, but it doesn't excite me and none of their lineup does for me. In the future, I'll probably be looking more for the German or Italian flair. German being BMW, Porsche, or Audi. Italian being Ducati or MV Agusta because i can't afford a Ferrari or Lambo.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
My 05TL was my first Acura, and like I have said many times, its the first car I've had that I actually considered keeping for more than two years. I will probably end up keeping it for good eventhough I was considering trading it in for the 07 TL-S. I am very pleased with my car and Acura as a whole and it will always be at the top of my list when shopping for new cars, but I will always be open to brands like Infiniti.

My dad still has his 93? Legend coupe, over 260K miles and he recentely bought a 04 RL back in 04.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been a Honda/Acura fanboy every since I can remember, however for the first time ever I will consider other brands.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
I went with Infiniti, but I'm thinking of replacing my commuter CL with a Legend Coupe!
Old 04-27-2007, 02:59 PM
50? you must be kidding!

Been driving Honda cars since 1982 and have loved every one of them, but, I will always be open to other cars....as soon as I find one I like better. My CL is 8 years old and I just can't part with it! GREAT car

Quick Reply: Acura Customer For Life? All owners chime in!