A4 Avant vs. Infiniti EX35?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 07:54 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
If I put touch-screen nav in a Pinto does that make it better than an Audi?

No, All I said is that the EX offers more tech then the audi, thats it.. ANd the engine is a great engine.. why twist my words?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
If I am wrong about anything I said Please correct me.. I work for infiniti so if someone asks a question about it I know more about it then 95% of the people on this board, but I am not perfect.. If I misspoke about anything the PLEASE correct me, I do not know much about audi, I am only familiar with the Q7, So if I misrepresented anything then please correct me.. If not then stop hating..
Old 12-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by StonedCL
I love the haters, The more people hate The more I love IT!!
Like My manager said to me, The more the other sales people hate on me, The more I make them hate on me.. When someone has soo many haters that means I am doing sumtim right! So far no one proved me wrong, I know the audi does not have 4 camera,s nor a touch screen nav, so where am I wrong?
Please tell..

Your grammar.

I'm just curious as to why you think a touchscreen navigation system is "better" than a non-touchscreen system??

Also, do we really need 4 cameras on our cars?? Why are you keep on acting like Infiniti is the best brand because it has 4 cameras?? If it is that great to have 4 cameras on cars, why aren't other high-end brands putting them on their cars? Don't say they are not capable of doing it because most likely they are.

I'm just curious. That's all.

btw, you are a tool, that's for sure. I would NEVER purchase anything from a car salesman who talks like you. You have this particular attitude that makes me dislike you, not because you are doing anything right. FYI, you are not doing anything right in this case.

Last edited by JS + XES; 12-07-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I drive a Subata.

No, All I said is that the EX offers more tech then the audi, thats it.. ANd the engine is a great engine.. why twist my words?
and this 2.0T engine in Audi is?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I drive a Subata.

If I am wrong about anything I said Please correct me.. I work for infiniti so if someone asks a question about it I know more about it then 95% of the people on this board
Sir, you are very wrong.

If I misspoke about anything the PLEASE correct me, I do not know much about audi, I am only familiar with the Q7, So if I misrepresented anything then please correct me.. If not then stop hating..
If you are not much familiar with Audi, don't bring up a comparison on the table. If you are going to make a bold statement like "VQ is a great engine", you should read up on B8's 2.0T.

Have you ever driven B8 Avant? I doubt it.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
When someone has soo many haters that means I am doing sumtim right!
Or you are doing something so wrong it's retarded. That's a matter of perspective and we know where your perspective is. :troutslap
Old 12-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Team Owner

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=17
Old 12-07-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by JS + MS3
Sir, you are very wrong.

If you are not much familiar with Audi, don't bring up a comparison on the table. If you are going to make a bold statement like "VQ is a great engine", you should read up on B8's 2.0T.

Have you ever driven B8 Avant? I doubt it.
Damn, I actually own the car and I don't even have to do anything to support it, just stand back and watch the minions do the work.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Belzebutt
Damn, I actually own the car and I don't even have to do anything to support it, just stand back and watch the minions do the work.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I drive a Subata.

^ I didn't really care in the beginning, but he kept on bashing on B8 Avant when he actually doesn't know anything about it.

It's just funny how some idiotic car salesmen bring up a comparison when they don't even know what they are comparing.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Infinity FTW!!!

Yes the "Y" on the end was intentional.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm the Firestarter

^ I didn't really care in the beginning, but he kept on bashing on B8 Avant when he actually doesn't know anything about it.

It's just funny how some idiotic car salesmen bring up a comparison when they don't even know what they are comparing.
Yeeeess my pretty... go OOON.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Team Owner

Like I've said many times before, I have yet to come across a car salesman that knows more than the consumer about the vehicle they are selling. Let alone information about their competitors.

Here's a funny story that happened last month, my brother-in-law and I were out Tacoma shopping and went to a toyota dealership in Pasadena. Salesman asks why we want a RWD instead of the 4WD. He proceeds to tell us there is only a $800 difference between the two versions. My bro-in-law and I look at each other like, shoot, if it's only that much of a difference we'll take it, well knowing that it's a lot more than that since we've already done the research. He starts showing us the trucks. I kid you not, he shows us the 4WD sticker, reads the price to us at $32,000. Walks over to the 2WD, reads the sticker to us at $29,500 and then says "See, it's only an $800 difference." I tried so hard to not laugh. I flat out told him, do the math. He walks over looks at the other sticker again, comes back looks at the other sticker, thinks for a few seconds and then says "oh yea, you're right." At that point we walked away.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 PM
B A N N E D

First off, when did I bash the A4?
Second off Its not about the cameras, or the touch screen , which by the way u can also use the infiniti controller which is like the audi MMI, I was just pointing out what the Infiniti has in terms of tech that the audi does not... Making a comparison for someone..
And I am very familiar with the 2.0T which is a great engine till you put 80K miles on it.
All I was pointing out was the differences, I even said that I personally did not even like the EX untill I drove it, Not once have I bashed the A4.. BTW I really dont need you to buy a car from me.. I was at Infiniti 2 months and my 1st full month I was 2nd out of 15 sales man, and my first sale was to a member of acurazine, been a member since 2001 and he bought 2 cars from me , a M35x for him moms and a 2005 vette for himeself..

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=StonedCL+man

So as u can see I am having no trouble making a VERY GOOD living without selling you a car..
Old 12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
B A N N E D

Can you please tell me or show me how I bashed the a4 once?
And no I never drove a a4 avant but did drive a 2009 a4 2.0T w/s line pkg, and alot of older a4's.. I have worked at car dealers for 6 years now, thats longer then u even had your license I Know I drove ALOT more cars then you .. trust me..

Last edited by StonedCL; 12-07-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:17 PM
B A N N E D

Your grammar.

I'm just curious as to why you think a touchscreen navigation system is "better" than a non-touchscreen system??

Also, do we really need 4 cameras on our cars?? Why are you keep on acting like Infiniti is the best brand because it has 4 cameras?? If it is that great to have 4 cameras on cars, why aren't other high-end brands putting them on their cars? Don't say they are not capable of doing it because most likely they are.

I'm just curious. That's all.

btw, you are a tool, that's for sure. I would NEVER purchase anything from a car salesman who talks like you. You have this particular attitude that makes me dislike you, not because you are doing anything right. FYI, you are not doing anything right in this case.

Again about my Grammer..LOL.. English is a 2nd language to me , I know my grammer is not perfect but I am sure if you tried writing in a 2nd language your grammer would be off too..
Old 12-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
Like I've said many times before, I have yet to come across a car salesman that knows more than the consumer about the vehicle they are selling. Let alone information about their competitors.

Oh the stories i have from car shopping. Always a hoot dealing with car salesmen sometimes.

But dont argue with StoneCL, he knows more than 95% of this forum does.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:26 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
Oh the stories i have from car shopping. Always a hoot dealing with car salesmen sometimes.

But dont argue with StoneCL, he knows more than 95% of this forum does.
I said I know more about the Infiniti product the ex35 then 95% of you guys, again taking what I say out of context, just like all I did was bash the A4 in this thread yet I am waiting so someone can show me where once I bashed the A4?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:35 PM
FOR SALE - BM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have an EX35. the space in the back is a little tight, but my wife is barely hitting 5foot. i would have rather gotten a FJ, Denali, or something but those are just to big for her. an RDX or EX was all i was really looking at for the price point. The EX with all the goodies fully loaded and 0% interest was a no brainer for me. The car is fairly quick, very comfortable up front and works for me. the around the view cameras and Nav are all great. I think the EX looks like a G wagon with bigger tires. thats all.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by drdamian
i have an EX35. the space in the back is a little tight, but my wife is barely hitting 5foot. i would have rather gotten a FJ, Denali, or something but those are just to big for her. an RDX or EX was all i was really looking at for the price point. The EX with all the goodies fully loaded and 0% interest was a no brainer for me. The car is fairly quick, very comfortable up front and works for me. the around the view cameras and Nav are all great. I think the EX looks like a G wagon with bigger tires. thats all.
They actully increased the rear leg room about 4 inches from 2009 to 2010, so its a little better back there but still very tight.. I think instead of the Ex35 they need to build a car that fits in between the FX and the QX with a 3rd row cuz the FX is still a little tight and there is no way they can put a 3rd row in there and the QX is a monster.. They need something placed in between those two models.. Alot of older people like the EX cuz it is easy to get in and out, its the perfect hight for them but it is too small.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I said I know more about the Infiniti product the ex35 then 95% of you guys, again taking what I say out of context, just like all I did was bash the A4 in this thread yet I am waiting so someone can show me where once I bashed the A4?
We're not taking the time to explain the concept of logic to you.

Just because you know what's in the rear entertainment package of a FX50S does not mean you "know more about Infiniti" than the rest of us.

That shit is fluff and completely irrelevant to 95% (since you love that number) of us here on this board.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:21 AM
B A N N E D

Maybee it's irrelavent to you , but when someone is comparing two cars I think they would like to know what options you can get on one, that don't come on the other. I was just telling the OP what the EX had that the Audi lacks, thats it..Never once bashed the audi, but all you audi lovers jump on me, like I killed your first born.. You guys need to chill out they are JUST CARS!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
^^ Still irrelevant...the comparison you tried to make is laughable.

...seriously...touchscreen nav is the selling point? 4 cameras?

We know you are heavily biased....but seriously now.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:39 PM
B A N N E D

If it is so irrelavent then why does Lexus and MB have commercials stating that feature? They have teams for advertising and spend big money advertising , so if 4 cameras was irrelavent then why would they waste big dollars making commercials stating that they offer those options in there cars?
Would you spend millions making a commercial about things that where irrelavent?
When I show customers that option, 90% of the people that I show DO NOT think it is irrelavant, and LOVE the option, So I guess that you are the one person that thinks its irrelavent, and if so just keep you trap shut.. What you think and say is Irrelavent..
Old 12-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,768 Likes on 13,963 Posts

Yow. This thread...

Okay...feature-wise (and I'm talking about gadgetry), the EX35 wins in a landslide. But, in terms of utility, it's got nothing on the Audi Avant.

Looks-wise. The Audi wins in a landslide. The EX is just weird-looking...sorry. Not sure what Nissan-Infiniti was trying to do when they released it. What's wrong with the FX35? If you ask me, you don't need to absolutely SLOT a vehicle into every bloody price bracket/segement. And if that is really the prerogative...For the same price of the EX or even less, I'm sure Infiniti would have a much better winner if they released a G37-WAGON. But, hey...that's just me. (I don't sell cars! )

Anyhow, notch another vote for the Audi. It looks great and from all reviews and owners of the thing, you can't go wrong. If you want gadgets (i.e. 4-way camera, etc. etc.), at least go for the FX35. Say no to the EX.

That is all.

Sincerely,
An Infiniti Owner
Old 12-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I drive a Subata.

If it is so irrelavent then why does Lexus and MB have commercials stating that feature? They have teams for advertising and spend big money advertising , so if 4 cameras was irrelavent then why would they waste big dollars making commercials stating that they offer those options in there cars?
Would you spend millions making a commercial about things that where irrelavent?
When I show customers that option, 90% of the people that I show DO NOT think it is irrelavant, and LOVE the option, So I guess that you are the one person that thinks its irrelavent, and if so just keep you trap shut.. What you think and say is Irrelavent..
wow.

i got nothing more to say to you.

/thread
Old 12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
B A N N E D

wow.

/thread
I know u have nuttin more to say, cuz all you spewed was BS..
You said I bashed The a4, yet u have not showed me where ..
You said I have never drove the A4 , yet I have been selling cars longer then you have been driving, You have nuttin to say becouse you are wrong on every level..

Like I said B4 i make a very good living doing what I love to do, I try to help someone out by pointing out features of both cars , becuz I work for them and yet you have to put you 2 cents in a twist my words and try to bash me.. For what reason..I have no clue?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Spoken likey a greazzzy car salesman.....I'll give ya that much

You are still missing the point that everyone here has been trying to make clear to you.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Guys, guys... stop fighting over my car!

Old 12-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,768 Likes on 13,963 Posts
^
Old 12-08-2009, 11:36 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,846 Likes on 2,585 Posts
Wow, an overly prideful salesman who is completely brainwashed and biased towards their product...shocker.

And in 6 months when he switches to another dealer and another brand, he'll be blindly schilling their wares in the same manner.

Add the horrid english because its his second language and youve just got a shit ton of comedic stereotypes that are being proven correct.

I've dealt with salesmen twice your age and in the industry twice as long, and I've walked in knowing 4x as much as they have. It doesnt matter how long you have been a salesman...doesnt matter how many cars you may have driven.

Drop the schtick and move on...maybe come back to reality.

Or continue to flaunt your "knowledge" and how good a living you keep saying you make.

None of us here care, and the more you preach it, the less we like you.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow.

/thread
Dude I just read this whole thread and u never explained how this guy was bashing the Audi...his point is correct that u get more band for ur buck with the EX, nobody likes the looks of it, he even admitted that.

Ive read alot of ur posts on this Forum and u seem to be all about Mazda, which u also happened to own

BTW wanna explain how the Audi 4 banger is better than or even as good as the VQ?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:06 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,846 Likes on 2,585 Posts
Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
BTW wanna explain how the Audi 4 banger is better than or even as good as the VQ?

Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 AM
B A N N E D

Dude I just read this whole thread and u never explained how this guy was bashing the Audi...his point is correct that u get more band for ur buck with the EX, nobody likes the looks of it, he even admitted that.

Ive read alot of ur posts on this Forum and u seem to be all about Mazda, which u also happened to own

He is not going to answer you because he knows he is wrong..
I am not biased toward any car , but if the car is a better bang for the buck then it is.. I personally do not like the looks of the EX35 like I said before but for the price and eqipment it a great car..I own a TSX , and I just bought it last week, so If i was soo biased I would have spent the extra $100 a month and got a G or a EX, but for the price and bang for the buck the TSX was the best thing out there for me.. I never bashed the A4, its a great car and the 2.0T has ALOT of potential and it is a GREAT engine, but aafter you put some miles on it , It does not seem to drive the same , It acctully looses alot of power and is not as smooth as it was new, where the VQ drives great even with 100K miles.. And I have drove ALOT of 2.0T's with high milage and ALot of VQ's with high miles. Everytime we get a trade or buy a car from auction that I am not familiar with I drive it, and alot of people trade in there a4's for G's , IN the last month we got about 4 or 5 a4's.. I would guess the avant is not as nimble and fast as the sedan being it wieghs more also..
But u r right I never drove a avant yet..
Old 12-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I drive a Subata.

He is not going to answer you because he knows he is wrong..
I am not biased toward any car , but if the car is a better bang for the buck then it is.. I personally do not like the looks of the EX35 like I said before but for the price and eqipment it a great car..I own a TSX , and I just bought it last week, so If i was soo biased I would have spent the extra $100 a month and got a G or a EX, but for the price and bang for the buck the TSX was the best thing out there for me.. I never bashed the A4, its a great car and the 2.0T has ALOT of potential and it is a GREAT engine, but aafter you put some miles on it , It does not seem to drive the same , It acctully looses alot of power and is not as smooth as it was new, where the VQ drives great even with 100K miles.. And I have drove ALOT of 2.0T's with high milage and ALot of VQ's with high miles. Everytime we get a trade or buy a car from auction that I am not familiar with I drive it, and alot of people trade in there a4's for G's , IN the last month we got about 4 or 5 a4's.. I would guess the avant is not as nimble and fast as the sedan being it wieghs more also..
But u r right I never drove a avant yet..
wow.

/thread
Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 PM
The Box

Received 80 Likes on 59 Posts
Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 PM
now with 7 gears

Originally Posted by aznpxdd
Ricer? What I posted is what a S4 Avant essentially looks like (without the drop).
The devil's in the details. This is the S4 Avant, which is classy and I would rock it any day of the week. The wagon you posted sagging piece of crap with ugly oversized wheels. IMO silver two-tone side mirrors on the S-line FTL, but at least it looks better on the other colors.

EX <<< S4A

Last edited by Viscous; 12-09-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
now with 7 gears

Originally Posted by charliemike

Those are Audi RS4 reps in an offset color and the car is lowered. That's it.

Ridiculous comment of the day.
see post above.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by Viscous
see post above.
I think you have a personality disorder.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Took it out for some crazy-ass quattro "testing" today in this weather:

Yes I do have winter tires on.

More pics in the other thread.

Quick Reply: A4 Avant vs. Infiniti EX35?