The 98 auto m3 i use to beat just got a SC

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001 | 01:36 AM
Suzuka Master

The 98 auto m3 i use to beat just got a SC

Okay i dont' know if you all remember but My friend got a 98 auto m3 a while back and since day 1 I beat it w/ my car no problem. he then got exhaust, intake and chipped his car and after everymod we raced and I still came out on top. but its been about 4~5 months and this guy just IM's me and says he got a stage 2 dinan Supercharger for his m3. Im like 350hp to the wheels. he also teased me by saying his car is now in the shop getting a new body kit put on. Errrrrrrrr I told him wait till next yaer when I get my SC and i'll whoop butt again.
Old 07-18-2001 | 01:45 AM
Pro

Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
<STRONG>Okay i dont' know if you all remember but My friend got a 98 auto m3 a while back and since day 1 I beat it w/ my car no problem. he then got exhaust, intake and chipped his car and after everymod we raced and I still came out on top. but its been about 4~5 months and this guy just IM's me and says he got a stage 2 dinan Supercharger for his m3. Im like 350hp to the wheels. he also teased me by saying his car is now in the shop getting a new body kit put on. Errrrrrrrr I told him wait till next yaer when I get my SC and i'll whoop butt again.</STRONG>
I think you meant 350hp at the crank: http://www.dinanbmw.com/html/m3_e36/..._t_super_2.htm
But I don't think even with a sc can we beat a sc m3.. I know your friend's car is an auto but here is the 1/4 mile time for a stage 2 sc'ed m3.. 13.3 and 4.7secs for 0-60mph... maybe lighter wheels, sc, and CAI (since I noticed from your sig you do not have one) and it wil be close.. good luck =)
Old 07-18-2001 | 01:47 AM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
you no longer win
Old 07-18-2001 | 02:01 AM
Prostyle Owner

the nerve of that guy! getting a SC oh well what are you going to do about it... wait for a 6 speed and "comptech SC"

But this is partly a good thing and shows how good our cars are. He got pissed that he paid so much for a german car that gets beat by a jap/usa. And the sign of him getting a SC shows that it take extra power just to beat us

Got to love our CLS YEEEHAA!

Meanwhile make your car lighter i guess and hope his SC runs out of lube, and gl

later,
Dantes
Old 07-18-2001 | 02:07 AM
Pro

Dinan SC for the M3 costs $7,000 so when we ge tthe Comptech SC it will probably be 2-3K less than that.. another reason to feel good. =)
Old 07-18-2001 | 02:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Oh, okay, probably 350 at the crank sounds right. it was kinda fair game since we both have auto's. btw i think he paid 5g for it and runs 10lb boost. but gotta confirm the boost
Old 07-18-2001 | 05:40 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Dantes:
<STRONG>the nerve of that guy! getting a SC oh well what are you going to do about it... wait for a 6 speed and "comptech SC"

But this is partly a good thing and shows how good our cars are. He got pissed that he paid so much for a german car that gets beat by a jap/usa. And the sign of him getting a SC shows that it take extra power just to beat us

Got to love our CLS YEEEHAA!

Meanwhile make your car lighter i guess and hope his SC runs out of lube, and gl

later,
Dantes</STRONG>
This has to be the most egotistic post I've seen in a long time! You think that guy slammed down all that money JUST to beat the CLS? Man, you've got issues to work out. As for paying so much for a german car which gets beat by a US car, now thats funny. You think that if a car costs more than another that it should be able to beat the cheaper one?

Perfect example: You're probably pissed that the Joe down the street bought a $20k used Camaro SS and whooped your car. Getting your butt whooped by an American car now huh?

Also, why are YOU comparing the M3 auto vs. CLS auto? I've seen it on here many times that there is no comparison, they don't compare. Its like comparing apples to bananas. If you want to beat a german car that costs more than yours, go to most BMWs, Mercedes, Audis and inflate your ego.

Kids say the darnest things!
Old 07-18-2001 | 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by M3Sins:
<STRONG>

This has to be the most egotistic post I've seen in a long time! You think that guy slammed down all that money JUST to beat the CLS? Man, you've got issues to work out. As for paying so much for a german car which gets beat by a US car, now thats funny. You think that if a car costs more than another that it should be able to beat the cheaper one?

Perfect example: You're probably pissed that the Joe down the street bought a $20k used Camaro SS and whooped your car. Getting your butt whooped by an American car now huh?

Also, why are YOU comparing the M3 auto vs. CLS auto? I've seen it on here many times that there is no comparison, they don't compare. Its like comparing apples to bananas. If you want to beat a german car that costs more than yours, go to most BMWs, Mercedes, Audis and inflate your ego.

Kids say the darnest things! </STRONG>
Well actually heh DID get those put on to beat me. and the reason why I compare is because he's not just someone on the street I race that I don't even know what he has. He's a good friend of mine so just putting some specs and comparison.

Isn't there a bmw forum around somewhere
Old 07-18-2001 | 11:10 PM
Prostyle Owner

Originally posted by M3Sins:
<STRONG>

Kids say the darnest things! </STRONG>
Do i sense some jealous?

And no i don't think that more expensive cars should beat all cheaper cars. I have lived around mercedes for the last 11 years and i love them, i all i am saying is that after months M3 (that got so much looks about being fast) getting beat by the cls he goes and puts a SC, just wondering why else would a SC be nessasary other then to beat other cars off the line and during the race. Now if he were to use it to pull his boat up big hills to go fishing, then that is another story.

BTW, go to your dealership and see if they have addys of bmw related sites

Later,
dantes
Old 07-19-2001 | 12:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Dantes:
<STRONG>

Do i sense some jealous?

And no i don't think that more expensive cars should beat all cheaper cars. I have lived around mercedes for the last 11 years and i love them, i all i am saying is that after months M3 (that got so much looks about being fast) getting beat by the cls he goes and puts a SC, just wondering why else would a SC be nessasary other then to beat other cars off the line and during the race. Now if he were to use it to pull his boat up big hills to go fishing, then that is another story.

BTW, go to your dealership and see if they have addys of bmw related sites

Later,
dantes</STRONG>
Dantes, your right on the money, He doesn't go to the track all he does is street race. He does have alot of fishing gear, so may be he need some extra 'boost' for the fishing poles and weights.
Old 07-19-2001 | 12:52 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
<STRONG>

Dantes, your right on the money, He doesn't go to the track all he does is street race. He does have alot of fishing gear, so may be he need some extra 'boost' for the fishing poles and weights.</STRONG>
Is this in real life or is this a playstation game you are talking about?
Old 07-19-2001 | 12:58 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Dinan mods are nice (very expensive though)...had their Carbon CAI, Air flow meter, throttle body, software, and springs on my Mcoupe, they worked well (although the AFM caused my check engine light to come on constantly)- took many visits to the dealer to diagnose the problem.

All said and done, I spend like $5k in upgrades (B&B exhaust)...the SC is $7k+ Dinan's $2k warranty, plus installation (eating tax)- which would have cost me $10k cash price.....thats where I draw the line.

Drove the owners SC Mroadster...it was fast, but $10k fast....thats debatable.

I actually met Steve Dinan last Summer....very nice guy.

[ 07-18-2001: Message edited by: Beltfed ]