4 new Acura's in 4 years

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
4 new Acura's in 4 years

I had to go an Acura event this week and spent some time talking with a District Sales Manager who just got back from a big Corporate meeting.

I feel this info is very reliable, but he didn't go into a lot of specifics.

The basic idea is 4 new cars in 4 years. 3 of these we know about, the redesigned TL and TSX and the successor to the NSX. The 4th one is the one that interests me the most.

From what I have been told it will be a sub NSX sports car, most likely a 2 door convertible. I grilled him on specifics like powerplant and drive train, and would it basically be a TSX with 2 doors and a retractable roof but got no where (I don't think he had any further info and he know's I don't really care for unsubstantiated rumors). Someone suggested that it may be based on a S2000 which seemed like a good theory but it's just a theory.

Personally I'm hoping for something that can hang with the Lotus Exige, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I think the 3 you are right about...TL, TSX, and NSX.

Considering that 4 years from now is 2011, the 4th must be the RL...unless they decide to make the same mistakes they did and keep a product on the market way past its due date like they've done in the past.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to 2 years ago....

http://www.vtec.net/modelmatrix/

TOV has had those rumors listed for years... I've been talking about the sub-nsx (and linking the model matrix) since at least early last year...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=32

More proof that sales people (including District Sales Managers) don't know any more than we do... and in most cases, we know more than them
Old 08-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mrdeeno
I think the 3 you are right about...TL, TSX, and NSX.

Considering that 4 years from now is 2011, the 4th must be the RL...unless they decide to make the same mistakes they did and keep a product on the market way past its due date like they've done in the past.
Probably the RL redux... RL was redone for the 2005 MY, so it's due for it's 5 year FMC in 2009 (2010 MY).
Old 08-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

This was more regarding a timeframe than dramatic info on new models.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
More proof that sales people (including District Sales Managers) don't know any more than we do... and in most cases, we know more than them
I'm not saying I know everything, but when I say my info is reliable, it is. If I say it is rumor, it is.

I never post bullshit and claim it's the truth.

I was the 1st person to post acurate information (to the penny) on the pricing of the 2007 MDX on TOV (24 hours before the info was released by Acura), I'm very familiar with what goes on over there. I'm also the guy who explained to Jeff at TOV how to hook up his iPod to the Sport Ent MDX that he was driving over thanksgiving holiday last year as the owners manual does not give you that info.

I thought free exchange of information was the point of this site. Apparently we are just her to tell each other how smart we are and how dumb they are.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by black label
I'm not saying I know everything, but when I say my info is reliable, it is. If I say it is rumor, it is.

I never post bullshit and claim it's the truth.

I was the 1st person to post acurate information (to the penny) on the pricing of the 2007 MDX on TOV (24 hours before the info was released by Acura), I'm very familiar with what goes on over there. I'm also the guy who explained to Jeff at TOV how to hook up his iPod to the Sport Ent MDX that he was driving over thanksgiving holiday last year as the owners manual does not give you that info.

I thought free exchange of information was the point of this site. Apparently we are just her to tell each other how smart we are and how dumb they are.
I don't think they mean you to take it that way. All they're saying is this info's been out for a while now, that's all. I'm sure we all appreciate hearing new/good info on upcoming models.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Yeah, don't take it too harshly. We just get a lot of reposting around here

I personally appreciate the info, it coincides with what I heard recently.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Moderator

It is... and it's nice to get confirmation of the rumors we've heard so far...

I'm sorry it I came across the wrong way. I appreciate the info, I guess I'm just jaded that acura doesn't have a coupe in it's lineup and I've been hearing about a coupe replacement since the CL was discontinued... My CL 6spd is gonna be 5 y/o this fall, and I have to look somewhere else other than acura for a replacement...
Old 08-18-2007, 07:56 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
I'm sorry it I came across the wrong way. I appreciate the info, I guess I'm just jaded that acura doesn't have a coupe in it's lineup and I've been hearing about a coupe replacement since the CL was discontinued...

Way to go Greenie, you just 'ed on our inside source!

Old 08-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Gonna cost to catch up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry it I came across the wrong way. I appreciate the info, I guess I'm just jaded that acura doesn't have a coupe in it's lineup and I've been hearing about a coupe replacement since the CL was discontinued... My CL 6spd is gonna be 5 y/o this fall, and I have to look somewhere else other than acura for a replacement...
Im with ya there. I don't know what Acura is thinking not having a coupe in there lineup. They are letting other companies like nissan, infiniti, etc. be the leaders in coupe sport cars (affordable ones atleast).

The TSX convertible coupe sounds interesting but not something I would buy.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle77777
The TSX convertible coupe sounds interesting but not something I would buy.

Even if Acura calls it the CL, just say to F/F

We can say this until we're are blue in the face, if Honda wants to play in the big leagues, they need a V8 and a F/R platform or two.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just want a new and better CL to come out for when I am in the market for my next car. Hopefully RWD, hey I can dream lol.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I was an Acura micrometer away from getting a CPO RSX, even one from out of state, until I test drove one. Too Spartan for the $. The TSX was more what I wanted anyway, any only $4225 more than an RSX.

But thanks for the post, and the link to the conjectured future release matrix.... If they reintroduce the RSX, and do it right (say, a two-door TSX?), I'll be on schedule to sell off my recent purchase around 2011 when the ext. warranty runs out, and get a CPO RSX-redux. Wouldn't break my heart at all. I love the look of the RSX (exterior), the power, value (called "Champagne performance on a beer budget" by one review), but the interior left me critically disappointed. Nice, but devoid of "above and beyond" appointments.

Nice avatar, Kyle.

Last edited by davidspalding; 08-18-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:39 PM
I can't find my garage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to 2 years ago....

http://www.vtec.net/modelmatrix/

TOV has had those rumors listed for years... I've been talking about the sub-nsx (and linking the model matrix) since at least early last year...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=32

lol so true
Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Don't worry, I don't hold a grudge for long. Unless you put a lot more miles on your CLS 6spd than I have, you don't "need" to replace it for a long time. Theoretically my CLS "replaced" my Prelude, but the Prelude is still in the driveway waiting for the snow to arrive.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Don't worry, I don't hold a grudge for long. Unless you put a lot more miles on your CLS 6spd than I have, you don't "need" to replace it for a long time. Theoretically my CLS "replaced" my Prelude, but the Prelude is still in the driveway waiting for the snow to arrive.
Snow?! I don't want to hear that word yet
Old 08-20-2007, 11:17 AM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
So frustrating waiting on a premium coupe in the Legend/CLS vein.
No I don't want a TSX or RSX coupe or a convertible. If Acura wants to go more upscale why expand off the low end models.
I thought the new Accord coupe might hold me over...but I just saw pictures...uh no. The rear is terrible. The Civic looks better.
Have been looking at the RL, it's kinda boring looking and getting a little dated but I like the interior and the features. I would only keep it until a better coupe might come out.
Oh well. still love my CLS but want something updated.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Senior Moderator

True, I don't need to replace it (63K miles), but I want to replace it...