298-hp for '05 G35 Sedan & Coupe 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 01:07 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EZZ
Obviously, English is just too hard of a language for your simple mind. I guess numbers aren't your forte either. R&T actually had the 530 SLOWER than a TL.
The lack of reading comprehension rears its ugly head again. No one said the 530 wasn't slower than the TL. Hmmmm, 270 hp vs. 225; even your slow ass should be able to figure out which would be faster.

The G had over 67mph in the slalom in R&T...you should go look it up...oh sorry, I forgot your lack of IQ The 330ci got .1 second faster to 60, owned in the 1/4 and lost in the slalom. You should learn numbers....its been in practice for thousands of years.
OK, you hold onto the higher slalom numbers and be proud of that. I'll hold onto the fact that the LESS POWERFUL 330 is faster to 60, MUCH better looking inside and out, and actually fun to drive, unlike the nissan.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:18 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
No one has dissed the G35 handling yet that I have seen.
You should remove your head from your ass and look around then. There have been plenty of disses about everything from its looks, to its horrible interior, to its handling, and rightfully so. Here's one from C&D that I posted above:
If you're not judicious about applying throttle exiting a turn, for instance, you'll induce driveline snatch and a clunk that sounds like a loose U-joint. You can also induce something else: big, dirty oversteer. More oversteer than you'll recall since testing your brother's Mustang in the rain. It's not the simplest thing to catch, either, because the G35's steering is an iota oversensitive just off center, adding its own wobble at the critical instant you're attempting to restore navigation. Each editor sampled his own Rotational Moment, then reengaged the traction control and never touched it again.
Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
IN NO TEST, the TL OUTHANDLED THE G35 PERIOD.
Oops, played yourself again;
From R&T 4/04:
TL-slalom: 65.8 mph, skidpad: .87
R&T Sport sedan comparo:
nissan-slalom: 65.0, skidpad: .86
From Edmunds:
TL-slalom: 67.5 mph
nissan-slalom: 66.4 mph
Old 09-22-2004, 02:43 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Scorp76
From R&T 4/04:
R&T Sport sedan comparo:
From Edmunds:
Those aren't comparison test's in which they have both cars at the same track. And funny you pick two (1st test 65MPH .86G 2nd test 66.4MPH) auto G35's vs. two (1st test 65.8MPH 2nd test 67.5MPH) 6MT TL's. Sorry but your biased comparison is invalid. Try again this time use a comparison test in which both cars are on the same track with the same trannys. Here's an example --> $35,000 Sports Sedans
Old 09-22-2004, 07:18 AM
Banned

You should remove your head from your ass and look around then. There have been plenty of disses about everything from its looks, to its horrible interior, to its handling, and rightfully so. Here's one from C&D that I posted above:

From R&T 4/04:
R&T Sport sedan comparo:
From Edmunds:
Dunno where you got your numbers, but I just looked in my magazine, and they are way off.

Your the one looking stupid buddy. You got several here against you. It is obvious you are just here to cause a fight and spew bs.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DownUnder
Those aren't comparison test's in which they have both cars at the same track. And funny you pick two (1st test 65MPH .86G 2nd test 66.4MPH) auto G35's vs. two (1st test 65.8MPH 2nd test 67.5MPH) 6MT TL's. Sorry but your biased comparison is invalid. Try again this time use a comparison test in which both cars are on the same track with the same trannys. Here's an example --> $35,000 Sports Sedans

Someone just got OWNED.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:45 AM
2nd Gear

As if the horrible interior, hideous looks, overrated/unrefined sounding engine, weak stereo, and twitchy, nervous handling wasn't enough.
overrated/unrefined sounding engine??? Compared to what? The TL's 3.2L VTEC? I hope you're kidding.

twitchy, nervous handling = you don't know how to drive a real performance car.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:03 AM
2nd Gear

Man, I didn't even read the 2nd page before I posted.

Scorp is too stupid to realize he's arguing with nothing to back it up. Most TL owners agree the G35 owns it in performance, but falls behind in terms of interior features. That is a FACT.

IMO, the TL will never be the car it can be as long as it's wrong-wheel drive.

That picture of the 05 G Sedan posted on the 1st page is a HORRIBLE picture! Ugly color, bad angle, bad lighting.

Here's some better pictures from better angles with better lighting (same ugly color though):

Old 09-22-2004, 09:54 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

OK, you hold onto the higher slalom numbers and be proud of that. I'll hold onto the fact that the LESS POWERFUL 330 is faster to 60, MUCH better looking inside and out, and actually fun to drive, unlike the nissan.
Not my fault the Nissan is too much car for you. For people that actually know how to drive, it really is a fun car BTW, ever hear of gearing? Might be why the less powerful 330 does so well in the 60 and gets passed by the the TL and G35. I'd explain it to you, but anything with numbers might be beyond your comprehension
Old 09-22-2004, 09:58 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mindsink
Man, I didn't even read the 2nd page before I posted.

Scorp is too stupid to realize he's arguing with nothing to back it up. Most TL owners agree the G35 owns it in performance, but falls behind in terms of interior features. That is a FACT.

IMO, the TL will never be the car it can be as long as it's wrong-wheel drive.
Lets not say anything negative about the TL. Its a great car and focuses on sporty luxury rather than performance (like the G). Scorp is a retard that signs on the TL board to soley bash the G so its fair game on him IMO.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DownUnder
Those numbers are very valid, regardless if they were done at the same time, same track, whenever. They refute what nissan boy said about the TL never outhandling that ugly nissan.

But whatever. Heaven forbid there ever be anything bad said about any nissan. Nothing gets people more riled up faster.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

That picture of the 05 G Sedan posted on the 1st page is a HORRIBLE picture! Ugly color, bad angle, bad lighting.

Here's some better pictures from better angles with better lighting (same ugly color though):
It's a horrible picture, because it's an ugly car. Face it, angles, lighting, colors, NOTHING is going to help it look better.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EZZ
Not my fault the Nissan is too much car for you. For people that actually know how to drive, it really is a fun car
I'll have to take your word I guess. Two test drives were enough for me to see it's overrated and overhyped. I'll never waste my time again, and sure as hell would never BUY anything that ugly.

BTW, ever hear of gearing? Might be why the less powerful 330 does so well in the 60 and gets passed by the the TL and G35. I'd explain it to you, but anything with numbers might be beyond your comprehension
OK, whatever makes you sleep better knowing full well a less powerful car is faster, and looks better while doing it.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Instructor

Those numbers are very valid, regardless if they were done at the same time, same track, whenever. They refute what nissan boy said about the TL never outhandling that ugly nissan.

But whatever. Heaven forbid there ever be anything bad said about any nissan. Nothing gets people more riled up faster.
How are they valid? Not to mention they are from different types of cars MT and AT but track surface between the tests means everything. With that type of failed logic, you should work as a polster for the presidential elections

I am sure as you sit back jerking off to all the buzz your inflamatory posts raise, you will still realize that your arguments have no merit, and your just another internet loser
Old 09-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Intermediate

overrated/unrefined sounding engine??? Compared to what? The TL's 3.2L VTEC? I hope you're kidding.
That's a good pick. All Honda engines sound like music to the ears compared to any nissan.

twitchy, nervous handling = you don't know how to drive a real performance car.
If that's true, then that explains why I found the nissans such a joke to drive, since they're anything but real anything. Unless it's REAL overrated. Or REAL ugly. Maybe REAL boring. Perhaps REAL tacky. Or REAL ugly (had to throw that in twice).
Old 09-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shodog
How are they valid? Not to mention they are from different types of cars MT and AT but track surface between the tests means everything. With that type of failed logic, you should work as a polster for the presidential elections
Whatever. They show the TL is still capable. If the tables were turned, there would STILL be excuses thrown.

I am sure as you sit back jerking off to all the buzz your inflamatory posts raise, you will still realize that your arguments have no merit, and your just another internet loser
Im ok with that opinion. You keep replying, so you're just as much as 'internet loser'.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Drifting

BTW, ever hear of gearing? Might be why the less powerful 330 does so well in the 60 and gets passed by the the TL and G35. I'd explain it to you, but anything with numbers might be beyond your comprehension
OK, whatever makes you sleep better knowing full well a less powerful car is faster, and looks better while doing it.
Look at the stats, the G35 is faster, stops better, and holds the road better then the best 330i BMW has to offer. The only reason that the 330i PP beat the G35 to 60 is that the 330i has a much wider 255/35ZR-18 rear tires whereas the G35 has small 215/55R-17 in the rear, wider tires = more traction. After that the G35 beats it to 100MPH and the 1/4mile. And despite the 330i having 18in rims wrapped around wider tires and weighing less then the G35 it didn't hold the road better.

Infiniti G35 6MT
Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan
Price as tested: $35,395 (base price: $29,645)
Engine type: DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 214 cu in, 3498cc
Power (SAE net): 260 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 260 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm

Transmission: 6-speed manual
Wheelbase: 112.2 in
Length/width/height: 186.5/69.0/57.7 in
Curb weight: 3526 lb

Zero to 60 mph: 5.9 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 14.4 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.3 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 14.2 sec @ 99 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 146 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 153 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.87 g
EPA fuel economy, city driving: 20 mpg
C/D-observed fuel economy: 20 mpg

BMW 330i with Performance Package
Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan
Price as tested: $40,095 (base price: $35,495)
Engine type: DOHC 24-valve 6-in-line, aluminum block and head, port fuel injection

Displacement: 182 cu in, 2979cc
Power (SAE net): 235 bhp @ 5900 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 222 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Wheelbase: 107.3 in
Length/width/height: 176.0/68.5/55.1 in
Curb weight: 3370 lb
Zero to 60 mph: 5.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 15.3 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.4 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 14.3 sec @ 97 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 152 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 158 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.86 g
EPA fuel economy, city driving: 21 mpg
C/D-observed fuel economy: 20 mpg

Here's a quote from C&D:

Moreover, when equipped with the manual, the G35 sedan comes standard with the sport-tuned suspension package—more aggressive damping and W-rated 215/55R-17 Goodyear Eagle GS-D summer tires—resulting in a car that handles and brakes right with the coupes. On the skidpad, the sedan, at 0.87 g, fell slightly behind the Z Track at 0.88 g and the G35 coupe's best at 0.90, but it managed to top the 330i (0.86). And keep in mind that those three cars ride on bigger 18-inch wheels and tires. Despite wearing the skinniest rubber, the G35 still shorted them all, posting a distance of 153 feet from 70 to 0 mph. That's less than the pavement needed by the Z (164), G35 coupe (157), 330i (158), and even the Lamborghini Murciélago (155) and the Saleen S7 (156). Perhaps Nissan had some leftover brakes from the R390 GT1 supercar. "Hey, Taka, what should we do with these fancy brakes?"
Old 09-22-2004, 04:17 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

I'll have to take your word I guess. Two test drives were enough for me to see it's overrated and overhyped. I'll never waste my time again, and sure as hell would never BUY anything that ugly.

I guess after two tests drives, you shit your pants and realized you were too much of a wuss for the car

Here is a quick lesson in newtonian physics because obviously, you haven't grasped such a simple concept. Lighter = takes less power to get moving. I guess I'll lose sleep over the fact that a Lotus Elise, S2000, and lighter BMW 3 series beats the G to 60mph
Old 09-22-2004, 05:24 PM
6th Gear

I test drove all of those cars on the same day and heres what i thought of them all

1) BMW 330 --- So sweet. very quiet ride, handles very well while still riding like a lux.car. pot holes, speed bumps, and all other road imperfections were dampened out very well. ALSO...i believe it has the best engine, it sounds so good when in the throttle but is silent for normal driving and is by far the best car to hold high in the rpm range b/c of its buttery smoothness. Interior is nice but nothing really cool. Price is high

2) G-35 --- quick. engine sounds the best w/a very nice growl to it (which i liked at the start of the drive, but towards the end it got old...and that was just after 3 hours) it handled well, better than the bmw (i thought at least) but didn't have as nice a ride as the 330 or the TL. no rattles or road noise or anything, just the bumps weren't muffled like the other two cars. interior was fine, not as nice as the bmw's and wasn't feature rich like the TL

3) TL (the one i chose) --- the TL is quiet while driving, had a nice sound on throttle in vtec absorbs bumps well (not as well as the bmw, but better than the g35). it didn't have quite as sporty a feel as the other two cars (maybe b/c its a bigger car) but suprised me on the backroads as i tried to test its limits (w/out being stupid) but never seemed to find them. i was going between 50 and 90 on a road w/a 20mph speedlimit cause its like a continuous S-curve...hard rights followed by hard lefts followed by long moderate curves before running right back into the S's again, then a 2 lane straight away for about a mile before it runs backinto another main road...got the tl up to 130. i felt the TL has by far the best features of all the cars. and the best combination of around town to-and-fro work driving, and enough sport ability to keep me from killing myself on the backroads.

The TL is an awsome car. Everybody on this forum knows it otherwise you wouldn't be here reading about it, what difference does it make which car has the fastest skidpad speed and bla bla, as that has little to do with real world driving. most of us will never reach our cars limits anyway, and if we do the traction control will kick in and flash a big bright warning and take control of the car for a sec.

what are bmw and nissan guys doing here anyway? must have TL's as second cars or have some deep down lust for the TL. people insecure about their choices often knock the others to make themselves feel better. they're all great cars, deal w/it.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Banned

Wow, your really showing your immaturity. Everyone agrees except you the G35 is ahead of the TL and 330 in performance aspect. So why you argueing?
Old 09-22-2004, 06:11 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

The disclaimer to this thread should read: Do not take seriously, flame war currently in progress.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn ...298hp the new G should do a least do 13.5-13.8 1/4 mile times damn..