21yr old student owns 31 Supercars

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
So let me get this straight:

You admit you're spoiled.
A mod comments on your admission

You bash him for being immature for pointing out what you proclaim is the truth.

Am I missing something here?
Old 11-27-2010, 06:45 PM

Received 9,524 Likes on 6,180 Posts
:gheyhug:
Old 11-27-2010, 06:55 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
I couldn't help myself, but I have to reply to you.

Aren't you mods suppose to stop potential hatred comments, not provoke them? Last I checked, the comment you left towards me provoked more hatred thrown my way.

So let me say this, maybe you should do your job as a mod, and stop being an idiot, because it clearly shows you are not much more mature than a high school kid.

You are pathetic as a mod; why don't you let someone more serious do your job? Maybe, just maybe, you need to be replaced, because you are certainly not helping the AcuraZine community with your comments. Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't mods suppose to keep the forum user friendly, and not add comments that lead to attacks on a member of the forum? Clearly, you left comments that lead to more attacks on me, and for that, I think you are stuck up little bitch. For a 32 year old, you need to grow up, and do your job as a mod, because you are placed as a mod for a reason.
correct me if im wrong, but redundant statement is redundant?
Old 11-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Lt. Gamble

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts
Ramblings would be boring if everybody got along.

What?...... This is Car Talk?

Old 11-27-2010, 07:06 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
events like these make me happy ive worked for every single nice thing in my life. Even though we basically had nothing, i realize that my parents have made great strides to provide me with the best life they possibly could.
Perhaps hondaonworks has never considered that he may be spoiled in other peoples eyes or maybe he does realize it and thinks its a good trait.

I, for one, would never want to even be associated with a word that means i receive without earning.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by phee
events like these make me happy ive worked for every single nice thing in my life. Even though we basically had nothing, i realize that my parents have made great strides to provide me with the best life they possibly could.
Perhaps hondaonworks has never considered that he may be spoiled in other peoples eyes or maybe he does realize it and thinks its a good trait.

I, for one, would never want to even be associated with a word that means i receive without earning.
I agree 100%...

I was homeless in my early years but never took a handout. I worked my way up to where I am now and I was presented with one amazing opportunity that pulled me out of it. I think I appreciate what I have even more because I know just how bad it could be.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,942 Likes on 14,058 Posts
My signature was for assholes like you that fucking always call me spoiled. It was a defense on my part to put it, so people don't insult me anymore. Notice how I said it terms of a joke to laugh with you guys that diss me, you fuck head. My sig was never met to flaunt. You want fucking proof of why I put that sig? You just proved it, and the rest of the people that posted. You all don't know me, and all still talking trash about how I'm spoiled this and that.

But seriously, you're starting to piss me off, and for a mod to be as immature as me is quite said. I'm younger than you by 10 years plus, and I never said I was more mature than you. I'm saying you are acting like an immature high schooler for your age.

With all due respect fuck off, seriously.

Also, opinion my fucking ass, your comment was more of a target to create a response from me to provoke farther arguments. I guess a 30 year old like yourself still needs his daily e-wars? You are about the worst mod on this forum, at least the others try to stop it, but you provoke it. Isn't that nice?

Can you stop being a douchebag and do what you are placed as a mod for? Make this place user friendly? I didn't know pissing other members off was on your job. I never thought AcuraZine had asshole mods til now.
Explain to me again, how my ONE sentence (which is what triggered this hissy-fit on your part) is me acting like an immature high-schooler. While you have just, let's see, called me names, swore at me...and basically are accusing me of "e-warring" with you. Off of one statement in page 2.

The funny thing is, you are showing one thing very clearly to me and everyone else: You have extremely thin skin and obviously, my one sentence about the irony of your post struck a huge nerve. Sorry, but I'm not psychic as to the rationale that you have that ridiculous signature which is clearly "hey, look at me!" when I first saw it and then your post back in page 2...

Obviously, you claim you're "done" with this thread. I'll offer you one more thing: insult me once more and I'll show you how "done" you can really be with not just this thread, but this site, mkay...?

Last edited by Yumcha; 11-27-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:10 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
I never seen yummy being this serious. lol.

I'm scuurred!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
Old 11-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Shoofin
So let me get this straight:

You admit you're spoiled.
A mod comments on your admission

You bash him for being immature for pointing out what you proclaim is the truth.

Am I missing something here?
Bud...yes you are clearly missing something here. And so, by that, you're an "idiot" in his books.

But, at least you're not being called the worst mod in the forum. I am...
Old 11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Someone's gotta be the worst.

Doesn't mean you're a bad mod, though.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by svtmike

Old 11-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts

that made me lol

I think you're a good mod Yummy.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts

Whenever I do something stupid around the house and when my wife makes up a funny name for me I always reply with "We all gotta be something"
Old 11-27-2010, 11:52 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,846 Likes on 4,287 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha

But, at least you're not being called the worst mod in the forum. I am...
You have to consider the source and then wear your "badge" proudly.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Sly Raskal

Whenever I do something stupid around the house and when my wife makes up a funny name for me I always reply with "We all gotta be something"
That's a great idea. I was just called an idiot like 3 times this morning. I'll try that reply next time, though it will likely end with her beating me...
Old 11-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by I hate cars
That's a great idea. I was just called an idiot like 3 times this morning. I'll try that reply next time, though it will likely end with her beating me...
See with my wife it works because she and I have a goofy relationship in that we like making each other laugh all the time. This is one of the reasons we don't fight much because anytime she's mad at me, I can make her smile and/or laugh. She can never stay mad at me for more than 5 minutes unless it's something very very bad.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
See with my wife it works because she and I have a goofy relationship in that we like making each other laugh all the time. This is one of the reasons we don't fight much because anytime she's mad at me, I can make her smile and/or laugh. She can never stay mad at me for more than 5 minutes unless it's something very very bad.
That's kind of how we are. Some of the things we say... if a stranger overheard us they would probably think we hated each other but it's all in good fun. She gets mad, I make her laugh, she gets mad at herself for not staying mad at me. It's a viscious circle. Besides, "idiot" fits me very well at home lol.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Team Owner

That's kind of how we are. Some of the things we say... if a stranger overheard us they would probably think we hated each other but it's all in good fun. She gets mad, I make her laugh, she gets mad at herself for not staying mad at me. It's a viscious circle. Besides, "idiot" fits me very well at home lol.
In that case, the line will work perfect. lol
Old 11-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Je t'aime...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Explain to me again, how my ONE sentence (which is what triggered this hissy-fit on your part) is me acting like an immature high-schooler. While you have just, let's see, called me names, swore at me...and basically are accusing me of "e-warring" with you. Off of one statement in page 2.

The funny thing is, you are showing one thing very clearly to me and everyone else: You have extremely thin skin and obviously, my one sentence about the irony of your post struck a huge nerve. Sorry, but I'm not psychic as to the rationale that you have that ridiculous signature which is clearly "hey, look at me!" when I first saw it and then your post back in page 2...

Obviously, you claim you're "done" with this thread. I'll offer you one more thing: insult me once more and I'll show you how "done" you can really be with not just this thread, but this site, mkay...?
I already apologized for my language, and I still don't see why you need to post a threat to ban me. So I mean seriously? Was the threat really necessary?

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 11-28-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I already apologized for my language, and I still don't see why you need to post a threat to ban me. So I mean seriously? Was the threat really necessary?
Were any of your comments necessary?

Was your overreaction necessary?

Is driving an M3 at 21 while going to a college necessary?

Food for thought. Discuss.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL

I don't know if you are trying to provoke me, but I'll gladly answer your questions.

My comments, no.

My reaction? Yes, I have the right to express how I feel.

The M3? Nah, my dad got it for me as a gift for doing so well during college. Did I ask for it? No. He suggested it, and I took the offer. (But you should ask some of my classmates that drive Ferraris to school, my M3 is the least of your worries)

But was his threat necessary? No. I already apologized. Any more questions?

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 11-28-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Team Owner

I don't know if you are trying to provoke me, but I'll gladly answer your questions.

My comments, no.

The M3? Nah, my dad got it for me as a gift for doing so well during college. Did I ask for it? No. He suggested it, and I took the offer. (But you should ask some of my classmates that drive Ferraris to school, my M3 is the least of your worries)

Lol at the different ways some of us grew up. I was living out of my GN with a minimum wage job and picking up fights here and there while still managing to go through junior college and trying to not appear like I was living in a car. I'm not jealous but it's just kind of crazy to get an M3 for "doing well through college" along with your daily driver TSX when some people have to fight just to go to college.

Hopefully you realize how lucky you are one day and try to be a little more humble. And by that, I doubt you would have a sig like that if you were working 40hrs a week just to pay the payment on the bimmer. You have a right to have that signature just as others have a right to make fun of it.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Je t'aime...

Lol at the different ways some of us grew up. I was living out of my GN with a minimum wage job and picking up fights here and there while still managing to go through junior college and trying to not appear like I was living in a car. I'm not jealous but it's just kind of crazy to get an M3 for "doing well through college" along with your daily driver TSX when some people have to fight just to go to college.

Hopefully you realize how lucky you are one day and try to be a little more humble. And by that, I doubt you would have a sig like that if you were working 40hrs a week just to pay the payment on the bimmer. You have a right to have that signature just as others have a right to make fun of it.
You told me your story once before, and I'm truly amazed by your accomplishment.

I am grateful for what I have, and for that, I believe you guys misunderstood my sig.

If you read my profile, I also stated I fail at getting girls, because to be fully honest, I do fail. My sig was met to bring light to the fight that I am spoiled, so I decided to point it out and put a "sense of humor" into it before anyone can just straight diss me for being spoiled. My sig was never meant to show off that I'm spoiled, but rather, its to point how I know I'm spoiled, and I admit it. Admitting that I'm spoiled shows that I know I'm treated better than others. Its not like I refused to admit I'm spoiled and kept pressuring for more things in my life? Like I stated, I didn't ask for it, I got offered. If my sig offended people, then I'm sorry, because it was never meant to offend anyone. Again, the sig was just to point out that I'm spoiled, not to show off that I'm spoiled. Why would anyone want to show off a negative(spoiled)? I know the way I had written might be misleading.

Also, I do work. I work part-time at Forever 21 and try to balance school work at the same time. I have classes as early as 8 and with work, I don't get home til about 9 on work days.

Any more questions or topics?

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 11-28-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:37 AM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL

eat before you talk, son!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:22 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,846 Likes on 4,287 Posts

My comments, no.

People have the "right" to express themselves. However one must conform the the norms of the society (internet forum) in which the exist. It's not what you said...you feel how you feel....It's how you said it.

Everyone has different life experiences, such as I hate cars for example. But YOUR world is not the "norm" in American society no matter how many of your friends have Farraris. Many of the people on these boards would be glad to have your "daily driver" let alone the M3 that your drive "on weekends". Your father's success is not in question here. He earned what he has. If he chooses to give his child things of this nature, so be it. Most people here know that your life experience, as a 21 year old college kid, has not yet allowed you to "earn" an M3 let lone an M# and an "08 TSX daily driver".

Be that as it may...I've found that, depending on one's countenance and approach to OTHERS, most people don't begrudge other people possessions. You obviously have an issue when it comes to your "spoiled" status. You need to work on and deal with it, because whether you like it or not, people will always look at a 21 year old with 2 beautiful cars with a skeptical eye at best.

No...you should have just been banned, with NO warning AT ALL, for your personal attacks. I've seen many people here get banned, myself included, for WAY less than what you did. You're lucky that you're still here. Again....say thank you, and be on your way.
Of course the human brain is not done completely forming until the age of 24-25. Consider these some of those brain shaping lessons where fortunately no one really gets hurt.

Last edited by pttl; 11-28-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:26 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
You told me your story once before, and I'm truly amazed by your accomplishment.

I am grateful for what I have, and for that, I believe you guys misunderstood my sig.

If you read my profile, I also stated I fail at getting girls, because to be fully honest, I do fail. My sig was met to bring light to the fight that I am spoiled, so I decided to point it out and put a "sense of humor" into it before anyone can just straight diss me for being spoiled. My sig was never meant to show off that I'm spoiled, but rather, its to point how I know I'm spoiled, and I admit it. Admitting that I'm spoiled shows that I know I'm treated better than others. Its not like I refused to admit I'm spoiled and kept pressuring for more things in my life? Like I stated, I didn't ask for it, I got offered. If my sig offended people, then I'm sorry, because it was never meant to offend anyone. Again, the sig was just to point out that I'm spoiled, not to show off that I'm spoiled. Why would anyone want to show off a negative(spoiled)? I know the way I had written might be misleading.

Also, I do work. I work part-time at Forever 21 and try to balance school work at the same time. I have classes as early as 8 and with work, I don't get home til about 9 on work days.

Any more questions or topics?
the bold-ed does not compute.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:44 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
I got a headache reading this.

From our previous arguments correct me if I'm wrong the BMW is in SF right? The Acura in SoCal where you go to school? Like I said in the past I'm happy you get rewarded with a BMW for doing what you're supposed to do.

Most of us were not that fortunate. Once you get out of school you'll realize how easy it was when compared to the real world. You may diss the G37 at every opportunity, but I don't have to put into my sig I'm a young professional who bought both of my cars with my own money for the win.

If you really want to make it, if you really want to get laid, lighten the fuck up! Stop being hypocritical, easily offended, unpleasant, and over compensating because your dad lets you use his car.

LoL, I still can't forget you called me a racist because I called you a FOB and I'm asian too. But if you're online persona is anywhere close to how you are in the real world I can see why even with your dad's M3 you're not getting laid.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
I know we're splitting hairs at this point... but I count 23 supercars.

The 2 Range Rovers, the Cayenne Turbo, the BMWs (BMW M5, BMW X6M, BMW X5M, BMW 760LI), the Audi A8, and the Lexus LS460 aren't supercars.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by phee
events like these make me happy ive worked for every single nice thing in my life.

I agree. I've been working since I've been fifteen years old. Everything I've obtained has been at my own expense. I'm at the point where I could probably stop if I wanted to, but to me working and evolving is a tireless challenge.

If I had children, however, I actually wouldn't hesitate to purchase them a nice car if they wanted one. As long as they were appreciative of both the car and myself, and understood the sacrifices and challenges involved to be able to get to the point to allow them to have such luxuries, I really wouldn't have a problem with it.

This example is ridiculous however, as I'm sure the young man here certainly doesn't need all of these thirty-one cars. If that's how his family decides do reward him, then I suppose that's up to them.

Terry
Old 11-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Terry makes me weak in the knees with his wisdom.

My comments, no.

I think this irks me the most. Why compare yourself to them, compare yourself to that guy who rides his bicycle to class because HE wants an education and not because he gets rewarded to attend.

Best way for others not to call you spoiled is to be modest with what you have. Most of society is not impressed, including women.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:37 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
All things considered I think hondaonworks has handled this better than most.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by subinf
All things considered I think hondaonworks has handled this better than most.
Really? F-bombing and insulting a moderator...?

He's lucky I'm not as trigger-happy as others.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:43 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

I think he forgot the red text there Yummy..
Old 11-28-2010, 02:09 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Really? F-bombing and insulting a moderator...?

He's lucky I'm not as trigger-happy as others.
After that. Others in the past keep at it. He apologized. Doesn't happen much.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
This thread is a perfect example of showing how spoiling your kids is always a bad thing. They will turn/grow into people you cant stand. Makes you wonder why all parents i know strive to spoil their kids as much as possible.

Last edited by brian6speed; 11-28-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
I got a headache reading this.

From our previous arguments correct me if I'm wrong the BMW is in SF right? The Acura in SoCal where you go to school? Like I said in the past I'm happy you get rewarded with a BMW for doing what you're supposed to do.

Most of us were not that fortunate. Once you get out of school you'll realize how easy it was when compared to the real world. You may diss the G37 at every opportunity, but I don't have to put into my sig I'm a young professional who bought both of my cars with my own money for the win.

If you really want to make it, if you really want to get laid, lighten the fuck up! Stop being hypocritical, easily offended, unpleasant, and over compensating because your dad lets you use his car.

LoL, I still can't forget you called me a racist because I called you a FOB and I'm asian too. But if you're online persona is anywhere close to how you are in the real world I can see why even with your dad's M3 you're not getting laid.
First, you don't know me, so you can't conclude how I will or will not get laid based off the internet, because "life" is not based off the internet.

Second, who said the M3 was to help me get laid? Did I beg my dad for the M3? No.

Third, both cars at LA.

Forth, you guys want me to stop insulting, but clearly, DC is making it pretty hard for me not to by trying to insult me.

Claiming I won't get laid, does not mean my life revolves around getting laid. Maybe for you its all about getting laid, but I have life to attend to. I have college, work, and I'm focus on the future to earn a better living. Not to find some girl, and get myself laid with my dad's car. So again, if you want to insult me with that crap, try again, because I'm not most guys that care about the "pussy". Clearly, you might be one of those guys if you are bringing it up.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by subinf
After that. Others in the past keep at it. He apologized. Doesn't happen much.
Exactly, I apologized, but they insist to keep it up. Notice how DC replied to me claiming I won't get laid? Yeah... I'm clearly the enemy right now... They just won't drop it.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:18 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

I also stated I fail at getting girls, because to be fully honest, I do fail.
First, you don't know me, so you can't conclude how I will or will not get laid based off the internet, because "life" is not based off the internet.

Second, who said the M3 was to help me get laid? Did I beg my dad for the M3? No.

Third, both cars at LA.

Forth, you guys want me to stop insulting, but clearly, DC is making it pretty hard for me not to by trying to insult me.

Claiming I won't get laid, does not mean my life revolves around getting laid. Maybe for you its all about getting laid, but I have life to attend to. I have college, work, and I'm focus on the future to earn a better living. Not to find some girl, and get myself laid with my dad's car. So again, if you want to insult me with that crap, try again, because I'm not most guys that care about the "pussy". Clearly, you might be one of those guys if you are bringing it up.

From your outbursts, you NEED to get laid.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:19 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Exactly, I apologized, but they insist to keep it up. Notice how DC replied to me claiming I won't get laid? Yeah... I'm clearly the enemy right now... They just won't drop it.
You painted a target on yourself larger then a landing pad with your demeanor.

Quick Reply: 21yr old student owns 31 Supercars