2010 Camaro V6

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:03 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
this new model camaro seems high off the ground, unlike previous models.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Drinking Beer In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sifuacura
Nothing a decent set of coilovers won't fix
Old 05-10-2009, 08:05 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,170 Likes on 3,961 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
Bigger video http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/07/v...e-car-comparo/

They praised the Camaro for its handling and power btw.

It i were to get one of those 3, it would be the camaro hands down!
Camaro Fo Sho.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I test drove a 1SS black with the black chrome wheels last night. All I can say is wow! The dealers added cost made this car $40k flat, but the same car can be built on the site for $34k. I am definately picking on of these up as soon as I'm slightly ahead in my current loan. I drive less than 10k a year, so the 426hp won't break the bank for gas. I'm in love! I want the 2SS so I can get Navi, but I don't want to spend more than $35k on a new car......I'll get a portable unit.

This thing handles awesome too.....its tight and precise!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lembowski
Well I test drove a 1SS black with the black chrome wheels last night. All I can say is wow! The dealers added cost made this car $40k flat, but the same car can be built on the site for $34k. I am definately picking on of these up as soon as I'm slightly ahead in my current loan. I drive less than 10k a year, so the 426hp won't break the bank for gas. I'm in love! I want the 2SS so I can get Navi, but I don't want to spend more than $35k on a new car......I'll get a portable unit.

You have an unimaginable amount of red light revs in your future.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh99CL
You have an unimaginable amount of red light revs in your future.
Yeah, its an amazing car. After dring the SS I couldn't amagine driving the v6 model. The guy at the dealer was like we have a v6 also would you like to give it a try........I couldn't have finished his sentence faster. He was like I thought so lol
Old 05-11-2009, 04:27 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
^post pics when you get it

Originally Posted by sifuacura
4th gens have 4x4 wheel gap
Old 07-28-2009, 05:09 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I semiraced one the other day... Older guy in a bright yellow one. He semi jumps on it at the light as do I. He sees me next to him and floors it. By the time I catch on he is ahaead but I hang around. I can't imagine how many times the old guy is going to have to jump on it.:lol:

Pretty damn nice car that moves good... the ss that is.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bent09
I semiraced one the other day... Older guy in a bright yellow one. He semi jumps on it at the light as do I. He sees me next to him and floors it. By the time I catch on he is ahaead but I hang around. I can't imagine how many times the old guy is going to have to jump on it.:lol:

Pretty damn nice car that moves good... the ss that is.
what were you in
Old 07-29-2009, 07:44 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
i heard a v-6 and it sounds like ass. It reminded me of the way the berettas and the other gm cars from the late 80's and early 90's sounded.

I am sure the v8 sounds much better
Old 07-29-2009, 09:21 AM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Walmart Gangsta
what were you in
jeep cherokee
Old 07-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Are you sure they have a Navi optional? I just checked the website and it has another about Navi listed. I think they're supposed to redesign the dashboard next year to accomodate a navi.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
So I rented on of these things from Hertz for the weekend and I'm pretty impressed. The V6 is nothing to joke about. Sure there is the V8 (and that's what I'd buy) but the V6 was plenty quick for 90% of real driving situations. I don't know which packages the car I rented had but it was equipped with fog lights, XM radio, a sunroof, and 19" wheels.

The exhaust note of the V6 is fantastic. Maybe only the Nissan Z has a better sound from a stock V6. The 6-speed automatic transmission is also fantastic. With the transmission is sport/manual mode, downshifting results in a throttle blip which results in a fantastic sound out of the exhaust.

The brakes are crazy good. I can't imagine how much better the Brembos are because the base trim equipment is fantastic.

The ride was pretty good; I didn't have too many opportunities to really put it through corners but the few occasions I did it was impressive. Comfortable on the highway and around town too.

The downsides of the car are definitely from the interior. You sit extremely low in the car and the blind spots are huge. Similarly I found several times where I'd pull up to a traffic light and be unable to see the signal because of the seating position and the extremely small windshield. One time I had to look at the signal through the sunroof in order to tell when it turned green. I think once you drive the car more you'd get used to the limited sight lines but it would take a while. I had serious trouble the first time I attempted backing the car into a space (it would benefit greatly from the Acura tilting passenger mirror). Because you sit so low seeing out the rear window for parking is next to impossible; you have no idea where the rear bumper is. If I were to own one I would dread parallel parking. In fact I'd avoid it at all costs: long car + poor visibility = disaster.

A few other build quality issues I was surprised to find. First, our car only had 500 miles on it when we picked it up in Boston. Likely we were one of the first people to rent it. After about two hours of driving I noticed a creaking sound coming from the back of my seat. It was most noticeable at low speeds around town and when climbing in and out of the car. I adjusted the seat position a few times and that seemed to get rid of the creaking but not completely.

The other problem I noticed was the A/C isn't nearly as powerful or cold as I am used to in my daily driver (a Nissan Frontier). We had the A/C on full blast for nearly an hour; we were comfortable but I was surprised. Also, when I took a slow right turn in town I felt some water dripping on my feet! I suppose from A/C condensation? I don't know. It didn't happen any other time during the weekend but that was a real surprise.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the dashboard. The gauges and controls are great. But there is a very large very blank section of black plastic. It's higher quality plastics than other GM cars I've rented before but there is a lot of it. Honestly, I think the Chevy trucks have a nicer interior feel than the Camaro; call me crazy. Also, I don't think there is a true in-dash navigation option only navigation through OnStar. That would be an issue I'd have to get over if I were to buy one. I had my Garmin with us for the trip but with the already limited visibility out of the windshield, adding a Garmin to the dash certainly didn't help. The short windshield also makes the rear view mirror quite a large obstruction.

I'm going to have to drive an SS with the manual transmission to see how the extra horsepower transforms the car (not that it really needs more unless you're stop light racing). For around $30k and 420 horsepower I don't know that there's a better deal out there right now for a high horsepower car.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
I'm going to have to drive an SS with the manual transmission to see how the extra horsepower transforms the car (not that it really needs more unless you're stop light racing). For around $30k and 420 horsepower I don't know that there's a better deal out there right now for a high horsepower car.
Easy, the Mustang.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by SpiderX1016
Easy, the Mustang.
No doubt. It's a far better car.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
^^^I agree but the Camaro is still prettier (on the outside anyway)...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
^^^I agree but the Camaro is still prettier (on the outside anyway)...
I disagree. I think the Camaro looks overweight. But to each his own.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
I forgot all about the new motor in the Mustang.