2006 EVO IX MR at autocross, 127k and still ballin ACTION SHOTS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,056 Likes on 2,688 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
vettes aren't worth a damn on most autocross courses
i just don't get along well with people that don't know what they're talking about because i have no patience for stupidity.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:02 PM
The ICEMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We should start a poll, but I will take less than a week.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:45 PM
black on black 04 TL 6MT

nice pictures. Evo's are beastly when it comes to autocross. a buddy of mine took his IX up to Canada to a Supra event and he was pretty much the center of attention the entire day. Evo's aren't sold in Canada i believe. don't quote me on that though.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Employee #13

Originally Posted by sol_da_man
nice pictures. Evo's are beastly when it comes to autocross. a buddy of mine took his IX up to Canada to a Supra event and he was pretty much the center of attention the entire day. Evo's aren't sold in Canada i believe. don't quote me on that though.
you're correct. they weren't sold in canada until the EVO X
Old 06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
everybody loves me. i just don't get along well with people that don't know what they're talking about because i have no patience for stupidity. i also make no apologies for the way i am, because that's just me. if you don't like it, stay off my threads. nobody asked you to come in here and talk shit. i don't beat around the bush, don't sugarcoat. if you're a dumbass, you're a dumbass.

you're welcome for the honesty.

Keep telling yourself that buddy.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Employee #13

Originally Posted by EuRTSX

Keep telling yourself that buddy.
check your sig. you and that guy seem to be brothers separated at birth, and guess who are the two i'm having problems with? go figure.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Keep going like this, guys, and some bans are going to handed out.

Please go back on topic or at least clean up your argument as there are valid points on both sides.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
this thread sucks
Old 06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
see my note about the capable driver. also, what are the mods on the vettes compared to the mods of the other cars? if the vettes are SM, and the STi is A Stock or something like that, then the vettes are supposed to take it. for example, if you have an A Stock EVO/STi running within a second or two of SM prepped Vettes, that proves my point. also, no one person takes the whole autocross. Autocross doesn't work that way. If you actually do attend the events, AND RACE, then you should know you only win YOUR class, and possibly PAX, that's it. and if you want to get into fastest times of the entire event, i'm going to call bullshit all day long on those coming from vettes unless the other cars aren't modded as much, or the drivers suck. the fastest times of the day usually aren't cars at all. they are going to be your open wheel formula cars or the shifter karts.
One vette is stock other than R compounds and exhaust. The other is built up. The STI's and EVOs that all attend our normal events are pretty much all tuned units. Maybe YOU should get out and attend some events. I wasnt comparing a stock wrx to a fully modded vette with 650 at the wheels (which there is one that usually attends) When i said what i said i was speaking of the class they were in (being the modded STI and vette in the same class) I was talking about the fastest times of the event because none of them have ever had Call bullshit all you want because you arent there and have no idea as to what you are talking about. This year the vettes havent run but the drivers of them have been running their EVOs and S2ks cleaning up. There is also a atom and he doesnt fare as well even though he should dominate. WHile most drivers of the vettes ive seen cant drive their car worth a dam in those tight confines, when you do find one that can they are very quick. Typically at these events around here there are no open wheels or formula cars or shifter carts
Old 06-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Employee #13

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
One vette is stock other than R compounds and exhaust. The other is built up. The STI's and EVOs that all attend our normal events are pretty much all tuned units. Maybe YOU should get out and attend some events. I wasnt comparing a stock wrx to a fully modded vette with 650 at the wheels (which there is one that usually attends) When i said what i said i was speaking of the class they were in (being the modded STI and vette in the same class) I was talking about the fastest times of the event because none of them have ever had Call bullshit all you want because you arent there and have no idea as to what you are talking about. This year the vettes havent run but the drivers of them have been running their EVOs and S2ks cleaning up. There is also a atom and he doesnt fare as well even though he should dominate. WHile most drivers of the vettes ive seen cant drive their car worth a dam in those tight confines, when you do find one that can they are very quick. Typically at these events around here there are no open wheels or formula cars or shifter carts
you don't have to attend every event in america to know what a car is capable of doing. all you really need to do is see one person drive multiple cars to see what they can do. we've got a guy at the last autocross that is one of the fastest guys in the state, and all he does is co-drive. he doesn't even run his own car at some events. he drove his miata, a C6 vette, a lotus Elise, 2 S2K's (modded), a pontiac G8 GT, a Nismo 350Z, and someone else's miata at the last event. the fastest of the group was the miata (not his). second fastest of that group, the elise, then his miata, then the S2K's, then the vette, then then the Z, then the G8. and what's funny is that aside from the miata and elise (both running race rubber), i posted faster times than all of the rest of the cars in that group by 1-2 seconds on worn street tires. i know it wasn't because of the driver, it was because the cars jsut weren't as fast.

as i said before, vettes can be fast on FAST tracks. slower, smaller, more techincal tracks they will be slower because they need their power to be fast. i'm not saying they are bad cars, so don't missunderstand me. i'm just saying that i've never seen a vette dominate any event i've ever been to in the past 8 years. they just don't. there are faster cars out there. if the vette can't use it's power, don't look for it to win.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
you don't have to attend every event in america to know what a car is capable of doing. all you really need to do is see one person drive multiple cars to see what they can do. we've got a guy at the last autocross that is one of the fastest guys in the state, and all he does is co-drive. he doesn't even run his own car at some events. he drove his miata, a C6 vette, a lotus Elise, 2 S2K's (modded), a pontiac G8 GT, a Nismo 350Z, and someone else's miata at the last event. the fastest of the group was the miata (not his). second fastest of that group, the elise, then his miata, then the S2K's, then the vette, then then the Z, then the G8. and what's funny is that aside from the miata and elise (both running race rubber), i posted faster times than all of the rest of the cars in that group by 1-2 seconds on worn street tires. i know it wasn't because of the driver, it was because the cars jsut weren't as fast.

as i said before, vettes can be fast on FAST tracks. slower, smaller, more techincal tracks they will be slower because they need their power to be fast. i'm not saying they are bad cars, so don't missunderstand me. i'm just saying that i've never seen a vette dominate any event i've ever been to in the past 8 years. they just don't. there are faster cars out there. if the vette can't use it's power, don't look for it to win.
Of course the smaller lighter cars are going to be better in the tight technical block corner style auto-x. No one said vetts would dominate the small ones, but to say they dont or cant dominate is rubbish. But you coming out saying vettes are useless Very rarely do we have the small technical events here. Every one likes the larger events. They arent always fast ones but they arent tight where as they are unable to use what they have. Maybe you should go out to different events once and awhile other places instead of throwing the flag.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:07 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,056 Likes on 2,688 Posts
Of course the smaller lighter cars are going to be better in the tight technical block corner style auto-x. No one said vetts would dominate the small ones, but to say they dont or cant dominate is rubbish. But you coming out saying vettes are useless Very rarely do we have the small technical events here. Every one likes the larger events. They arent always fast ones but they arent tight where as they are unable to use what they have. Maybe you should go out to different events once and awhile other places instead of throwing the flag.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Employee #13

that's pretty much what i've been saying from the beginning. they won't dominate on a track that is smaller/tighter. they will however, be dangerous on a track where they can use their power as an advantage. without their power, they are useless. any car can dominate a track that plays to it's strengths.