2006 Audi A4 2.0 S-Line Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Moto Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats and good luck on the car. You're a much braver soul than I am buying a used car at 68k miles with no warranty at all.

Hopefully you got a really good deal, because in my area you can find '06 B7 S-lines anywhere between $21k to $27k certified. Many with mileage between the 20k to 40k range. FWD versions are even cheaper starting around $17k.

As for my '06 A4, I've never had a problem with the oil burning, cam, or diverter valve. And my DV is the stock one. I did have a problem with the left headlight flickering on and off. There is a TSB out for it, but it's up to the dealer to determine if it's the housing that's causing the problem or the bulb. In my case, supposedly it was the bulb, so I just changed it myself. Aside from the head light, I haven't experienced any other problems (Knock on wood) and my car is flashed with APR 91 Octane software.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by Renegade
Yeah I saw, thats why I'm jumping on it quick! Was the install free? you just buy the APR chip online, then go to a local dealer and they do it?
Go to goapr.com, find a local dealer, buy the tune, they'll install it and you're done. They should ask you which 4 programs you want out of the 5 they offer (stock, 91, 93, 100, valet). They'll also give you all the extra options in the sale, security lockout, Throttle body adaptation/Fault code erase, and anti-theft. I went with stock, 91, 93 and valet for my car simply because I'll never use 100 octane.

Another question to ask them is how much they charge for a reflash. I mention this because if you ever have to take your car to the dealership and there's a new file to update your ECU with, that update will wipe your APR tune. Since you've already purchased the tune, all you have to do is go back to any shop that does APR tuning and you can get the APR tune put back on. If the shop you originally got the tune from doesn't charge for the reflash, you're good to go, but most shops will charge a small labor fee for their time to add the tune back to your car, but you will never have to pay for the tuning package again even if the dealership updates your ECU with an updated file.

Another thing regarding the tune, there is a remote possibility that the ECU number in your car may not be in the list of ecu numbers that APR has. Since your car is older, there's a good chance that won't happen, just be aware that if this happens don't worry. A good shop will simply call up APR, tell them what your ECU number is, APR will add it to their list and they'll be able to complete the tune. If the ecu number isn't in APR's list, usually what happens is the shop can't flash your car, or they can't add the extra options on or stuff like that. Like I said though, it's correctable, so no worries.

Originally Posted by Renegade
Thanks, right now my dad is picking it up, cant post pictures until I get the car. Spoke to the audi tech who sold it to me, he said in the service records they brought the car in for the cam lobe TSB so I should be all set
Nice! Glad to hear they did the TSB on it. You should be fine. if you can, call them back and ask them if that's a permanent fix or if you are still susceptible to the problem in the future. I'm curious to know that.

Can't wait to see pics of the ride man!

FYI, there's an Audi thread on here as well....

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/official-audi-discussion-thread-719563/

Last edited by Sly Raskal; 07-23-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
I hate you. And you had to get it in Ibis White too. There goes my only chance at having a car to show off on AcuraZine.

Congrats! I can't wait to see her.
I can't wait either. Dealer told me the ETA is mid September.

To the OP, congrats on your new car. Now post some pics, will you?
Old 07-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Making it Happen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by taitando
Congrats and good luck on the car. You're a much braver soul than I am buying a used car at 68k miles with no warranty at all.

Hopefully you got a really good deal, because in my area you can find '06 B7 S-lines anywhere between $21k to $27k certified. Many with mileage between the 20k to 40k range. FWD versions are even cheaper starting around $17k.

As for my '06 A4, I've never had a problem with the oil burning, cam, or diverter valve. And my DV is the stock one. I did have a problem with the left headlight flickering on and off. There is a TSB out for it, but it's up to the dealer to determine if it's the housing that's causing the problem or the bulb. In my case, supposedly it was the bulb, so I just changed it myself. Aside from the head light, I haven't experienced any other problems (Knock on wood) and my car is flashed with APR 91 Octane software.
I'd be surprised to see a B7 with some options with 30k miles certified for 17k as you say...not saying you are wrong but that seems a bit low to me.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Making it Happen

Been moving myself out and tomorrow my roomate, so been very time crunched, will post pics as soon as I can
Old 07-31-2009, 12:19 AM
Making it Happen

Car is chipped, I wonder if my old Cl-S or this new audi is quicker with the chip. Anyways getting a new diverter valve installed on Saturday to handle the extra boost