1 of the 3 Genesis in the United States...

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
omg joerockt #2.. the cycle never ends

What is it about Hyundai that brings out all the haters
Old 02-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
they scurred

hyundai has come a long way.. fast. koreans go for the major target consumers instead of brand name market.

they're not going out there with stylish cars and trying to compete against the big names. they're trying to do their own thing in making cheaper but near par alternative.

success for hyundai? hell yeah! they'll be up there soon enough.

btw - who's seulbi (sorry no korean font at work comp) and where she from? she's pretty cute.

Last edited by aaronnn; 02-29-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by JJaber06
Yeah, but Honda,Toyota, and Nissan established themselves somewhat before they jumped into the luxury segment. I guess you can say that about Hyundai, but I can't see that car being very successful under the Hyundai name. Honda, Toyota, and Nissan all introduced new names for the American market for a reason... You can deny it all you want, but people still won't pay $85,000 for a Toyota LS460, throw the "L" on there and its justified. I won't be surprised if Hyundai introduces a luxury branch in the future.
The Toyota Land Cruiser sells just as well as the Lexus LX470. Same trucks underneath the skin (even most of the outer body is the same). So what was that about a Toyota LS460?

Hyundai has been talking about launching a premium brand for some time now. So no, you should NOT be surprised at all. That's no news. Plus I already talked about this a few posts back. *sigh*

And thanks for your thorough, comprehensive survey of your friends' opinions. I'm sure the teens these days are not swayed by the badge and the pizazz of driving "cool cars." Of course they are going to say negative things about Hyundai. I just finished administering a survey of 3,000 people. Let me know if you want a pointer on how to do surveys.

Btw, when you mention those Japanese sports cars, it makes me chuckle. Why? Because it shows your narrow perspective of the auto industry. Car companies make the most amount of money on mainstream cars, like the "boring" family sedans. The NSX? Honda lost 900 million dollars over the course of the NSX production. The other sports cars may be profitable, but they are niche vehicles. The likes of Accord, Camry, Sonata are the real money makers, and the real deciding factors of the company's viability.

Just because Hyundai doesn't churn out a convertible 2-seater now, it doesn't mean it never will. Just a few years back, nobody would've thought that Hyundai would come out with a V8, RWD chassis. Where's Honda's V8? Speaking of sports cars, the Genesis Coupe just may be a real contender in the sports coupe market. So that also refutes your argument.

Christ, I hate the fact that you're making me compare Honda/Acura in a negative way because I really do like Honda. Otherwise I wouldn't be driving my TL, or spend time on AZ.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:07 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by TLyoung'un
What is it about Hyundai that brings out all the haters

I think it's cuz the Hondafanbois hate the fact that Hyundai actually has a f/r platform and V8...
Old 02-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Drifting

agreed and awesomely put.

it really does suck since these pessimistic posters are always so naive when it comes to car marketing.

hyundai can stay as a single company if they want. it won't matter. people will still buy it because to them, they just want something affordable but still get what the more "prestigeous badge company" gets you.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fibonacci
I think it's cuz the Hondafanbois hate the fact that Hyundai actually has a f/r platform and V8...
like i said. they scurrrrrred
Old 02-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,603 Likes on 5,377 Posts
Originally Posted by Fibonacci
haha... I think you're onto something!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Drifting

lets cram two of honda's many indestructible I-4's together and call it a day!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I take it you dont get out much
Wow! What kind of come back is that? That makes absolutely no sense as a response to what I said.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Drifting

i take it that he doesn't get out much
Old 02-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like what Hyundai is doing, but let’s not break out the anointing oil yet, to quote Bill Parcells. No, I haven’t seen the new Hyundai in person as most haven’t, but it’s far fetched to say they are in the same league as Acura just because they have a FR V8 platform. Let’s at least wait to see a couple comparison tests. I have a feeling that the MMC ‘09’ RL would hold its own.

Also, it takes more than RWD/V8 to make a luxury automobile. Maybe I’m different because I favor luxury features/gadgets over performance. If I wanted performance I would have bought a sports car, not an entry-level luxury sedan. If you don’t like your FWD Acura, just trade it in a buy another car, plain and simple. Don’t come here and post the same stuff day after day. I think we all know by now that you HATE Honda/Acura. Let it go and move on.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Does anyone read this

Wow after reading this thread I didn't realize how many little bitches are on this forum.

I am glad Hyundai is stepping it up. They are doing more than Honda.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Drifting

yeah.

although we can't say hyundai is on a level of japanese luxury brands just yet, but gotta admit, they're moving up there fast
Old 02-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 02-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Drifting

:gheyhug:

hyundai will come for youuuuus
Old 02-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
The Toyota Land Cruiser sells just as well as the Lexus LX470. Same trucks underneath the skin (even most of the outer body is the same). So what was that about a Toyota LS460?

Hyundai has been talking about launching a premium brand for some time now. So no, you should NOT be surprised at all. That's no news. Plus I already talked about this a few posts back. *sigh*

And thanks for your thorough, comprehensive survey of your friends' opinions. I'm sure the teens these days are not swayed by the badge and the pizazz of driving "cool cars." Of course they are going to say negative things about Hyundai. I just finished administering a survey of 3,000 people. Let me know if you want a pointer on how to do surveys.

Btw, when you mention those Japanese sports cars, it makes me chuckle. Why? Because it shows your narrow perspective of the auto industry. Car companies make the most amount of money on mainstream cars, like the "boring" family sedans. The NSX? Honda lost 900 million dollars over the course of the NSX production. The other sports cars may be profitable, but they are niche vehicles. The likes of Accord, Camry, Sonata are the real money makers, and the real deciding factors of the company's viability.

Just because Hyundai doesn't churn out a convertible 2-seater now, it doesn't mean it never will. Just a few years back, nobody would've thought that Hyundai would come out with a V8, RWD chassis. Where's Honda's V8? Speaking of sports cars, the Genesis Coupe just may be a real contender in the sports coupe market. So that also refutes your argument.

Christ, I hate the fact that you're making me compare Honda/Acura in a negative way because I really do like Honda. Otherwise I wouldn't be driving my TL, or spend time on AZ.
Well Said!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
JJaber06 is getting his ass handed to him.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline

I didn't even think they make the LX470 anymore...I haven't seen one in ages. Maybe it could work in the SUV market, but I can't see a *luxury* car like the LS being successful in the USA under the Toyota name. Look at the Volkswagon Phaeton.

As for the premium brand thing, I had no idea, I don't really follow this company as closely as you. IMO, they should have held onto this car until they did release their upscale brand because I doubt people will cross shop between the jap trio and a Hyundai.

The survey...What did you want me to do? I asked three different people I was already talking to on AIM, I don't really have time, or reason, to do a 3,000 person comprehensive exam on other peoples thoughts of Hyundai. I can setup a booth at school and have people write down their opinions if you want, I doubt the results will vary much.

The sports cars I mentioned were just an example of why I respect those companies so much. Its not like Nissan, Honda, and Toyota are slouching in the mainstream sedan/coupe market, because I don't think i've seen a review that puts Hyundai in front of them, and I can't think of a SINGLE hyundai i'd take over a Civic, Accord, Sentra(maybe), Altima, Camry or Corolla. Adding a F/R V8 platform to the mix doesn't make the car leaps better than the competition either. Look at GM and Ford. Yes, its a step in the right direction, but it seems like SH-AWD is going to be standard on all Acuras (minus the TSX) I'm not making you compare to two either, you seem to show your negativity towards them any chance you get.

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
JJaber06 is getting his ass handed to him.
How exactly?

You should trade in your 335 for the V8 Hyundai that comes out in a few years
Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Senior Moderator

When im in the market for a new car then I will check it out. I drove all sorts of cars when shopping for the 335.

The name really has no impact on me to test out. I never thought to even test drive a Pontiac till the GTO came out. I was truly impressed by that car when i drove it.

So yes, a V8 with RWD will get me into the door.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:46 PM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just curious PA, do you know an approximate number of how many people reserved a genesis already?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Suzuka Master

When im in the market for a new car then I will check it out. I drove all sorts of cars when shopping for the 335.

The name really has no impact on me to test out. I never thought to even test drive a Pontiac till the GTO came out. I was truly impressed by that car when i drove it.

So yes, a V8 with RWD will get me into the door.
Doesn't it say...

"Euro Car Snob"

under your name? It might get you in the door, but i'll bet my laptop you're not putting your signature on the contract when its all said and done.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Doesn't it say...

"Euro Car Snob"

under your name? It might get you in the door, but i'll bet my laptop you're not putting your signature on the contract when its all said and done.

Uh didnt I just buy a Honda S2000.

Any idea how many of my snobby non-car friends make fun of it for being a honda....

<--- doesnt care what they think. The car is a blast to drive, just like the GTO was and if Hyundai is fun to drive then it will be on top of my list.

Last edited by Crazy Bimmer; 02-29-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Uh didnt I just buy a Honda S2000.

Any idea how many of my snobby non-car friends make fun of it for being a honda....

<--- doesnt care what they think. The car is a blast to drive, just like the GTO was and if Hyundai is fun to drive then it will be on top of my list.
yeah you bought the S2k so you could come into threads like this and say you "also" have a Honda. What do you think we are, stupid??
Old 02-29-2008, 09:59 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

I didn't even think they make the LX470 anymore...I haven't seen one in ages. Maybe it could work in the SUV market, but I can't see a *luxury* car like the LS being successful in the USA under the Toyota name. Look at the Volkswagon Phaeton.

As for the premium brand thing, I had no idea, I don't really follow this company as closely as you. IMO, they should have held onto this car until they did release their upscale brand because I doubt people will cross shop between the jap trio and a Hyundai.
you can't assume that just because hyundai isn't a luxury brand name, people wouldn't cross shop it with the japanese trio. this board is proof that car buyers will look at nearly anything that offers what they want.

are you that much of a brand whore? upscale this. upscale that.

despite its lack of an upscale badge, tell me, what about the car makes you believe it won't sell?

The survey...What did you want me to do? I asked three different people I was already talking to on AIM, I don't really have time, or reason, to do a 3,000 person comprehensive exam on other peoples thoughts of Hyundai. I can setup a booth at school and have people write down their opinions if you want, I doubt the results will vary much.
you don't need to bother with your own survey of people at your school.

i trust that PA put thought into his survey from a broad array of consumers - not just a subgroup.

of course your results won't vary much if people you'd ask are all the same age group, stage in life, etc.

The sports cars I mentioned were just an example of why I respect those companies so much. Its not like Nissan, Honda, and Toyota are slouching in the mainstream sedan/coupe market, because I don't think i've seen a review that puts Hyundai in front of them, and I can't think of a SINGLE hyundai i'd take over a Civic, Accord, Sentra(maybe), Altima, Camry or Corolla. Adding a F/R V8 platform to the mix doesn't make the car leaps better than the competition either. Look at GM and Ford. Yes, its a step in the right direction, but it seems like SH-AWD is going to be standard on all Acuras (minus the TSX) I'm not making you compare to two either, you seem to show your negativity towards them any chance you get.
that's fine and understandable that YOU won't take a single hyundai over its alternatives. but that's just you.

and PA has repeatedly said on this board that he's a fan of hondas/acuras. he still even owns a TL.

adding a RWD and V8 doesn't make a car better than the competition. you're right. but the point is that hyundai is at least progressing and advancing and delivering what buyers (and enthusiasts on this board) want at a discounted price. NOBODY. NOBODY is saying hyundai is better than honda/nissan/toyota.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:18 PM
6MT & LSD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJaber is being retarded... this car is not meant to be cross shopped with 50K+ cars from the likes of Lexus, BMW, MB, Audi, etc., just because it has comparable features and size as them.

Your TL (or mine for that matter) is on the same boat as the Genesis. Acura is like a shit brand to those who buy $50K+ BMW, Lexus, etc. But the TL is value-oriented, with pleasing looks and decent performance numbers... yet it still has tons of flaws - as much as I love my TL, I could list a whole bunch of stuff that's just not "upscale" enough to be called a "Luxury Car," hence why I call it entry-level lux/sport sedan. The TSX? It's even worse, with its sound insulation suitable enough for deaf people...yet these two cars have a price tag of 27 to 40k... and they both sell well.

The new Sonata, Santa Fe, Veracruz, and even Accent are helping establish solid foundation for Hyundai's rep, and the Genesis will probably seal the deal. And then it's onto a new Lux brand for Hyundai based on these, as well as build a sports car as a flagship... and I hope that day comes soon, just so you'd shut up about Hyundai being a shitty company and the Genesis being a piece of shit rip off.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by AznX TL
just curious PA, do you know an approximate number of how many people reserved a genesis already?
U.S. dealerships are not taking orders just yet, as far as I'm aware.

However, in Korea, they received over a thousand orders in just two days, if I recall correctly. They had to increase capacity at the plant due to the overwhelming response. The same plant(s) will be building the U.S.-spec Genesis, as well.

It's important to note that the Chairman usually does not introduce a new vehicle himself personally. The pattern shows that whenever he does introduce a car personally, however, it has always been a success. There is a lot riding on the Genesis for Hyundai on a global scale, and he performed the formal introduction himself in Korea. Nothing really scientific about it, but just an interesting tidbit of information.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
This is what happens when you step into a thread defending Acura when 9 out of 10 people in the thread don't even own one anymore. Its like going into the Mustang forums and going "FORDS SUCK!!" not like I've ever done that though.........

We'll see. Not many people took the 2G CL seriously as a sports coupe, hence why it died after only 2 generations in only 7 years. Then again it pretty much was a 2-door TL at that point. Acura half-asses everything nowadays.... if Hyundai manages to take off with the Genesis coupe (which is WAY more than just a 2-door Genesis sedan) then its already a clear sign that Hyundai has surpassed Acura, at least in one category, which is a huge step in and of itself.

And how can you be so elitist when you own an ACURA, not a Lexus or MB. I thought BMW drivers were the snobs, but even the BMW drivers in here admit they're excited. Hyundai is and has pretty much always been like the Toyota of today, everyday cars like someone mentioned above. That's pretty smart, considering Toyota is currently the largest automaker in the world (just surpassed GM I believe).

So Hyundai never has had a true performance model or participated in any major racing championships.... that very well could change with the Genesis coupe. It took Honda 30 years into the US market to come out with the NSX, while it only took Hyundai 20 years to introduce the Genesis coupe. Different leagues of their own, but still a performance flagship to their respective car companies.

Some may think I'm full of shit for saying this but I would be willing to take a look at a V8 Genesis coupe as a replacement for my Camaro. Who's to say if it'll sway me (the 2009 Camaro and G8 GXP are high on my list) but it definitely has caught my attention in a positive way, with regards to new cars. I really wish I could say the same for Acura but I just can't. I never thought I'd say that but I just did.

And @ the trading in the 335i for a V8 Hyundai. Those cars are leagues apart, and not because of the badge. The Genesis coupe is a MUSTANG fighter, not a 335i fighter. Let me know if you find someone who cross shops a Mustang GT and a 335i coupe.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:41 PM
where is....

mustang GT and 335i coupe have similar performance, don't know why it wouldn't also be a 335i fighter?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Dragging knees in

www.lexus.com
www.toyota.com

The LX and the Land Cruiser are most definitely still on sale in the U.S. What does it matter whether it's SUV or passenger car market? Luxury division is luxury division; and in case you haven't noticed, truck and SUV sales surpassed passenger car sales in the U.S. recently for the first time in history. Care to try again?

The Phaeton failed because it was too close to its sibling Audi A8. Plus they were asking too much for it. The Genesis has no sibling vehicle whose sales it could potentially erode. Plus the projected price range isn't that far fetched given its current line-up and price range.

It's not about following the specific company. It's about following the entire auto industry in general. Honestly, if you want to have a discussion about the auto industry, then you should come prepared.

What you think Hyundai should have done is irrelevant. Trust me, they've got people over there whose sole job is to think about stuff like this. They know more about it than you, me, and everyone else in this thread combined.

When you administer a survey, you need to survey a wide range of demographics so the results aren't biased. That's the first rule of survey. Otherwise the results of the decisions you make based on the survey results could be catastrophic and devastating to the company's status. You asked your fellow teenage friends, who I am guessing is of similar financial status as you (or your parents). Meaning, they probably drive cars similar to your Acura TL. Considering that the backgrounds of the responders of your impromptu survey were extremely limited and narrow, you may as well have not posted about it. It serves no purpose for the sake of this discussion.

*sigh* You see my avatar? That's my modified Acura TL on a race track. When you have modified and driven your TL as hard and much as I have, then you can talk to me about negativity toward Honda and Acura. When you have sweat, bled and frozen your fingers off working on your car in extreme weather conditions like I have, then you may come talk to me about it.

I like Honda and Acura just fine. I've already said that in my last post. You obviously didn't read it, or didn't comprehend it. My brother also owns a 3G TL 6-speed. I'm a Honda guy. It is you who keep making illogical comparisons between Hyundai and Honda/Acura, forcing me to prove you wrong by pointing out the flaws of Acura today. But I like Honda and Acura just fine. I even have an '07 Honda CBR600RR sport bike in my garage along with an '07 Suzuki GSX-R600, and the TL, of course.

BYE!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by AznX TL
mustang GT and 335i coupe have similar performance, don't know why it wouldn't also be a 335i fighter?
Interesting question.... but it seems like even Hyundai is marketing the Genesis coupe as its Mustang. My point is the Genesis coupe isn't going to be stealing sales from the 335i coupe anytime soon. Do you know anyone debating getting a Mustang GT vs. a 335i coupe? There's a ~$10,000 price difference between the two. The Mustang GT is a pretty brutal solid rear axle muscle car while the 335i is a refined, luxurious sports car.

This is why you see comparisons between the Mustang vs. Challenger vs. Camaro, not Mustang GT vs. G37 vs. 335i coupe. The Genesis coupe is an odd car in the current market, it may take sales from the 328i, maybe the Mustang V6 and/or GT.... maybe it could be a 335i fighter but I have to wonder how great Hyundai is at engineering performance chassis and suspension combinations.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
where is....

hmm from what ive been reading, the genesis coupe is going to be turbo i4 and v6, and i think PA said not likely to see a V8 in the coupe.
im putting money on 1 series vs genesis coupe.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:16 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

preach, PA!

preach!

and yes. i remember reading in a magazine that the coupe will not have the V8. something about the car being too small for the engine?
Old 03-01-2008, 12:22 AM
where is....

not gonna lie, the coupe has grabbed my attention

not too sure how reliable hyundai will be with a factory turbo engine, because honda didnt do a very good job on the k23T
Old 03-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Dragging knees in

AznX TL -- Hyundai just recently developed its own line of 3 turbo diesel engines. And they've been producing turbo diesel trucks for some time now. So they have some experience and knowledge with forced induction.

However, turbo gasoline is something that remains to be seen. I agree with you. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Drifting

yuummmm.. rwd turbo-4. i like!
Old 03-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
This is what happens when you step into a thread defending Acura when 9 out of 10 people in the thread don't even own one anymore. Its like going into the Mustang forums and going "FORDS SUCK!!" not like I've ever done that though.........

We'll see. Not many people took the 2G CL seriously as a sports coupe, hence why it died after only 2 generations in only 7 years. Then again it pretty much was a 2-door TL at that point. Acura half-asses everything nowadays.... if Hyundai manages to take off with the Genesis coupe (which is WAY more than just a 2-door Genesis sedan) then its already a clear sign that Hyundai has surpassed Acura, at least in one category, which is a huge step in and of itself.

And how can you be so elitist when you own an ACURA, not a Lexus or MB. I thought BMW drivers were the snobs, but even the BMW drivers in here admit they're excited. Hyundai is and has pretty much always been like the Toyota of today, everyday cars like someone mentioned above. That's pretty smart, considering Toyota is currently the largest automaker in the world (just surpassed GM I believe).

So Hyundai never has had a true performance model or participated in any major racing championships.... that very well could change with the Genesis coupe. It took Honda 30 years into the US market to come out with the NSX, while it only took Hyundai 20 years to introduce the Genesis coupe. Different leagues of their own, but still a performance flagship to their respective car companies.

Some may think I'm full of shit for saying this but I would be willing to take a look at a V8 Genesis coupe as a replacement for my Camaro. Who's to say if it'll sway me (the 2009 Camaro and G8 GXP are high on my list) but it definitely has caught my attention in a positive way, with regards to new cars. I really wish I could say the same for Acura but I just can't. I never thought I'd say that but I just did.

And @ the trading in the 335i for a V8 Hyundai. Those cars are leagues apart, and not because of the badge. The Genesis coupe is a MUSTANG fighter, not a 335i fighter. Let me know if you find someone who cross shops a Mustang GT and a 335i coupe.
I love how the car you drive determines if you're a snob or not. There are people in my area that have $1.5M houses and drive around in a Corolla. Theres no being snobby about it, Hyundai never really excited me. There was no car in the past that really made me admire the company, they haven't released any new technology, and they've always been run of the mill cars that get you from point A to point B.

I'm down for companies going to the upscale market, but i'd much rather have Mitsubishi or even Mazda get in the game even though that'll be extremely unlikely. Its just Hyundai....yuck.

I don't think you're full of shit for trading in the Camaro for the Hyundai coupe. I'd look more at the Mustang if I wanted a real american V8 muscle car with some balls to it.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
^ i know opinions are all subjective.. but isn't it ironic that there are bunch of people on this Acura site that's excited about where Hyundai is heading while you, teenage kid, are the only one that says "Its just Hyundai....yuck."

You are not convincing anyone here, and nor anyone trying to make you buy Hyundai. So, you can't stop killing this thread. Grow up.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by yohan81718
^ i know opinions are all subjective.. but isn't it ironic that there are bunch of people on this Acura site that's excited about where Hyundai is heading while you, teenage kid, are the only one that says "Its just Hyundai....yuck."

You are not convincing anyone here, and nor anyone trying to make you buy Hyundai. So, you can't stop killing this thread. Grow up.
If you read the thread, i'm obviously not the only one. Its just that anyone that DOES have an opposing viewpoint gets put on the spot. Starting from page one, there are others that feel the same way, get the fuck over it. If everyone had the same opinion, we'd all be driving the same cars. Anyways, enjoy.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:15 AM

I love how the car you drive determines if you're a snob or not. There are people in my area that have $1.5M houses and drive around in a Corolla. Theres no being snobby about it, Hyundai never really excited me. There was no car in the past that really made me admire the company, they haven't released any new technology, and they've always been run of the mill cars that get you from point A to point B.

I'm down for companies going to the upscale market, but i'd much rather have Mitsubishi or even Mazda get in the game even though that'll be extremely unlikely. Its just Hyundai....yuck.

I don't think you're full of shit for trading in the Camaro for the Hyundai coupe. I'd look more at the Mustang if I wanted a real american V8 muscle car with some balls to it.
Whats not exciting about a turbocharged inline-4 engine front engine RWD coupe? Not many other cars out there like that... matter of fact I can't even think of a current car in production in the US thats like that.

You just won't admit that you'd a badge whore, even though it increasingly shows the more you post.

@ the last part. A stock LS1 F-Body will destroy anything this side of an SVT Cobra. You have no high ground to stand on to talk to me about muscle cars with balls, you drive a TL. And I said I would consider it, like how Sellout said he test drove the GTO despite thinking he'd never get it.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Does anyone read this

If you read the thread, i'm obviously not the only one. Its just that anyone that DOES have an opposing viewpoint gets put on the spot. Starting from page one, there are others that feel the same way, get the fuck over it. If everyone had the same opinion, we'd all be driving the same cars. Anyways, enjoy.
Wow, you just don't know when to stop do you

Quick Reply: 1 of the 3 Genesis in the United States...