04 TL spy photos on Vtec.net!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003 | 10:21 PM
Safety Car

the mirrors are black, the front reminds me of the new Audi Nuvolari, looks real good overall, blandness is left behind.
Old 04-09-2003 | 10:22 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Originally posted by torqueaholic
LOOKS LIKE HAMMERED SHIT! :thumbsdn:

thank god I got my '03 accord coupe, and '03 tlp!

isn't teh TL, ur mom's ride

and i bet this "ugly abomination"/upscale grocery getter will spank ur car lol
Old 04-09-2003 | 10:24 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Originally posted by mantis23
if it comes like that, bye bye CLS...
exactly.......

finally someone w/style agrees w/me lol
Old 04-09-2003 | 10:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

LOL, I think it looks ok, *from what I have seen so far*

Man, I've been waiting months for these pics (although I was hoping they'd be a bit clearer) better than nothing.

I think its going to be awesome, at least from the blurry photos anyway
Old 04-09-2003 | 10:37 PM
Intermediate

the car looks like the drawings. check out the artist drawings here
Old 04-09-2003 | 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Zoot
do i sense some jealousy in the local Accord dork?:P
please! its hideous! tsx front, with a bloated audi a4 rear end! WTF were they thinking?
Old 04-09-2003 | 10:43 PM
Banned

Originally posted by unsure
so wait

didn't what u just say describe the new accord coupe?
yeah, emphasis on the word "NEW"! as in, were're still alive, while your dead!
Old 04-09-2003 | 10:47 PM
Banned

isn't teh TL, ur mom's ride

why do you guys have to hate? there is a tlp in my family, which I put 5 layers of wax on each month, come rain or shine, out of nothing but pure LOVE!! However, I'm going to always speak my mind! that car is terrible! they copied way too many other cars on the road today! look at the maxima forums! when spy shots of that "ninja turtle"('04 max) came out, they were all honest, and said IT SUCKED!
Old 04-09-2003 | 10:53 PM
Banned

with all the "new" amenities, they'll have to give it to 1up the accord, you know it'll be heavier! I mean looking at it, I can almost guess the weight! looks like the extra 20HP to the front wheels will be nullified! that thing will see nothing but tail lights out there on the streets!<--- my accord sez BRING IT!
Old 04-09-2003 | 11:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

with all the "new" amenities, they'll have to give it to 1up the accord, you know it'll be heavier! I mean looking at it, I can almost guess the weight! looks like the extra 20HP to the front wheels will be nullified! that thing will see nothing but tail lights out there on the streets!<--- my accord sez BRING IT!
What if it is 300hp 3.5l and 4wd :smartass:
Old 04-09-2003 | 11:19 PM
Banned

Tl is a nice car but I have to agree with torqueaholic that I doubt it will be faster than the CL-S 6 speed. IMO it looks alright but they wouldn't dare go RWD and AWD sounds unreasonable, then how can they come out with a 280 FWD car if 260 is max for front wheel drivetrain. They have to come out AWD which means guys it might be slightly slower cause of the added weight that comes with that.

Well see but it will be entertaining
Old 04-09-2003 | 11:29 PM
still a Masshole

But lou, if the go AWD then the type-s might come out with 300 hp. 260-280 would be the hp for the TL-P. The again it could be wishful thinking on my part.

I like the way the car looks (as far as I can make out). Looks sportier than the current one.
Old 04-09-2003 | 11:32 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

mdx all wheel drive is light as hell. and with 300 ponies pressing forth that thing will be a monster. C'mon , wrx(all wheel drive), evo(awd), Skyline(awd), 911 turbo(AWD), diablo(awd). The TL nor any other acura except for the nsx is in the league power wise of these cars but the fact is if they can make all wheel drive work, so can honda.
Old 04-09-2003 | 11:37 PM
whoXwanXsum

you talk a tad too much shit JR. i'm really wanting to kick your ass.

have you noticed, YOU'RE the only one here that is hating? i hope your still on the board when the accords daddy hits the streets...
Old 04-10-2003 | 12:26 AM
Banned

Originally posted by bigman
mdx all wheel drive is light as hell. and with 300 ponies pressing forth that thing will be a monster. C'mon , wrx(all wheel drive), evo(awd), Skyline(awd), 911 turbo(AWD), diablo(awd). The TL nor any other acura except for the nsx is in the league power wise of these cars but the fact is if they can make all wheel drive work, so can honda.
I wouldn't call the MDX light but its not that bad. All the other cars you mention are in the low 3000 lbs. mark. The TL is starting with 3500 again if all stay the same plus in addition an added drivetrain will cause it to weigh slightly more. All Im saying is the TL even if it would be slightly slower it will still kick ass in the twisties and still reign supreme versus the competition.
Old 04-10-2003 | 12:27 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by dbox
your still on the board when the accords daddy hits the streets...

Oh snhap......accords daddy
Old 04-10-2003 | 01:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by lou
I wouldn't call the MDX light but its not that bad. All the other cars you mention are in the low 3000 lbs.

he meant the AWD system, not the whole car.
Old 04-10-2003 | 01:46 AM
| Infinitely Variable |

Originally posted by sarlacc23
all I care about is if they get smart and put a 6spd in it.
hopefully the clutchless 6 speed
Old 04-10-2003 | 04:15 AM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Interesting... can't wait to see it in person... Not sure about the black mirrors; I guess I've always equated non-body color mirrors with economy models (eg Integra RS, Honda's DX, etc).

If the specs are good, I'll just have to get black again.

I sense an A-CL mini-meet at NYIAS this year!
Old 04-10-2003 | 12:42 PM
still a Masshole

I'll be at the show most likely saturday afternoon (4-19)
Old 04-10-2003 | 01:55 PM
Burning Brakes

its trade in time, that sht looks tite!
Old 04-10-2003 | 06:36 PM
Banned

you talk a tad too much shit JR. i'm really wanting to kick your ass. have you noticed, YOU'RE the only one here that is hating? i hope your still on the board when the accords daddy hits the streets...

dude, I have to be critical of the new TL! do you realize that its going to go head to head with:

BMW 330I
IS430
INFINITI G35
CTS w/ LS1 V8
AUDI A4
etc.....
Old 04-10-2003 | 07:16 PM
__

dude, I have to be critical of the new TL! do you realize that its going to go head to head with:

BMW 330I
IS430
INFINITI G35
CTS w/ LS1 V8
AUDI A4
etc.....
First off we have no idea about what this car has, so don't assume your list of cars you can't afford is better. IS430? That rumor is just as strong as the Acura rumors....and that's not their competition. CTS V8???? Are you kidding me? The CTS is barely competition, let alone the next V-series aimed at M3. I think you forgot to add your beloved Accord on that list.
Old 04-10-2003 | 08:42 PM
Banned

First off we have no idea about what this car has, so don't assume your list of cars you can't afford is better. IS430? That rumor is just as strong as the Acura rumors....and that's not their competition. CTS V8???? Are you kidding me? The CTS is barely competition, let alone the next V-series aimed at M3. I think you forgot to add your beloved Accord on that list.
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO STATE THIS: "I don't Fukin' hate the TL, because my parents drive one every single day!! secondly, if you think that sorry looking turtle is the absolute BEST job a car company as good as acura could have done, then you guys simply DON'T HAVE good TASTE! :p .........and as for the accord comment, I can only answer---->
Old 04-10-2003 | 08:49 PM
What, me drive fast?

Ahmmm, guys? Can we just wait for some better pics? Those three pretty much sucked as far as quality and I think it is hard to judge either way...good or bad from those crap pics. I am not siding with anyone here but those few pics didn't look too hot to me. I am reserving my judgement until we see the real pics that Acura puts out...sometime.
Old 04-10-2003 | 08:57 PM
Masshole

Old 04-10-2003 | 08:58 PM
Masshole

have you noticed, YOU'RE the only one here that is hating? i hope your still on the board when the accords daddy hits the streets...
Your favorite, bro.
Old 04-10-2003 | 09:03 PM
Banned

who shit in your cornflakes this morning? :pfawk:
Old 04-10-2003 | 09:05 PM
Masshole

Old 04-10-2003 | 09:53 PM
Banned

is430 is as REAL as the food you had for breakfast this morning! I saw a video of it on motorweek(tv show). It was being tested at nuremburg, where its chasis was being tunned to deliver "Germanic handling"! as for the CTS, It is a POS because its american, but you can't go wrong with a corvette engine under the hood. there are tons of mods available for that engine.

After seeing the "acuraboat" aka '04TL, I have definitely made up my mind on the IS430 for my TLP replacement! tsx front, audi a4 rear,'04max body, + 280HP FWD(you know it'll never exceed the nsx's HP rating) doesn't get me horney. :thumbsdn: looks like I'll be seeing most of you guys in the rear view mirror of the IS!
Old 04-10-2003 | 10:06 PM
The Third Ball

After seeing the "acuraboat" aka '04TL, I have definitely made up my mind on the IS430 for my TLP replacement! tsx front, audi a4 rear,'04max body, + 280HP FWD(you know it'll never exceed the nsx's HP rating) doesn't get me horney. :thumbsdn: looks like I'll be seeing most of you guys in the rear view mirror of the IS!
You mean you know what you'll be begging your parents to buy for THEIR TL-P replacement so you can try and pimp it around?

Torque i have never hated on you, but please Please PLEASE just shut up, and try and act a little older then you really are.

I mean I have a tough trying to agree with stuff you say cause its mixed in with so much shit.
Old 04-10-2003 | 11:20 PM
Duck Fuke!

is430 is as REAL as the food you had for breakfast this morning! I saw a video of it on motorweek(tv show). It was being tested at nuremburg, where its chasis was being tunned to deliver "Germanic handling"! as for the CTS, It is a POS because its american, but you can't go wrong with a corvette engine under the hood. there are tons of mods available for that engine.

your crap is so very very weak...........i realize you are pissed mommy didnt buy you a CL-S, or for that matter even a 6speed Accord but DAMN MAN........let it go already
Old 04-10-2003 | 11:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by jts1207
your crap is so very very weak...........i realize you are pissed mommy didnt buy you a CL-S, or for that matter even a 6speed Accord but DAMN MAN........let it go already
No, he's right, I have read multiple legitimate articles about the IS430 .. europeans tuner mags rave about it future entrance into the sales arena...

right now it's still projected to be mated w/ the 5-spd auto from the GS430,.. however they're contemplating the 6-spd from the Supra...
Old 04-11-2003 | 07:14 AM
whoXwanXsum

who shit in your cornflakes this morning? :pfawk:
1000 calorie protein shake for me JR. so, NOBODY DID.

an uzi smilie? u'd need a gun for me pal. this internet bullshit goes NOWHERE...just stop talking sOoOoOo much shit. even your name is fucking retarded, torqueaholic... and you drive a honda?
Old 04-11-2003 | 07:27 AM
Senior Moderator

this is the description for the up coming RL but i honestly believe it's the TL that'll be getting this:
instead, it will again get a V-6-a new generation 3.5-litre unit with 300 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque-and a version of the Honda Accord's front wheel-drive platform with all-wheel drive derived from the system in the MDX..
Old 04-11-2003 | 08:07 AM
Suzuka Master

just stop talking sOoOoOo much shit. even your name is fucking retarded, torqueaholic... and you drive a honda?
Old 04-11-2003 | 01:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Damn, this is better than watching a movie. Keep it going guys. Damn where did I leave that popcorn ? ?

Old 04-11-2003 | 01:58 PM
Banned

hahahaha, you are a total fucking moron

there is no such thing as a PRODUCTION IS430, its not going to happen. Lexus has made that quite clear. there is a company (which you are referring to) that built their own IS430 for shits and giggles, its not a production model, nor will it ever be and its not available to the public. Lexus wont be changing SHIT on the IS300 until at least 2005 when they change the body style....and by then, it probably wont even be an IS430, it will be an IS330 or something.

if you go to the IS300 forums and talk about an IS430, you will get FLAMED SO HARD, they fucking HATE when idiots like you try to say that there is such a thing as an IS430 thats going to the market. just because something has been built doesnt mean its going into production.....

get a clue moron

and besides, the new TL is not on the same level as a shitty base-model lexus, it will be up against the GS, if anything and the new RL (most likely in 2005) should be up against the LS lexus.
Old 04-11-2003 | 02:12 PM

Here is the real deal on the IS 430. There are 3 tuning arms for Toyota:
Tom's-in Japan
TTE-in Europe
L-tuned/TRD in the US

TTE was like L-tuned in selling body parts/mufflers etc. They decided the next way to go was in engine management to make more money for the company. They fit the 4.3 V-8 in with no problem and called it the IS 430. The car runs perfect and has been clocked conservatively at 5.9 sec to 60mph with the automatic transmission. Yes, there has been a lot of positive feedback to the car but TTE admits TOYOTA must approve this car.

The REAL beast is the TTE IS 430 compressor. It is supercharged to 404hp and a 0-60 sprint under 5 seconds. As well as 18" wheels, upgraded suspension and brakes. TTE said this is what they would RATHER sell, pending Toyota approval.

I seriously doubt it will happen. The IS 300 is at the end of it's production cycle. However, I am sure Toyota will ENSURE that the new car will fit the 2.0/3.3 and 4.3 engines with minmal fuss.

Heck, it took a year for the 5-speed to drop. Lexus did this hesitantly as well. AS much as I like Lexus, they are a pretty conservative company.

And the TL-S is not IS competiton. The Maxima and Infiniti I30, Lincoln V-6 and I would say the ES 300 is it's competition.

I do know, as the 1st gen GS 300 was okay and Lexus totally got the 2nd gen correct, the same thing will happen with the 2nd gen IS. They will get this car CORRECT!
Old 04-11-2003 | 02:19 PM

BTW, kill all the AWD, 300hp crap rumors. This car is an Accord with more features. It is a nice car but classic Honda conservative.
and besides, the new TL is not on the same level as a shitty base-model lexus, it will be up against the GS, if anything and the new RL (most likely in 2005) should be up against the LS lexus
The TL can't hold the GS jock strap. Sorry. That shitty base-model Lexus finishes above the TL in every comparison. Also RELIABLE. THe RL can't hold the LS jock strap who are you fooling?

THey are great value cars, not direct competition. THat article in Forbes (or was it money) explains everything.

Quick Reply: 04 TL spy photos on Vtec.net!