Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $1000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): RDX
Location (State/Prov/Terr): AL
Item Condition: Used

the fact the aeller doesnt want a refund seems shady to me. Ive seen lots of people on azine get refunds from other members. Sure, no one really likes to get a return item... but the opportunity to resell is aleays there.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by squid_monky
He wants me to pay for shipping both ways. I will be losing money after a legit sale. That is not right. I spent time through this whole thing. These rims are rear to find color and brand used. trust me i have talked to him. He is not willing to work it out. I am the one getting f@@@ed in this.
Originally Posted by o4Komodo
the fact the aeller doesnt want a refund seems shady to me. Ive seen lots of people on azine get refunds from other members. Sure, no one really likes to get a return item... but the opportunity to resell is aleays there.
The bold part means a refund was requested.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:16 PM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrstak
the pictures from your selling thread don't match the pictures ezzy just posted from the box. all those scuff marks weren't on the original pics. so how did they appear?
I told him about those marks. They appeared just from driving. Ron Jon him self told me that the lip was there to take the hit insted of the wheel. They are 19" wheels the lip is very small. I bought these rims a little over a month ago. But I told him about the marks. I even spent money and time to try to cover up some of the marks. And he thanked me.

Last edited by squid_monky; 10-12-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:19 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Ron A
like I said I was willing to take them back. but he wanted me to pay shipping both ways. i will be losing $200 of my own money. just cause he wants to send them back. Is that fair?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
He is right about the $1000. I did pay $960 but for the sake of typing just rounded it up. That is the only thing he is correct about. When we spoke on the phone he confirmed that there were only two blend and that they were by the lug holes. He said that they were Bradley noticeable. Funny thing is, I asked for the two hundre but then the next day realized how bad it was. I took them to my wheel guy to see if he could fix them (and salvage the deal) and he said no way. He also said that there is no way I will be able to get tires on them without making it all worse.

It's a jacked deal. I think everyone knows that my intent was to buy the wheels as described and pictured and nothing less. I care about the things on my vehicles and would have never even remotely been interested in these had they been listed correctly.

Say what you want Jason. The courts will see the same things everyone on here does. Now that you have called the police on me it changes things as well.

You were cool at first but now you are looking more and more shady every minute. The world needs less people like you. That's a fact.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:25 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
He wants me to pay for shipping both ways. I will be losing money after a legit sale. That is not right. I spent time through this whole thing. These rims are rear to find color and brand used. trust me i have talked to him. He is not willing to work it out. I am the one getting f@@@ed in this.
First its not a legit sale if you didn't disclose everything and both of you have spent time on this so its not one-sided. It seems like your looking at this pretty selfishly you have to remember you getting the rims back and you can still sell them maybe not for what you were asking but you will still make money.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:26 PM
10th Gear

like I said I was willing to take them back. but he wanted me to pay shipping both ways. i will be losing $200 of my own money. just cause he wants to send them back. Is that fair?
He has a point here, buying any used product has a risk factor to it. Having you pay for shipping both ways would be unfair, but your pictures don't help your cause at all. I think if you could prove that he was aware that there were other marks before you shipped the item, both parts paying of half the shipping would be fair. If it were me I wouldn't want to lose 200 flat out, but then again I wouldn't have posted immaculate pictures of my rims knowing that is not the case.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Intermediate

It's fair because you made me spend $100 to see that they were not as described and another $100 to send them back to you. It's crazy to me that you wouldn't see what I am asking as fair. I asked specifically if anything happened furring the tire removal. You said no. I said ship em and payed. If you had told me that more damage had been done I would have never made the purchase. Plain and simple.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:32 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I sincerely hope you guys can work this out.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alex|WILLIAM
He has a point here, buying any used product has a risk factor to it. Having you pay for shipping both ways would be unfair, but your pictures don't help your cause at all. I think if you could prove that he was aware that there were other marks before you shipped the item, both parts paying of half the shipping would be fair. If it were me I wouldn't want to lose 200 flat out, but then again I wouldn't have posted immaculate pictures of my rims knowing that is not the case.
This is funny. I was aware of the two marks that were listed in the OP not the 15 others that are in the lip.

Trust me. If this happened to you then you wouldn't be saying what you are saying.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by clpassenubye
First its not a legit sale if you didn't disclose everything and both of you have spent time on this so its not one-sided. It seems like your looking at this pretty selfishly you have to remember you getting the rims back and you can still sell them maybe not for what you were asking but you will still make money.
OMG dude i did tell him the way the rims were. I am not a professional seller and he is not a professional buyer. We made a deal on the phone. I even lowered it $200 from the original price i wanted. LIKE I SAID i would take them back and resale them. But if i pay the shipping both ways ill still lose $200 for nothing even if i sell them. In most online returns, the buyer pays for the shipping even on returns.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mrstak
the pictures from your selling thread don't match the pictures ezzy just posted from the box. all those scuff marks weren't on the original pics. so how did they appear?
I'm guessing when the tires got pulled. I told them to take good, close pictures before so that if the tire company messed them up they could make a claim. We all know shitty tire companies have a hard time with low profile tires on big rims.

Instead of telling me about what happened (assuming that is what happened) they just tried to paint over it and then sent them to me. I even asked point blank if anything happened and was told no.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Life Connoisseur

Received 131 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by EZZZZY1
...it was sent as a gift. FML

Damn...hope a lot of others learned something form this.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 PM
B A N N E D

EJ... (EZZZZY1) If you want to get a return for the rims, that's fine. But you will have to pay the $100 for the shipping. Or get your friend to give you a deal on shipping like you did before. I am losing out too. i might have been able to sell them to someone else. Before i bought new ones. i almost bought used ones for $1200 off of acurazine that had way more marks. Man you should really put them on your truck they will look good. The marks will barley be seen.

Last edited by squid_monky; 10-12-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Intermediate

OMG dude i did tell him the way the rims were. I am not a professional seller and he is not a professional buyer. We made a deal on the phone. I even lowered it $200 from the original price i wanted. LIKE I SAID i would take them back and resale them. But if i pay the shipping both ways ill still lose $200 for nothing even if i sell them. In most online returns, the buyer pays for the shipping even on returns.
You told me about the few (you said 2) that were from the impact gun and nuts. You are making it sound like you took money off because of the damage, that is not the case. I told you I had $1000 to spend on wheels and that I would give you $900 and pay for the shipping. I even budged and ended paying for the tires to be pulled, that's why I ended paying $960 plus shipping.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Intermediate

EJ... (EZZZZY1) If you want to get a return for the rims, that's fine. But you will have to pay the $100 for the shipping. Or get your friend to give you a deal on shipping like you did before. I am losing out too. i might have been able to sell them to someone else. You should just put them on your car. They will look good. before i bought new ones. i almost bought used ones for $1200 off of acurazine that had way more marks.Man you should really put them on your truck they will look good. and the marks will barley be seen.
I am not putting them on my car. Try to understand that some people don't like rims with rash and huge pieces of paint chip. If you refund me and I pay shipping then I spent $200 because of your mistake. That's not fair. I am not an unfair person. I even tried to work with you because you said you have a lot of problems but the bottom line is they cannot be fixed and I do not want them. You could have saved yourself all this grief by just being honest.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:04 PM
B A N N E D

I am not putting them on my car. Try to understand that some people don't like rims with rash and huge pieces of paint chip. If you refund me and I pay shipping then I spent $200 because of your mistake. That's not fair. I am not an unfair person. I even tried to work with you because you said you have a lot of problems but the bottom line is they cannot be fixed and I do not want them. You could have saved yourself all this grief by just being honest.
I told you about the marks on the phone. I didnt think to send you pictures, and you didnt think to ask for pictures to make sure you were ok with exactlly what the marks looked like. i told you they were on the lip and bolt holes. I could sell those rims no prob for $900 like i sold them to you. but im not losing out on the shipping.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Intermediate

I told you about the marks on the phone. I didnt think to send you pictures, and you didnt think to ask for pictures to make sure you were ok with exactlly what the marks looked like. i told you they were on the lip and bolt holes. I could sell those rims no prob for $900 like i sold them to you. but im not losing out on the shipping.
We already went through this. You know you only told me about the two spots. If you told me over the phone why were they not listed anywhere in the thread. It wasn't in the OP and it wasn't mentioned anywhere below.

I asked what they looked like and you told me they were from whoever putting the lug nuts on. That's it. You and I both know that and you confirmed that during our last conversation. What is so hard to understand about the fact that our conversation on the phone would have been over if you had said "oh and it's not in the listing but there are 15 rather large gashes on the lip". I would have said thanks for your time but I am looking for something in better condition.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Intermediate

I am not going to go back and forth. This will be the last time that I talk to you about settling without taking anyother paths.

I can't even believe I am saying it but I will split the shipping with you. You loose a hundred and so do I. You would be responsible for setting the return shipping up and getting me the labels.

I am not kidding when I say this is it. You would have 24 hours to get the labels sent to me and I would have them picked up and on their way to you on Monday.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
Girls.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Dirty
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Intermediate

Last thing I will say about any of this. I asked you about the two marked that we're listed in the post. You said that they were small and hardly noticeable. I told you that I am pretty pickey about this stuff and you said you were too. You said that if you touched them up that they wouldn't even be noticeable. I was cool with that. I took your word. There was nothing more said about any of the other spots whatsoever. Again, if you had brought up the other spots I wouldn't have even been interested. That and between the pictures posted and what was written I didn't feel the need to take it any further. You can keep saying that you told me about the other marks and I will continue to tell you that it would have been a deal breaker.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM
TL-S

Received 412 Likes on 365 Posts
The way I see it, you have some very easy options. Both parties should stop being assholes (albeit the seller is more at fault).

I sold a set of 18x8 aspec wheels here on the forum. I had Never even had mounted them on my car. I purchased them used locally, found a set in better condition, and decided to resell before mounting.

Sold them and shipped them (with PROPER PACKAGING) to a member here on the forum. He received them, went to get tires mounted, and they told him 3/4 of them were bent. I had no idea they were bent, he had no idea they were bent. Essentially we were both fucked. (Just like the seller AND the buyer in this situation...

He called me, explained, and I told him my part. I had bought them used and didn't know. Told him I was screwed just like he was.

I offered 3 options:

-Ship the wheels back to me, I'd eat the cost of shipping them to him and he would eat the cost of shipping them back. Neither of us were at fault so we both took risks and the only fair option would be to split the loss in shipping costs

-I would resell the wheels on Acurazine, and have him ship them out from his location on my behalf (saves him costs of shipping back to me) and have the new buyer pay shipping on the wheels

-Have the wheels repaired and I would cover repairing the bends.

In the end, the buyer agreed to have the wheels repaired. He paid 400$ to have all 4 wheels fully refurbished including bends and all curb damage. I agreed to cover half the damage if he covered the other half. Worked out well since he got PERFECT A-Specs in the end. He got the benefit of only paying 200$ to get all the wheels in perfect condition (they were sold with curbage) and I paid $200 to make him happy with the transaction and allow him to get what he actually paid for.

You two have the same three options. Pick one, do it, and move on.

Integrity>a few hundred bucks.

Last edited by quanaman; 10-12-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Intermediate

Sorry if you mistook my "I'm completely fucking pissed off about this deal and how it's being handled by the sell" attitude for me being an asshole but I'm not. I just want this resolved.

In your case it seems that an honest mistake had been made. In this case I received something different than what was explained and pictured. I respect you for handling your situation the way you didn and would appreciate the same from Jason.

P.S. I'm sure if you were in my shoes you would get a little assholeish. Lol

Last edited by EZZZZY1; 10-12-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry if you mistook my "I'm completely fucking pissed off about this deal and how it's being handled by the sell" attitude for me being an asshole but I'm not. I just want this resolved.

In your case it seems that an honest mistake had been made. In this case I received something different than what was explained and pictured. I respect you for handling your situation the way you didn and would appreciate the same from Jason.

P.S. I'm sure if you were in my shoes you would get a little assholeish. Lol
Sorry to see it come to this but I do agree with the the poster above. Even if you won the Paypal judgement, which I know they will not cover since it was sent as a gift, you would still have to eat the shipping cost. Both of you will have to lose to come to some type of agreement.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by quanaman
The way I see it, you have some very easy options. Both parties should stop being assholes (albeit the seller is more at fault).

I sold a set of 18x8 aspec wheels here on the forum. I had Never even had mounted them on my car. I purchased them used locally, found a set in better condition, and decided to resell before mounting.

Sold them and shipped them (with PROPER PACKAGING) to a member here on the forum. He received them, went to get tires mounted, and they told him 3/4 of them were bent. I had no idea they were bent, he had no idea they were bent. Essentially we were both fucked. (Just like the seller AND the buyer in this situation...

He called me, explained, and I told him my part. I had bought them used and didn't know. Told him I was screwed just like he was.

I offered 3 options:

-Ship the wheels back to me, I'd eat the cost of shipping them to him and he would eat the cost of shipping them back. Neither of us were at fault so we both took risks and the only fair option would be to split the loss in shipping costs

-I would resell the wheels on Acurazine, and have him ship them out from his location on my behalf (saves him costs of shipping back to me) and have the new buyer pay shipping on the wheels

In the end, the buyer agreed to have the wheels repaired. He paid 400$ to have all 4 wheels fully refurbished including bends and all curb damage. I agreed to cover half the damage if he covered the other half. Worked out well since he got PERFECT A-Specs in the end. He got the benefit of only paying 200$ to get all the wheels in perfect condition (they were sold with curbage) and I paid $200 to make him happy with the transaction and allow him to get what he actually paid for.

Agreed !!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Administrator

I am not going to go back and forth. This will be the last time that I talk to you about settling without taking anyother paths.

I can't even believe I am saying it but I will split the shipping with you. You loose a hundred and so do I. You would be responsible for setting the return shipping up and getting me the labels.

I am not kidding when I say this is it. You would have 24 hours to get the labels sent to me and I would have them picked up and on their way to you on Monday.
So you will ship them back and he pays the shipping.

This is the best solution offered so far and squid_monky should take it.

I recommend to squid_monky that he takes this offer and runs with it.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 PM
21 Acura RDX Aspec

Received 290 Likes on 267 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
if you sent as a gift then you might be up shits creek. sorry man. if you pay for merchandise as a 'gift' than you have no recourse when something like this happens.

lesson learned i suppose.

how do people treat other people like this? it's the way the world is now'adays. seller knew the wheels were not as described, already had your $1000 payment in his hands, sent the wheels across the country to you knowing that he'd never have to deal with you personally.

people are grimey man. more often than not.
Com'on...JUDGE, JURY AND EXECUTIONER... Like Ron A said ^^^ ...Lets all wait how this resolved by SM himself rather then throwing him to the wolves.

My ONLY opinion is...Packaging in a box with BLUE PAINTERS TAPE, did not! do that damage shown above. That was preexistence damage and may or may have not been existing when the original pics were taken that were used for the FS/BM thread...Just a thought. Wish buyer luck!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Intermediate

The damage done to the rims is super fine scratches on all the high spots. Probably buffable and honestly I would be disappointed if that's all that was wrong but would not be Wanting a refund.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Let's hold off on the comments and see how they get together on this.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
You're right. I was on a quick break and missed that post from him.

All-in-all it seems you two are coming to a relatively mutual agreement. Hope things work out
Old 10-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
LOL fucking squid is a funny guy. Look what he pm'd me. Buthurt cause he fucked up on a sale and he knows it.

Also! If funny guy over here decides to refund then make him refund first and then transfer the funds to your bank account. ONCE PAYMENT CLEARS THEN SHIP THE WHEELS back so you dont get fucked over twice. Trust me, ive shipped stuff out before without payment getting cleared and what happened? I lost in the end empty handed.

Last edited by tOny3; 10-13-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I know Tony3, you have a bad-ass avatar!!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Intermediate

The offer is on the table. I would like to know what you want to do Jason. It would be nice to put this behind us and not have to look back.

Let's just get this done man, we have the chance to do it.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 AM
Drifting

Received 663 Likes on 539 Posts
Originally Posted by quanaman

I offered 3 options:

Q I came here to post that same story but now see that I don't have to! I was the buyer of said a-specs. It wasnt a perfect situation for either of us, but we both talked thru it and found the best resolution. Q was extremely helpful and there was great communication. Yes, I ended up spending more than anticipated, but I have beautiful, perfect a-specs now. Due to how Q handled it, I would recommend him as a seller to anyone. Thanks again!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
EJ... (EZZZZY1) If you want to get a return for the rims, that's fine. But you will have to pay the $100 for the shipping. Or get your friend to give you a deal on shipping like you did before. I am losing out too. i might have been able to sell them to someone else. Before i bought new ones. i almost bought used ones for $1200 off of acurazine that had way more marks. Man you should really put them on your truck they will look good. The marks will barley be seen.
just to clear that up, he was going to buy my used ronjons for 1200 with 70% tires mounted on them including tpms, then he was going to buy just the wheels for 1000 and i almost had the tires unmounted and was going to deliver them fron chicago to new york tilll the last minute when he changed his mind..then called me back and said he was down to buy them again, and then the next day changed his mind and bought new ones from ronjon for like 960 or something.

this dude was shady and weird when he was dealing with me, i hope you get your money back for the wheels. definetely have him refund you before you ship them out, dont wanna get burned with the money and the wheels.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
squid monkey should just be happy he didnt send those wheels to this guy

i hope everything works out, and you guys can walk away from this satisfied.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Received 1,085 Likes on 810 Posts
Maybe the OP can take that $200 and add a little more on top to get them freshly refinished/powdercoated? Makes life a little easier than to have lots of $$$ lost on shipping
Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Need More HP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Brother, suck it up and take the hit on shipping them back to the seller. It will be peace of mind to be done with this frustration and anger it is bringing you and your family up to this point, right? It isn't worth all the hassle to file a small claims in this guys home town when you can just walk away from this for the cost of return shipping. The seller , Jason is clearly acknowledging he will take the wheels back and offer you back your $960. Hell, if you did a paypal claim they would require you to send back the goods anyway (and never pay for something on PP as a 'gift'!!). And if you did a credit card charge-back you would have to return those rims so or you would look like the bad guy (getting rims for free).

Just box them up with the same shitty painters tape and be done with it and have a great weekend!!!

and squid_monkey. Best to try and sell your beat to shit rims elsewhere at this point, and take pictures of the condition.

He is right about the $1000. I did pay $960 but for the sake of typing just rounded it up. That is the only thing he is correct about. When we spoke on the phone he confirmed that there were only two blend and that they were by the lug holes. He said that they were Bradley noticeable. Funny thing is, I asked for the two hundre but then the next day realized how bad it was. I took them to my wheel guy to see if he could fix them (and salvage the deal) and he said no way. He also said that there is no way I will be able to get tires on them without making it all worse.

It's a jacked deal. I think everyone knows that my intent was to buy the wheels as described and pictured and nothing less. I care about the things on my vehicles and would have never even remotely been interested in these had they been listed correctly.

Say what you want Jason. The courts will see the same things everyone on here does. Now that you have called the police on me it changes things as well.

You were cool at first but now you are looking more and more shady every minute. The world needs less people like you. That's a fact.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
Whoa.

Quick Reply: Warning do not buy from squid_monkey