Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

Starcraft 2 Beta Key

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starcraft 2 Beta Key

Mods: How would I yall like me to show proof of ownership?

I'm selling my SC2 Beta Key I received in email format by Blizzard from a special Blizzard Event that I attended. I do not have time to dive into SC2 at this point so I'm putting it up for sale. You must have a battle.net account (existing or newly created).

This email code will give you instant access to play the game once battle.new account is updated and SC2 beta is downloaded.

Price: $200 obo (beta keys are going for $200+ on ebay)
Payment: paypal +3%, unless local then it's Cash.
Paypal: johnnyling@gmail.com

I have perfect traders feedback on AZine, Amazon (jsnipes3), and Ebay (uneekl1ng).

Once payment is received through paypal and processed (will take a couple of days), I will forward the email from blizzard to the buyer.

From the email:

Each beta key can be used only once, so please make sure you are upgrading the battle.net account you wish to use to play SC2 beta. Once claimed, your beta key cannot be transferred to another battle.net account.

*I AM NOT SELLING software or virtual goods. This listing is for a beta key that will give you access to play the game which I am the rightful owner and which was given to me by Blizzard Entertainment©.
Title, ownership, and intellectual property rights for Starcraft 2® II: Wings of Liberty™ belongs entirely and exclusively to Blizzard Entertainment© and/or Activision. This listing is NOT for Beta related software of any shape, size or form, it just for the unique code generated for and awarded to me by Blizzard Entertainment© to gain access into an international closed Beta test.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Intermediate

when did you get the sc2 beta key?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:47 PM

^ March 4th, 10
Old 03-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i dont understand how your selling a key, its the email address that is the key. i got invited few days ago via email and got no key, but told me to log in with my email address i had reg'd with.....did it and works...so dont know how your doing this.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
This isn't the first sale like this, and I'll treat this like I did the others.

I don't know anything about gaming, but the people who would want to buy know enough to make sure they are not getting scammed.

The few posts above prove this, and I'm sure there will be more comments coming.

I will just recommend that "due caution should be exercised by those considering this sale"

This should not reflect on the seller, just a recommendation.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by MurdaZ
i dont understand how your selling a key, its the email address that is the key. i got invited few days ago via email and got no key, but told me to log in with my email address i had reg'd with.....did it and works...so dont know how your doing this.
I'm pretty sure we received two different things. I hope this clarifies any confusion. Here is a portion of the email I received (cropped for obvious reasons).

Old 03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
5th Gear

a beta game (demo) cost $200? wow.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:30 PM
OM NOM NOM NOM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're a Starcraft fan like me, you'd understand that this is one of the most anticipated sequels of the 1998 classic Starcraft series. People fight for these keys, as everyone wants a piece of it, and the key he has is only issues to certain special hosted events (he probably attended blizzcon). If you sign up for the email list there, you'll be offered a beta key for the game, which is currently available now. Just wanted to put my
Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Burning Brakes

I was sent the email and was no key so Vu might be right. I could easily sell my account but as a true hardcore starcraft fan, I have been playing it and freaking love it. I played sc since day one and still play it today so this was an easy choice. But if you want to get a head start before the game is release this 200 is actually cheaper then ebay deals.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by heyitsvu
If you're a Starcraft fan like me, you'd understand that this is one of the most anticipated sequels of the 1998 classic Starcraft series. People fight for these keys, as everyone wants a piece of it, and the key he has is only issues to certain special hosted events (he probably attended blizzcon). If you sign up for the email list there, you'll be offered a beta key for the game, which is currently available now. Just wanted to put my
Originally Posted by fobstylez
I was sent the email and was no key so Vu might be right. I could easily sell my account but as a true hardcore starcraft fan, I have been playing it and freaking love it. I played sc since day one and still play it today so this was an easy choice. But if you want to get a head start before the game is release this 200 is actually cheaper then ebay deals.
Thank you both for chiming in. There's really not much more to explain so please only post if you're interested.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got my SC2 beta and it was activated through a key.

bump for uneek and a great game!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Burning Brakes

lol wow had no idea ppl on azine played sc =D

we should all play together sometime lol... gl w/ sale... i'd totally be on this if i had the cash
Old 03-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Instructor

GLWS... I reserved a copy of SC2 last July 2009...
Old 03-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Instructor

Don't get me wrong but weren't these beta's released for FREE?
Old 03-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by spoka
They do... yes. Although it is worth something.

Ever win anything at a company party? Give it to me then since you didn't pay for it. Same concept as what you are saying.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:10 PM
OM NOM NOM NOM

Originally Posted by spoka
You're probably referring to the "leaked" versions where it's a cracked game and you cannot play online. I actually know "someone" who has a copy.. ahem.. .. because they just wanted to see how the gameplay was. But the cracked version allows the user to play a "single player" mode against the AI at the easiest setting. Really, it's crap.

With the key, you can play online with other people who have the key as well, and from what I heard, there's a new ranking system that ranks players by their skill (Silver, Gold, Platinum or something). This will be migrated onto the official release of SC2, which you will get to keep because your beta cd key entitles you to the complete upgrade once it's available. Hope that clears some things out.

The bottom line, you think it's for free, it's not. The cracked versions will not work live, and will never work live unless you have a real cd key.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by heyitsvu
You're probably referring to the "leaked" versions where it's a cracked game and you cannot play online. I actually know "someone" who has a copy.. ahem.. .. because they just wanted to see how the gameplay was. But the cracked version allows the user to play a "single player" mode against the AI at the easiest setting. Really, it's crap.

With the key, you can play online with other people who have the key as well, and from what I heard, there's a new ranking system that ranks players by their skill (Silver, Gold, Platinum or something). This will be migrated onto the official release of SC2, which you will get to keep because your beta cd key entitles you to the complete upgrade once it's available. Hope that clears some things out.

The bottom line, you think it's for free, it's not. The cracked versions will not work live, and will never work live unless you have a real cd key.
THanks heyitsvu for chiming in again I've been busy so it's hard to check in but you've pretty much answered all the questions that have been asked and have provided more than enough info to cover future possible questions.

So, PLEASE, if you are NOT interested or have NOTHING to contribute to this thread, stay out. All relevant questions are welcome.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:13 PM

OBO folks
Old 03-19-2010, 01:38 PM

bump
Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 PM

bump