Color:

Location (State/Prov):

SOLD! FS: TEIN SS - 2nd Gen TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOLD! FS: TEIN SS - 2nd Gen TL

Up for sale is a set of TEIN SS coilovers for the 2nd Gen TL. These are the ones w/o the pillowball mounts but as far as I know the pillowball mounts are only there to make installation easier (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). I bought this off another member of this board about a year and half ago and I would say they have been installed for about 20k or so. Unfortunately for me I have never taken my car to the track so they have never really been raced or abused. I'm selling my car soon so I have decided to part things out bit by bit and this is the first to go.

Anyhow, my asking price is $500+ship (paypal fees as well if using paypal). If anyone wants to pick them up, I am in San Diego, CA and also in Torrance, CA on select weekends. Any other questions, just ask. Sorry the coilovers are dirty but I took the pics immediately after I took them off. Any other specific angles you want just let me know and I'll take more pics

Now for the pics:

Old 06-06-2007, 01:23 AM
w202 on carlssons

pillowballs are also for those who want EDFC.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:21 AM
Instructor

How did you like the ride with them and how low were you?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by ll1l2l1l2lll
pillowballs are also for those who want EDFC.
EDFC will still work without the pillowball mounts on the TL. On the CL, I think it does require them in order to be used with the EDFC due to the lower hood clearance.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:11 AM
w202 on carlssons

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
EDFC will still work without the pillowball mounts on the TL. On the CL, I think it does require them in order to be used with the EDFC due to the lower hood clearance.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nizmugen
How did you like the ride with them and how low were you?
I think I had it dropped about 1.5-2in. both front and back. There might be some pics somewhere in this forum from when I had it installed but unfortunately I dont have any pics on my hard drive anymore since I forgot to back them up when I got the new computer. As for the ride I liked it better than stock since I felt like I had a better grip on the road but it's definitely not stock and can get rough when going over some bumps.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Hold the onions

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Is the dampening and the height adjustable from the EDFC when the pillowballs are not on??
Old 06-07-2007, 05:34 PM
w202 on carlssons

Originally Posted by bud760
Is the dampening and the height adjustable from the EDFC when the pillowballs are not on??
i just bought EDFC. when i tried test fitting it on my friend's car with SS coils. it wouldn't fit. it was dark but i'm not completely positive, so correct me if i'm wrong. the EDFC motor has threading on it and i assume you're suppose to screw it onto the top of the coil. however, the SS without the pillowball mounts have threading, but the threading is way too low for the EDFC motor to fit. soo, i think pillowball mounts are needed for EDFC. Pure Adrenaline seems to have more experience with it soo maybe hes right. LightningSTL26 take a pic of the very top of coil and i'll take a pic of the motor on the EDFC. maybe we could make a conclusion from there.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ll1l2l1l2lll
i just bought EDFC. when i tried test fitting it on my friend's car with SS coils. it wouldn't fit. it was dark but i'm not completely positive, so correct me if i'm wrong. the EDFC motor has threading on it and i assume you're suppose to screw it onto the top of the coil. however, the SS without the pillowball mounts have threading, but the threading is way too low for the EDFC motor to fit. soo, i think pillowball mounts are needed for EDFC. Pure Adrenaline seems to have more experience with it soo maybe hes right. LightningSTL26 take a pic of the very top of coil and i'll take a pic of the motor on the EDFC. maybe we could make a conclusion from there.
If you check the tein website you will see that the EDFC unit needed for the SS and SS-P are different. You probably have the EDFC unit for the SS-P. I hope this answers your question/problem.

Not to be rude but I would like to get back to the actual sale. Please refer personal question/problems to the other sections and direct questions related to what I actually have for sale here. Although I will be happy to take the pics requested (if you still want them) and help you out with any other questions on the side via PM. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:24 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bud760
EDFC does not allow you adjust the height of the ride only dampening. You would need airbag suspensions (or something similar) if you want height adjustment from inside the car.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Instructor

bump
Old 06-16-2007, 07:59 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by LightningSTL26
Up for sale is a set of TEIN SS coilovers for the 2nd Gen TL. These are the ones w/o the pillowball mounts but as far as I know the pillowball mounts are only there to make installation easier (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). I bought this off another member of this board about a year and half ago and I would say they have been installed for about 20k or so. Unfortunately for me I have never taken my car to the track so they have never really been raced or abused. I'm selling my car soon so I have decided to part things out bit by bit and this is the first to go.

Anyhow, my asking price is $500+ship (paypal fees as well if using paypal). If anyone wants to pick them up, I am in San Diego, CA and also in Torrance, CA on select weekends. Any other questions, just ask. Sorry the coilovers are dirty but I took the pics immediately after I took them off. Any other specific angles you want just let me know and I'll take more pics

Now for the pics:

are they already gone?

hey now im curious, i had the tein ss for my integra and man they were fabulous. but now i had them for the prupose ridiculous handling on a sports car. but how did they do in your TL? was the ride "rougher" don't really want to make my TL into a sports car or feel like one anyway. could you possible take pics of the top where the "allen wrench" would go if need be. just want to see if those were stripped or not. and there wasn't any oil or anything to signify that the are blown is there?

also might be interested in some of your parts. like the intake, does it make that damn sucking wooshing noise? once again trying to keep my car civil and luxurious.

the blitzsafe ipod thingy, does it still allow you to use your steering wheel controls?

right now im in afghan and the more detailed info and pics that you could give me be super awesome. wish i could be there to check out all your stuff.

thanks let me know man.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bk11383
are they already gone?

hey now im curious, i had the tein ss for my integra and man they were fabulous. but now i had them for the prupose ridiculous handling on a sports car. but how did they do in your TL? was the ride "rougher" don't really want to make my TL into a sports car or feel like one anyway. could you possible take pics of the top where the "allen wrench" would go if need be. just want to see if those were stripped or not. and there wasn't any oil or anything to signify that the are blown is there?

also might be interested in some of your parts. like the intake, does it make that damn sucking wooshing noise? once again trying to keep my car civil and luxurious.

the blitzsafe ipod thingy, does it still allow you to use your steering wheel controls?

right now im in afghan and the more detailed info and pics that you could give me be super awesome. wish i could be there to check out all your stuff.

thanks let me know man.
SOLD...please close thread

to answer your questions. blitzsafe does not allow use thru steering controls. I'm only interested in trading the intake for stock + cash. I'm not sure what you mean by the "sucking wooshing noise" but if you do a search you should get some sound/video clips.