Is the item new or used
Used

Selling rims, tires or both
Rims and tires

Size
17x6.5

-----------------------------------------------------
Product description

I am selling 4 wheels with tires from a 02 Acura TL Type-S. They are 17inch x6.5 wheels. With a bolt pattern of 5x114mm. Wheels are powder coated to matte black finish. With minor scratches and curb rashes. Wheels are not bent and the tires holds air. The wheels are mounted and balanced with Riken 225/45/17 tires that have about 45-50% tread left. I am ask for $300 or better offer. text me at 832-620-4887 if you are interested. I'm located in the Cypress or Northwest side of town.

Old 03-02-2011 | 01:14 AM
Racer

The inner section of the wheel that is reversed doesn't appear to have the same "powder" coated finish. Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought the process of powder coating involved the whole rim to be coated and finished not just the front face of the wheels. Could that difference in appearance be brake dust?

Please do not take this as a "call out" type deal. I am trying to seek clarification in regards to the given finish of your wheels and offer forum users additional information because I am sure there will be an interested party. There always seems to be with this type of finish and these look great from the the outer pictures.

I was only asking because there was an issue a couple months ago regarding 2 forum members in a transaction regarding a set of Non-OEM supposed powdered coated finished 3rd Gen TL wheels when in reality it was just a friend that rattle canned the wheels and did a poor job if memory serves me correct.

Good luck with your sale and great priced rims!

Last edited by VietGuy03; 03-02-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-02-2011 | 01:44 AM
5th Gear

Well, to be honest I am not sure how it was painted because I am not the person that got them painted originally. When I bought my 02 TLS, it came with these wheels on it. I personally was not a big fan of them being on the car, so i replaced my car with a different set of wheels.

I can tell you that the paint and method they used to paint the wheel seemed pretty good to me. The finish is better than what i have seen compared to legitimate powder coated or so-called powder coated wheels.

But then again, I am not an expert so whoever that may be interested in the wheels can see it physically for themselves and determine the quality of the finish.

Thanks for pointing that out. I agree some ppl might be skeptical about it.

For the interested buyers, please feel free to ask me questions about it. I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
Old 03-02-2011 | 08:25 AM
Administrator

CAUTIONARY ADVISORY

We advise all prospective buyers (or sellers) to be aware that this is either a new member or one with less than 50 posts, so please proceed accordingly and with caution.

This in no way reflects on the integrity of the buyer or seller. It is a standard notice we put in for these members buying or selling items of substantial value.

SHIPPING ADVISORY

If shipping is required, sellers are encouraged to use tracking numbers or delivery confirmation.

Buyers should request this even if it costs a few dollars more to ship. This is to protect both the seller and the buyer.
Old 03-03-2011 | 04:48 PM
5th Gear

price lowered to $250 firm
Old 03-03-2011 | 05:34 PM
ScoobyZINE

Lol, that is not powdercoated.. Rattle can FTW
Old 03-04-2011 | 02:15 PM
5th Gear

Shipped to 64133
Old 03-07-2011 | 04:29 PM
5th Gear

sold.. mods/admin please close the thread. Thanks