Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

iRotors Groupbuy...is anyone interested?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, I'm just still waiting on your word regarding the specific details of the warranty, if any.

I'm also saving up for other mods at this point, so I will have to work out my finances, as well.

So yeah, if you could find out about the warranty, that'd be great. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update on the price with shipping?
Old 04-18-2004, 08:12 PM
dj5
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by sc354
Dude, let people make their own decisions for themselves. If you want to be biased, then by all means, post this in the off-topic section, since most people here know that I'm not the type to screw them over. If I thought that the irotors sucked, then I wouldn't have started a groupbuy, right? I'm gonna be putting these on my car, and I'm always skeptical as too what goes on, and what stays off my ride. If I'm putting the irotors on, there's a reason for it, and that is I feel that for the price, you will not get anything near the performance of the irotors. The Rotora I heard got terrible ratings. On top of which, these are TRUE cross drilled rotors. They're not standard blank rotors that have actual holes embedded into them to be called "cross drilled". These slots and holes are actually manufactured with the rotors, and therefore they are no a susceptible to cracking.

One thing I can say is that kris (fsttyms1), generally does extensive research on anything he buys, and after I told him about the price of the irotors, he did his research, and 48 hours later was a proud owner of new irotors.

There's a reason why these rotors have a good name, and that is because they are known in the industry to hold up to a lot of abuse.

Please stop posting negative things about irotors, cause I find it hard to believe that you did 6 months of research. You haven't even used the rotora rotors yet, so who's to say you will like them? Post your review once you have first hand experience with them (being an owner/driver of a pair) but until then, keep your negative feedback about the irotors to yourself.

Thanks.

Dude,

I have not slammed the Irotors, just posted what other people on the board have said. I gave another option to people considering rotors.

You are the one slamming the Rotora rotors without any facts. I agree everyone should make up their own minds about the options they are putting on the vehicle. I just provided an alternative to the Irotors. By the way, all rotors are machine crossdrilled and are prone to crack. No exceptions.

I research all my options thoughly before I blindly plunk down my money. As you can see from my signature, I have most of the performance options available.

I will provide input on the Rotora rotors when I have them installed. However, I do agree most anything is better than the OEM rotors.

In the meantime, you need to get you panties out of wad.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no update as of now with shipping, seeing as I haven't concluded the groupbuy. therefore, the price still stands at 295 USD for ppl in Canada, and around 275 USD for those in the US.

We can compare apples to apples, and in this case it's fair to assume that the irotors will dissipate the heat better than the rotoras as they have more ventilation. Although less surface area to the rotor, the heat can more easily excape through the holes, and through the slots.

Personally, I love the look of the irotors also, I'm buying these rotors more or less for a lot better stopping power, prevention from warping, but also because they are good looking on the wheels.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Got a Job!

do these fit an 01 CL-S?

are they any larger than the stock rotors, or are htey the same size? And is it true that stopping distance is increased?

Should I go with EBC Greenstuff, Axxis Deluxe, or Axxiss Metal Master? I want a pad that will last a long long time with better breaking than the stockers...I suppose I can live with the brake dust, but I'd prefer to stay away from a pad that I need to clean my wheels every other day. Every week is coo tho

Lastly, how much would it cost to get these installed?
Old 04-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Instructor

I am interest in a set. Let me know when you cut the deal and payment options. Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Banned

keep in mind, if these rotors warp, your shit out of luck because they cant be resurfaced.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraTLS03
keep in mind, if these rotors warp, your shit out of luck because they cant be resurfaced.
Hence the reason I am waiting on his word on the warranty. I don't want to spend 275 bucks and be SOL when they warp or crack. All rotors are destined to warp or crack, so I'm not bad-mouthing the iRotors. I'm just curious as to what iRotors will do about it when their products warp or crack.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:12 PM
TL-S driver

I'm in, who do we pay to get these and give me an exact price.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ok guys,

I just got off the phone with the woman in charge of our groupbuy at irotors (Anne), and she said here is what the warranty will cover.

-The rotors come with a 30 day warranty which covers from fitment issues, or manufacturing defect. Now Anne stated to me that in the five years that she has worked at irotors, she has not once had rotors come back for cracking. Keep in mind that they have some brakes mounted on a 1994 Toyota Supra which does the 1/4 mile in 11.5 seconds, and even he used the irotors and doesn't have cracking issues. Now in terms of warping, she has only seen 3 pairs ever comes back for warping and one of those was within 14 days.

Unfortunately the woman I initially spokle to was not in the office today. Therefore I spoke to a different person. I have a feeling that Kim warmed up to me a little more and was throwing in a few extras, and a better price, so I will call back tomorrow and speak with Kim.

If anyone else needs more info, PM me.

Take care.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Alright guys,

as of now I have 6 guys part of this groupbuy. I need 2-4 more guys and I have this groupbuy as a done deal. Get in while you can, or before it's too late.

Once I hit 8-9 guys, I will give everyone a 24 hour waiting period in case someone still wants in, but then the groupbuy will be concluded.

Later guys,

I'll keep in touch.

Here's who I have so far, if I forgot someone, please let me know asap.

1) Tatewaki (Steve)
2) dcostatl (danny)
3) Toby_TL
4) m3smgii2002
5) goldendragon576
6) pca7ggr
Old 04-20-2004, 05:35 AM
Team INSPIRE Canada

sc354

i'm interested, but like everyone else i'm waiting on your reply as to

total cost for CDN buyers with info on customs.....
and warranty coverage issue!

PM me once you know........... chuck
Old 04-20-2004, 07:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

I posted the warranty for you guys...here it is again.

-The rotors come with a 30 day warranty which covers from fitment issues, or manufacturing defect. Now Anne stated to me that in the five years that she has worked at irotors, she has not once had rotors come back for cracking. Keep in mind that they have some brakes mounted on a 1994 Toyota Supra which does the 1/4 mile in 11.5 seconds, and even he used the irotors and doesn't have cracking issues. Now in terms of warping, she has only seen 3 pairs ever comes back for warping and one of those was within 14 days.

Unfortunately the woman I initially spokle to was not in the office today. Therefore I spoke to a different person. I have a feeling that Kim warmed up to me a little more and was throwing in a few extras, and a better price, so I will call back tomorrow and speak with Kim.

If anyone else needs more info, PM me.

Now as for customs, I don't know if we can entirely avoid it, but I will do my best. I know that in the past, I was able to get around nearly everything by labeling the package a warranty/repair. The good thing is, the rotors are all going to different addresses which will not make it as suspicious. If all the rotors were to be shipped to me, and I had like 9 orders coming back to me as a warranty/repair, they will most likely question it. The sales rep agreed to label the boxes as a warranty/repair for you...

is this sufficient guys?

Let me know if there's anything else I missed.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Racer

I dont mean to ruin your groupbuy, but it would save you guys a whole lot of money if you were to buy it from this guy on Ebay Acura CL/TL Rotors I emailed them and got a quote of $305 shipped for all 4 zinc plated/drilled rotors and Axxis Metal Master brake pads for my 2002 Acura Cl Type-S. To my surprise when I called to order they answered the phone "I-Rotors." I just received my shipping confirmation # and it the email came from sales@irotors.com. The rotors were $180 Drilled & zinc plated, $95 for the pads & $35 shipping. This is the email I got from the Ebay Seller.

"Hello,

Front/rear rotors are $180. Front/rear Axxis Metal Master pads are $90 shipped. Shipping is $35.

Give us a call at 714.713.3717 if you would like to order."

Old 04-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JaySyn77
I dont mean to ruin your groupbuy, but it would save you guys a whole lot of money if you were to buy it from this guy on Ebay Acura CL/TL Rotors I emailed them and got a quote of $305 shipped for all 4 zinc plated/drilled rotors and Axxis Metal Master brake pads for my 2002 Acura Cl Type-S. To my surprise when I called to order they answered the phone "I-Rotors." I just received my shipping confirmation # and it the email came from sales@irotors.com. The rotors were $180 Drilled & zinc plated, $95 for the pads & $35 shipping. This is the email I got from the Ebay Seller.

"Hello,

Front/rear rotors are $180. Front/rear Axxis Metal Master pads are $90 shipped. Shipping is $35.

Give us a call at 714.713.3717 if you would like to order."

I'm gonna call and find out right now how you possibly pulled off that deal. On ebay the rotors alone sell for 259 USD...not 180...

I'm confirming this, I hope you're not BSing up.

Old 04-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm gonna call and find out right now how you possibly pulled off that deal. On ebay the rotors alone sell for 259 USD...not 180...

I'm confirming this, I hope you're not BSing us

update: As I suspected, this is BS. I just checked ebay, and there is no place you can find these rotors for the fronts and rears for 180.

here's the link to the post:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

If you got them for that price, there must be a reason for it...or you're simply not telling the truth...so which one is it???
Old 04-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

New update:

I spoke to Anne from iRotors, and the funny part is she stated to me that there was no CL Type S order that came in this week. I mentioned this guy JED who is selling the rotors, and apparently they are knock off's of irotors. They basically take blank rotors, and cross-drill/slot them instead of manufacturing them with drilled holes and slots. Therefore, there's a greater risk of them cracking. Don't be fooled by this ad on ebay, you're not getting the same rotors. And that picture is all over irotor's ebay ads, therefore he just used it to post on his ad. They will look different when you receive them.

guys I have 7 ppl in this, so another 2-3 and we can finalize all plans, and hopefully you can have the rotors at your door by early next week.

Later.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Racer

I'm confirming this, I hope you're not BSing us

update: As I suspected, this is BS. I just checked ebay, and there is no place you can find these rotors for the fronts and rears for 180.

here's the link to the post:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

If you got them for that price, there must be a reason for it...or you're simply not telling the truth...so which one is it???
Before you start claiming "BS" you should follow the links I provided on my post. All I'm trying to do is help fellow Acura TL owners out. I have yet to even post this on the CL site. Follow this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

and email the seller and see the phone # he/she provides for call back! Then come back here and apologize. I emailed I-Rotors and got the same price you mentioned, but I emailed these people and got a cheaper price. To my surprise it was from I-Rotors as well. Thank you!
Old 04-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Racer

If it's not coming from I-Rotors.....why would I receive an email from Sales@irotors.com?
Old 04-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Let me speak to them again over the phone and clear this up once and for all.

thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Racer

Why would JEDParts be providing I-Rotors phone # as a # to place your order if their knockoffs? Do me a favor, email Jedparts and ask them for a phone # so that you can place your order over the phone. Let me know what # they give you and what they answered when you called. They dont answer "JedParts"....they answer "I-Rotors."

Give me your email address and I will forward the email I received from jedparts and you can call the # yourself.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Instructor

I would prefer a deal that also included the pads.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

OK guys,

I cleared this whole thing up with irotors. I spoke to Anne again, and I said "Look, some of the guys are getting pissed off, because you guys have another account under a different name selling your irotors for cheaper. Now what's the deal with that?"

So she replies, "We do in fact run under a different name, but it's a different company than irotors. They basically sell all our overstock, so these particular rotors have been sitting on the shelf for a while".

Now she continued talking, and apparently the zinc plating can only be on the rotor for 1 months before it's mounted on a car, if not the rotor zinc plating will come off within the first week of using the rotors with a new pad. So basically the zinc plating will be stripped off the rotor and the rotors will then rust.

Now I guess they found an extra pair in the back, and sold it on ebay, however all their other auctions are 250-280 USD (Buy it now price). So I think that our deal is still an excellent one. You are still getting an awesome rotor for a good price. Now as for pads, if you guys want, they also have the axxis metal master pads. They sell them for 69/front pair, and 49/rear pair. If you want, you can simply pay me an extra 120 bux USD, and I will have them ship the pads with the rotors to you.

let me know guys. So as of now, I am in contact with them everyday. So they know that we are serious. I spoke to her about a reduction in price, and she will definitely consider it once we send her a copy of all the info and shipping addresses. Remember that you will be paying me direct via paypal or cash in person (if you live in T.O.) and I will be paypaling the funds to irotors.

let me know if this still works for all of you.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Racer

So ... you saying that after I install em.. they will start rusting after 1 month. I'm confused.

I know the pads will rub off the Zinc Coating when it comes in contact... but the areas the pads do not contact should stay intact right... like the aread around the hub, and the fins between the discs...

I need em anyway so...
Old 04-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Instructor

Let use know what kind of deal you can get for both the rotors and pads. As a group buy, you should be able to get a discount on both items. I assume that you will quote us each our total cost with shipping. I would also expect the shipping to vary based upon distance.

Thanks for going tot he trouble of doing this. It is as pain and I appreciate your effort.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

No the zinc plating will only come off if the rotor has been sitting for a while with the zinc plating on it. With our orders though, what they will do is send the rotors out to a company to have them zinc plated, and from there have them shipped out to us. The hub and all that and in between the rotors should stay full intact.

I will find out how much more the pads are going to be with this groupbuy. post all the of the questions that you have for me, and I will have Kim look at them tomorrow.

-So you guys want to know what they can do on a price w/ pads as well???
-what else???

lemme know guys...

later
Old 04-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Racer

So she replies, "We do in fact run under a different name, but it's a different company than irotors. They basically sell all our overstock, so these particular rotors have been sitting on the shelf for a while".

Now she continued talking, and apparently the zinc plating can only be on the rotor for 1 months before it's mounted on a car, if not the rotor zinc plating will come off within the first week of using the rotors with a new pad. So basically the zinc plating will be stripped off the rotor and the rotors will then rust.

Now I guess they found an extra pair in the back, and sold it on ebay,

When I placed my order the lady advised me that it'll take around 6-8 days to get the rotors back from being zinc plated and then they would ship them out to me. I even got an email stating that they were due to be plated by Wednesday. 1st she mentioned to you that JedParts was selling blanks that they would later cross drill and now she's admitting that they do operate under another name which confirms my previous statements.

In reference to the zinc plating coming off if it's not mounted within a month....I cant understand the logic behind that. I would guess that the chances of the plating coming off would be greater when installed on the car and not while sitting in a box, but I'm no expert in zinc.

Also, what excuse did she provide you for the pads? I got them for $90 shipped and they just quoted you $118. What's the story behind the pads?

Please realize that I'm not trying to start any trouble here, but in fact I'm trying to save all of you some $$$$. Everyone loves getting the lowest price.

Email from 4/20/04

"Hello Jason,

The rotors are being zinc plated and is scheduled to arrive back at our warehouse Wednesday and it’ll be shipped out then. When we place orders for the rotors, we place them by part numbers so we have you on for the new model CL 3.2 Type S.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Elvis Nguyen

www.iRotors.com"
Old 04-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Racer

OK.. but I still don't understand why the Zinc would come off once plated and left sitting. Anytime you do plateing (not necessarily on rotors) you usually put an clear adesive on em to prevent oxidation that you remove/peel out when you install em... If they said they may start to rust after like 8 -10 months of use then I can understand ...since they are exposed to the elements and the coating may rub off.

I'll probably want pads as well.
SS Brake Lines...

I wanna do the whole brake upgrade at once. This way you save on shipping and labor etc.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TLS RULZ
OK.. but I still don't understand why the Zinc would come off once plated and left sitting. Anytime you do plateing (not necessarily on rotors) you usually put an clear adesive on em to prevent oxidation that you remove/peel out when you install em... If they said they may start to rust after like 8 -10 months of use then I can understand ...since they are exposed to the elements and the coating may rub off.

I'll probably want pads as well.
SS Brake Lines...

I wanna do the whole brake upgrade at once. This way you save on shipping and labor etc.
ok for sure...look guys, I will get to the bottom of this by tomorrow. As of now, Kim who I originally spoke with is not in the office until tomorrow, so I will post back once I have heard from her.

Later guyz.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Newest Update

Ok guys,

I spoke with Anne just now and here's the outline.

-For those who are in Canada, the price still stands at 295 USD, however you now have the option of adding SS brake lines or Brake pads to your order. The brake pads that are available are Axxis metal master pads, and you simply add 85 USD for all 4. The SS brake lines are 99 USD. These will be shipped free of charge if you purchase the rotors as well. Keep in mind that either one is shipped free, you are not required to purchase both.

-Now if anyone new wants to purchase just the pads and/or the brake lines, please PM me asap with your info. The price will be slightly higher, since they have to charge you shipping on those items.

-For people located in the US, your price for the rotors is 279 USD. The reason it is cheaper to the US, is because the rotors do not have to cross the CDN border. Trust me guys, I wheeled and dealed this down for you guys.

-For those in California, your price is the same as Canadian residents because of the sales tax. Therefore you will be required to also pay 295 USD.

-For those of you who are in for this groupbuy, please PM me with your shipping info. At this time, I will also ask you to pay me via paypal, (or in person, but we will discuss further through PM). If you want to go ahead and pay me right away, you can send me the paypal funds to: jeff.setton@rogers.com

Please add an additional $8 USD to the price of your order so that I don't get nailed with the paypal fees.

-Please indicate in the "details" section of your payment that you are either purchasing, the rotors, or the rotors and pads, or any other product listed above (rotors, pads, or SS brake lines).

If I forgot any info, please let me know.

As for the info with the rotors being 180 USD, these rotors were overstock, and Anne stated to me that unfortunately that price is no longer available since they don't have anymore overstock. Now I would like to wrap this groupbuy up by this evening, because it will take them a week to have the rotors sent out to be zinc plated, and then shipped out to us. Kim (who I originally dealt with), will be in the office tomorrow, so I'm hoping to have all the shipping addresses and payment sent to her by then.

Let's make this happen boyz!!!

take care, you guys have been great to deal with.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Instructor

so what pads you guyzz going for?....I cant make up my mind either go for ebc green stuff or axxis ultimate best for this rotors??? any idea??....
Old 04-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Racer

wait.. so i have to pay extra just because i like in Cali?? that sucks... now i have to do more thinking....
Old 04-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Racer

Comon... we are paying extra for shipping as well as Canadian Taxes... because we live in Canada...
Old 04-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TLSAnthracite
wait.. so i have to pay extra just because i like in Cali?? that sucks... now i have to do more thinking....
Basically you are paying the same amount as if you were in Canada. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the sales tax in Cali. You have to take that up with your gov't...

sorry dude.

In any event, let me know if you want in on this groupbuy by tonight. I'm not trying to rush you, but I want to have this done asap.

thanks
Old 04-21-2004, 09:38 PM
6th Gear

Ok I checked into this and if you go to the irotors website and put the rotors in you cart and get to the shipping it is 28.00 for the shipping so if you bought them from ebay for 249.00 plus 28.00 as listed on the site it would be a total of 277.00 two dollars less then the groupbuy. Again I do not want to start problems but this is not a good deal, plus you have to add 8 for paypal for the groupbuy which means all together you are paying 10.00 more with the groupbuy.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by poloes
Ok I checked into this and if you go to the irotors website and put the rotors in you cart and get to the shipping it is 28.00 for the shipping so if you bought them from ebay for 249.00 plus 28.00 as listed on the site it would be a total of 277.00 two dollars less then the groupbuy. Again I do not want to start problems but this is not a good deal, plus you have to add 8 for paypal for the groupbuy which means all together you are paying 10.00 more with the groupbuy.
249 on Ebay without the zinc plating. Dude trust me, I'm not on the forum to screw people, and I already spoke to irotors (more than once). The price that you came up with seems a bit lower than what they charge the average person, plus you have to zinc coat the rotors. You must remember that shipping on these rotors to anywhere, whether it be Canada or the US, is going to be quite expensive due to the weight and distance it's being shipped. Shipping originally was 72 dollars to canada, and I was able to make a deal with irotors to ship them for 45 cdn. So I saved some money for you guys there.

Trust me guys, I worked this whole deal out, and don't forget that I have to pay this amount also. Think about it man, would I go through all this trouble to pay more, and on top of which bring a bunch of guys in this deal with me? Wouldn't it be more logical for me to simply order them by myself and not get 7-10 guys involved from the forum. Trust me, I planned this all out, and on paper everyone ends up saving about 40-50 USD if they go through this groupbuy...trust me on this one guys...I'm not out to screw anyone over, many forum members can vouch for me on that.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Team INSPIRE Canada

when are you submitting the order?

i want in but i'm just trying to come up with the money!

if you get to speak with them pls ask what the chances are of my getting the same price in a cpl wks.... i would like to get the whole package

rotors, pads, and ss hopwfully that might convince them to make an exception

lemme know what you can come up with

BTW, thanks for all the trouble you've gone through!

chuck
Old 04-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by eh!curaplus
i want in but i'm just trying to come up with the money!

if you get to speak with them pls ask what the chances are of my getting the same price in a cpl wks.... i would like to get the whole package

rotors, pads, and ss hopwfully that might convince them to make an exception

lemme know what you can come up with

BTW, thanks for all the trouble you've gone through!

chuck
no problem man. I will speak to them again today and let her know that I will have like 2 more orders coming through in 2-3 weeks. Just do me a favour, when you have the money ready, PM me and let me know, I will deal with it for you. Cause I don't know if our price will be valid for someone she doesn't know. If I however, go to her and ask for that price in 2-3 weeks, she will honor it.

Take care.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:24 AM
6th Gear

I am not saying you are trying to screw anybody but if you go to the listing on ebay it says zinc plating is included and shipping to new york which is where I live is 28.00 on the website which is a total of 277.00, if they say that the ebay listing is wrong why is it still up, if you buy it from ebay they have to ship it with the plating for the listed price. I don't know why you would want to pay more just order them on ebay it will be 10.00 cheaper just look.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:27 AM
TL-S driver

so when should we expect to see the everything? 2 weeks?

Quick Reply: iRotors Groupbuy...is anyone interested?